Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Natural Cure for Depression, Bipolar, ADHD, Schizophrenia & High Cholesterol

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11691994
United States
03/03/2012 06:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Natural Cure for Depression, Bipolar, ADHD, Schizophrenia & High Cholesterol
I suggest drinking Propel flavored water - extremely high in Niacin.
 Quoting: Tex 10731096

Propel Fitness Water has 0.02ppm fluoride in it, for no reason.

A RO filter will bring it down to 0.00

Any water with any fluoride is a turn off for me.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6545575
United States
03/03/2012 06:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Natural Cure for Depression, Bipolar, ADHD, Schizophrenia & High Cholesterol
Thank you so much for posting this.

My oldest son was diagnosed with ADHD about 1 1/2 years ago. The teachers at his school have been HOUNDING me to put him on meds, and I just can't do it. But, he does need something, right now we get by with behavior therapy stuff and keeping him on a strict schedule helps.
 Quoting: amywood71605

we have tried the big pharma way but the side effects are terrible. we have gone to all natural. Multivitamins for kids from the health food store (not Flintstones which has aspartame), Carlson fish oil, the homeopathic VAXA "attend" mini" for kids and a great deal of patience I did not know I had. His disposition is better and no mood swings. The only thing left is reasonable attention in school. I believe once the "attend" goes to work as it takes 30 days to get into your system, he will be on track.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11021791
Netherlands
03/03/2012 07:38 AM
Report Abusive Post

My oldest son was diagnosed with ADHD about 1 1/2 years ago. The teachers at his school have been HOUNDING me to put him on meds, and I just can't do it. But, he does need something, right now we get by with behavior therapy stuff and keeping him on a strict schedule helps.

Be firm with him during times he needs to stop and listen. Allowing him to do it because you feel about about "him being sick" is just enabling his behavior. Don't say you aren't treating him special because of how he acts.

Right now we get by with behavior therapy stuff and keeping him on a strict schedule helps.

Behavior therapy? You really want some stranger telling your child what to do say and think? For god sakes, wake up, be a good parent, scold your children when its needed.

Know how to get rid of excess energy? Get em off the video games and outside playing. Stop being a lazy parent.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1723760

Take your son off all sugar, additives and preservtives. The feingold diet
Psych

User ID: 903456
Netherlands
03/03/2012 08:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Great thread Miffed!

The pharmaceutical industry these days has become a financial backbone to the economy, and that is where the problem is primarily.

This means that while most pharmaceuticals do work, they are only meant to treat a very specific group of people but these days they are handing them out like candy, for the sake of making money.

Secondly, in a lot of cases (not all) pharmaceuticals are aimed at curing the symptom as appose to root cause. In a lot of cases (not all), when someone is ill, they need to change their diet. Vitamins and minerals are the jewels of life, and society is getting sick because of a lack of it.

Third, and this is where Dr Abram Hoffer hits the nail in the head, psychologists and a psychiatrists often approach these complex issues in the wrong way.

Psychiatrists think they can solve anything with medicines and too many psychologists are applying methodologies which have become obsolete the last two decades but unfortunately no one told them yet, or they lack the will to educate themselves.

Psychology have changed a lot in the past two decades due to neuroscience and certain people in the field who took a completely different (and excellent) approach and blew old methodologies our of the water.

If you are in therapy, and you want know if you seeing a good psychiatrist, ask them about Sickmind Fraud (Sigmund Freud). If they don't completely despise him, discontinue seeing that psychiatrist because you are at the wrong address.

I don't get pissed off a lot but these subject can make my blood boil.

I am not gonna start about ADHD because that will make me very angry. I know parents with kids which were diagnosed with ADHD who are really doing their best, and also try to keep them off of the medication, but were unable to manage it because no one told them how to do it. There is no mystery to it, and it is relatively easy to overcome. It just takes time and effort.

Last Edited by Psych on 03/04/2012 05:41 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2170111
United States
03/03/2012 08:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
My wife has had depression and anxiety for almost ten years that has gotten continuously worse. She has been suffering from uncontrollable tremors or shaking. We have been to many doctors that just prescribe more meds. The tremors recently moved from her arms to her legs as well. It was awful. We started taking Niacin and the tremors gone! For the first time in nearly 10 years she is not depressed and can live a NORMAL life. Thank you so much for posting this thread!!!!!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11826814
United Kingdom
03/03/2012 09:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Annunaki bonghit
Vision Thing

User ID: 11476969
United States
03/03/2012 09:17 AM

Report Abusive Post
Someone posted this very helpful link here a long time ago and I have always tried to post it again in case it may help others.

A huge web site about magnesium and its usefulness as a therapy for depression, anxiety and other symptoms of magnesium deficiency:

[link to george-eby-research.com]

Bookmark that and go back and read it from time to time, there is so much to take in, a really comprehensive site.

It will always come up first if you google magnesium + depression.

He recommends magnesium glycinate as the best form to take and recommends against several other forms of magnesium that he says you shouldn't use.

I was always interested in nutrition and natural health, but the thing that got me really involved was the goal of preventing any relapse of depression. There were times in my life where I was really overworked, broke, and not eating properly and I don't want a repeat.

Anyone who is interested in using vitamin, mineral and supplement therapy, please keep in mind, there is no magic bullet, that is the concept that has gotten us in such trouble with drugs today, you need to look at the big picture of nutrition and of lifestyle.

Taking one single vitamin is not the answer, an across the board program of supplementation over the long term will have effects that show up so positively the older you get.

I was always taught it was a bad idea to take a single B-vitamin by itself, you need to take the entire B-complex.

One thing that site I posted the link to makes clear, the overemphasis on calcium supplementation has caused a lot of problems because it makes the magnesium deficiency worse.

If you are having problems with depression, first thing to try is, drop any calcium supplements you might be taking, and see if you improve after a while. We get plenty of calcium from our food, but hardly any magnesium.

He says in that site, he thinks the entire edifice of modern medicine is built on the calcium/magnesium ratio imbalance, that if we corrected that and got more magnesium than calcium instead of the other way around, 80% of the chronic diseases that are so lucrative for the medical trade today, would disappear.
TheFireman

User ID: 454067
United States
03/03/2012 09:18 AM

Report Abusive Post
bump
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
Tracy

User ID: 3600586
Australia
03/03/2012 09:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
My wife has had depression and anxiety for almost ten years that has gotten continuously worse. She has been suffering from uncontrollable tremors or shaking. We have been to many doctors that just prescribe more meds. The tremors recently moved from her arms to her legs as well. It was awful. We started taking Niacin and the tremors gone! For the first time in nearly 10 years she is not depressed and can live a NORMAL life. Thank you so much for posting this thread!!!!!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2170111

What dosage please? A teaspoon...heaped or ?
theSearchingJones

User ID: 7804665
United States
03/03/2012 09:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
5 star Thread

Nature is the only True technology and has every cure that we need.

peace
We get the powers over us that we've earned collectively. Humanity, as a whole, is self-interested, shallow, ignorant, violent and immoral; small wonder, therefore, that our leaders (secret or otherwise) reflect that. You want better leaders, become better people.

I forgive myself, I Love myself, I'm sorry, Please forgive me, I forgive you, I love you, Thank you.

God Bless You;
I Bless You;
Bless Yourself(~).

Love is the answer ~ Peace be with You.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1125152
Canada
03/03/2012 09:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
again it s/b pointed out to not go off any rx cold turkey. i am starting back on stresstabs today and going to wean off this prozac but slowly. i know i always feel better taking vitamins then i guess i feel good enough that i quit taking them. and more fruits and fresh vegs. fast food is poison.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1541973
United States
03/03/2012 09:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Great thread Miffed!

I am not gonna start about ADHD because that will make me very angry. I know parents with kids which were diagnosed with ADHD who are really doing their best, and also try to keep them off of the medication, but were unable to manage it because no one told them how to do it. There is no mystery to it, and it is relatively easy to overcome. It just takes time and effort.
 Quoting: Psych

any suggestions on how to manage a child with ADHD would be appreciated - sounds like you have some experience - could you please share?
Melungeon

User ID: 3394536
United States
03/03/2012 09:32 AM
Report Abusive Post

Have you tried a small cup of coffee in the mornings and a protein rich lunch?
 Quoting: tandym

That's a really good piece of advice. My oldest daughter has had attention issues, but they didn't effect her grades until high school. I started giving her caffeine in the morning, no doze one pill. It really helped.
Paddle faster honey, I hear banjo music!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7432020
United States
03/03/2012 09:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
The best cure is fish oil omega 3 fatty acids.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11132818
United States
03/03/2012 10:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
I wasn't Schizophrenic. I saw Dr. Hofner for trauma. Dr. Hofner was the only professional who made me well, to self-reflect and to be able to live my life. That was a good 20 years ago. He was good friends and with colleagues with Linus Paling. I am forever grateful for Dr. Hofner. He was truly amazing. I wish I was able to be more present at the time then I was, but trauma does odd things to one's brain and well-being. He is definitely in my top five people who has changed my life positively.
yoda
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9281005

was he related to dr hoffer too?
Newbie Dreamer

User ID: 11361738
Lithuania
03/03/2012 10:21 AM
Report Abusive Post

My mission here to create heaven in this world.
Search for thread: Merkaba chakras meditation by art. Balance yourself. Preparing body for multidimensional self.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4159338
United States
03/03/2012 10:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
the problem is, you can be all gung-ho about natural cures for mental illnesses, but once you "take away" the label, the behaviors will still be there for other

unfortunately, you can't expect the school to work well with you and your child because they will simply do what's needed to remove that behavior - remove the child until the behavior is fixed. what will you do for schooling? you'll be put into jail if you can't homeschool for failing to force your child into mandatory schooling.

you can be all supportive of all natural this and that, but in this system, you have to play by their rules in the case of your child if you want them to succeed, especially if they actually have forms of ADHD

severe forms of mental illness can not simply be cured with vitamins and prayers, at least not in this reality and big pharma system.
nzreva

User ID: 1063963
United States
03/03/2012 10:38 AM

Report Abusive Post
Dr Abram Hoffer talks about Orthomolecular Vitamin therapy to CURE - not 'band aid' many mental health disorders, AA patients & high cholesterol as well as the fact BIG PHARMA don't want you to know this.

In the second video he tells about his close personal friendship with 'Bill W' & their studies on the use of Niacin for AA patients.

[link to video.godlikeproductions.com]

[link to www.youtube.com]

Quoting: miffed_33

bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9757217
United States
03/03/2012 10:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
I get plenty of niacin in my diet. I still need antidepressants. It's obviously not a 100% cure, nor is it a miracle vitamin.
 Quoting: t3h3nd15n34r

so you have not taken any niacin vitamin pills but say it does not work?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10223986
United States
03/03/2012 10:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am 50. In my fathers day and a large part of my time, the cure for depression was...

Buck up son. Get your ass out of bed and pull your god damn weight around here.....or you wont eat.

that will get you "moving"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4959545
United States
03/03/2012 11:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think I am finally curing my depression by following the way up from down protocol.

I tried sam-e, st johns wort, 5htp, among prescriptions and none worked , or worked for a very short period.

I started Priscilla Slagle M.D.'s protocol about a month ago, and the last few weeks have all been up days. Its the longest I have gone without depression. I am also motivated and feel like doing things. Her protocol is mostly b vitamins and tyrosine and vitamin C.

Here is a link [link to www.thewayup.com]
just scroll down and you will see the protocol, she also has a free ebook.

I hope I keep feeling like this everyday, I feel like I am worth something and that people arent looking at me and judging me. the sky is the limit.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4584794
United States
03/03/2012 11:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
I Googled "wheat and mental disorders". Here is some interesting info:

Wheat and Serious Mental Illness | Psychology Today
www.psychologytoday.com/blog/.../wheat-and-serious-mental-ill​nessAug 16, 2011 – Odd wheat immune reactions are found in folks with bipolar disorder. By Emily Deans, M.D. ...
Evolutionary Psychiatry: More on Wheat and Serious Mental Illness
evolutionarypsychiatry.blogspot.com/.../more-on-wheat-an...

by Emily Deans · More by Emily Deans
Feb 22, 2011 – More on Wheat and Serious Mental Illness. All right. Tuesday. Yesterday at noon local time a big earthquake hit Christchurch, and all of our ...
Can Eating Wheat Cause Psychiatric Problems?
articles.mercola.com/.../can-eating-this-common-grain-cause-p​sychiat...Jul 4, 2011 – One mechanism that can help explain the mysterious connection between wheat and mental health problems is the fact that wheat inhibits ...
Mental Symptoms of "Wheat Allergy" - Alternative Mental Health
www.alternativementalhealth.com/articles/wheat.htmSend this article to a friend. Mental Symptoms of "Wheat Allergy" (Celiac Disease ) by Sheryl Tingley (Note: The following list of symptoms was compiled from a ...
BRAIN ALLERGIES - Alternative Mental Health
www.alternativementalhealth.com/articles/brainallergies.htmTh​ese studies are prime examples of how problems created by allergies often produce a multitude of physical and mental symptoms and affect many body ...
Gluten-brain connection
drkaslow.com/html/gluten-brain_connection_.htmlThe Celiac Disease of Mental Illness. (derived in large part from a lecture James V. Croxton, M.A. summer 2002). Although often referred to as "wheat allergy," ...
Wheat and serious mental illness - RethinkTalk
www.rethink.org/.../4152-wheat-and-serious-mental... - United KingdomAug 17, 2011 – Not too long ago I wrote an article on the possible links between wheat and schizophrenia. It turns out that intrepid investigators have been ...
Mental Illness or Allergy? - A WholeApproach.com Newsletter
www.wholeapproach.com/newsletter/pop200304.htmlBrain allergy or ecological mental illness is a general term used to describe any .... more frequent in countries where wheat, rye or barley are commonly used.
nzreva

User ID: 1063963
United States
03/03/2012 11:52 AM

Report Abusive Post
I think I am finally curing my depression by following the way up from down protocol.

I tried sam-e, st johns wort, 5htp, among prescriptions and none worked , or worked for a very short period.

I started Priscilla Slagle M.D.'s protocol about a month ago, and the last few weeks have all been up days. Its the longest I have gone without depression. I am also motivated and feel like doing things. Her protocol is mostly b vitamins and tyrosine and vitamin C.

Here is a link [link to www.thewayup.com]
just scroll down and you will see the protocol, she also has a free ebook.

I hope I keep feeling like this everyday, I feel like I am worth something and that people arent looking at me and judging me. the sky is the limit.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4959545

I have not been depressed since my teen years, and my diet was junk food and staying up late and never getting enough sleep. My adult life I have always had vit b in my diet, I don't get depressed and for the last 12 years have included Brewers nutritional yeast in my diet. I have not been depressed in my adult life, tired yes, sad or upset for good reasons, but not depressed. I also have wheat and milk intolerance. Don't eat them at all.

Last Edited by NZREva on 03/03/2012 11:54 AM

User ID: 11438326
United States
03/03/2012 12:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good info that needs to get out.

ty op hf
Spirituality is the opposite of religion, religion is a substitute for spirituality. Spirituality is a direct connection to Creator The Most high.

Anyone who inflicts pain on others will suffer themself from that pain.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6243772
United States
03/03/2012 12:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks Op,outstanding info.

clappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2134890
Sweden
03/03/2012 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've seen this before and I must say that there must be put an end to big pharma once and for all. It's getting out of hand.

I myself take forced prescribed drugs and I'm sick of it. I'm really so tired of neuroleptics.
 Quoting: Megas Alexandros

Forced prescription drugs? Can you elaborate to us how this works?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2134890
Sweden
03/03/2012 04:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Dr Abram Hoffer talks about Orthomolecular Vitamin therapy to CURE - not 'band aid' many mental health disorders
 Quoting: miffed_33

lol vitamins he is a vitamin seller hahahaha
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11475650

you're not allowed to sell something you researched, proven, and believe in?
Pa resident1

User ID: 10641508
United States
03/03/2012 04:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Many deficiencies can cause depression. Lithium defieciency one of them. Another thing linked to depression and brain problems is an iodine deficiency. However no one seems to test any adult or child if they are diagnosed with depression or adhd for any type of deficiency. They just hand out their toxic drugs to try to correct the problem which most of the time does not work.

Good thread OP.

many bumps
"When you don't keep your word, you lose credibility and trustworthy friends"
MONSTER

User ID: 2122560
United States
03/03/2012 04:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is why the Big Drug companies want to take vitamins away from the public. With all their Billions of $ it will be a sad day, but they will
KINGDOMS, NATIONS AND KINGS HAVE BEEN BROUGHT DOWN TO THEIR KNEES WITH ONE GLANCE FROM A WOMAN.

I WEAR MY SKIN OF ARMOR SO NO ONE CAN GET IN AND NO ONE CAN GET OUT.

HOW CAN I MOURN YOU, WHEN I HAVE NEVER LET YOU GO, monster 1991-2008 RIP
miffed_33  (OP)

User ID: 11770089
Australia
03/03/2012 04:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you to the person who pinned this again!! There have been alot of terrific contributions to this thread hf

GLP