Is Jesus a Made Up Story?

BossBattles

User ID: 8410224
United States
02/20/2012 02:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Is Jesus a Made Up Story?
One thing's for certain, Jesus has influenced the world in one way or another.

Do atheists and non-believers really think that the stories about Jesus were made up or lies?

Does that make sense?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10755955

No doubt fabrications were added to the story.
I can say what I want to,
even if I'm not serious.
JohnC
User ID: 3905692
United States
02/20/2012 02:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
I keep getting stuck with the fact that so many early eyewitnesses were willing to die. Why go through that unless you saw someone get killed and then come back to life.

I don't think the Gospels are accurate. the writers definately went back and added stuff to the story to make it fit with OT prophecies. Plus they probably added stuff from different mythologies in the area. Saying Jesus is made up because He and Hercules both had beards is a weak arguement.

BUt yeah I believe Jesus was the Messiah. He died and came back to life.
Jammer

User ID: 4141935
United States
02/20/2012 02:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Jesus most likely was a conglomeration of many great and morally strong men and stories of them .

Men who sought out the good and righteousness in man, and therefore was personified in to one person, in this way, simplifying the matter, and that so the multitudes could understand morality in civilized man.

These men, perhaps performing at a popular "forum" during Roman times.

A way to show possible virtue in the "lowly" human form known as man.
Your VILLAGE called, their IDIOT is missing.

Your IDIOT called, their VILLAGE is missing.
XenVal

User ID: 9312810
United States
02/20/2012 02:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
One thing's for certain, Jesus has influenced the world in one way or another.

Do atheists and non-believers really think that the stories about Jesus were made up or lies?

Does that make sense?

The actual records are kept classified. So yeah.
XenVal

User ID: 9312810
United States
02/20/2012 02:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Jesus most likely was a conglomeration of many great and morally strong men and stories of them .

Men who sought out the good and righteousness in man, and therefore was personified in to one person, in this way, simplifying the matter, and that so the multitudes could understand morality in civilized man.

These men, perhaps performing at a popular "forum" during Roman times.

A way to show possible virtue in the "lowly" human form known as man.
 Quoting: Jammer

Nice "intuiting". :)
Generation Doom

User ID: 2763486
United States
02/20/2012 02:17 AM

Report Abusive Post
Jesus was real!!! Just like the snake that spoke Hebrew. I think a donkey saw an angel and spoke Hebrew to his master. Of course, it was probably the snake and the donkey who told all the animals to get on the ark. This is when people lived hundreds of years near the beginning time 5000 years ago.

I can tell you without a doubt, this is not a made up story!!!

God, your dumb!!!
 Quoting: Leviticus

you're
 Quoting: Generation Doom

I'm what? Have I pissed in your fairy wheaties?

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones... Is all I'm saying hf
Pray this prayer to blind Satan:
[link to flameoflove.us (secure)]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1190661
Australia
02/20/2012 02:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
check out the story of the Egyptian God Horus (who existed before Jesus was even thought of).... then tell me if you think the story of Jesus is true or not.
 Quoting: Roentgen®

I'll help people with that

Horus 1 [link to www.religioustolerance.org]

Horus 2 [link to www.religioustolerance.org]

It is a very interesting topic and worth studying!

peace
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1190661

If you follow Sigmund Freuds hypothesis, was that Moses was one of the High Priest of Amenhotep IV, who later changed his name to Akhenaten. Atenism was one of the first forms of monotheistic religion and when Akhenaten mysteriously died, I believe that is when the Exodus took place.

Hence why there are a lot of correlations between the Egyptian mysteries and Christian mysteries.
 Quoting: Children of the Atom

Well there is another hypothesis out there that Moses was Senemut who may have been the lover of Pharoah Hatchepsut ( a female), after her husband died.

[link to biblelight.net]

Very interesting stuff!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1486940
United States
02/20/2012 02:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
He's more real than anyone I know, personally. MUCH more real, as he is the beginning and the end, the alpha and the omega. We, unlike him, are just men, like the grass withers and blows away, so do we, in the end. He lives forever, and we can only live forever THROUGH him. I only exist because of him and I only LIVE because he lives. He saved me from death and terrible dangers all of my life, and continues to hold my life in his hand. When I look in the mirror, I see so many of his miracles. He has proven himself to me over and over, not just in my life, but in SO many other lives, in real, tangible, inexplicable ways. He will show himself real to anyone who comes to him with a true, seeking, believing heart.
Leviticus

User ID: 11008964
United States
02/20/2012 02:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't see how there's any way stupid humans made up the story of Jesus.

They didn't have to make it up, there were already a few Jesuses before he wasn't born. Horus, Attis, Krishna, Dionysus, and Mithra. All Born of a virgin around the end of December. All had diciples, died and was resurrected after three days.

[link to www.youtube.com]

This is why Prince Phillip wants to be reincarnated as a virus. The sheer idiocy of his subjects is uncanny!!!
I can explain shit to you all day but, I can't understand it for ya!!!!
Lady Wolf account locked...
User ID: 11136980
United States
02/20/2012 02:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
I stickied this for the TRUTH, people need to stop judging Christ because of MANS decisions.

This subject has been weighing very heavily on my heart lately. I've been having a difficult time just accepting what I've been taught all of my life about Jesus, who he was and is as well as the whole "plan of redemption." On the one hand it makes perfect sense, but on the other I'm left scratching my head trying to make it all fit. I hope to eventually get at the truth and know it when I find it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9362066
Puerto Rico
02/20/2012 02:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
jesus is in the jewish religeon as a jewish priest and in some muslim beliefs as a profit 2 very big religeons so i think it fair 2 say he was real but someone must be wrong so whose it gonna be. in the christian bibl the antichrist goes to jerusalem to clain he is god and fools them and jesus shows up later to defeat the antichrist, the muslims belive jesus leads everyone to be in islam , but in the twelvers view he kills the antichrist, uncharistic for jesus as a christian view. so if jesus comes back to kill the antichrist, as some muslims believe , then he is resurected then. which leaves jesus resurected even in the muslim belief. in the christin bible the jewish people take a terrible whoopin after the antichrist shows.,, unles jesus is a time traveler sent back for the new world order and kills the jewish peoples new messiah , then there is a problem with who is who and how does jesus play in all 3 religeons.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1292915
Canada
02/20/2012 02:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Jesus was a mushroom. An Amanita Muscaria. Look it up.
Leviticus

United States
02/20/2012 02:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
I stickied this for the TRUTH, people need to stop judging Christ because of MANS decisions.

This subject has been weighing very heavily on my heart lately. I've been having a difficult time just accepting what I've been taught all of my life about Jesus, who he was and is as well as the whole "plan of redemption." On the one hand it makes perfect sense, but on the other I'm left scratching my head trying to make it all fit. I hope to eventually get at the truth and know it when I find it.
 Quoting: Lady Wolf account locked... 11136980

I hope to have made it pleasantly cut and dried in my two previous posts in this thread. If you cannot surmise from those things said what may or may not be reality, I am afraid you are doomed to live as you have always lived, FUZZY!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1476125
Canada
02/20/2012 02:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Even intelligent athiests believe Jesus existed, whether the stories told about him are true or not is up to faith. There is certainly enough evidence to suggest he did in fact exist.
Lnx

User ID: 1501781
Finland
02/20/2012 02:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sure there could have been dude named Jesus, but the stories about his miracles are just ludicrous
United States
02/20/2012 02:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10846423

How is one to acknowledge that which he doesn't know for certain? We are told throughout the Bible that our creator's existence is self evident by that which He has created. I would whole heartedly agree with this. Everything in nature screams of intelligent design, yet when it come to a son, and all that we are told he was and stood for...nature remains frustratingly silent. However we are given nothing tangible to believe in the son.
Leviticus

United States
02/20/2012 02:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
The Jesustards must all be asleep tonight. Usually they would be fucking my skull and giving me all kinds of bad Karma. Which, in itself, is ironic considering the topic!!!

Last Edited by Leviticus on 02/20/2012 02:38 AM
Anonymous Coward
Puerto Rico
02/20/2012 02:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
if he in fact existed and is prevailant in at least 3 religeons then . the question must be is he god that was in a man ?
United States
02/20/2012 02:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
He is real and he is our messiah. All one has to do is look at the testimonies of Christians who receive words, visions, and other supernatural miracles. You can easily find miracles on YouTube of the dancing sun at Medugorje or Eucharistic hosts which bleed real human blood...Look up testimonies of those who prayed to Jesus and were miraculously healed of physical ailments. Its taking the easy way out to just dismiss 100% of this as a hoax and to be honest when you do that you're just lying to yourself.
 Quoting: Generation Doom

In order to lie to oneself, one would have to inwardly acknowledge a truth and then also inwardly deny it. Why would someone do that? Is that even possible?

Also...is in entirely possible that anyone's name could be prayed to and given the power of our external lives if we believe strongly enough and would our prayers be answered? Would miracles happen? Lets say for the sake of argument Jesus isn't real, or rather his divinity isn't and we pray to him. If there is an evil force in the world in terms of an evil deity who wanted the world to falsely believe in a son of God who did not exist, or rather as he has been portrayed to have existed, would this evil deity not cause those prayers to be answered and in doing so strengthen the belief in a supposedly false deity?
Jammer

United States
02/20/2012 02:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

You already know the truth.

You just haven't told yourself yet.

C. Future Moment
User ID: 1415173
United States
02/20/2012 02:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
ALL YOU ARE DOING IS RESPECTING AND OR WORSHIPPING ENERGYYYYYYYY !!!! IT IS NOTHING MORE THAN THOUGHTS AND IDEAS. THAT IS ALL IT IS. WHEN YOU RESPECT A PERSON OR WORSHIP THEM ALL YOU ARE DOING IS RESPECTING AND WORSHIPPING A BALL OF LIGHT REALLY. IT IS ALL JUST ENERGY !!! GO BEYOND THE IMAGE. GO BEYOND THE FLESH AND BONE AND SEE MORE. THEY ARE IDEAS AND THOUGHTS.

if adolf hitler told everyone to live in peace and love and for everyone to live as one who would care if he had a funny mustache and his hair parted on the side ? No one. We only remember the image (the flesh of the person) because we remember what they stood for. It is all just energy.

eh whats the use ? I am just waisting my energy telling you something you just don't understand. LOL ....or is it waste ? hhhmmmm

Think people. For the love of all that exist please think. Stop accepting everything only in dimensional programming that you have been fed your entire life. See like an artist and see depth. See levels of knowledge. You can do it.
Leviticus

United States
02/20/2012 02:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Even intelligent athiests believe Jesus existed, whether the stories told about him are true or not is up to faith. There is certainly enough evidence to suggest he did in fact exist.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1476125

Whether or not he existed makes no difference to me. What does matter to me is, dumbshit interpretations of what the sheep think he said and then holier than thou fucks babeling about hellfire and brimstone!! That shit gets old after about the hundredth time!!!

granny Fuck that shit!!!
United States
02/20/2012 02:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
I keep getting stuck with the fact that so many early eyewitnesses were willing to die. Why go through that unless you saw someone get killed and then come back to life.

I don't think the Gospels are accurate. the writers definately went back and added stuff to the story to make it fit with OT prophecies. Plus they probably added stuff from different mythologies in the area. Saying Jesus is made up because He and Hercules both had beards is a weak arguement.

BUt yeah I believe Jesus was the Messiah. He died and came back to life.
 Quoting: JohnC 3905692

ok...but is it not fair to use this same argument in the opposite way? Why are ANY religious extremists willing to die for their beliefs? I.e. Witches, suicide bombers, The People's Temple, Waco, David Koresh and his followers. I would even point out that many of these deaths were pretty horrendous as well.
Anonymous Coward
Puerto Rico
02/20/2012 02:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
if a being is in or on the templemount claiming to be god then ...i agree some thought as to what this persona is should be thought out thouroughly ,,,but you cant have a real contender to the throne till that happens
United States
02/20/2012 02:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
He's more real than anyone I know, personally. MUCH more real, as he is the beginning and the end, the alpha and the omega. We, unlike him, are just men, like the grass withers and blows away, so do we, in the end. He lives forever, and we can only live forever THROUGH him. I only exist because of him and I only LIVE because he lives. He saved me from death and terrible dangers all of my life, and continues to hold my life in his hand. When I look in the mirror, I see so many of his miracles. He has proven himself to me over and over, not just in my life, but in SO many other lives, in real, tangible, inexplicable ways. He will show himself real to anyone who comes to him with a true, seeking, believing heart.
 Quoting: SaintIn

I really wish I had your certainty. I truly do! But how can one have a seeking and a believing heart at the same time? If one already believes the answers one seeks than why would one be seeking?
Jammer

United States
02/20/2012 02:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
if adolf hitler told everyone to live in peace and love and for everyone to live as one who would care if he had a funny mustache and his hair parted on the side ? No one. We only remember the image (the flesh of the person) because we remember what they stood for. It is all just energy.

eh whats the use ? I am just waisting my energy telling you something you just don't understand. LOL ....or is it waste ? hhhmmmm

Quoting: C. Future Moment 1415173

Some know the truths.

Some do not wish to know it.

Everlasting energy...

C. Future Moment C.
User ID: 1415173
United States
02/20/2012 02:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Budda was a big fat bald guy who had many of the same ideas and thoughts as Jesus Christ. Whatever form the truth takes it is still and ideology you are worshipping and or respecting. In other words the message is more important than the messenger because the flesh changes and rearranges but the ideas is more real and solid than the ground or the sun.

Jesus Christ existed because the ideas of what He was saying are not that hard to understand. Actually they are very easy to understand. The problem is knowing them with no doubt. The less doubt you have in them the closer you come to God. To live as the intangibles are stronger and more real than any physical thing is extraordinarily difficult to do but the power in the belief is off the scale. What cannot be touched, seen, smelled, felt or heard is the most powerful thing of all because it effects all that is physical.

we get down to our knees and kiss a dream.

now that my friends is pure poetry.
United States
02/20/2012 03:01 AM
Report Abusive Post

I hope to have made it pleasantly cut and dried in my two previous posts in this thread. If you cannot surmise from those things said what may or may not be reality, I am afraid you are doomed to live as you have always lived, FUZZY!!!

lol don't give up on me just yet...much material in the way of links to cover here...this has been an on-going search for me and I'm determined to get at the truth and put it to rest once and for all. I have lived a very long and difficult life so far and my experiences in this life have turned me into a highly skeptical non-conformist. I don't trust anyone or anything until I decide to trust them or it, and that's not until they or it has been well vetted. ;0)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10350396
United States
02/20/2012 03:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Albert Einstein believed in God.

People who hear the message of Jesus for the first time in remote foreign lands begin to cry and speak in tongues as they often do here. The funny thing is nobody told these tribes and remote peoples that they were supposed to speak in tongues or to cry, etc... But suddenly they do and the same thing happens world wide. The bible has universal truth. Wherever you go and preach the word, people are changed. Why do people who never heard the message of Jesus, react in the way the bible said they would? Because its real.

People get possessed by demons and only the name of Jesus can cast them out. Yes some people are just crazy, but demon possession is real and when possessed ppl often begin to speak languages they've never learned and reveal secretive information about ppl in the room during the exorcism that only them ppl themselves could know.

The Bible is 1/3 Bible prophecy and all the prophecies have either come true or are about to in the last days.

Yes Jesus is real. And years ago he walked the Earth. Its a documented fact that a man named Jesus was willing to die on behalf of man on a cross. Nobody made him get crucified but he layed down his life. So either he was insane or he was who he said he was> the Son of God, the Messiah.

He rose from the dead and is in heaven now, and will return to judge the world.

Its up to you whether or not to accept Jesus into your heart.

People will debate until their blue in the face, but at the end of the day the choice is yours.
Anonymous Coward
Puerto Rico
02/20/2012 03:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
1 is a product of there surroundings so some say budda others say ala others say mohamad or jesus or whatever but whats it gonna be if any and why?

GLP