Lady Jane SmithModerator
Forum Administrator

User ID: 6718122
United States
04/09/2012 11:52 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: *** The Walking Dead Season 3 Official Thread! ***
this has been bugging the shit outta me.......

in the S2 finaly, they met up on the road, a post apocalypse gas staion if you will, and they didnt refuel, then ran out of gas an hour down the road. they DO NOT deserve to live.
 Quoting: theCOOCH

So you really think the gas stations wouldn't be emptied in the first 48 hours of the ZA?

And if they weren't, you do know that the pumps are electric, and the grid is down, right?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13848707

Also gasoline deterioates after about 6 months unless treated with extenders. The only fuel/cars i would want at this point would be diesel.

Have you ever forgot to drain the fuel from a lawnmower at the end of a season just to find a gummmed up mess come Springtime?
 Quoting: Lady Jane Smith

i see you learned all you know from internet forums like this one. i and any other gear head have started vehicles that have sat for YEARS, like 20 YEARS and still run on the gas in the tank.

oxygen oxidates gas, no oxygen no bad gas. gas engines can also burn kerosene, alcohol, propane, wood gas, and "d-gas" which is 50/50 gas and diesel.

20 year old gasoline is another story. We have ethanol laced gasoline now & that crap turns to sugar syrup after a while.

OBTW, do not be such an ass when responding. Never mind, you do call yourself a "cooch"; that says it all.

:Toilet paper spi:

Last Edited by LJS on 04/09/2012 11:53 AM
Fate whispers to the warrior

"You cannot withstand the storm"

the warrior whispers back

"I am the storm"

INTJ-A

Killer Bunny
theCOOCH

User ID: 14091065
United States
04/09/2012 10:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

So you really think the gas stations wouldn't be emptied in the first 48 hours of the ZA?

And if they weren't, you do know that the pumps are electric, and the grid is down, right?

Also gasoline deterioates after about 6 months unless treated with extenders. The only fuel/cars i would want at this point would be diesel.

Have you ever forgot to drain the fuel from a lawnmower at the end of a season just to find a gummmed up mess come Springtime?

i see you learned all you know from internet forums like this one. i and any other gear head have started vehicles that have sat for YEARS, like 20 YEARS and still run on the gas in the tank.

oxygen oxidates gas, no oxygen no bad gas. gas engines can also burn kerosene, alcohol, propane, wood gas, and "d-gas" which is 50/50 gas and diesel.

20 year old gasoline is another story. We have ethanol laced gasoline now & that crap turns to sugar syrup after a while.

no, it doesnt
SLAM THAT CLAM
Walkers Everywhere
User ID: 14053848
United States
04/09/2012 10:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

OBTW, do not be such an ass when responding. Never mind, you do call yourself a "cooch"; that says it all.

Jane, if I was still "me", I'd ban him again.
But as you know, this forum is not what it appears to be, and I don't play the game any longer, so I have surrendered my banning powers :-)

btw, just got a great Damascus Wakazashi. Musashi would be proud ;-)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14053848
United States
04/09/2012 10:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
spoiler alert: by the end of season 3 everyone is dead except rick and carl.

1) You have no clue, because the show does not follow the comic.

2) Nobody asked.

3) You go on and on about how you don't like the show, and just now tried to ruin it for fans.

Why don't you go watch American Idol or something more your speed, eh? And just leave this thread.
 Quoting: The Governor 13960364

i love the show, and anything zombie

Your posts indicate otherwise.

Go away. We will all be happier.
Sleeping Giant

User ID: 13903512
United States
04/09/2012 10:33 PM

Report Abusive Post
Season 3 premiers October 2012 (no date yet):
While fans will have to stay tuned for a specific Season 3 premiere date from AMC, it is worth noting that Season 1 of “The Walking Dead” premiered on October 31, 2010 while Season 2 premiered on October 16, 2011. That should give fans a pretty solid gauge regarding when it will be back again.

Season 3 has been green-lit for 16 episodes, up from season 2's 13 and season 1's 6 episodes.
 Quoting: The Governor 13848707

16 episodes! 5a

Nice to see you.rockon
 Quoting: Carol B.

hugs

Hey babe!

I cannot be killed by conventional means...

chuckle
Wake up, oh sleeper, and rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you
theCOOCH

User ID: 14091457
United States
04/09/2012 10:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
spoiler alert: by the end of season 3 everyone is dead except rick and carl.

1) You have no clue, because the show does not follow the comic.

2) Nobody asked.

3) You go on and on about how you don't like the show, and just now tried to ruin it for fans.

Why don't you go watch American Idol or something more your speed, eh? And just leave this thread.
 Quoting: The Governor 13960364

i love the show, and anything zombie

Your posts indicate otherwise.

Go away. We will all be happier.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14053848

wtf are you talking about?! cuz it bothers me that the characters are retards with no survival skills or common sense? i still like the show and have read the comic
SLAM THAT CLAM
Lady Jane SmithModerator
Forum Administrator

United States
04/10/2012 07:37 AM

Report Abusive Post

Jane, if I was still "me", I'd ban him again.
But as you know, this forum is not what it appears to be, and I don't play the game any longer, so I have surrendered my banning powers :-)

btw, just got a great Damascus Wakazashi. Musashi would be proud ;-)
 Quoting: Walkers Everywhere 14053848

hf

Wish you would return. Life on GLP is far more interesting with you around.

As far as The Cooch goes:

Jack Ass AC

"I am the storm"

INTJ-A

Killer Bunny
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 532994
Germany
04/10/2012 08:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
I would have grabbed a couple of those army tanks at the CDC, or in Atlanta.

Siphon fuel along the way, as needed.

Those fuckers ain't getting into a tank.
Anonymous Coward
Germany
04/10/2012 08:18 AM
Report Abusive Post

in the S2 finaly, they met up on the road, a post apocalypse gas staion if you will, and they didnt refuel, then ran out of gas an hour down the road. they DO NOT deserve to live.

One can get gas/diesel from a gas station without power.I worked in one. You just have to know how.
theCOOCH

User ID: 14108269
United States
04/10/2012 10:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

One can get gas/diesel from a gas station without power.I worked in one. You just have to know how.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 532994

dont tell them, these are the people that will die in the first 24 hours.

powers out honey lets go to the FEMA camp for safetey!
SLAM THAT CLAM
Anonymous Coward
Germany
04/10/2012 10:58 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 532994

dont tell them, these are the people that will die in the first 24 hours.

powers out honey lets go to the FEMA camp for safetey!

lmao
Embabe25
User ID: 3007846
United Kingdom
04/10/2012 12:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Lady Jane my arse is gonna be making buttons everytime I reach for the TP!

I would like to read the comic of TWD but after doing a search on Ebay and Amazon I'm bombarded with loads of versions of the comic. What one is it and wheres the best place to get it. Saw a compendium on amazon but they wanted £100!

xx em xx
theCOOCH

United States
04/10/2012 12:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

I would like to read the comic of TWD but after doing a search on Ebay and Amazon I'm bombarded with loads of versions of the comic. What one is it and wheres the best place to get it. Saw a compendium on amazon but they wanted £100!

xx em xx
 Quoting: Embabe25 3007846

i got the compendium for like $13 on amazon
SLAM THAT CLAM
Embabe25
User ID: 3007846
United Kingdom
04/10/2012 12:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

xx em xx

i got the compendium for like $13 on amazon

Just checked the US Amazon compendium is about $40 £30 in the UK

The Omnibus is £200 new in the UK and $350 in the US!

Wish I'd known about them before they were televised!

xx em xx
Lady Jane SmithModerator
Forum Administrator

United States
04/10/2012 02:52 PM

Report Abusive Post

xx em xx

I have not read the comic but OP may be able to give a good lead on a place to purchase.

EBAY is a possibility, but with the popularity of the show, people may bid them up a bit.

Last Edited by LJS on 04/10/2012 02:53 PM

"I am the storm"

INTJ-A

Killer Bunny
SOFA-KING-COOL

United States
04/10/2012 03:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
i wouldnt even bother with the books, its not any better than the TV show. everybody dies like an idiot, turning thier backs on dark doorways and shit just begging a zombie to reach out and grab them.

its like harry potter, its mediocre at best but the market is starving for material so it gets gobbled up like it was greatness.
SLAM THAT CLAM
Lady Jane SmithModerator
Forum Administrator

United States
04/10/2012 06:38 PM

Report Abusive Post
i wouldnt even bother with the books, its not any better than the TV show. everybody dies like an idiot, turning thier backs on dark doorways and shit just begging a zombie to reach out and grab them.

its like harry potter, its mediocre at best but the market is starving for material so it gets gobbled up like it was greatness.
 Quoting: SOFA-KING-COOL

Do share some of your screenwriting expertise with us.

Any copyrights?

"I am the storm"

INTJ-A

Killer Bunny
Evan03

User ID: 9873825
United States
04/10/2012 06:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

Any copyrights?

The comics are awesome. especially if you're a fan of the show!
Life is tough, but its tougher when you're stupid. -john wayne

Truth is the new hate speech in our age of absurdity-Ted Nougat

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupid.
Lady Jane SmithModerator
Forum Administrator

United States
04/10/2012 06:53 PM

Report Abusive Post

Any copyrights?

Quoting: Evan03

I do not want to read them & watch the show. It will only annoy me when they digress from the comic even though I know such artistic license is typical & to be expected.

Besides, am having fun trying to predict what the writers will do next to maintian the combination of conflict & action, while developing characters.

"I am the storm"

INTJ-A

Killer Bunny
Evan03

United States
04/10/2012 07:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

Any copyrights?

I do not want to read them & watch the show. It will only annoy me when they digress from the comic even though I know such artistic license is typical & to be expected.

Besides, am having fun trying to predict what the writers will do next to maintian the combination of conflict & action, while developing characters.

I understand that. When the series ends, you should check out the comics. They are a lot different from the series, which I like because it's a whole different adventure.

Lady Jane SmithModerator
Forum Administrator

United States
04/10/2012 07:05 PM

Report Abusive Post

Any copyrights?

I understand that. When the series ends, you should check out the comics. They are a lot different from the series, which I like because it's a whole different adventure.

hf

"I am the storm"

INTJ-A

Killer Bunny
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12327867
Canada
04/10/2012 07:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
I tried this show because so many people were so excited about it. After the 5th episode I quit.

I don't get it. 1dunno1
 Quoting: Psych

You must be someone who hate soap opera with pregnancy stuff and girl talk!cruise
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 659779
Puerto Rico
04/11/2012 12:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
SENOIA, Ga -- It's pretty clear that zombies like the state of Georgia. If you watch "The Walking Dead" you have seen several Georgia locations where the popular television series was shot.

Now it appears that season three of the AMC hit will be shot here too. One Georgia City with a Hollywood-like reputation will benefit most. The city of Senoia has been told by the show's location manager that most of the upcoming season will be shot there.

The city's Main Street will be the main set for when the show starts shooting on May 31, 2012. Cast and crew could be in Senoia until November. "We've gotten used to how to direct traffic, how to deal with businesses," the city's Director of Downtown Development Scott Tigchelaar said.

Imagine downtown Senoia as the center of a walled city, a sanctuary from a zombie apocalypse. That's the only hint city officials have been given about what will take place in Senoia.

If you walk down Main Street and look down at the sidewalk your steps are marked by plaques of some of the dozen or so movie and television projects that have been filmed here.

Some of the more popular films are Driving Miss Daisy, Fried Green Tomatoes, Andersonville, Sweet Home Alabama, Broken Bridges and Footloose.

Tigchelaar said Senoia's commitment to these projects has helped it get through a tough economy, unlike other Georgia cities and towns. "Probably the last five or six years have been the toughest economy any of us have ever seen," he said. "We've gone from six businesses on Main Street to 45 businesses on Main Street."

Gail Downs owns Gail's Antiques. Her store is littered with mementos of the stars who have visited her shop. She said the Hollywood invasion of Senoia has been good for business. "Especially in the antiques business because we have a lot of people that come in when they're filming the movies and they're looking for props," she said.

She's looking forward to the summer shoot. "It's going to be huge and bring lots and lots of people," she said.

Parts of the first two seasons of "The Walking Dead" were shot in Senoia. Mike Riley, the shows location manager told city council members, "Senoia will be a major set for next season."
Evan03

United States
04/13/2012 04:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Is it October yet??

Carol B.

User ID: 1265827
United States
04/14/2012 11:06 AM

Report Abusive Post
Is it October yet??

**I know!** It's going to be a looong summer!
Prayer.....the world's first wireless connection.
NUTRAMAC

User ID: 14385345
United States
04/14/2012 11:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
bunkerboy

NFDGHGLS
One of the biggest tragedies of human civilization is the precedence of chemical therapy over nutrition. It's the substitution of artificial therapy over natural, of poisons over food, in which we are feeding people poisons trying to correct the reactions of starvation." Dr. Royal Lee, 1935
3°Degree

User ID: 1619616
Netherlands
04/14/2012 11:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
I can't wait! From all I have heard and seen, season 3 will be the best yet.

^ This ^

applause2

WRONG!!!!!!

season 3= all people on people zombies become a secondary storyline.

its recycled garbage. its gonna be like the new day of the dead movie, all people and no zombies.

Damn you are an annoying little douche arnt you.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"
Oh Kay

User ID: 14258284
United States
04/14/2012 11:51 AM
Report Abusive Post

They had been at this location before, remember them searching the cars. They had already picked this site over for anything useful.
SOFA-KING-COOL

User ID: 2862220
United States
04/15/2012 09:33 AM
Report Abusive Post

They had been at this location before, remember them searching the cars. They had already picked this site over for anything useful.
 Quoting: Oh Kay

omg some of you guys are nothing but zombie food. theres a shit load of cars jammed up there, that means LOTS of gasoline ya dig?
SLAM THAT CLAM
Carol B.

User ID: 1265827
United States
04/15/2012 01:12 PM

Report Abusive Post
Another Sunday....no Walking Dead...**sigh**
Prayer.....the world's first wireless connection.

GLP