Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,179 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,067,544
Pageviews Today: 1,781,736Threads Today: 719Posts Today: 12,839
05:30 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Breaking News: $6.00 gas now being charged here in Florida. What are the rest of you fools paying?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1562221
02/22/2012 06:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Breaking News: $6.00 gas now being charged here in Florida. What are the rest of you fools paying?
$3.39 here in SE Wisconsin. I had heard on the news that the highest registerd price for gas was in Cali at $4.49.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11273128
Germany
02/22/2012 06:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Breaking News: $6.00 gas now being charged here in Florida. What are the rest of you fools paying?
for sure it DOES matter !

because we have to pay indirectly for your stupid wars, Americans!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11273128

Fucking ungrateful leftist POS. You wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for America.

It's a privilege that you can talk shit about them.

Most (if not all) of our German values are on the line if America falls.

Get fucked... bird
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11244901

bsflag

why? because without the non-selfish help from our fellow american brothers Germany would be a free country, not still occupied by so-called Alloes ! we would have a peace contract and so on and on... maybe you as a German (?) should search for real information.. and always remember: the winner writes the history books...
LakeXeno

User ID: 9350448
United States
02/22/2012 06:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Pentagon report says U.S. pays $400/gal for gas in Afghanistan

Never use the words 'military' and 'intelligence' in the same sentence.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11285458

hmm
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11275946
United Kingdom
02/22/2012 06:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Get used to $8 to $10 gas, by the end of March.

damned

macgunjihad
LakeXeno

User ID: 9350448
United States
02/22/2012 06:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Get used to $8 to $10 gas, by the end of March.

damned

macgunjihad
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11275946

While europe is going be be paying near $3.50/liter. :D

5a
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1340722
United States
02/22/2012 06:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
7445883:MV8xNzkwMTkyX0ZCQ0VDOTZE]
Due to the dangers of setting up ground-based supply convoys, the military fully expects that air-drops will be increasingly necessary in the coming months and years. And that means our military's fuel bill is only going to get more and more expensive.

Quoting: Delta Force

WHY NOT JUST INVENT KORAN-FUELED HUMMERS.

I HEAR THEY BURN PERTY GOOD.

THE KORANS, NOT THE HUMMERS.
Rajun Cajun

User ID: 5125090
United States
02/22/2012 07:03 PM

Report Abusive Post
We will not see $6.00 gas any time soon in this country.
Or will we?
The TRUTH will set you Free, but first it will piss you off.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11222512
United States
02/22/2012 07:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Pay up!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1405654
Germany
02/22/2012 07:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

Fucking ungrateful leftist POS. You wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for America.

Get fucked... bird

bsflag

why? because without the non-selfish help from our fellow american brothers Germany would be a free country, not still occupied by so-called Alloes ! we would have a peace contract and so on and on... maybe you as a German (?) should search for real information.. and always remember: the winner writes the history books...

what the fuck you are on?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1551413
United States
02/22/2012 07:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Motor city is stull under 4 bucks hahahahahha.....naw its not funny its cuz we are poor
GAS SIPHONER
User ID: 1340722
United States
02/22/2012 07:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
WHY ON EARTH WOULD I GIVE OIL COMPANIES ANY OF MY MONEY?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11288147
United States
02/22/2012 07:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Price Gouging Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is Price Gouging?
Florida Statute 501.160 states that during a state of emergency, it is unlawful to sell, lease, offer to sell, or offer for lease essential commodities, dwelling units, or self-storage facilities for an amount that grossly exceeds the average price for that commodity during the 30 days before the declaration of the state of emergency, unless the seller can justifying the price by showing increases in its prices or market trends. Examples of necessary commodities are food, ice, gas, and lumber.

2. How do I know if I’m being price gouged?
The law compares the reported price of the commodity or service during the state of emergency to the average price charged over the 30-day period prior to the declared state of emergency. If there is a “gross disparity” between the prior price and the current charge, it is considered price gouging.

3. What is covered under the Price Gouging Statute?
The Price Gouging Statute covers only essential commodities. A “commodity” means any good, service, material, merchandise, supplies, equipment, resources, or other article of commerce, and includes, without limitation, food, water, ice, chemicals, petroleum products, and lumber necessary for consumption or use as a direct result of the emergency. The law also requires those selling goods and services to possess an occupational license. Examples of non-essential items luxury items are alcoholic beverages and cigarettes.

4. What evidence do I need to help enforce the Price Gouging Statute?
If you suspect price gouging, obtain as much information as possible in the form of estimates, invoices, receipts or bills. When comparing products, note as much information as possible, including the product name, size or quantity, manufacturer, item number and unit price. For lumber products, note the grade, thickness and quality. If it is a service such as storage or towing, note the per-mile (or other distance) charge, removal charges, per-day storage charges and other charges such as security, clean up or other “add-ons.” Report this information to the Attorney General’s Price Gouging Hotline at 1-866-966-7226. You may also report violations online at [link to myfloridalegal.com] or mail documents to the following address:

Office of the Attorney General
The Capitol, PL-01
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1050

Please remember to include your name, the name of the company or individual, and a complaint number, if you received one.

5. How can I avoid becoming a victim of price gouging?
Plan ahead. Prepare for a disaster before it happens. Always have the following items on hand:

* Five gallons of drinking water per person in your household
* At least two working flashlights
* A portable radio
* A telephone with a cord – If the electrical power is lost, a cordless telephone will not work
* An ample supply of batteries to power these and other items
* A full tank of propane and charcoal if you have a barbeque grills
* Non-perishable food items
* Formula and diapers, if you have young children in the home

Although not essential, board games, books and playing cards might be helpful to entertain young children. Additionally, do not forget to make plans to care for any pets.

If government officials recommend evacuation, it would be wise to heed that advice. Mandatory evacuations mean just that. Gas tanks should be filled in advance in case evacuation is advised.

After the danger has passed, obtain estimates for clean-up and repairs in writing from licensed contractors. Check with county or city contractor’s licensing board for recommendations and demand proof of proper licensing. Don’t allow anyone to bully you or force you into making a quick decision. Never hesitate to call the local law enforcement if necessary.
Signas
User ID: 9444705
United States
Report Abusive Post
Worst thing is it drives up the price of everything.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8993616
United States
Report Abusive Post
$3.39 here in SE Wisconsin. I had heard on the news that the highest registerd price for gas was in Cali at $4.49.
 Quoting: Vulcan4

paying $3.53 Flex fuel (85%) alcohol in Cali...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11262481
United States
02/22/2012 07:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP lives in Floriduh and calls us 'fools'...18 MILLION people and basically only ONE ROAD OUT! rofl
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11291203
United States
02/22/2012 07:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
High gas prices are supposed to make you want to attack Iran.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11288147
United States
02/22/2012 07:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.floridastategasprices.com]
Eternal universe
User ID: 11291183
United States
02/22/2012 07:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Upstate NY 3.85
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1562221
02/22/2012 07:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Vulcan4

paying $3.53 Flex fuel (85%) alcohol in Cali...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8993616

Wow, I would have imagined Flex Fuel to be much cheaper. I mean, that was the whole point of Flex Fuel, wasnt it?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10117829
United States
02/22/2012 07:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
According to GasBuddy.com, motorists are shelling out $5.89 for a gallon of regular gas at a Shell station in Lake Buena Vista, topping out at $5.99 a gallon for premium. It doesn’t get better at a Suncoast Energy station in Orlando, where drivers are paying $5.79 for a gallon of regular.

“Prices over in the Disney World area are much higher than any other place in Florida,” Jessica Brady, AAA spokeswoman, told CBS Tampa, adding that people regularly complain about gas prices in that area.

[link to tampa.cbslocal.com]

Pentagon report says U.S. pays $400/gal for gas in Afghanistan

The astronomical cost of fuel is due in part to how it must be delivered: by parachute. Huge military cargo planes operated by the Air Force fly to a remote drop zone and send dozens of pallets to the ground, containing items like food, water and, of course, fuel.

There's more bad news. Due to the dangers of setting up ground-based supply convoys, the military fully expects that air-drops will be increasingly necessary in the coming months and years. And that means our military's fuel bill is only going to get more and more expensive.

www.green.autoblog.com/2011/12/06/pentagon-report-says-us-pay​s-400-gal-for-gas-in-afghanistan/

lmao

Yeah, we also pay to import sand into Kuwait, uh because there is a huge sand shortage?

At least they are spending our children's future money well, right?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11031978
United Kingdom
02/22/2012 07:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Due to the dangers of setting up ground-based supply convoys, the military fully expects that air-drops will be increasingly necessary in the coming months and years. And that means our military's fuel bill is only going to get more and more expensive.

WHY NOT JUST INVENT KORAN-FUELED HUMMERS.

I HEAR THEY BURN PERTY GOOD.

THE KORANS, NOT THE HUMMERS.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1340722

Amazing reply! Win!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1281779
United States
02/22/2012 07:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sweet Jesus, help us all !!!

I just made vacation plans to take my 8yr old daughter to Disney.
Already booked the car, room for a week.
bought the tickets to Disney and Universal studios.
have until June 5th to cancel, if gas keeps going up,
I might have to call it off !!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11199612
United States
02/22/2012 07:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Or will we?
 Quoting: Rajun Cajun

Its unlikely. Even in '08, the national average peaked at $4.11, which roughly corresponded to an oil price peak at $145/barrel. Today, oil closed at $106 per barrel. Just from that, its pretty clear that we have a LONG way to go before we see $6/gallon as a national average rather than just opportunistic price gouging by a handful of stations. I paid $3.42 this morning.

Honestly, I don't think we'll see $6 gallon for quite a long time. The US economy simply can't sustain it, because most of the people are barely getting by as it is. You'll see demand destruction accelerate as prices continue to rise. I'd honestly be shocked if it hits $4.50 and even if it does, it'll drop like a brick soon afterward.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1200935
United States
02/22/2012 07:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
I paid $3.71 in South Florida.

Haven't seen anything over $4.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1431382
Canada
02/22/2012 07:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
$1.21 per litre = ? per gal.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10524605
United States
02/22/2012 07:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
3.45 in West Central Indiana (Terre Haute)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9859945
United States
02/22/2012 07:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
$3.85 Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9859945
United States
02/22/2012 07:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Or will we?
 Quoting: Rajun Cajun

Its unlikely. Even in '08, the national average peaked at $4.11, which roughly corresponded to an oil price peak at $145/barrel. Today, oil closed at $106 per barrel. Just from that, its pretty clear that we have a LONG way to go before we see $6/gallon as a national average rather than just opportunistic price gouging by a handful of stations. I paid $3.42 this morning.

Honestly, I don't think we'll see $6 gallon for quite a long time. The US economy simply can't sustain it, because most of the people are barely getting by as it is. You'll see demand destruction accelerate as prices continue to rise. I'd honestly be shocked if it hits $4.50 and even if it does, it'll drop like a brick soon afterward.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11199612

I ordered a solar car 20 years ago. Still waiting for GM to deliver it. Maybe a few more wars.
Maxmakc

User ID: 11291088
United States
02/22/2012 07:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

Get fucked... bird

I think maybe we should nuke Germany...

...just kidding. Luv ya'all. Sorry for truly being a bad country.
Regards,
USA
Maxmakc
optimusprimate

User ID: 10210453
United Kingdom
02/22/2012 07:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well here in the sunny U.K, we're paying around £1.40 per litre - that works out to be:

4.54 litres in a US gallon

4.54 * £1.40 = £6.35600 per gallon

£6.35 = $9.95 PER U.S GALLON in the UK.

Stop complaining!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?

~Epicurus 33 A.D

I am being held down by four greys as i type this

~ Florence 2015 A.D

GLP