rofl Guess not...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22379963
United States
08/24/2012 09:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: The field of HUMAN INTERACTION
Two or more people collaborating to create something together with cooperative awareness. They will move back and forth without dominance and submission cues in order to focus their energy on the creation. There's no competition within it, it's temporarily put to the side so they can use each other symbiotically with full disclosure of the energy exchanged... even subconsciously. The communicate is equals if in parallel fields. Just as all the fundamental forces or influences work together, like a organically internally choreographed dance.
 Quoting: Bea Nameless

Awesome post Bea...it really does make me wonder what people could do if they could just get to it already...instead we get hung up on the little stuff...
anabel

User ID: 16007817
United States
08/24/2012 09:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Interaction defined:
Physics Any of four fundamental ways in which elementary particles and bodies can influence each other, classified as strong, weak, electromagnetic, and gravitational.

[link to www.thefreedictionary.com]
 Quoting: ArunaLuna
i like that. life is messy, but there are things that do stuff, and like make lemonade out of lemons. actually it is the people that "do stuff"... hf
howdy
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/24/2012 09:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why does it only take one or two dumb asses to fuck up a thread...damn people if ya don't like the thread then go find one that tweeks your senses.... I can't hardly stand to hang around GLP anymore due to all the fucking small minded idiots that hang out here....
 Quoting: <<LOOK`n thru YOU>>

Glp is really kinda like an oracle in and of itself...lol

Thread: You can focus on all this temporary drama..

Or you can focus on listening to your own heart, which will remind you why you exist in the first place..

Even if you haven't listened for a long, long time, it doesn't matter. The message will still be there.
 Quoting: Celia D.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15788170
United States
08/24/2012 09:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Two or more people collaborating to create something together with cooperative awareness. They will move back and forth without dominance and submission cues in order to focus their energy on the creation. There's no competition within it, it's temporarily put to the side so they can use each other symbiotically with full disclosure of the energy exchanged... even subconsciously. The communicate as equals if in parallel fields. Just as all the fundamental forces or influences work together, like a organically internally choreographed dance.

Awesome post Bea...it really does make me wonder what people could do if they could just get to it already...instead we get hung up on the little stuff...

I see some getting pissy about egos. We all have one, yet we deny then project ours and then become taken aback when someone else does the same. I don't think ego is "bad", we're not zen masters, we're human, all of us. There needs to me more "I'm ok, you're ok" within us. That's the one model that seems to work best. No one lording, no one submitting or playing those sides against the other. We all have different approaches, talents and skills to offer that balance and complement others. We're built for cooperation. (And I'm not deriding healthy competition that spurs innovation and new ideas, just the kind that uses force and aggression.)
Rayrayz

User ID: 951476
United States
08/24/2012 09:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Two or more people collaborating to create something together with cooperative awareness. They will move back and forth without dominance and submission cues in order to focus their energy on the creation. There's no competition within it, it's temporarily put to the side so they can use each other symbiotically with full disclosure of the energy exchanged... even subconsciously. The communicate as equals if in parallel fields. Just as all the fundamental forces or influences work together, like a organically internally choreographed dance.

I see some getting pissy about egos. We all have one, yet we deny then project ours and then become taken aback when someone else does the same. I don't think ego is "bad", we're not zen masters, we're human, all of us. There needs to me more "I'm ok, you're ok" within us. That's the one model that seems to work best. Not one lording, no one submitting or playing those sides against the other. We all have different approaches, talents and skills to offer that balance and complement others. We're built for cooperation. (And I'm not deriding healthy competition that spurs innovation and new ideas, just the kind that uses force and aggression.)

I slightly disagree.

Defending yourself and counter attacking is not a sign of an over inflated ego.

Constantly talking about yourself and how profound your ideas/theories/experiences/dreams are is a much bigger sign of an egotistical blowhard...imo.

don't quote that^^^
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/24/2012 09:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
No, Rayrayz, you misunderstand. I'm talking about those who would tear down ego! I think a healthy ego is important both in me and people around me. It's where we get our balls, so to speak. Our confidence in our own ability emanates from that part of us. The trick is having your cake and letting others have their cake, too. I love people who say I'm awesome and so are you :) (Edited to add: the grandiosity factor would diminish if those who see the ego as da' ebil didn't attack those who don't. Antagonism creates extremes.)
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/24/2012 10:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm of the "ego should be kept healthy and not dead" philosophy myself...it serves a purpose...and I don't think killing it off is the reason for it.
Rayrayz

United States
08/24/2012 10:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
To address both of your posts:

Yes, "destroying the ego" is some convoluted new age psycho babble. It's impossible.

The believers in that philosophy are the most self absorbed of the bunch.

Typical adherents to that philosophy will most likely be a condescending douche bag.

They will state something in absolute certainty and if you disagree, they will say something like, "You fear it" or assume you are some neolithic caveman because you don't 'dig' their 'world view'.

Most of them are even bigger sheeple follower drones than the "Joe six packs" and "Suzie soccer moms".
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22210347
United States
08/24/2012 10:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
From my Guru Eckhart (because he says it so much better than me):

"If you identify with a mental position, then if you are wrong, your mind-based sense of self is seriously threatened with annihilation. So you as the ego cannot afford to be wrong. To be wrong is to die. Wars have been fought over this, and countless relationships have broken down."

And

"The moment you become aware of the ego in you, it is strictly speaking no longer the ego, but just an old, conditioned mind-pattern. Ego implies unawareness. Awareness and ego cannot coexist."

:pinklotus:
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/24/2012 10:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yes, "destroying the ego" is some convoluted new age psycho babble. It's impossible.

Typical adherents to that philosophy will most likely be a condescending douche bag.

They will state something in absolute certainty and if you disagree, they will say something like, "You fear it" or assume you are some neolithic caveman because you don't 'dig' their 'world view'.

Most of them are even bigger sheeple follower drones than the "Joe six packs" and "Suzie soccer moms".
 Quoting: Rayrayz

Not 'destroying the ego' but knowing - and being able to recognize and shut it down when it's taking over. :)
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/24/2012 10:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Healthy ego functions as a temporary social mask that allows confidence, self assertion and humor to flow. A healthy ego changes without dissonance to match new information, it doesn't push it back without considering. A healthy ego isn't a threat to self or others, but a useful filter that serves as a vehicle of free expression. The healthy ego laughs at itself and laughs with others. Killing it would be tantamount to tearing off an arm or slicing and dicing parts of yourself. I don't see value in killing your ego, but then all force is abhorrent to me. I'd rather make friends with mine, give it a hug. It seems a more productive and positive path.
Rayrayz

United States
08/24/2012 10:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

Not 'destroying the ego' but knowing - and being able to recognize and shut it down when it's taking over. :)
 Quoting: Sloane

Which I definitely do...but that didn't come from some "guru"...Mostly from upbringing and life experiences.

Not sure why people need "gurus" to tell them the basic fundamentals to being a good person.

Should be instinctual...and if it's not, then yeah...you might need a guru.

Don't assume everyone does though.

That comes across as drone-like and weird to your average moral/well adjusted person.

Just sayin'.
Rayrayz

United States
08/24/2012 10:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
The guru reference in the post above.

From my Guru Eckhart (because he says it so much better than me):

"If you identify with a mental position, then if you are wrong, your mind-based sense of self is seriously threatened with annihilation. So you as the ego cannot afford to be wrong. To be wrong is to die. Wars have been fought over this, and countless relationships have broken down."

And

"The moment you become aware of the ego in you, it is strictly speaking no longer the ego, but just an old, conditioned mind-pattern. Ego implies unawareness. Awareness and ego cannot coexist."

:pinklotus:
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/24/2012 10:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

Which I definitely do...but that didn't come from some "guru"...Mostly from upbringing and life experiences.

Not sure why people need "gurus" to tell them the basic fundamentals to being a good person.

That comes across as drone-like and weird to your average moral/well adjusted person.

Just sayin'.

Ha! It's not about 'needing' a guru - I think I was born a good person, he is just someone who hits home with me and is more articulate. We are not all blessed with being able to put our thoughts into words so precisely. hf
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/24/2012 10:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't get the guru thing either. I'll own a bias, I see "guru" and I think ahh, someone who needed a title and reverence to share wisdom. I have no desire for a guru nor to be one. I guess I just can't wrap my head around the idea. It does seem ironic for one to speak of destroying ego while wearing a title that sets them above those they seek to enlighten.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/24/2012 10:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Healthy ego functions as a temporary social mask that allows confidence, self assertion and humor to flow. A healthy ego changes without dissonance to match new information, it doesn't push it back without considering. A healthy ego isn't a threat to self or others, but a useful filter that serves as a vehicle of free expression. The healthy ego laughs at itself and laughs with others. Killing it would be tantamount to tearing off an arm or slicing and dicing parts of yourself. I don't see value in killing your ego, but then all force is abhorrent to me. I'd rather make friends with mine, give it a hug. It seems a more productive and positive path.

Nicely said. I guess I was thinking about the ego in negative terms.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/24/2012 10:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't get the guru thing either. I'll own a bias, I see "guru" and I think ahh, someone who needed a title and reverence to share wisdom. I have no desire for a guru nor to be one. I guess I just can't wrap my head around the idea. It does seem ironic for one to speak of destroying ego while wearing a title that sets them above those they seek to enlighten.

Well Eckhart certainly doesn't call himself a guru. I just like to call someone that whose thoughts I respect and have helped me through hard times. You know what I mean?
Rayrayz

United States
08/24/2012 10:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

Just sayin'.

Ha! It's not about 'needing' a guru - I think I was born a good person, he is just someone who hits home with me and is more articulate. We are not all blessed with being able to put our thoughts into words so precisely. hf

Fair enough...

I just can't relate to following some dude like a loyal lap dog...Against my nature.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/24/2012 10:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

Nicely said. I guess I was thinking about the ego in negative terms.

Range and spectrum. There's negative and positive connotations within every concept. Part of what I'm working on is breaking duality by recognizing the range and spectrum of emotions, concepts and ideas instead of cultivating a good/bad mentality. It's not the tool given, but the way the tool is used. :)
Rayrayz

United States
08/24/2012 10:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah exactly...Completely ridiculous.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/24/2012 10:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well Eckhart certainly doesn't call himself a guru. I just like to call someone that whose thoughts I respect and have helped me through hard times. You know what I mean?

It does. That makes me feel a bit better. Like I said, I own my internal bias against perceived authority. I find the trigger for that came from watching my local police department get busted by the DEA at the airport when I was around nine. It scarred me for life, lmao.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/24/2012 10:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

Just sayin'.

Fair enough...

I just can't relate to following some dude like a loyal lap dog...Against my nature.

Where is that AHHHHHH smiley with the crazy guy running through. If you knew me you'd never call me a loyal lap dog. Namecaller! haha.
Rayrayz

United States
08/24/2012 10:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

Just sayin'.

Fair enough...

Where is that AHHHHHH smiley with the crazy guy running through. If you knew me you'd never call me a loyal lap dog. Namecaller! haha.

K, sorry.

You left me a sweet Karma comment...I was really just ranting because it's German beer night.

Really though, I wasn't that bad. I can get wayyy more offensive...lol

I don't 'judge' your lifestyle or beliefs. To each their own my friend. That's really my fundamental philosophy.
Rayrayz

United States
08/24/2012 11:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sloan, can you give me some positive feed back so I don't feel like a dirtbag?

thanks...
Rayrayz

United States
08/24/2012 11:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well now I feel terrible...

sad
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/24/2012 11:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
You're not a dirtbag Ray...

hugs
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22535650
Canada
08/24/2012 11:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/24/2012 11:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sloan, can you give me some positive feed back so I don't feel like a dirtbag?

thanks...

Oh Ray Ray (easier for me to say) - only positive feedback - I like how you put your thoughts out there and challenge. You make me smile actually!

:LuvIt2:
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/24/2012 11:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
p.s. I was busy posting on the lovesongs thread - it's so nice. My fave for tonight is Jim Croce:

GLP