Bible contradiction proof + Citations

AlmustKnowe

User ID: 6134468
Canada
03/22/2012 06:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Bible contradiction proof + Citations

Hey OP had you actually read my post you would have known I watched the video. I'm out, I can't get dragged into another one of these.
 Quoting: AlmustKnowe

Doesn't change the fact that no one seems t care about the context of the good things now does it? Only the stuff that makes it look bad. I meanI could take some of the good stuff, make some context, and make it sound bad. Like lets say "the Meek will inherit the earth" Well I cold easily say that the meek are those who never ever questioned the authority of God and thus are those who were never killed, damned, etc. which basically means they're just the ones who were willing beaten down slaves.

I could also say that the meek are those who held their tongues and were not boisterous about their works and boisterous about their faith and just kept to themselves amidst all the hatred around them. And thus the meek are the very balanced, peaceful people whom inherit the earth after all the rest are gone.

Two interpretations of the same thing. One good nd one bad. And you can do this with literally any part of the bible, turn it good or bad with interpretation. S why is it that no one cares about the stuff that sounds good at first glance but all the bad at fist glance stuff is open to interpretation?

the answer is quite simple, the supposed christian only wants to feel a sense of self confidence and superiority. That's why all the bad stuff is selected for and "interpreted" as being good whereas the good stuff is just acccepted without question.

The pattern of behavior I see here pretty well backs that up. Although not from everyone, there's been a couple "meeks" amongst the crowd here that no one seemed to notice for the most part.
 Quoting: Reiz

If one reads the bible with a heart of evil they will see evil for those are the glasses they are wearing.

Well yea but then how do you explain me? I'm looking at this whole things as being neutral and subjective and just noticing that people are displaying certain behavioral patterns in relation to certain things.

Its just a damn book, people read it, people get stuff out of it, that's the truth. I could easily do the same thing with any novel. People would read it and get whatever they wanted out of it. The problem is that barely anyone seems to recognize this basic fact. And then surprise surprise God becomes whatever it is people think it is. And then somehow magically everyone thinks they're right and starts arguing over it.

I wouldn't say you are neutral, through your posts you've showed your stance.

You are no different from anyone else, you are either going to read it and understand that ALL contained in the bible pertaining to god is good, and most things pertaining to men will be evil or you will pick fragments of passages and never read the bible in entirety and than be confused as to what it means and think it is contradicting.
I suffer from Pronoia I have the suspicion the Universe is a conspiracy on my behalf.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1313099
United States
03/22/2012 06:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here's another one - and in this case, the video completely MIS-quotes 1 John 4:8:

Was God the author of evil?

Correct answer: NO

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light and create darkness,
I bring prosperity and create disaster; (calamity)
I, the LORD, do all these things.

1 John 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
 Quoting: Salt

Well that's interesting. Which video is this one in? I know as the last question in the first video he ask s if God is the author of Confusion, not evil. So where is this one?

Lam 3:38
Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?
 Quoting: Ohwell

Lamentations 3:38

38 Is it not from the mouth of the Most High
that both calamities and good things come?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7057750
United States
03/22/2012 06:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
You don't own a bible, but you own a computer... So uuuuuum, did you ever think once that the bible just might be provided for FREE on online on your computer? Hmmm very smart, you are.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1034800

I would trust a paperback version more than something on the internet. that way I know that when I pick up that paperback, no ones gone in and changed anything since the last time I picked it up.

every translation known to man available here:
[link to www.biblegateway.com]

ah, no

many are there, but not all of them
CEO of God inc.
User ID: 3565392
United States
03/22/2012 06:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
So tired of this atheist bull crap...................

:Athiestism:
 Quoting: Chop's

I'm not an Atheist but I do not trust the bible. I don't care that you believe. I'm happy and proud that you are allowed the freedom to choose. Why cant you grant me or anyone else the same? The OP posted this to share their thoughts. I read the Christian posts here as well. I don't judge them or hate them or think "why wont they just stop?". I'm happy for them.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 06:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here's another one - and in this case, the video completely MIS-quotes 1 John 4:8:

1 John 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

Well that's interesting. Which video is this one in? I know as the last question in the first video he ask s if God is the author of Confusion, not evil. So where is this one?

Lam 3:38
Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?

Lamentations 3:38

38 Is it not from the mouth of the Most High
that both calamities and good things come?

yes, yes indeed....

you are well versed i see....
eclectic mind

User ID: 12762865
Australia
03/22/2012 06:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

I'm not an Atheist but I do not trust the bible. I don't care that you believe. I'm happy and proud that you are allowed the freedom to choose. Why cant you grant me or anyone else the same? The OP posted this to share their thoughts. I read the Christian posts here as well. I don't judge them or hate them or think "why wont they just stop?". I'm happy for them.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire
 Quoting: CEO of God inc. 3565392

well said..
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 06:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
You don't own a bible, but you own a computer... So uuuuuum, did you ever think once that the bible just might be provided for FREE on online on your computer? Hmmm very smart, you are.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1034800

I would trust a paperback version more than something on the internet. that way I know that when I pick up that paperback, no ones gone in and changed anything since the last time I picked it up.

every translation known to man available here:
[link to www.biblegateway.com]

ah, no

many are there, but not all of them
 Quoting: Ghréasaí 2

but enough of them are there to find truth, that is for sure

i use that site all the time, excellent link thanks for posting it
OyVey
User ID: 1371470
United States
03/22/2012 06:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

I think it is shear ignorance....an observation. You miss the point;

When some Pharisees gathered together, Jesus asked them, "What do you think about the Messiah? Whose descendant is he?" "He is David's descendant," they answered. "Why, then," Jesus asked, "did the Spirit inspire David to call him 'Lord'? David said, 'The Lord said to my Lord: Sit here at my right side until I put your enemies under your feet.' If, then, David called him 'Lord,' how can the Messiah be David's descendant?" No one was able to give Jesus any answer, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.
(Matthew 22:41-46)
 Quoting: Yikes! 1371470

because the term LORD means Son

the Pharisees worshiped only the Father; where as Jesus told them they must worship the Son

More Revisionist history you pedal?

Again the LORD said to Moses, "Now that you are going back to Egypt, be sure to perform before the king all the miracles which I have given you the power to do. But I will make the king stubborn, and he will not let the people go. Then you must tell him that I, the LORD, say, 'Israel is my first-born son. I told you to let my son go, so that he might worship me, but you refused. Now I am going to kill your first-born son.' "
(Exo 4:21-23)
 Quoting: OyVey 1371470

the "LORD God" didn't appear in the Bibles until Genesis 2:4

prior to that was simply: God

I miss understood you originally, sorry, I apologize for the misunderstanding........that said up til Gen 2.4 the narrative had only God to focus on for the reader.

At Gen 2.4 the Lord God is also the Word of God or by your definition....the Son of God. Thanks never saw that before.

Lord God = Son of God = Word of God = Logos
DoubleHelix

User ID: 10449558
United States
03/22/2012 06:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
bumpfor later.

Its been a busy day for me and i'm just now seeing this.

Peace
"I posit that the human being has the capability to utilize the ''real eyes'' to ''realize'' and see through the ''real lies'' ...The ''real eyes'' can only become operational when the heart and higher mind are in synchronized, which requires dual brain hemisphere synchronization."~Danial

My [email protected] 1111x1111=1234321<[NUMERICAL PYRAMID;]

“Injustice never rules forever.” - Seneca
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4352201
United States
03/22/2012 06:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Translations are not 100% accurate , if I say "break a leg" in english that means good luck, if translated to another language it means "break your leg". Greek has 7 different words that love, but they are all translated love in english without the degree of the word.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12406416
United States
03/22/2012 06:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
What a wonderful thread

Plenty of anti-Christian bigotry

Plenty of quazi-Christian defensiveness

Plenty of immature interpretations of the Bible's content from both "sides" of the "argument"

Plenty of cognitive bias to go around

Most of all, plenty of "experts" on both "sides" making "conclusive" statements about vague or subjective concepts

It's kind of crazy what people put effort into sometimes, considering all the things they don't put any effort into

You all probably need to lighten up a little
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 07:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here's one for ya:

Were humans created before the animals?

Here is the order that everything was created:
Day one: Light & Dark
Day two: Separation of "waters"
Day three: land masses & seas and all vegetation
Day four: two great lights plus star markers, rotation of night and day
Day five: fish and birds
Day six: land animals/livestock, then man
Day seven: God rested

Gen 1:1-31

THEN:
God puts Adam and Eve in the garden. Trees start growing, etc.
God teaches Adam to work the soil (agriculture) then He sent all the animals before Adam to be named. Then he makes woman.

Gen 2:1-25

Here's yet another one:

Was Jesus the only man ascended into heaven?

Correct answer: TRICK QUESTION - Technical answer YES

Jesus came first, and He came DOWN from heaven.

John 3:13 13And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Elijah was taken into heaven (not necessarily ASCENDED)

2 Kings 2:11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind. 12 Elisha saw this and cried out, “My father! My father! The chariots and horsemen of Israel!” And Elisha saw him no more. Then he took hold of his garment and tore it in two.

...and another:

Does God's anger last forever?

Correct answer: TRICK QUESTION, Technical answer: NO

Jeremiah 17

1 “Judah’s sin is engraved with an iron tool,
inscribed with a flint point,
on the tablets of their hearts
and on the horns of their altars.
2 Even their children remember
their altars and Asherah poles[a]
beside the spreading trees
and on the high hills.
3 My mountain in the land
and your wealth and all your treasures
I will give away as plunder,
together with your high places,
because of sin throughout your country.
4 Through your own fault you will lose
the inheritance I gave you.
I will enslave you to your enemies
in a land you do not know,
for you have kindled my anger,
and it will burn forever.”

^^^The LAND/CURSE ON THE LAND will last forever, NOT God's anger.

Micah 7:18 Who is a God like you,
who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
of the remnant of his inheritance?
You do not stay angry forever
but delight to show mercy.
ajk

User ID: 1114631
United States
03/22/2012 07:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

Just because he doesn't trust the Bible doesn't mean he's atheist. Assuming much?
No one is perfect. A babe before walking will first stumble and fall many times but NEVER gives up until he succeeds.

Always remember, ultimately, to never follow any person's belief. Your relationship with God is between you and God.

If nothing else, remember this: religion = subservience, control and conformity, the same template as EVERY government

"Most believers would kill truth if truth threatened their religion." L. K. Washburn

"This crime called blasphemy was invented by priests for the purpose of defending doctrines not able to take care of themselves." Robert Ingersoll

"If anyone wants to know how God feels, it's a warm light as if the sun is poking through dark clouds and lifting your spirits with pure joy."
Children of the Atom

User ID: 8307936
United States
03/22/2012 07:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
I got this video sent to me and thought it was hilarious and probably true. I personally do not own a bible and so cannot check the citations that run along the bottom of the screen but hey if you do I'd love to hear the results.

Yeah I'm still labeling this thread as "proof" because religions in general contradict themselves all the time. Like... talking a lot about love except hating all those who disagree with them so it would not surprise me at all to find that the Bible which was patched together over something like 3000-5000 years by something like 50-100 different authors would have more than a few contradictions. That's just logical.

Bring on the bad karma, judging people on this site based on a little coloured bar in the corner is just plain ludicrous anyways.

Of course there is a duality within the bible. Somewhere in the middle, is the truth.

respect
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 07:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Jeremiah 17

the FE

iron = Fe

footprints....a new born's foot prints

ever notice that a new born baby has one foot that is bigger than the other ??

knowledge of this was an ancient paternity test of sorts....as to which one should be bigger than the other....

aka: Achilles Heel
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 07:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Jeremiah 17

the FE

iron = Fe

footprints....a new born's foot prints

ever notice that a new born baby has one foot that is bigger than the other ??

knowledge of this was an ancient paternity test of sorts....as to which one should be bigger than the other....

aka: Achilles Heel

Fleur D Lis
Reiz  (OP)

User ID: 1558128
Canada
03/22/2012 07:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

Doesn't change the fact that no one seems t care about the context of the good things now does it? Only the stuff that makes it look bad. I meanI could take some of the good stuff, make some context, and make it sound bad. Like lets say "the Meek will inherit the earth" Well I cold easily say that the meek are those who never ever questioned the authority of God and thus are those who were never killed, damned, etc. which basically means they're just the ones who were willing beaten down slaves.

I could also say that the meek are those who held their tongues and were not boisterous about their works and boisterous about their faith and just kept to themselves amidst all the hatred around them. And thus the meek are the very balanced, peaceful people whom inherit the earth after all the rest are gone.

Two interpretations of the same thing. One good nd one bad. And you can do this with literally any part of the bible, turn it good or bad with interpretation. S why is it that no one cares about the stuff that sounds good at first glance but all the bad at fist glance stuff is open to interpretation?

the answer is quite simple, the supposed christian only wants to feel a sense of self confidence and superiority. That's why all the bad stuff is selected for and "interpreted" as being good whereas the good stuff is just acccepted without question.

The pattern of behavior I see here pretty well backs that up. Although not from everyone, there's been a couple "meeks" amongst the crowd here that no one seemed to notice for the most part.

If one reads the bible with a heart of evil they will see evil for those are the glasses they are wearing.

Well yea but then how do you explain me? I'm looking at this whole things as being neutral and subjective and just noticing that people are displaying certain behavioral patterns in relation to certain things.

Its just a damn book, people read it, people get stuff out of it, that's the truth. I could easily do the same thing with any novel. People would read it and get whatever they wanted out of it. The problem is that barely anyone seems to recognize this basic fact. And then surprise surprise God becomes whatever it is people think it is. And then somehow magically everyone thinks they're right and starts arguing over it.

You are no different from anyone else, you are either going to read it and understand that ALL contained in the bible pertaining to god is good, and most things pertaining to men will be evil or you will pick fragments of passages and never read the bible in entirety and than be confused as to what it means and think it is contradicting.

You're right I'm not 100% neutral. I believe that faith is in general a bad thing. Why? Because faith without evidence means that you can be led and manipulated any which way the manipulator wants. I've fallen into that trap before and would prefer not to fall into it again. Therefore I will never ever be a part of any religion ever because there is no way I'm just going to take their word for it at face value.

You can sit there and tell me all you want about what you believe Christianity and religion is. But that means nothing to me. I wil observe religious people and see what it is they ACTUALLY believe. I'll carve my own path, my days of being led ended a long, long time ago.
Warning, spirits, aliens, and humans are prophetically impaired:

[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
AlmustKnowe

Canada
03/22/2012 07:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

You're right I'm not 100% neutral. I believe that faith is in general a bad thing. Why? Because faith without evidence means that you can be led and manipulated any which way the manipulator wants. I've fallen into that trap before and would prefer not to fall into it again. Therefore I will never ever be a part of any religion ever because there is no way I'm just going to take their word for it at face value.

You can sit there and tell me all you want about what you believe Christianity and religion is. But that means nothing to me. I wil observe religious people and see what it is they ACTUALLY believe. I'll carve my own path, my days of being led ended a long, long time ago.

I believe you are confused. Why post a thread about the bible being inaccurate and than argue about men?
I suffer from Pronoia I have the suspicion the Universe is a conspiracy on my behalf.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 07:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
i can see that the facts that i am bringing to this thread are being completely ignored.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 07:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
i can see that the facts that i am bringing to this thread are being completely ignored.

things can change/are changing; 'God' isn't a static entity

is that what you are stating ??
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/22/2012 07:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

things can change/are changing; 'God' isn't a static entity

is that what you are stating ??

no.
what i am stating is that OPs video is completely false, i have refuted the content within the video showing that it is false, and it is being ignored.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6814516
United States
03/22/2012 07:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have been a Bible believing Christian for over 35 years. I have spent time in church and out of church. I have spent years doubting my faith. And I have also spent years where I have experienced the true Spirit of God/Christ flowing through my life.

There are major differences within the churches and denominations as to whether or not they believe Scripture is the perfect word of God or not. Some Christians believe it is error-free and others believe it has some errors; but that the overall flow of the stories and documents reveal that God exists, that he is real, and that we have a spiritual significance while on earth and in the afterlife.

Christians are who they are because of their spiritual relationship with God and with Christ. True Christians have accepted the spirit of God/Christ within them. There is always a struggle between the divine nature and the human nature within all Christians. However, if you watch a true Christ-seeking Christian over time, you will see that -- over the years and over time -- they become more and more Christlike. It is a life-long spiritual process. And, if I may say so -- it is WORTH IT!

Believing that the Bible is error-free is not a requirement to be a Christian. It may be a requirement to be a member of a certain denomination.

So this is what I am trying to say: If you want to know what Christianity means -- then start your own search. Seek Christ yourself.

A good place to start is with the question....
"Who is Jesus Christ and what did he teach?"

Start with that question - because that is the question that is most central to Christianity.

Start reading the books of the Bible that tell about the life and teachings of Christ. Read the books of Matthew and Mark to start. Write down your thoughts and questions. Keep a journal of those thoughts and questions as you read. See what happens. Start with Christ and get to know the spirit of Christ (the Holy Spirit); and the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth. Seek and you will find.

Quoting: nightowl

Reading is not intuitive. Its like saying you need a drug to affect or effect the natural cycles of your body system. Are you saying without the drug your body wont function. What about those without the drug? What about those without the education to read?

This post was written here for the GLP members who read this thread. It was a direct challenge for anyone who hasn't read the full teachings of Christ to do so. If you are on GLP then you most likely are able to read; and you have access to read the teachings of Christ, recorded in writing and passed down through history.

Start with the book of Matthew: [link to www.biblegateway.com]

then go on to Mark: [link to www.biblegateway.com]

If you still want to read more versions of Jesus's life and teaching from his disciples writings, then go on and read the books of Luke and John too.

I challenge anyone who is here reading or commenting, but who has never read the gospels -- to do so, and soon! It is free and readily available right at the links above!

Then, after you have read, ask yourself - do I personally need to make a decision about Jesus or not? Do I think he told the truth or not? Do I think he embodied the true Spirit of God? Or do I think these stories are all made up? Should I follow him or not?

That's really all that matters. It's not what every other Christian thinks or what the majority of Christians think. The teachings of Jesus will clearly show that to you.

And it's your decision.

I am not offended if you choose to read or hear the gospel message and do not accept it. I am saddened because I believe that you may be missing out on a great peace and fulfillment in your life - but I do not judge you for it or condemn you for it. It is not my place to do that. After all, one of the teachings of Jesus is "“Do not judge, or you too will be judged." (in the book of Matthew 7:1)

So OP and others who have never read the Bible or the gospels....are you willing to read the teachings of Christ and make a decision about Him and who he was for yourselves?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12623026
United States
03/22/2012 07:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

But you have faith in all your other beliefs that you mentioned ? Weird . Also , you don't need to get involved with any people to be a Christian , I am not a member of any Church because the Churches do not teach what they should and are apostate . All you need is the Word and a relationship with God and of course to get born-again of the Spirit above . I think the Commandments scare a lot of people too and that is the main reason why they rail against Christianity and the Bible , they are afraid of having to change their lives , change scares a lot of people .
Reiz  (OP)

Canada
03/22/2012 07:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

I believe you are confused. Why post a thread about the bible being inaccurate and than argue about men?

Because humans are the ones following the bible. Therefore human psychology takes over. And then I get to observe what people do. What you do will show what you truly believe.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13016854
United States
03/22/2012 07:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
I got this video sent to me and thought it was hilarious and probably true. I personally do not own a bible and so cannot check the citations that run along the bottom of the screen but hey if you do I'd love to hear the results.

Yeah I'm still labeling this thread as "proof" because religions in general contradict themselves all the time. Like... talking a lot about love except hating all those who disagree with them so it would not surprise me at all to find that the Bible which was patched together over something like 3000-5000 years by something like 50-100 different authors would have more than a few contradictions. That's just logical.

Bring on the bad karma, judging people on this site based on a little coloured bar in the corner is just plain ludicrous anyways.

the bible makes it clear time and again that our Creator has the same emotions as do we. where do you think we go our own? think about that. "made in His image."

there are times when one literally despises the acts of another with equal veracity as one may love for the self same reasons.
AlmustKnowe

Canada
03/22/2012 07:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Fine than lets stop arguing about whether or not the bible is accurate.

Humans will be humans, we are not perfect and we are subject to constant brainwashing and brain fucking. SOme will be more susceptible to evil and some will be more susceptible to good. Depending on their alignment they will interpret things differently.

Some men will try to be good and stick to their faith but will as you say abandon the beliefs that don't suit their current situation. On the other hand some will hold steadfast to their beliefs even in the face of persecution.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3632012
United States
03/22/2012 07:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bible scholars have recognized for a long time that the bible contains errors and contradictions. And why not, since both the OT and NT were cobbled together from many sources over many years.

There will always be folks who declare biblical inerrancy, but really, the bible just doesn't pass the smell test.
Reiz  (OP)

Canada
03/22/2012 07:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

But you have faith in all your other beliefs that you mentioned ? Weird . Also , you don't need to get involved with any people to be a Christian , I am not a member of any Church because the Churches do not teach what they should and are apostate . All you need is the Word and a relationship with God and of course to get born-again of the Spirit above . I think the Commandments scare a lot of people too and that is the main reason why they rail against Christianity and the Bible , they are afraid of having to change their lives , change scares a lot of people .
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12623026

Well yeah basically. If I were to give a very rough estimate based on my own observations I'd say there's about a 75-25 split between the people who are just [insert religion here] because it makes them feel superior to others and gives them a sense of self confidence and the people who are truly the goodness that they talk about. And its a spectrum thing so I'm not saying that is just those two groups. However it does seem very slanted in the persecutory, hateful, gay bashing, woman owning direction.

Because of that I have the belief that if you actually call yourself a [insert belief here] ten you're probably not a real one. And if you are a real one, you should stop calling yourself that label because you would probably not want to associate yourself with those people anyways.

That's why these videos and this discussion is here. The christians acted out in them are the types of christians that are just there to feel superior.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3578829
Canada
03/22/2012 07:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey Op..

Not sure what to tell you.

I think anybody that claims that Jesus is Lord today can be seen as a crazy person. It'll either be day or a testament of a miracle.

Would you agree that, in your opinion, it has to be "out of this world" for someone to claim Jesus as Lord?

Because I know how absurd it can be. I don't know what to say. Maybe the cliche, God loves you. I'm not sure. Keep studying the bible and you can look for contradictions if you want.

1Cor 12:3
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Anyways.. cheerio nice thread lots of effort.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12623026
United States
03/22/2012 07:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12623026

Well yeah basically. If I were to give a very rough estimate based on my own observations I'd say there's about a 75-25 split between the people who are just [insert religion here] because it makes them feel superior to others and gives them a sense of self confidence and the people who are truly the goodness that they talk about. And its a spectrum thing so I'm not saying that is just those two groups. However it does seem very slanted in the persecutory, hateful, gay bashing, woman owning direction.

Because of that I have the belief that if you actually call yourself a [insert belief here] ten you're probably not a real one. And if you are a real one, you should stop calling yourself that label because you would probably not want to associate yourself with those people anyways.

That's why these videos and this discussion is here. The christians acted out in them are the types of christians that are just there to feel superior.

Or maybe it shows that they are very passionate about their beliefs and don't like seeing people lie and slander them .

GLP