User ID: 2404633
United States
03/20/2012 08:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Detroit
"Dire finances leave Detroit stalled"

[link to www.washingtontimes.com]

This is not going to end well. The comments to the article are awesome. There hasn't been one Republican elected to public office in 40 years. Detroit is what we can expect to happen to the rest of America under Democrat rule.
One of the comments is a great idea. If you taking welfare or government assistance you suspend your right to vote. That way you can't vote for whoever promises to give you more.ohappy
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12828966
United States
03/20/2012 08:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Detroit
SORRY, WRONG! I grew up there. It was the Corps seeking to line their Executives pockets by moving the factories south first then Mexico and now China. If anything it was the Corporacrats that include both parties. NAFTA and our so called FREE TRADE agreements that only helped the Corporate Leaders of both countries and SCREWED the rest!!!!
RayGun  (OP)

User ID: 2404633
United States
03/20/2012 09:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Detroit
SORRY, WRONG! I grew up there. It was the Corps seeking to line their Executives pockets by moving the factories south first then Mexico and now China. If anything it was the Corporacrats that include both parties. NAFTA and our so called FREE TRADE agreements that only helped the Corporate Leaders of both countries and SCREWED the rest!!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12828966

Detroit was on the decline before free trade. I moved away from the Detroit area in September. Free trade is the root of our economic downturn for sure. So I agree with you for the most part. Corruption just sped the declining process in Detroit. Our future doesn't look so bright. burnit

GLP