User ID: 9873825
United States
03/22/2012 05:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Bible contradiction proof + Citations
Great video OP

so where are the bibletards today

I would love to hear someone explain why their bible is full of holes and contradictions

I know the answer

because the book is from man not god

I know its hard to admit that your religion is a lie, everything you've been told your whole life is a lie

Don't upset yourself

get over the lie and move on
 Quoting: Kayak Pulling Kayak

You are correct but If you are aware of the Sumerian texts, you will perhaps know that it is in fact a work of some being (an ET). There are contradictions cause throughout history, he changed and moulded the book to fit into his agenda of controlling and dumbing down the human populace. There were many other players and this is why some of his characteristics dont match.
 Quoting: Ohwell

I always love when people mock someones beliefs...then has an equally outlandish belief.

I mean, I don't care what you believe...whatever floats your boat. But if you believe all that alien jazz maybe you shouldn't judge others beliefs

Last Edited by Evan03 on 03/22/2012 05:16 PM
Life is tough, but its tougher when you're stupid. -john wayne

Truth is the new hate speech in our age of absurdity-Ted Nougat

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupid.
Ohwell

User ID: 1130828
United Kingdom
03/22/2012 05:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

So the addition of Paul's part by the catholic church makes the bible somewhat incomplete and contradictory but an incomplete/contradictory bible was allowed by god but yet remain a test even though the bible isnt complete? Is that what you are saying? Yet you state that if you take Paul's part out that the bible flows. So where is the test here and who is being contradictory beyond the contradictory level of the bible?

And god allowed this?

===

Shamefull Idiots !! the whole lot of you! Judging God by the human condition you see in and around yous!!
He Loves you so much that he died for you. In turn He also loves you so much He will let you walk right into hell! It is your choice, and He would never take that away from you..NEVER!!

Prais God !
 Quoting: Magicfeather

It is in fact the human characteristics displayed through history in the final production/presentation such as the many changes that occured in it that make us not believe. How could an omnipresent/omniscient god for instance be spontaneous.I think you are getting it the wrong way. LOL!!!

Why can't he? Why do you put limitations on God?
 Quoting: Evan03

So can you show me god's handwriting when he changed the name of his son to begin iwith a J instead of an I in a space of 70 years between the first edition of the KJV bible and the second. Who actually made this change.

God himself?
Evan03

United States
03/22/2012 05:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

===

Shamefull Idiots !! the whole lot of you! Judging God by the human condition you see in and around yous!!
He Loves you so much that he died for you. In turn He also loves you so much He will let you walk right into hell! It is your choice, and He would never take that away from you..NEVER!!

Prais God !

It is in fact the human characteristics displayed through history in the final production/presentation such as the many changes that occured in it that make us not believe. How could an omnipresent/omniscient god for instance be spontaneous.I think you are getting it the wrong way. LOL!!!

So can you show me god's handwriting when he changed the name of his son to begin iwith a J instead of an I in a space of 70 years between the first edition of the KJV bible and the second. Who actually made this change.

God himself?

That is not at all what I asked...but ok.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1012969
United States
03/22/2012 05:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
To understand the Bible one must feel and live it, not simply read it. I find most people who 'read' the bible are almost always someone trying to justifying their life of sin.

A good example would be someone who goes to school to study constitutional law in order to find loopholes to hopefully someday exploit...

In addition, only those truthfully sorry for their sins will be forgiven. Those who simple 'speak the words', will be cast aside to be forgotten as dust. Those who believe they are gods "chosen people" yet enjoy their life of sin are in for a sad awakening during time of judgement.

Its quite simple. There is no room in heaven nor is there any reward of afterlife if your a scumbag. Twist the words any which way you can, this is just the way it is.

prayers sent for the lost
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12623026
United States
03/22/2012 05:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
What's really amusing is how smart you militant Atheists think you really are when in fact you are the real fools of this World . Id say the look on your faces soon will be quite sublime . lol
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12623026

what's amusing is how you christian idiots proclaim to be religious yet don't practice all the bunk you preach.

Case in point... this post of yours. Didn't your Jesus say judge not lest ye be judged?
 Quoting: Roentgen®

It's also amusing how none of you can apply the Word in the right context . That is talking about hypocritical Judgement .

So watch yourselves. "If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him." Luke 17:3

wait.. why are you even here? shouldn't you be out slaughtering believers of other religions and such?

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

you've got a lot of work to do buddy... get to it! Your God commands it.

And before you start in with the "when jesus came the old testament was no longer to be followed" bullshit...

Jesus: “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.“ (Matthew 5:17)

Wow ! Really ? How about picking the book up and reading it for once ? That is in reference to animal sacrifice . And I am pro-Law so I never take those verse out of context . Yeshua came to fulfill the Law and one way he did that was to annul the judgements so to the second verse you posted , we are not called to do that anymore , God alone will carry out the Judgements at the end of this age .
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 05:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

Really ?

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity .

Kinda contradicts these verses , eh ? Its talking about those who call themselves Christians .

Well, there are christians who believe we are saved by faith alone, and some who think faith is dead without works....so I guess if you are a faith is dead without works christian, there is room for false christians.

Maybe that is what OP meant.

Yeah , I'll show you the real meaning of iniquity too .

anomia: lawlessness
Original Word: ἀνομία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: anomia
Phonetic Spelling: (an-om-ee'-ah)
Short Definition: lawlessness, iniquity
Definition: lawlessness, iniquity, disobedience, sin.

There is only one Law and that Law is the Law of Moses .

That's cool...I just disagree is all.

:)

Ok :)
Reiz  (OP)

User ID: 1558128
Canada
Report Abusive Post
Ah yes now we have people quoting scripture at easch other. Good, perhaps they may find a contradiction this way.... or not.... I don't know.

Well, from what it appears is the definition of christians held by the majority its that they are kind hearted warm people who are more than willing to help their fellow man. So I guess that's the faith through works style. Based on that you can quickly see how many christians are that way. I personally think that the faith alone christians are the genuinely bad half. Why? Because you've given yourself a free ticket to not care about anyone ever if you believe you can be saved simply by believing. Doesn't mean you won't help people, but it far less likely that you will. So to me a "Good Christian" would have to be the faith by works type as they are the ones more likely to say... help you push your car out from a ditch. Also a faith by works might be more tolerant of other belief systems because in their minds it doesn't matter what you believe, you belies shines through in your works. So I think you'd have less religious warfare with genuine faith by works christians than you would with faith alone christians because in their minds if you're not believing in Jesus then you're damned to hell.

Faith alone christians seem far more likely to persecute than a faith by works christian.
Warning, spirits, aliens, and humans are prophetically impaired:

[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
Ohwell

United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post
Great video OP

I would love to hear someone explain why their bible is full of holes and contradictions

I know the answer

I know its hard to admit that your religion is a lie, everything you've been told your whole life is a lie

Don't upset yourself

You are correct but If you are aware of the Sumerian texts, you will perhaps know that it is in fact a work of some being (an ET). There are contradictions cause throughout history, he changed and moulded the book to fit into his agenda of controlling and dumbing down the human populace. There were many other players and this is why some of his characteristics dont match.

I always love when people mock someones beliefs...then has an equally outlandish belief.

I mean, I don't care what you believe...whatever floats your boat. But if you believe all that alien jazz maybe you shouldn't judge others beliefs

Its not some belief. Its a rational conclusion you can come to after examining what happened in history, landmarks, artefacts, writings, data and current affairs. It is not based on faith but real life information.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12970626
Australia
03/22/2012 05:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
I got this video sent to me and thought it was hilarious and probably true. I personally do not own a bible and so cannot check the citations that run along the bottom of the screen but hey if you do I'd love to hear the results.

Yeah I'm still labeling this thread as "proof" because religions in general contradict themselves all the time. Like... talking a lot about love except hating all those who disagree with them so it would not surprise me at all to find that the Bible which was patched together over something like 3000-5000 years by something like 50-100 different authors would have more than a few contradictions. That's just logical.

Bring on the bad karma, judging people on this site based on a little coloured bar in the corner is just plain ludicrous anyways.
 Quoting: Reiz
For some reason it is forbidden to show you idiots that there is no contradictions.You do not read it in context.But we are not allowed to show you because you simply close your mind ears and eyes.
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
Oh yeah , thanks OP for the opportunity to teach a few things , that is God's signature too , bringing good out of bad . God bless you .
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1553081
United States
Report Abusive Post

So now I have to wonder if all the people down rating this thread are more evidence that a believer only accept things about their beliefs that make them look good and then damn everything that makes them look bad even if both sides of the coin are true. Again, this behavior would be very predictable from the faithful as their belief system is there to give them a sense of self confidence and often little more. So anything that threatens that self confidence must be bad and must be eliminated and treated as the enemy. Although this is in general and exists on a spectrum, as some do indeed try to embody those good qualities as opposed to just talking about them.

I mean I'm not a professional licensed psychologist or anything but hey observations are observations and data is data and patterns are patterns.

It's not really a matter of appearances.

I couldn't care less what you think of me because I believe what the bible says and I believe in JESUS.

From what I can tell, the entire purpose of this thread is to try to make Christians look bad,(and it's a fail.)

There are things that seem to be contradictions, but as a person presses on and studies prayerfully, it comes together.

I know that you don't believe that because you've never done it... as you stated in the original message, (you don't own a bible.)

Perhaps before you make unfounded accusations you would do well to seek and search it out for yourself. It's not just a matter of reading it, it's a heart matter...that's all I will say on that.

Jesus said this:

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1553081

I've been doing my searching. That's how I've come to the conclusion that there's only a scant few real christians out there who actually practice teh teachings. The rest just want to feel special and they're the problem. And of course it becomes a bigger problem for everyone when there's confusion about what christianity actually is. If the majority of alleged christians are just the douchebags who want to feel special then all of christianity gets viewed that way. So basically what I've been doing is making observations of people to see what they're really like and what they really believe. And so far I've found that only a scant few "christians" actually are real christians. Same goes for other belief systems. This assumes that a real christian or whatever truly wants goodness for all and all that nice stuff.

So far however most of the christian responses to this thread come from christians who are only christians in name only. Its just more observational data for me and that's all.

I spent so many years looking at the overall attitude of Christians that I didn't want any part of Christianity. I justified my turning away based on the things I saw Christians do or say, and never bothered to examine my own ways. If I had I would have realized long ago that I had no right to make such judgments because I myself am imperfect.

But I do trust that Jesus is faithful to finish the good work that HE has started in me.

We all fail in one way or another....(myself...I believe I've failed more often than most.) I learned to consider my own shortcomings when I want to point the finger at other believers. As far as applying the word to my life, I still fall short, but I do try, and I won't give up. As the bible says, "Be doers of the word and not hearers only deceiving your own selves."

Don't turn away because of what others are doing, and don't deny yourself the opportunity to know Jesus.
It's a poor excuse when you really think about it, and I tell you that from my own personal experience.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1313099
United States
03/22/2012 05:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
fingulas
User ID: 11558207
United States
Report Abusive Post
LOTS of errors here:

1) The Bible is a collection of 20+ ancient documents. In some cases one having little to do with another. If anyone represents this to you as a single book then they're already telling you they haven't a clue. The collection is bound together for ease of access and reference.

2) Old testament = JEWISH history. It is NOT the new testaments. Followers of Jesus do not necessarily believe in Genesis.

3) We're NOT CHRISTENS. Christen is a word outsiders used to label us. We are Disciples of Jesus. Christen is used in the Bible exactly THREE TIMES. Disciple is what Jesus referred to us as. We need to stop referring to ourselves as Christens as it pollutes our identity.

4)The new testament is far older than 1700 years. Anyone who things / believes this is simply wrong. John lived with Mary in his old age and knew / interviewed James (Jesus' brother) among others. Anyone who believes the documents in the Bible are only 1700 years old has been tricked by their lying leftist college professor.

5)Seriously...1700 years? Who the hell is spouting the pseudo intellectual bull-crap to you kids?

6)I've already posted how you have free-will and pre-destiny in your life. Also, how free-will has limits and God ALSO has boundaries. Please do a search as it's a long post. Essentially, "evil" is manifestation of free will and God can't eradicate that without killing who we are. So he's chosen a middle path, free will within bounds. A good engineering solution if ever there was one.

6a)Think about it for a second...you want to create living thinking creatures with free will. Can you eliminate evil? Nope...it's part of the package. God cannot prevent evil acts without destroying mankind...so he doesn't. Be he did send his avatar ("Son") down among us to try and lead us away from our worst behavior.

7)Living in an evolving universe does not preclude it's initial creation by God. Please research starting Entropy as a good place to find arrows pointing straight at a creator / designer.

8) The world can be 4 billion years old and the New Testament still holds fine. We usually get conflict when Disciples of Jesus start taking the Old Testament literally. This is not a good thing to do.
Ohwell

United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post

God himself?

Your god is reactionary. He know's nada. And only changes as society changes. He doesnt know the hearts of men like he claimed to otherwise he would leave things to run its course.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1379944
United States
03/22/2012 05:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

what's amusing is how you christian idiots proclaim to be religious yet don't practice all the bunk you preach.

Case in point... this post of yours. Didn't your Jesus say judge not lest ye be judged?

It's also amusing how none of you can apply the Word in the right context . That is talking about hypocritical Judgement .

So watch yourselves. "If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him." Luke 17:3

wait.. why are you even here? shouldn't you be out slaughtering believers of other religions and such?

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

you've got a lot of work to do buddy... get to it! Your God commands it.

And before you start in with the "when jesus came the old testament was no longer to be followed" bullshit...

Jesus: “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.“ (Matthew 5:17)

Wow ! Really ? How about picking the book up and reading it for once ? That is in reference to animal sacrifice . And I am pro-Law so I never take those verse out of context . Yeshua came to fulfill the Law and one way he did that was to annul the judgements so to the second verse you posted , we are not called to do that anymore , God alone will carry out the Judgements at the end of this age .

Also.. gotta kill blasphemers like me too:

One day a man who had an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father got into a fight with one of the Israelite men. During the fight, this son of an Israelite woman blasphemed the LORD's name. So the man was brought to Moses for judgment. His mother's name was Shelomith. She was the daughter of Dibri of the tribe of Dan. They put the man in custody until the LORD's will in the matter should become clear. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Take the blasphemer outside the camp, and tell all those who heard him to lay their hands on his head. Then let the entire community stone him to death. Say to the people of Israel: Those who blaspheme God will suffer the consequences of their guilt and be punished. Anyone who blasphemes the LORD's name must be stoned to death by the whole community of Israel. Any Israelite or foreigner among you who blasphemes the LORD's name will surely die. (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)

Also.. on Sunday, God needs you to go out and kill everyone working because, well, it's forbidden:

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)
Evan03

United States
03/22/2012 05:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Great video OP

I know the answer

Don't upset yourself

Its not some belief. Its a rational conclusion you can come to after examining what happened in history, landmarks, artefacts, writings, data and current affairs. It is not based on faith but real life information.

It's not proven either way. So to come to that conclusion requires faith.

Majority of the scientific community would disagree with that conclusion also.

Then again they would disagree with mine too.

Which brings back my point...you shouldn't mock what people believe, because no matter what it is, there is someone who thinks what you believe is as crazy as you feel about christians

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4585656
United States
03/22/2012 05:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
So tired of this atheist bull crap...................

:Athiestism:
 Quoting: Chop's

So tired of people automatically labeling someone an atheist if they disagree with your religion.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 05:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
I got this video sent to me and thought it was hilarious and probably true. I personally do not own a bible and so cannot check the citations that run along the bottom of the screen but hey if you do I'd love to hear the results.

Yeah I'm still labeling this thread as "proof" because religions in general contradict themselves all the time. Like... talking a lot about love except hating all those who disagree with them so it would not surprise me at all to find that the Bible which was patched together over something like 3000-5000 years by something like 50-100 different authors would have more than a few contradictions. That's just logical.

Bring on the bad karma, judging people on this site based on a little coloured bar in the corner is just plain ludicrous anyways.
For some reason it is forbidden to show you idiots that there is no contradictions.You do not read it in context.But we are not allowed to show you because you simply close your mind ears and eyes.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12970626

Interesting. Being called an "idiot" by a jackass who doesn't know when to use the word "are" instead of "is."
Evan03

United States
03/22/2012 05:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

God himself?

Your god is reactionary. He know's nada. And only changes as society changes. He doesnt know the hearts of men like he claimed to otherwise he would leave things to run its course.

Well, soo much about that statement is false that I will just leave it at that. I know God...I praise God because he blesses me everyday. I don't need your approval or for you to agree with me.

Ohwell

United Kingdom
03/22/2012 05:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

Which brings back my point...you shouldn't mock what people believe, because no matter what it is, there is someone who thinks what you believe is as crazy as you feel about christians

It is not faith. It is rational thinking and logic. So much evidence these days with yet people still deny it.
What?
User ID: 1371470
United States
03/22/2012 05:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

===

Prais God !

Speaking of limitations...

Riddle me this: Can "god" create a rock so heavy that he cannot lift it?

Of Course George he can, and then he will pick it up. His ways and thoughts are not our ways and thoughts. Look up the "duality of light", Einstein proved God exists with this theory......he just could not but it in those words.

[link to www.e-sword.net]
Evan03

United States
03/22/2012 05:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

It is not faith. It is rational thinking and logic. So much evidence these days with yet people still deny it.

Yea, you said that already. You dance around my points, so we can just agree to disagree. Or at least try to this time....

Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 05:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

Speaking of limitations...

Riddle me this: Can "god" create a rock so heavy that he cannot lift it?

Of Course George he can, and then he will pick it up. His ways and thoughts are not our ways and thoughts. Look up the "duality of light", Einstein proved God exists with this theory......he just could not but it in those words.

[link to www.e-sword.net]
 Quoting: What? 1371470

If he created a rock that he couldn't lift... then he would therefore be imperfect and not a god because he couldn't lift it. If he could not create a rock he couldn't lift, then he again is imperfect and not a god because he couldn't create it.
Reiz  (OP)

Canada
03/22/2012 05:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh by the way, I'm not Christian because I don't see any reason to bow down and worship anyone or anything. but I also wouldn't class myself as Atheist either because technically I still hold a belief in "otherworldly" things despite the fact that I am taking a much more scientific approach to them instead being a dogmatic scientist and going "ghosts don't exist: and then never seeing if that's really true. Nor am I Agnostic because I'm not on the fence about any of it. As far as I'm concerned I'm just some dude at a computer making observations and trying to learn right now. That and nothing more.

Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 05:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
well... it's been fun. time to go do something productive.

enjoy the debate.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4585656
United States
03/22/2012 05:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
God had to kill himself to appease himself so that He wouldn't have to roast us, (His beloved creations) alive for all eternity. He loves us more than we can comprehend but, if we don't love him back, He will send us to Hell to suffer forever and ever. That really is AMAZING GRACE!
Ohwell

United Kingdom
03/22/2012 05:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
God had to kill himself to appease himself so that He wouldn't have to roast us, (His beloved creations) alive for all eternity. He loves us more than we can comprehend but, if we don't love him back, He will send us to Hell to suffer forever and ever. That really is AMAZING GRACE!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4585656

Truly. And he knows everything but set out on a very questionable journey and a futile one.

I think we need another explanation for why we are here instead of that mumbo jumbo crap. If they want to keep that information a secret, fine. But at least dont take advantage of people's ignorance.

Last Edited by Ohwell on 03/22/2012 05:32 PM
Reiz  (OP)

Canada
03/22/2012 05:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Man there's so many replies coming into this all at once I can't keep up with them all. Sorry for that. But you guys seem to be doing just fine talking amongst yourselves anyways.

nightowl

User ID: 6814516
United States
03/22/2012 05:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have been a Bible believing Christian for over 35 years. I have spent time in church and out of church. I have spent years doubting my faith. And I have also spent years where I have experienced the true Spirit of God/Christ flowing through my life.

There are major differences within the churches and denominations as to whether or not they believe Scripture is the perfect word of God or not. Some Christians believe it is error-free and others believe it has some errors; but that the overall flow of the stories and documents reveal that God exists, that he is real, and that we have a spiritual significance while on earth and in the afterlife.

Christians are who they are because of their spiritual relationship with God and with Christ. True Christians have accepted the spirit of God/Christ within them. There is always a struggle between the divine nature and the human nature within all Christians. However, if you watch a true Christ-seeking Christian over time, you will see that -- over the years and over time -- they become more and more Christlike. It is a life-long spiritual process. And, if I may say so -- it is WORTH IT!

Believing that the Bible is error-free is not a requirement to be a Christian. It may be a requirement to be a member of a certain denomination.

So this is what I am trying to say: If you want to know what Christianity means -- then start your own search. Seek Christ yourself.

A good place to start is with the question....
"Who is Jesus Christ and what did he teach?"

Start with that question - because that is the question that is most central to Christianity.

Start reading the books of the Bible that tell about the life and teachings of Christ. Read the books of Matthew and Mark to start. Write down your thoughts and questions. Keep a journal of those thoughts and questions as you read. See what happens. Start with Christ and get to know the spirit of Christ (the Holy Spirit); and the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth. Seek and you will find.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 664728
New Zealand
03/22/2012 05:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
I watched the video

and I understand the nuance of how those verses works and in what context

they are not errors or contradictions

I won't waste my time typing here to unbelievers. The Bible isn't a simple story and there is much to understand to understand these verses.

I hope that you have the opportunity (and open mindedness) to study the Bible some day and find the truth in it

If you say you have not met any real believers who read the Bible and live by it's precepts, find some Christadelphians and study with them.

GLP