Bible contradiction proof + Citations

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12623026
United States
03/22/2012 04:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Bible contradiction proof + Citations
What's really amusing is how smart you militant Atheists think you really are when in fact you are the real fools of this World . Id say the look on your faces soon will be quite sublime . lol
MyFather'sChild
User ID: 1371470
United States
03/22/2012 04:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
I got this video sent to me and thought it was hilarious and probably true. I personally do not own a bible and so cannot check the citations that run along the bottom of the screen but hey if you do I'd love to hear the results.

Yeah I'm still labeling this thread as "proof" because religions in general contradict themselves all the time. Like... talking a lot about love except hating all those who disagree with them so it would not surprise me at all to find that the Bible which was patched together over something like 3000-5000 years by something like 50-100 different authors would have more than a few contradictions. That's just logical.

Bring on the bad karma, judging people on this site based on a little coloured bar in the corner is just plain ludicrous anyways.
 Quoting: Reiz

Why are the ignorant so bold to decry what they do not understand. Yet you understand warfare? Odd, you are still responsible for your soul....like it or not.

For the record, the Christian God's definition of religion is something even you can understand and comprehend;

Do any of you think you are religious? If you do not control your tongue, your religion is worthless and you deceive yourself. What God the Father considers to be pure and genuine religion is this: to take care of orphans and widows in their suffering and to keep oneself from being corrupted by the world.
(James 1:26-27)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1314013
United States
03/22/2012 04:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
So tired of this atheist bull crap...................

:Athiestism:
 Quoting: Chop's

Makes about as much sense as this: [link to www.demotivationalposters.org]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12978321

^^^
THIS! LOL
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2386473
United States
03/22/2012 04:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
I love threads like this. They get everyone so riled up and then their true beliefs and values come out instead of just the words they speak. You can really tell what type of person someone is when you get them mad.

So that's your excuse? Humans being humans?

I'll bet on the day of judgement when God asks you why you never repented, you'll say "Because Joe Christian was stupid, immature, emotional, a hypocrite and flew off the handle every time I mocked You!".

Yeah...that'll fly.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 992437

Why would God have to ask anybody anything when he can supposedly see into the hearts and minds of everyone! So wouldnt he already know why? God is gonna call you into his office and ask you why you never believed in him? LMAO @ the very notion!!!
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 04:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
So now I have to wonder if all the people down rating this thread are more evidence that a believer only accept things about their beliefs that make them look good and then damn everything that makes them look bad even if both sides of the coin are true. Again, this behavior would be very predictable from the faithful as their belief system is there to give them a sense of self confidence and often little more. So anything that threatens that self confidence must be bad and must be eliminated and treated as the enemy. Although this is in general and exists on a spectrum, as some do indeed try to embody those good qualities as opposed to just talking about them.

I mean I'm not a professional licensed psychologist or anything but hey observations are observations and data is data and patterns are patterns.

It's not really a matter of appearances.

I couldn't care less what you think of me because I believe what the bible says and I believe in JESUS.

From what I can tell, the entire purpose of this thread is to try to make Christians look bad,(and it's a fail.)

There are things that seem to be contradictions, but as a person presses on and studies prayerfully, it comes together.

I know that you don't believe that because you've never done it... as you stated in the original message, (you don't own a bible.)

Perhaps before you make unfounded accusations you would do well to seek and search it out for yourself. It's not just a matter of reading it, it's a heart matter...that's all I will say on that.

Jesus said this:

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1553081

I've been doing my searching. That's how I've come to the conclusion that there's only a scant few real christians out there who actually practice teh teachings. The rest just want to feel special and they're the problem. And of course it becomes a bigger problem for everyone when there's confusion about what christianity actually is. If the majority of alleged christians are just the douchebags who want to feel special then all of christianity gets viewed that way. So basically what I've been doing is making observations of people to see what they're really like and what they really believe. And so far I've found that only a scant few "christians" actually are real christians. Same goes for other belief systems. This assumes that a real christian or whatever truly wants goodness for all and all that nice stuff.

So far however most of the christian responses to this thread come from christians who are only christians in name only. Its just more observational data for me and that's all.

How is one a "false christian"? If someone believes in Christ, and believes they are saved by grace through faith, then their faith is what makes them christian, not the works, or lack thereof.
 Quoting: Evan03

Really ?

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity .

Kinda contradicts these verses , eh ? Its talking about those who call themselves Christians .
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1379944
United States
Report Abusive Post
What's really amusing is how smart you militant Atheists think you really are when in fact you are the real fools of this World . Id say the look on your faces soon will be quite sublime . lol
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12623026

what's amusing is how you christian idiots proclaim to be religious yet don't practice all the bunk you preach.

Case in point... this post of yours. Didn't your Jesus say judge not lest ye be judged?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12750128
United States
Report Abusive Post
since i have dealt with suppossed contradictions in the scripture, not one of them changes the message from the beginning, the very beginning, and those citing them don't understand either the original language or are just plain stupid...like the accounts of Paul and the first vision, look it up in the original and no contradiction...

Consider

The first word of scripture in the bible.

Translated In the Beginning / Bet Resh Aleph Shin Yod Tav

Bet the first letter in Hebrew, means a house

Since a house is something you go into, when Bet prefixes a word it means "in"

The first and second letter of Scripture Bet Resh = Son - like as in Bar Mitzah

First three Bet Resh Aleph = Created Formed

In the beginning House Son Created

the last letter of the first three/ aleph and the first letter of the second Shin spells out the word for "Gift

the Yod is a Hand, with a peg - nail

Shin Yod Tav spells out the word Appointed.

First word of Scripture

In the Beginning house Son Created, Gift hand nailed appointed.

this here is also amazing the last letter of first Three is the First letter of the Hebrew alphabet, the last letter of the second is the last letter of the alphabet

The Aleph - Tav

Bereish't bara Elohiym ET

The Most High has preserved His Word

and the blind still lead the blind
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12750128

i missed mentioning the last letter in the first word Tav, in paleo Hebrew was shaped like a cross

In the Beginning House Son Created Gift Hand/nailed Cross appointed
Ohwell

User ID: 1130828
United Kingdom
03/22/2012 05:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Fact: Man fails to grasp spiritual matters and takes things out of context to excuse his sinful nature.

Any Christian who can not see the fulfillment of Bible Prophesies during these days we are living in, hasn't really read a Bible in their lives.

As for the rest, of course they are going to reject God's Command to Repent of their sins and ridicule any suggestion that they do so.

Your soul, your loss!
 Quoting: TCS

Every generation since the dawn of religion has felt that THEY are living in the end times! Its human nature! Every generation can look at occurrences in the world at that time and say this is what the Bible is talking about so everyone must repent and blah blah blah!! Im sure the end times will eventually come but it wont have a thing to do with the Bible!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2386473

Is that your finale excuse NOT to repent?

You reject God's Way of Salvation at your own peril

2 Peter 3:4
 Quoting: TCS 11828450

Natural cycles have remained consistent. The earth rotates and revolves around the sun or whatever without any further inducements by the creator. Yet he created flawed humans. Have you thought about the magnificence of nature and for how impossible for a creator, if there is one, that did such wonders to be incapable of making such erroneous mistakes on humans as your bible states? Only an impostor wants to fill that role.
Kayak Pulling Kayak

User ID: 1544142
United States
Report Abusive Post
Great video OP

so where are the bibletards today

I would love to hear someone explain why their bible is full of holes and contradictions

I know the answer

because the book is from man not god

I know its hard to admit that your religion is a lie, everything you've been told your whole life is a lie

Don't upset yourself

get over the lie and move on
Doom on!
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post

I couldn't care less what you think of me because I believe what the bible says and I believe in JESUS.

From what I can tell, the entire purpose of this thread is to try to make Christians look bad,(and it's a fail.)

There are things that seem to be contradictions, but as a person presses on and studies prayerfully, it comes together.

I know that you don't believe that because you've never done it... as you stated in the original message, (you don't own a bible.)

Perhaps before you make unfounded accusations you would do well to seek and search it out for yourself. It's not just a matter of reading it, it's a heart matter...that's all I will say on that.

Jesus said this:

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I've been doing my searching. That's how I've come to the conclusion that there's only a scant few real christians out there who actually practice teh teachings. The rest just want to feel special and they're the problem. And of course it becomes a bigger problem for everyone when there's confusion about what christianity actually is. If the majority of alleged christians are just the douchebags who want to feel special then all of christianity gets viewed that way. So basically what I've been doing is making observations of people to see what they're really like and what they really believe. And so far I've found that only a scant few "christians" actually are real christians. Same goes for other belief systems. This assumes that a real christian or whatever truly wants goodness for all and all that nice stuff.

So far however most of the christian responses to this thread come from christians who are only christians in name only. Its just more observational data for me and that's all.

How is one a "false christian"? If someone believes in Christ, and believes they are saved by grace through faith, then their faith is what makes them christian, not the works, or lack thereof.

Really ?

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity .

Kinda contradicts these verses , eh ? Its talking about those who call themselves Christians .

James 2:14-26

New King James Version
Faith Without Works Is Dead

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2386473
United States
03/22/2012 05:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

I very highly doubt it!! Thing is that if there really is a God he is gonna judge people on their hearts and how they lived their lives. The way yuo put it is if I lead an exemplary life and do great good but dont acknowledge him, I will burn in Hell but a child molester who repents will be accepted into Heaven?! Thats some fucked up twisted shit right there!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1550737
United States
Report Abusive Post
OP, where are these videos originally posted? They are hillarious!
Evan03

User ID: 9873825
United States
Report Abusive Post

Jesus said this:

Really ?

Well, there are christians who believe we are saved by faith alone, and some who think faith is dead without works....so I guess if you are a faith is dead without works christian, there is room for false christians.

Maybe that is what OP meant.
Life is tough, but its tougher when you're stupid. -john wayne

Truth is the new hate speech in our age of absurdity-Ted Nougat

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupid.
Magicfeather

User ID: 1570745
United Kingdom
03/22/2012 05:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

God tests his people all the time to see who is obedient to his Word and who truly loves him .

James 1:12 "God blesses those who Patiently Endure TESTING and TEMPTATION. Afterward they will receive the CROWN OF LIFE that God has promised to those who love Him."

You didnt answer my question.

How come he couldn't stop them? Perhaps he allowed it?

On one hand you blame the catholic church and say everything is perfect except for what they did and then again you say its a test by god.

Here's your quote:

No its not . There are contradictions in the Bible because the Catholic Church put in writings that did not belong in there(Paul , the false Prophets writings) . Take him out and the Word flows like it should . FAIL OP , Try harder !

The video of OP kind of illustrates your thinking pattern.
 Quoting: Ohwell

The Almighty Creator of the Universe could not stop them ? lol please , don't be silly ! In the OT , there is a story that the book of the Law was lost for a whole generation and God could have easily told one of the Prophets about it but he didn't because it is our duty and responsibility to guard and test the Word . And what I said did not contradict itself , why can't it be both ?

So the addition of Paul's part by the catholic church makes the bible somewhat incomplete and contradictory but an incomplete/contradictory bible was allowed by god but yet remain a test even though the bible isnt complete? Is that what you are saying? Yet you state that if you take Paul's part out that the bible flows. So where is the test here and who is being contradictory beyond the contradictory level of the bible?

And god allowed this?

===

Shamefull Idiots !! the whole lot of you! Judging God by the human condition you see in and around yous!!
He Loves you so much that he died for you. In turn He also loves you so much He will let you walk right into hell! It is your choice, and He would never take that away from you..NEVER!!

Prais God !
Romans 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
Heb 1:3 who being the shining splendor of His glory, and the express image of His essence, and upholding all things by the Word of His power, having made purification of our sins through Himself, He sat down on the right of the Majesty on high, Psa. 110:1
MyFather'sChild
User ID: 1371470
United States
Report Abusive Post
I love threads like this. They get everyone so riled up and then their true beliefs and values come out instead of just the words they speak. You can really tell what type of person someone is when you get them mad.

I'll bet on the day of judgement when God asks you why you never repented, you'll say "Because Joe Christian was stupid, immature, emotional, a hypocrite and flew off the handle every time I mocked You!".

Yeah...that'll fly.

Why would God have to ask anybody anything when he can supposedly see into the hearts and minds of everyone! So wouldnt he already know why? God is gonna call you into his office and ask you why you never believed in him? LMAO @ the very notion!!!

Really want to watch an auto race while knowing the winner? What to invest time into a football game knowing the winner?

Because someone can fly an airplane, must they?

User ID: 610727
Australia
Report Abusive Post
So tired of this atheist bull crap...................

:Athiestism:
 Quoting: Chop's

Atheism: The lack of belief.

Fixed that for you.

EDIT: I just realised I better explain this a bit more for your small mind.

What your picture describes is the Big Bang Theory (not the TV show). You'll be surprised to know that some Christians subscribe to this theory. They think it fits in just fine with their faith - their theism.

But not all Christians. And not all atheists are okay with it either - just ignorant ones who trust whatever the mainstream tells them.

I don't believe in a deity, and I also don't give any credit to Big Bang.

Are you going to take this on board and learn something or just continue to be ignorant? WWJD?

Last Edited by 13.0.0.0.0 on 03/22/2012 05:09 PM
Be aware of what you KNOW and what you BELIEVE. Don't ever let what you believe block the path of knowledge, for knowledge is truth. Belief is a temporary crutch at best, and crutches are for disabled people.
Ohwell

United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post

Yeah...that'll fly.

Only an impostor who cant see shit wants to do all that.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 05:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah...that'll fly.

Really want to watch an auto race while knowing the winner? What to invest time into a football game knowing the winner?

Because someone can fly an airplane, must they?
 Quoting: MyFather'sChild 1371470

Fuck yes I do.... I'd be in Vegas raking in millions.

5a
Ohwell

United Kingdom
03/22/2012 05:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

You didnt answer my question.

How come he couldn't stop them? Perhaps he allowed it?

On one hand you blame the catholic church and say everything is perfect except for what they did and then again you say its a test by god.

Here's your quote:

The video of OP kind of illustrates your thinking pattern.

The Almighty Creator of the Universe could not stop them ? lol please , don't be silly ! In the OT , there is a story that the book of the Law was lost for a whole generation and God could have easily told one of the Prophets about it but he didn't because it is our duty and responsibility to guard and test the Word . And what I said did not contradict itself , why can't it be both ?

So the addition of Paul's part by the catholic church makes the bible somewhat incomplete and contradictory but an incomplete/contradictory bible was allowed by god but yet remain a test even though the bible isnt complete? Is that what you are saying? Yet you state that if you take Paul's part out that the bible flows. So where is the test here and who is being contradictory beyond the contradictory level of the bible?

And god allowed this?

===

Shamefull Idiots !! the whole lot of you! Judging God by the human condition you see in and around yous!!
He Loves you so much that he died for you. In turn He also loves you so much He will let you walk right into hell! It is your choice, and He would never take that away from you..NEVER!!

Prais God !
 Quoting: Magicfeather

It is in fact the human characteristics displayed through history in the final production/presentation such as the many changes that occured in it that make us not believe. How could an omnipresent/omniscient god for instance be spontaneous.I think you are getting it the wrong way. LOL!!!

Last Edited by Ohwell on 03/22/2012 05:06 PM
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 05:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

what's amusing is how you christian idiots proclaim to be religious yet don't practice all the bunk you preach.

Case in point... this post of yours. Didn't your Jesus say judge not lest ye be judged?
 Quoting: Roentgen®

It's also amusing how none of you can apply the Word in the right context . That is talking about hypocritical Judgement .

So watch yourselves. "If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him." Luke 17:3
Reiz  (OP)

User ID: 1558128
Canada
03/22/2012 05:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP, where are these videos originally posted? They are hillarious!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1550737

They're posted on youtube, done by this guy: [link to www.youtube.com]
Warning, spirits, aliens, and humans are prophetically impaired:

[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
Evan03

United States
03/22/2012 05:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

And god allowed this?

===

Prais God !

It is in fact the human characteristics displayed through history in the final production/presentation such as the many changes that occured in it that make us not believe. How could an omnipresent/omniscient god for instance be spontaneous.I think you are getting it the wrong way. LOL!!!

Why can't he? Why do you put limitations on God?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1553081
United States
03/22/2012 05:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
So now I have to wonder if all the people down rating this thread are more evidence that a believer only accept things about their beliefs that make them look good and then damn everything that makes them look bad even if both sides of the coin are true. Again, this behavior would be very predictable from the faithful as their belief system is there to give them a sense of self confidence and often little more. So anything that threatens that self confidence must be bad and must be eliminated and treated as the enemy. Although this is in general and exists on a spectrum, as some do indeed try to embody those good qualities as opposed to just talking about them.

I mean I'm not a professional licensed psychologist or anything but hey observations are observations and data is data and patterns are patterns.

Jesus said this:

I spent so many years looking at the overall attitude of Christians that I didn't want any part of Christianity. I justified my turning away based on the things I saw Christians do or say, and never bothered to examine my own ways. If I had I would have realized long ago that I had no right to make such judgments because I myself am imperfect.

But I do trust that Jesus is faithful to finish the good work that HE has started in me.

We all fail in one way or another....(myself...I believe I've failed more often than most.) I learned to consider my own shortcomings when I want to point the finger at other believers. As far as applying the word to my life, I still fall short, but I do try, and I won't give up. As the bible says, "Be doers of the word and not hearers only deceiving your own selves."

Don't turn away because of what others are doing, and don't deny yourself the opportunity to know Jesus.
It's a poor excuse when you really think about it, and I tell you that from my own personal experience.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 05:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

It's also amusing how none of you can apply the Word in the right context . That is talking about hypocritical Judgement .

So watch yourselves. "If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him." Luke 17:3

wait.. why are you even here? shouldn't you be out slaughtering believers of other religions and such?

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

you've got a lot of work to do buddy... get to it! Your God commands it.

And before you start in with the "when jesus came the old testament was no longer to be followed" bullshit...

Jesus: “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.“ (Matthew 5:17)
Ohwell

United Kingdom
03/22/2012 05:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Great video OP

so where are the bibletards today

I would love to hear someone explain why their bible is full of holes and contradictions

I know the answer

because the book is from man not god

I know its hard to admit that your religion is a lie, everything you've been told your whole life is a lie

Don't upset yourself

get over the lie and move on
 Quoting: Kayak Pulling Kayak

You are correct but If you are aware of the Sumerian texts, you will perhaps know that it is in fact a work of some being (an ET). There are contradictions cause throughout history, he changed and moulded the book to fit into his agenda of controlling and dumbing down the human populace. There were many other players and this is why some of his characteristics dont match.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 05:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

And god allowed this?

===

Prais God !

Speaking of limitations...

Riddle me this: Can "god" create a rock so heavy that he cannot lift it?
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 05:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

Really ?

Well, there are christians who believe we are saved by faith alone, and some who think faith is dead without works....so I guess if you are a faith is dead without works christian, there is room for false christians.

Yeah , I'll show you the real meaning of iniquity too .

anomia: lawlessness
Original Word: ἀνομία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: anomia
Phonetic Spelling: (an-om-ee'-ah)
Short Definition: lawlessness, iniquity
Definition: lawlessness, iniquity, disobedience, sin.

There is only one Law and that Law is the Law of Moses .
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12619876
United States
03/22/2012 05:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
the bible is not for the masses
Evan03

United States
03/22/2012 05:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

Really ?

Yeah , I'll show you the real meaning of iniquity too .

anomia: lawlessness
Original Word: ἀνομία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: anomia
Phonetic Spelling: (an-om-ee'-ah)
Short Definition: lawlessness, iniquity
Definition: lawlessness, iniquity, disobedience, sin.

There is only one Law and that Law is the Law of Moses .

That's cool...I just disagree is all.

:)

Evan03

United States
03/22/2012 05:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

===

Prais God !

Speaking of limitations...

Riddle me this: Can "god" create a rock so heavy that he cannot lift it?

I dunno, when I meet him i'll ask him.

:)

GLP