Bible contradiction proof + Citations

Evan03

User ID: 9873825
United States
03/22/2012 06:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Bible contradiction proof + Citations
Again... just because you disagree with Christianity doesn't automatically make you an atheist. I know you wish it were the case, so you could easily bash, but sadly it just isn't so.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4585656

Christiantards are to delusional to get a grasp.
 Quoting: Shogu666

I know, I'm lucky I know how to tie my shoes all by myself
 Quoting: Evan03

you do knot
 Quoting: Ghréasaí 2

chuckle
Life is tough, but its tougher when you're stupid. -john wayne

Truth is the new hate speech in our age of absurdity-Ted Nougat

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupid.
Reiz  (OP)

User ID: 1558128
Canada
Report Abusive Post
Bah, I was going to argue how full of holes this video is and how its does nothing but show how uneducated the creator is of the bible, but alas I am to lazy to type everything out.

I will point this out though, the first thing he mentions that the bible says no one has seen god yet Abraham and Moses have, ect. This is not the case, if he had actually read the passages he misquoted he would have found none of these people actually 'Saw' god. In the case of Moses, he had to hide behind a rock in god's presence for if he had looked upon god he would have died. Or how about when Moses had to talk to the burning bush? Was god there? Yes! But he wasn't there as what HE really is.

That is the point I think many of you are missing when you fail to inform yourself by reading things in context but instead pick a few words out of a verse.

God in all his splendor and glory cannot be seen, but god in a bush or in any form that we may understand can be seen because it is not what all of what HE is.
 Quoting: AlmustKnowe

(Genesis 12: 7)
The LORD appeared to Abram and said, "To your offspring I will give this land." So he built an altar there to the LORD, who had appeared to him.

Failed christiantard is fail.

Please people, for the love of all that is good, read your damn bibles before commenting. Would you comment on an electrical schematic and try to prove how its wrong without first knowing something about the system?

Probably not, because the engineer would laugh at you.

With all due respect to everyone... I did actually provide videos that have citations in them way back on the first page. S far it appears that almost every christian response I've gotten back embodies the exact mentality displayed in the context video which I will now repost here even though I know in ll likelyhood few will watch it because tehy already think they know the answers:

Warning, spirits, aliens, and humans are prophetically impaired:

[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
malfunkshun007

User ID: 1546982
United States
Report Abusive Post
Bah, I was going to argue how full of holes this video is and how its does nothing but show how uneducated the creator is of the bible, but alas I am to lazy to type everything out.

I will point this out though, the first thing he mentions that the bible says no one has seen god yet Abraham and Moses have, ect. This is not the case, if he had actually read the passages he misquoted he would have found none of these people actually 'Saw' god. In the case of Moses, he had to hide behind a rock in god's presence for if he had looked upon god he would have died. Or how about when Moses had to talk to the burning bush? Was god there? Yes! But he wasn't there as what HE really is.

That is the point I think many of you are missing when you fail to inform yourself by reading things in context but instead pick a few words out of a verse.

God in all his splendor and glory cannot be seen, but god in a bush or in any form that we may understand can be seen because it is not what all of what HE is.

The LORD appeared to Abram and said, "To your offspring I will give this land." So he built an altar there to the LORD, who had appeared to him.

but isreal is there now. this is a fail?
All morons hate it when you call them a moron.

People always think something's all true.

It's funny. All you have to do is say something nobody understands and they'll do practically anything you want them to.

-Holden Caulfield
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7057750
United States
Report Abusive Post
Please people, for the love of all that is good, read your damn bibles before commenting. Would you comment on an electrical schematic and try to prove how its wrong without first knowing something about the system?

in the beginning was the word, the spoken word

order is required first

reality comes next
AlmustKnowe

User ID: 6134468
Canada
03/22/2012 06:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

With all due respect to everyone... I did actually provide videos that have citations in them way back on the first page. S far it appears that almost every christian response I've gotten back embodies the exact mentality displayed in the context video which I will now repost here even though I know in ll likelyhood few will watch it because tehy already think they know the answers:

Quoting: Reiz

Hey OP had you actually read my post you would have known I watched the video. I'm out, I can't get dragged into another one of these.
I suffer from Pronoia I have the suspicion the Universe is a conspiracy on my behalf.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 06:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

Father and Son is the issue there

I think it is shear ignorance....an observation. You miss the point;

When some Pharisees gathered together, Jesus asked them, "What do you think about the Messiah? Whose descendant is he?" "He is David's descendant," they answered. "Why, then," Jesus asked, "did the Spirit inspire David to call him 'Lord'? David said, 'The Lord said to my Lord: Sit here at my right side until I put your enemies under your feet.' If, then, David called him 'Lord,' how can the Messiah be David's descendant?" No one was able to give Jesus any answer, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.
(Matthew 22:41-46)
 Quoting: Yikes! 1371470

because the term LORD means Son

the Pharisees worshiped only the Father; where as Jesus told them they must worship the Son
Reiz  (OP)

Canada
Report Abusive Post
I almost need to constantly repost the context video because its just so like what is happening in this discussion:

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1313099
United States
Report Abusive Post
Here's another one - and in this case, the video completely MIS-quotes 1 John 4:8:

Was God the author of evil?

Correct answer: NO

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light and create darkness,
I bring prosperity and create disaster; (calamity)
I, the LORD, do all these things.

1 John 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 06:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

When some Pharisees gathered together, Jesus asked them, "What do you think about the Messiah? Whose descendant is he?" "He is David's descendant," they answered. "Why, then," Jesus asked, "did the Spirit inspire David to call him 'Lord'? David said, 'The Lord said to my Lord: Sit here at my right side until I put your enemies under your feet.' If, then, David called him 'Lord,' how can the Messiah be David's descendant?" No one was able to give Jesus any answer, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.

the Pharisees worshiped only the Father; where as Jesus told them they must worship the Son

point: David was a Son of a Son

and the Holy Spirit takes many forms....
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 06:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Salt

was God the creator of evil ??
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 06:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
I almost need to constantly repost the context video because its just so like what is happening in this discussion:

[link to youtu.be]

the verses in the Bibles can contradict each other because that is the reality of human truth

as seen here:

A man standing on the North Pole decided the Earth is rotating counter-clockwise

A man standing on the South Pole decided the Earth is rotating clockwise

They met on the Equator and began to argue about which direction the Earth is rotating

Which one is speaking truth ??
OyVey
User ID: 1371470
United States
03/22/2012 06:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

More Revisionist history you pedal?

Again the LORD said to Moses, "Now that you are going back to Egypt, be sure to perform before the king all the miracles which I have given you the power to do. But I will make the king stubborn, and he will not let the people go. Then you must tell him that I, the LORD, say, 'Israel is my first-born son. I told you to let my son go, so that he might worship me, but you refused. Now I am going to kill your first-born son.' "
(Exo 4:21-23)
Reiz  (OP)

Canada
03/22/2012 06:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

Hey OP had you actually read my post you would have known I watched the video. I'm out, I can't get dragged into another one of these.

Doesn't change the fact that no one seems t care about the context of the good things now does it? Only the stuff that makes it look bad. I meanI could take some of the good stuff, make some context, and make it sound bad. Like lets say "the Meek will inherit the earth" Well I cold easily say that the meek are those who never ever questioned the authority of God and thus are those who were never killed, damned, etc. which basically means they're just the ones who were willing beaten down slaves.

I could also say that the meek are those who held their tongues and were not boisterous about their works and boisterous about their faith and just kept to themselves amidst all the hatred around them. And thus the meek are the very balanced, peaceful people whom inherit the earth after all the rest are gone.

Two interpretations of the same thing. One good nd one bad. And you can do this with literally any part of the bible, turn it good or bad with interpretation. S why is it that no one cares about the stuff that sounds good at first glance but all the bad at fist glance stuff is open to interpretation?

the answer is quite simple, the supposed christian only wants to feel a sense of self confidence and superiority. That's why all the bad stuff is selected for and "interpreted" as being good whereas the good stuff is just acccepted without question.

The pattern of behavior I see here pretty well backs that up. Although not from everyone, there's been a couple "meeks" amongst the crowd here that no one seemed to notice for the most part.

Reiz  (OP)

Canada
03/22/2012 06:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here's another one - and in this case, the video completely MIS-quotes 1 John 4:8:

1 John 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

Well that's interesting. Which video is this one in? I know as the last question in the first video he ask s if God is the author of Confusion, not evil. So where is this one?

Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 06:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well that's interesting. Which video is this one in? I know as the last question in the first video he ask s if God is the author of Confusion, not evil. So where is this one?

in your video, it is the 6th question, i believe
AlmustKnowe

User ID: 6134468
Canada
Report Abusive Post

Doesn't change the fact that no one seems t care about the context of the good things now does it? Only the stuff that makes it look bad. I meanI could take some of the good stuff, make some context, and make it sound bad. Like lets say "the Meek will inherit the earth" Well I cold easily say that the meek are those who never ever questioned the authority of God and thus are those who were never killed, damned, etc. which basically means they're just the ones who were willing beaten down slaves.

I could also say that the meek are those who held their tongues and were not boisterous about their works and boisterous about their faith and just kept to themselves amidst all the hatred around them. And thus the meek are the very balanced, peaceful people whom inherit the earth after all the rest are gone.

Two interpretations of the same thing. One good nd one bad. And you can do this with literally any part of the bible, turn it good or bad with interpretation. S why is it that no one cares about the stuff that sounds good at first glance but all the bad at fist glance stuff is open to interpretation?

the answer is quite simple, the supposed christian only wants to feel a sense of self confidence and superiority. That's why all the bad stuff is selected for and "interpreted" as being good whereas the good stuff is just acccepted without question.

The pattern of behavior I see here pretty well backs that up. Although not from everyone, there's been a couple "meeks" amongst the crowd here that no one seemed to notice for the most part.

If one reads the bible with a heart of evil they will see evil for those are the glasses they are wearing.
I suffer from Pronoia I have the suspicion the Universe is a conspiracy on my behalf.
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post

Again the LORD said to Moses, "Now that you are going back to Egypt, be sure to perform before the king all the miracles which I have given you the power to do. But I will make the king stubborn, and he will not let the people go. Then you must tell him that I, the LORD, say, 'Israel is my first-born son. I told you to let my son go, so that he might worship me, but you refused. Now I am going to kill your first-born son.' "
(Exo 4:21-23)
 Quoting: OyVey 1371470

the "LORD God" didn't appear in the Bibles until Genesis 2:4

prior to that was simply: God
Reiz  (OP)

Canada
03/22/2012 06:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to youtu.be]

the verses in the Bibles can contradict each other because that is the reality of human truth

as seen here:

A man standing on the North Pole decided the Earth is rotating counter-clockwise

They met on the Equator and began to argue about which direction the Earth is rotating

Well yeah that's thing but for the most part people want to be selective and not see it that way. That's why they all sound like the christian in the context video. They want to see it only one way. So anything that looks good is ignored but anything that looks back is twisted around so it looks good.

If there's any real truth in the word its probably that everything just IS, not that there's real objective good and evil and all that.

Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 06:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: OyVey 1371470

Jesus = LORD

Jesus = Son God

LORD = Son God

it isn't revisionist whatsoever, it is the ORIGINAL truth: one of clear, concise, and honorable thought processes and proper speaking
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 06:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to youtu.be]

as seen here:

Well yeah that's thing but for the most part people want to be selective and not see it that way. That's why they all sound like the christian in the context video. They want to see it only one way. So anything that looks good is ignored but anything that looks back is twisted around so it looks good.

If there's any real truth in the word its probably that everything just IS, not that there's real objective good and evil and all that.

yes, yes indeed....

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1034800
United States
03/22/2012 06:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
You don't own a bible, but you own a computer... So uuuuuum, did you ever think once that the bible just might be provided for FREE on online on your computer? Hmmm very smart, you are.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12623026
United States
03/22/2012 06:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
The original writings didn't come with chapter and verse , they were an invention of the Catholic Church . This is where the confusion comes from , people only post segments of the Word to make their point and a lot of the time , it is shamefully taken out of context .
Reiz  (OP)

Canada
Report Abusive Post

If one reads the bible with a heart of evil they will see evil for those are the glasses they are wearing.

Well yea but then how do you explain me? I'm looking at this whole things as being neutral and subjective and just noticing that people are displaying certain behavioral patterns in relation to certain things.

Its just a damn book, people read it, people get stuff out of it, that's the truth. I could easily do the same thing with any novel. People would read it and get whatever they wanted out of it. The problem is that barely anyone seems to recognize this basic fact. And then surprise surprise God becomes whatever it is people think it is. And then somehow magically everyone thinks they're right and starts arguing over it.

Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
Here's one for ya:

Were humans created before the animals?

Here is the order that everything was created:
Day one: Light & Dark
Day two: Separation of "waters"
Day three: land masses & seas and all vegetation
Day four: two great lights plus star markers, rotation of night and day
Day five: fish and birds
Day six: land animals/livestock, then man
Day seven: God rested

Gen 1:1-31

THEN:
God puts Adam and Eve in the garden. Trees start growing, etc.
God teaches Adam to work the soil (agriculture) then He sent all the animals before Adam to be named. Then he makes woman.

Gen 2:1-25

Here's yet another one:

Was Jesus the only man ascended into heaven?

Correct answer: TRICK QUESTION - Technical answer YES

Jesus came first, and He came DOWN from heaven.

John 3:13 13And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Elijah was taken into heaven (not necessarily ASCENDED)

2 Kings 2:11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind. 12 Elisha saw this and cried out, “My father! My father! The chariots and horsemen of Israel!” And Elisha saw him no more. Then he took hold of his garment and tore it in two.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 06:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

was God the creator of evil ??

NO
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 06:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
i can go all day....
Reiz  (OP)

Canada
03/22/2012 06:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
You don't own a bible, but you own a computer... So uuuuuum, did you ever think once that the bible just might be provided for FREE on online on your computer? Hmmm very smart, you are.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1034800

I would trust a paperback version more than something on the internet. that way I know that when I pick up that paperback, no ones gone in and changed anything since the last time I picked it up.

Ohwell

User ID: 1130828
United Kingdom
03/22/2012 06:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

Lam 3:38
Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 06:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1034800

I would trust a paperback version more than something on the internet. that way I know that when I pick up that paperback, no ones gone in and changed anything since the last time I picked it up.

every translation known to man available here:
[link to www.biblegateway.com]
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 06:48 PM
Report Abusive Post