Bible contradiction proof + Citations

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1313099
United States
03/22/2012 11:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Bible contradiction proof + Citations
i can see that the facts that i am bringing to this thread are being completely ignored.
 Quoting: Salt

things can change/are changing; 'God' isn't a static entity

is that what you are stating ??
 Quoting: Ghréasaí 2

no.
what i am stating is that OPs video is completely false, i have refuted the content within the video showing that it is false, and it is being ignored.

You bring into question 3 parts of the vid, yet there is a shit load more to debunk. Go ahead, we're waiting.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4585656

it was four points, not three. be glad to debunk the rest. can't tonight, but will have it all posted by tomorrow.

every single point in the video is false.

and thanks for the red karma, btw.
Ohwell

User ID: 1130828
United Kingdom
03/22/2012 11:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm on my 8th time through the Bible cover to cover and I am 100% convinced it has all the information God wants me to know. and it is inerrant in original autographs -- divinely inspired. the Bible I have right here is exactly what God intended me to have and I do believe it is the Truth -- God's Word.

I no longer judge the Bible, I yield and let the Bible judge ME.

the Bible is the story of God reaching out to His fallen creation by coming to earth as a man -- Jesus Christ -- and dying a substitutionary death so we can live forever with Him. Jesus rose from the grave and Belief in His death burial and resurrection as atonement for our sins and payment for eternal life is the greatest story ever told.

as for people's behavior Christianity teaches we are saved by how we BELIEVE not how we BEHAVE. when we are born again by believing in Jesus we receive His Holy Spirit inside us as a guarantee and a down payment -- we enter the POSITION of eternal life not based on our PERFORMANCE -- but via Christ's finished work on the cross

though our sins be as scarlet they are rendered white as snow. this is the hilariously good news of the gospel op!!

there are no and-ya-gottas. we enter the covenant God established when we believe in Jesus. every false religion has other requirements and stipulations and a little research shows no two people are in full agreement on exactly what performances need to be accomplished, or what sins to be avoided etc.

as far as challenging passages go God has an explanation and I believe He will explain everything in my first 5 minutes of forever with Him. He is a just God and every mouth will be stopped. we are without excuse.

and the things of God are foolishness to the unbeliever as they are spiritually discerned. without the Holy Spirit we cannot grasp what God has done, is doing, and what He is going to do. but regardless He is faithful to His Word it will not return to Him void. He has performed it all through history as the Bible shows -- He is performing it, and the prophetic passages will be performed.

there is fremendous joy and peace in finally surrendering to God and taking Him at His Word my friend.

love rb
 Quoting: rb 897059

----------------------------------------
I'm on my 8th time through the Bible cover to cover and I am 100% convinced it has all the information God wants me to know.
-------------------------
100% convinced is not good enough. There are those who are 100% the opposite. What good is the info when you don't have the understanding.
-----------------------------
and it is inerrant in original autographs -- divinely inspired. the Bible I have right here is exactly what God intended me to have and I do believe it is the Truth -- God's Word.

---------------------------
What you hold is not the originals. YOu are holding copies and copies of copies. And those copies contain errors. Quite a few. Therefore it is not a perfect book as you believe. Beliefs mean nothing. Beliefs are just thoughts in the mind. I once thought my leg was broken and went to the emergency room once. The doctor said the leg was sprained and not broken even though I believed it was.

-----------------------------
the Bible is the story of God reaching out to His fallen creation by coming to earth as a man -- Jesus Christ -- and dying a substitutionary death so we can live forever with Him. Jesus rose from the grave and Belief in His death burial and resurrection as atonement for our sins and payment for eternal life is the greatest story ever told.

--------------------------------------
Your beliefs and knowledge are not your own but borrowed. You are just echoing what they taught you in Sunday school and from the pulpit. How can a God who is perfect create a world which is imperfect? Your Gods love is conditional.Love is unconditional. His conditional love is if you don't accept or believe-- you end up in hell for eternity. That is not love. You sound like a puppet.

-----------------------

there is fremendous joy and peace in finally surrendering to God and taking Him at His Word my friend.

----------------------------------
Christians have not surrendered as you claim. If you sin than you haven't surrendered. Do you trust God fully??? Let's be real. You don't. You doubt. All Christians I know do and I personally know those with Phd's in theology. I also took graduate courses so you are preaching to the choir here. Christians worry and complain just like the unbelievers.

-------------------
and the things of God are foolishness to the unbeliever as they are spiritually discerned.

---------------------------

What is foolishness is that you claim to have the Holy Spirit yet look at the 1000's of different denominations and churches.You all are not even in agreement with anything. Christians believe in the trinity. You have those that don't believe Jesus is God based on the Bible. You have the Christians that believe in the rapture. Those that think it is a false doctrine. You have Jesus returning pre trib, mid trib, post trib and those that believe that Jesus came in 70 ad and the Great trib is a past event. Get it together. Sounds chaotic to me.

--------------------

as far as challenging passages go God has an explanation and I believe He will explain everything in my first 5 minutes of forever with Him. He is a just God and every mouth will be stopped. we are without excuse.

---------------------------------
If you believe He will explain everything in 5 minutes then you are deceived.Time is a mental and man made concept. There is no time in life. Time exists in the mind only. There is no time in your heaven you claim to exist. A God that sends billions to hell is not a just God. When man is born into sin than he is not responsible. Is a dog to be condemned because he barks? THe dog can't help it. So man ( according to your beliefs) is born in sin. So why is your just God sending people to hell? IS that love? Sorry - you do have an excuse. Your God is to be blamed.Also there are Christians that don't believe the doctrine of hell.
 Quoting: mrsnacks 10616946

Mrsnacks, we should be friends. I love your reasoning. Precisely the same reasoning and conclusions I came to about teachings of the bible.

A simple and honest statement of "we dont have all the answers" is better than all this fighting. He that knows nothing is better than he whose life is full of falsehoods and half truths. There are just too many things a rational mind wont accept to be factual.

Last Edited by Ohwell on 03/22/2012 11:17 PM
Soliloquy

User ID: 1055452
United States
03/22/2012 11:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
the bible is little more than a starter's manual for those who needed it

moving forward with the truths there is the privilage to explore all around us

and everything is not in the bible, but the road map is, even if it is torn
If it's a circle peg, into a square hole... bang harder. Sometimes in order for the blind to see, one who takes no sides has to wedge themselves right in the middle of all sides.

To whom it may concern; You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile, posts, and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student, or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this account are private and legally privileged and confidential information meant only for the ones to whom any correspondence was proffered to, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12623026
United States
03/22/2012 11:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

things can change/are changing; 'God' isn't a static entity

is that what you are stating ??
 Quoting: Ghréasaí 2

no.
what i am stating is that OPs video is completely false, i have refuted the content within the video showing that it is false, and it is being ignored.

You bring into question 3 parts of the vid, yet there is a shit load more to debunk. Go ahead, we're waiting.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4585656

it was four points, not three. be glad to debunk the rest. can't tonight, but will have it all posted by tomorrow.

every single point in the video is false.

and thanks for the red karma, btw.

Well done Salt , God-speed :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12406416
United States
03/22/2012 11:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
What a wonderful thread

Plenty of anti-Christian bigotry

Plenty of quazi-Christian defensiveness

Plenty of immature interpretations of the Bible's content from both "sides" of the "argument"

Plenty of cognitive bias to go around

Most of all, plenty of "experts" on both "sides" making "conclusive" statements about vague or subjective concepts

It's kind of crazy what people put effort into sometimes, considering all the things they don't put any effort into

You all probably need to lighten up a little
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12406416

self bump for party pooping
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7057750
United States
03/23/2012 05:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

You're right I'm not 100% neutral. I believe that faith is in general a bad thing. Why? Because faith without evidence means that you can be led and manipulated any which way the manipulator wants. I've fallen into that trap before and would prefer not to fall into it again. Therefore I will never ever be a part of any religion ever because there is no way I'm just going to take their word for it at face value.

You can sit there and tell me all you want about what you believe Christianity and religion is. But that means nothing to me. I wil observe religious people and see what it is they ACTUALLY believe. I'll carve my own path, my days of being led ended a long, long time ago.
 Quoting: Reiz

But you have faith in all your other beliefs that you mentioned ? Weird . Also , you don't need to get involved with any people to be a Christian , I am not a member of any Church because the Churches do not teach what they should and are apostate . All you need is the Word and a relationship with God and of course to get born-again of the Spirit above . I think the Commandments scare a lot of people too and that is the main reason why they rail against Christianity and the Bible , they are afraid of having to change their lives , change scares a lot of people .
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12623026

Well yeah basically. If I were to give a very rough estimate based on my own observations I'd say there's about a 75-25 split between the people who are just [insert religion here] because it makes them feel superior to others and gives them a sense of self confidence and the people who are truly the goodness that they talk about. And its a spectrum thing so I'm not saying that is just those two groups. However it does seem very slanted in the persecutory, hateful, gay bashing, woman owning direction.

Because of that I have the belief that if you actually call yourself a [insert belief here] ten you're probably not a real one. And if you are a real one, you should stop calling yourself that label because you would probably not want to associate yourself with those people anyways.

That's why these videos and this discussion is here. The christians acted out in them are the types of christians that are just there to feel superior.
 Quoting: Reiz

Or maybe it shows that they are very passionate about their beliefs and don't like seeing people lie and slander them .
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12623026

slander ????

so it's all about the money then....

GLP