Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Chevy Volt=Epic Fail

:OH-NO:

lmao
 Quoting: G3

He's "The Man"

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 851544

Thanks for trashing the thread, jerk-off.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 851544
United States
02/22/2012 01:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

:OH-NO:

lmao
 Quoting: G3

He's "The Man"

I was tryin' to give your master his kudos because, he's "The Man". Everything you messiah has done has turned to gold right? Because he is Barack/Barry Hussein Midas Hussein/Soetoro.

He's "The Man"

And by the way....piss off twat!
Anonymous Astrophysicist
User ID: 1194483
United States
02/22/2012 01:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

He's "The Man"

I was tryin' to give your master his kudos because, he's "The Man". Everything you messiah has done has turned to gold right? Because he is Barack/Barry Hussein Midas Hussein/Soetoro.

He's "The Man"

And by the way....piss off twat!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9704425

Why don't you do us all a big favor and drink a big tall glass of shut the fuck up?

Quit trying to pretend you're stupid enough to think Obama has a damned thing to do with nay of this. Only a small percentage of the lowest life forms on GLP buy into that ludicrous idea..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11229433
United States
02/22/2012 02:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ford has a new electric coming out
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8934127
United Kingdom
02/22/2012 02:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
I drive a diesel honda accord. Ive had it chipped so that its 200bhp. It now does 60mpg and i can use old fryinh oil in it should i wish to.
infact im saving all my old frying oil and going to filter and distil it for when im ready.
i could use it filtered in a 50/50 mix now with no mods to the car.

The weight of those batteries in electric cars makes the stopping distance longer. A fact that could kill you and your family if you ever need to emergency brake.
I see hybrid cars in the slow lane of the motorway all the time due to their weight they cannot go faster.
add that to the fact that the battery tech at the moment is shit in all honesty, they need replacing often a fact that im sure the manufacturers want to hide.
Who would buy a 3 year old battery car? lol the battery pack for them cost circa 4-5000k in the uk. The cars vaue 2nd hand? 3k.
no thanks.
I paid 3k for mine 2nd hand 3 years ago. ive serviced it once in that time and had it chipped at a cost of £300.
infact i know ive done 80 miles in mine at the moment and the gauge is still on full.
electrics cars are a waste of resources at the moment. No owners know the true cost yet.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11253514
Australia
02/22/2012 02:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ford has a new electric coming out
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11229433

Oh WOW rolleyes
Anonymous Astrophysicist
User ID: 1194483
United States
02/22/2012 02:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
I drive a diesel honda accord. Ive had it chipped so that its 200bhp. It now does 60mpg and i can use old fryinh oil in it should i wish to.
infact im saving all my old frying oil and going to filter and distil it for when im ready.
i could use it filtered in a 50/50 mix now with no mods to the car.

The weight of those batteries in electric cars makes the stopping distance longer. A fact that could kill you and your family if you ever need to emergency brake.
I see hybrid cars in the slow lane of the motorway all the time due to their weight they cannot go faster.
add that to the fact that the battery tech at the moment is shit in all honesty, they need replacing often a fact that im sure the manufacturers want to hide.
Who would buy a 3 year old battery car? lol the battery pack for them cost circa 4-5000k in the uk. The cars vaue 2nd hand? 3k.
no thanks.
I paid 3k for mine 2nd hand 3 years ago. ive serviced it once in that time and had it chipped at a cost of £300.
infact i know ive done 80 miles in mine at the moment and the gauge is still on full.
electrics cars are a waste of resources at the moment. No owners know the true cost yet.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8934127

I tell you a funny story, diesel here runs about 4.00 bucks a gallon, and Sam's had a sale on vegetable oil at 2.22 a gallon if you bought ten or more. I bought 100 gallons. you should have seen the looks on peoples face walking by as I used a funnel to pour it into my gas tank. The best thing about it is the smell is pleasant, not unlike driving past a Wendys, and the mileage is ten percent greater than with diesel fuel. Instead of chipping I use an on board computer to adjust parameters on the go for maximum efficiency, and granted i don't get 60 miles to the gallon but you cant haul a ton of cargo and 6 passengers in your accord.

ROCK ON!
Children of the Atom

User ID: 8307936
United States
02/22/2012 02:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good!

I'm sick of the radical green movement. Their supporters simply parrot the misinformation and support a cause that was intended to bilk the common masses.

Imagine now if we were all forced into buying one of these?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11254476
Australia
02/22/2012 02:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yep, because they want everyone to think "boy these alternative power source ideas are useless"

Big oil wants that for every america: constant and total control.
 Quoting: ExpertOfSound

its so blatanly obvious

jack nicolos built his own hydrogen car

also back in the 70s they where actually promising

to bring out electric cars like they still do today XD
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11254593
Australia
02/22/2012 02:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
petol cars are like a 2D image electric cars are like a 3D image

yet big oil dosnt want to make the switch XD
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11254593
Australia
02/22/2012 02:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
i smell pussy cats
Children of the Atom

User ID: 8307936
United States
02/22/2012 03:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
petol cars are like a 2D image electric cars are like a 3D image

yet big oil dosnt want to make the switch XD
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11254593

Bullshit.

Lithium is heavily regulated and is expensive to mine.

Secondly, the batteries are heavy as shit and waste a lot of the energy the car uses trying to move.

Thirdly, lithium cars are more hazardous to dispose of then regular combustion engines.

It's like trying to find a substitute for transfer heat, other than water, there really is not much out there. Water and its 1:1 ratio of cooling simply can't be beat.
Brunhilda

User ID: 1431957
United States
02/22/2012 03:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
people like you laughed at Henry Ford too
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11086154
United States
02/22/2012 04:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
how about the smart car? it gets a whopping 40mpgs..............for a microcar thats pathetic. i bet the new fiats dont do any better.

a 1991 geo metro gets 50+ mpg, no fancy hybrid bullshit, 20 year+ old technology.

its all bullshit.
 Quoting: theCOOCH

Exactly! I remember the civic hatchbacks from that era got around 50 mpg... I had a 91 and my brother had a 92 (From what I remember he got a little better mileage, I had a 16 valve 4 speed manual, he had the 8 valve 5 speed manual).
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1311260
Canada
02/22/2012 04:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
due to how the economic system works...If the consumption of something is cut in half...the cost will have to double.

The cost of oil increasing is the factor...

The price has to be controled...If the cost of oil becomes uncontrolable...the system will destablize and collapse.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11262438
United States
02/22/2012 08:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Tesla Roadster costs as little as $5 to charge, equivalent to $0.02 per mile. Alternatively, a gasoline-powered car rated to 20 mpg costs about $0.15 per mile.

"One of the most common and tricky experiments is testing how far the Roadster will go on a single charge in various driving conditions. For the latest powertrain configuration (powertrain 1.5), we have demonstrated dynamometer test results of 244 miles range in a complicated combination of highway and city drive cycles defined by the EPA."

[link to www.teslamotors.com]

Now, these cars are too expensive for most to buy, but the technology is there and if it were mass-produced everyone would be able to afford it.

If our presidents and Al Gore really cared about the environment they would make sure every car on the highway used this technology.

These are fairly new ... the efficiency is only going to improve.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77497
United States
02/22/2012 09:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Tesla Roadster costs as little as $5 to charge, equivalent to $0.02 per mile. Alternatively, a gasoline-powered car rated to 20 mpg costs about $0.15 per mile.

"One of the most common and tricky experiments is testing how far the Roadster will go on a single charge in various driving conditions. For the latest powertrain configuration (powertrain 1.5), we have demonstrated dynamometer test results of 244 miles range in a complicated combination of highway and city drive cycles defined by the EPA."

[link to www.teslamotors.com]

Now, these cars are too expensive for most to buy, but the technology is there and if it were mass-produced everyone would be able to afford it.

If our presidents and Al Gore really cared about the environment they would make sure every car on the highway used this technology.

These are fairly new ... the efficiency is only going to improve.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11262438

WOW!
jailarson

User ID: 10641596
United States
02/23/2012 12:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

EXACTLY. THE SO CALLED ENVIRONMENT MOVEMENT IS BEING PERPETRATED BY THE SAME PEOPLE WHO MINE CRUDE OIL

THESE ELITE ARE TOO SMART FOR THE AVERAGE PERSON

THEY USED US ALL TO ELEVATE THEIR OWN WEALTH AND POWER, NOW THEY OWN EARTH

AND NOW THEY WANT TO MAKE EVERYONE BROKE USING THE "ENVIRONMENT" AS AN EXCUSE

THEIR SCAMS KNOW NO BOUNDARIES

IT IS ALMOST COMICAL TO SEE WHAT LIES IN PLAIN SIGHT, AND SEE 6 BILLION SHEEP WHO ARE BLIND
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11246938

Ok, ok we get the picture. You wana get off the caps lock before the hear us and send out the goon squad?cruise

IM NOT ON CAPSLOCK. I HOLD THE SHIFT BUTTON cruise
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11246938

Well, +1 for not being lazy.
theCOOCH

User ID: 11366157
United States
02/24/2012 11:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
how about the smart car? it gets a whopping 40mpgs..............for a microcar thats pathetic. i bet the new fiats dont do any better.

a 1991 geo metro gets 50+ mpg, no fancy hybrid bullshit, 20 year+ old technology.

its all bullshit.
 Quoting: theCOOCH

In 1978 the Volkswagen diesel rabbit got 58 mpg on the highway and 40 in the city. It depended a lot on which way the wind was blowing literally as to whether you would achieve those numbers, but 50 to 55 was average in the highway in mine.

I have a full sized GMC flare side Sierra that I have placed a Toyota deliver panel trucks 4 cylinder engine/ transmission in it that gets 40 and sometime 45 mpg on the highway and does 0-60 in a reasonable 15 seconds with a 5 speed transmission. It will cruise easily at 80 but gets its best fuel efficiency at 60.

The guy that sold me the truck/engine told me it got about 30 mpg if you kept it under 50, so I am assuming the much more aerodynamic shape of the Serra , the weight reduction that came with getting rid of the huge v-8 and all it's trappings, and the modifications I did to the engine including concentrating and re-burning combustible emissions increasing it's efficiency. The weight reduction was such that I had to modify the front suspension because the vehicle rode to high in the front, but that was a matter of simply cutting the bottom out of the bottom a-arm and welding it in a lower position. I then lowered the back to match an intentional overcompensation, so the ground clearance to the center of the undercarriage is less but overall identical to the original , since it is actually the rear differential that determines actual ground clearance and that was unchanged.. I found the more level the vehicle was, the better mileage it got and it also has an air dam and ground effects. Using air shocks on the back with an on board compressor allows me to position the vehicles attitude for maximum fuel efficiency, which shows in real time on an on board laptop..

It also utilizes a centrifugal oxygen concentrator to maximize combustion efficiency without increasing the size of intake valves or air intake, and the engine was supercharged to begin with, making the acceleration reasonable .( A stock GMC Sierra goes 0-60 in under 7 seconds with a 305 v-8 but gets a miserable 17 mpg highway or 18 or so with the big 4.3 liter v-6) . With a 25 gallon tank I can fill it up with regular diesel fuel and not have to worry about filling it up again until the following month , usually. It actually gets better mileage on natural gas, which is cheap compared to diesel.

I have also connected the fuel and air induction systems to an on board laptop that makes the engine where it can burn anything combustible. The ONLY reason vehicles like this are not available on the market is because big oil doesn't want them to be, PERIOD.
 Quoting: Anonymous Astrophysicist 1194483

i dont know if i belive you, if you wanted to lower a 2wd sierra front end, youd cut a coil off the coil spring, not chop and weld your a-arms which is dangerous and 100x more work. FAIL.
SLAM THAT CLAM
theCOOCH

United States
02/24/2012 11:10 AM
Report Abusive Post

SLAM THAT CLAM
theCOOCH

United States
02/24/2012 11:13 AM
Report Abusive Post

SLAM THAT CLAM
theCOOCH

United States
02/24/2012 11:20 AM
Report Abusive Post

SLAM THAT CLAM
theCOOCH

United States
02/24/2012 11:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

smokey yunick, in his garage, made a 4cyl fiero that had 250HP, got 51 MPG, and put out nearly ZERO emissions.
SLAM THAT CLAM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11330349
United States
02/24/2012 02:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Actually what makes an electric car is copper. Thats the expensive part in resourses, money and weight.

If somebody could make a good motor/generator out with aluminum windings we'd be good to go.

Actually gold is the most efficient conductor available, and silver a close second, but if you were to use these the cost would be out of this world

You might want to go back and research that as copper is a better conductor than gold with silver being the best conductor.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11330349
United States
02/24/2012 02:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Actually what makes an electric car is copper. Thats the expensive part in resourses, money and weight.

If somebody could make a good motor/generator out with aluminum windings we'd be good to go.

Actually gold is the most efficient conductor available, and silver a close second, but if you were to use these the cost would be out of this world

Mainly talking about the weight. If you can replace just 200 pounds of copper and steel with aluminium you can take like 50 pounds off the batteries and consequentially another 100 off the suspention, tires and braking.

Well, get working on it. There are already soft aluminum alloys that almost match copper in electrical conductivity efficiency, but generally speaking , with metals the closer the atoms are together (in other words the greater the specific gravity), the greater the electrical conductivity efficiency. Aluminum has atoms that are @ 8 times as widely spaced as gold, and thus are relatively poor conductors.

This is why gold is used in cell phones and computer circuits

Gold is only used in very thin plates for corrosion resistance or in extremely fine connection wires inside chips for fatigue resistance.

There is FAR more copper in cellphones and computers than gold.
JoeGray100
User ID: 6665858
United States
02/27/2012 04:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
How about some input from an actual Volt owner. I get 80+ miles per gallon and with a 240Volt Charger I can completely charge my volt from a depleated battery in less than 4 hours. The only way I’ve ever experienced 25 miles in a charge is when I’m driving like a maniac breaking and accelerating hard. However, if I’m conservative in my breaking and accelerating I can milk 40-50 miles to a charge. Following this biased reporting, there has been an email circulating with really bad math referencing Bolling’s reporting for credibility. It’s already been debunked. See [link to forums.phishhook.com]

GLP