Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,705 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 577,407
Pageviews Today: 753,260Threads Today: 225Posts Today: 3,047
06:40 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Why Drugs cannot provide Spiritual experience (Was: Real Reason Legalizing Drugs)

William_the_Bloody
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 13296964
United States
04/07/2012 01:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Why Drugs cannot provide Spiritual experience (Was: Real Reason Legalizing Drugs)
By definition, spirituality is SPIRITIUAL. It has nothing to do with physical objects in the material world. It is not a vapor released from a plant or a chemical released in digestion that starts tweaking your brain's pleasure receptors.

REAL Spirituality is experienced by spiritual discipline, there are no shortcuts.

Oh sure, there are shortcuts that will take you into some pretty fantastic areas of demonic deception and if it's lies your after than go for it...

But the real stuff is hard work, devotion, piety, sacrifice and humility.

Like everything else in this world, there's the real thing that almost no one ever finds, and there's the counterfeit that is widely available.
William_the_Bloody  (OP)

United States
04/07/2012 01:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Why Drugs cannot provide Spiritual experience (Was: Real Reason Legalizing Drugs)
To add:

Picking the thread up from here, where OP became so threatened by my counter-arguments that she proclaimed me a troll and banned me from her thread

Thread: Real Reason Elites Intend to Legalize Some Drugs? (Page 2)

Last Edited by William_the_Bloody on 04/07/2012 01:32 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1551413
United States
04/07/2012 01:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Why Drugs cannot provide Spiritual experience (Was: Real Reason Legalizing Drugs)
Tell that to all the if not EVERY shame through out history....those shamans Do what before trancing into a spiritual realm? Smoke some dank ass herb or Get HIGH AS HELL on some type of plant..
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/07/2012 01:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
be it the amazon or the middle of the desert in africa they GET HIGH then go all voodoo spiritual. so OK...Btw i do believe in the spiritual realm but most spiritualists do consume so crazy amounts of DMT before beginning a TRIP into the spirit realm
William_the_Bloody  (OP)

United States
04/07/2012 01:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
be it the amazon or the middle of the desert in africa they GET HIGH then go all voodoo spiritual. so OK...Btw i do believe in the spiritual realm but most spiritualists do consume so crazy amounts of DMT before beginning a TRIP into the spirit realm
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1551413

Anyone can do DMT and get into the Spirit Realm, including Shamans...the question remains: Where are they going within the spirit realm?

Take the Aztecs/Mayans/Central American types...many of these cultures ended up doing Human Sacrifices at the guidence of their Shamans who were on DMT trips.

See where I'm going with this?

Drugs are shortcuts through bad neighborhoods.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/07/2012 01:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
kinda just oxy moroned yourself dude
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7659486
Australia
04/07/2012 01:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
This one of the dumbest threads/notions I've ever seen posted on GLP.
William_the_Bloody  (OP)

United States
04/07/2012 01:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
So, counterfeit and deceptive spiritual experience is cool with you people?

Just checking.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13860815
Portugal
04/07/2012 01:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Someone thinks he is enlightened...
Anonymous Coward
Australia
04/07/2012 01:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
So, counterfeit and deceptive spiritual experience is cool with you people?

Just checking.
 Quoting: William_the_Bloody

What the fuck is wrong with you??
Anonymous Coward
Australia
04/07/2012 01:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Someone thinks he is enlightened...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13860815

Yeah, his way or the highway.

Like some kind of spiritual bigot.

I'm not even going to bother trying to argue with this one.
William_the_Bloody  (OP)

United States
04/07/2012 01:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7659486

Finally, an intelligent response. Well done.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4364407
United States
04/07/2012 01:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
The root word of pharmacy is sorcery
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12244660
United States
04/07/2012 02:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

Finally, an intelligent response. Well done.

OP, you're a fucking loon and you don't know what you're talking about.

I bet you also had a brother die of a "weed overdose", right?

propoganda
William_the_Bloody  (OP)

United States
04/07/2012 02:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

propoganda
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12244660

I'm not the one resorting to frothing-at-the-mouth vulgarity and so forth. So far, you haven't countered with anything.

Maybe you're high right now?
SecretsoftheUniverse

User ID: 1534886
United States
04/07/2012 02:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
careful with your judgements.

they often come back to bite you.
The Spiral is the Answer.

secretsoftheuniverse314.blogspot.com
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7242673
United Kingdom
04/07/2012 02:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Drugs can provide a glimpse into what is there, but they do not produce Enlightenment. They are useful tools to get a wider perspective and pose yourself new questions that need a life change to answer. BUT.. they are not supposed to be used over and over again, a handful of times is enough to get the message.

Tool. Not solution.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12269085
United States
04/07/2012 02:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
By definition, spirituality is SPIRITIUAL. It has nothing to do with physical objects in the material world. It is not a vapor released from a plant or a chemical released in digestion that starts tweaking your brain's pleasure receptors.

REAL Spirituality is experienced by spiritual discipline, there are no shortcuts.

Oh sure, there are shortcuts that will take you into some pretty fantastic areas of demonic deception and if it's lies your after than go for it...

But the real stuff is hard work, devotion, piety, sacrifice and humility.

Like everything else in this world, there's the real thing that almost no one ever finds, and there's the counterfeit that is widely available.

It is all part of the one experience of creation/All That Is. I too would say that psychedelics (or any other mind altering drug) cannot bestow "spirituality", whatever that means to you. Psychedelics will offer new pathways of experience though.

In fact, it is probably true for many people, that the lessons they need to learn, will be endured without any kind resort to psychedelics. Honor all paths for their potential to offer lessons. What is it that you need to experience in heeding the call of the Higher Self? Discover that reality.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/07/2012 02:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

propoganda

I'm not the one resorting to frothing-at-the-mouth vulgarity and so forth. So far, you haven't countered with anything.

I don't need to counter your argument because you don't know what you're talking about.

Because you're a fucking loon.

*mouth froths*

And so what if I was high? People who don't use drugs love to paint a picture of people on drugs being raving madmen, when this has been proven over and over to not be the case. Take for example the recent study by the National US Highway Safety Administration that proves that people who smoke Cannabis are safer drivers. That's far from frothing at the mouth.

Again, you're a fucking loon, and you don't know what you're talking about. Now if you respond with something that's scientifically accurate about your statement, such as disproving Pineal Gland activity, disproving the effects of DMT on the human brain, and disproving the God Helmet, for example, that adds credence to the belief that drugs can be a spiritual tool, then I might actually respond with something that you would call a "counter".

Now, shut up, shill.
propogandapropogandapropoganda
William_the_Bloody  (OP)

United States
04/07/2012 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Drugs can provide a glimpse into what is there, but they do not produce Enlightenment. They are useful tools to get a wider perspective and pose yourself new questions that need a life change to answer. BUT.. they are not supposed to be used over and over again, a handful of times is enough to get the message.

Tool. Not solution.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7242673

I can agree with this. It should also only be employed by someone properly prepared to use the tool safely.

Someone who goes in and gets a full ego dump may not be able to handle what they are taught...might rally back in the 100% opposite direction just to get away from it or worse, kill themselves.

However, those truly desiring a spiritual path can safely do so by practicing the timeless spiritual disiplines of fasting, meditation, prayer and so on.

Even Christ had to deal with the Devil after fasting 40 days/nights...what does Jim-Bob and Jane have to deal with just short-cutting with some street acid?

Bad times.
William_the_Bloody  (OP)

United States
04/07/2012 02:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't need to counter your argument because you don't know what you're talking about.

*mouth froths*

And so what if I was high? People who don't use drugs love to paint a picture of people on drugs being raving madmen, when this has been proven over and over to not be the case. Take for example the recent study by the National US Highway Safety Administration that proves that people who smoke Cannabis are safer drivers. That's far from frothing at the mouth.

Again, you're a fucking loon, and you don't know what you're talking about. Now if you respond with something that's scientifically accurate about your statement, such as disproving Pineal Gland activity, disproving the effects of DMT on the human brain, and disproving the God Helmet, for example, that adds credence to the belief that drugs can be a spiritual tool, then I might actually respond with something that you would call a "counter".

Now, shut up, shill.

So your argument of "I'm a better driver because I'm high" really illustrates how drugs create genuine spiritual experiences?

Pineal Gland, DMT, God Helmet...all that stuff is fine and true, but it doesn't negate the fact that the drugs don't launch you into the space you need to be in to be in a safe place Astrally. Further, the drugs make you more receptive to spiritual deception. You do not bring along your full reasoning capacity.

What am I shilling, exactly? A shill wants you to buy something.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13899516
Belarus
04/07/2012 02:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
drugs no good
Monbazillac

User ID: 8958455
Italy
04/07/2012 03:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
no need to sacrifice anything, some useless stuff must be thrown out and replaced by usefull ones = replacement for the better (change) not sacrifice (loss).

sacrifice imply suffering, hurting yourself and a lot of negative shit so stop using their fav words and be wise about the words you are using, please it's important.

if you don't work nothing will came to you, if you don't seek you will find nothing, you are the only one who can save yourself that's the real deal = to grow up into your mind, body and spirit because it's a team work.

stop poisoning yourself, respect your body.
stop dumbing yourself, nourish your mind.
stop blinding yourself, grow your spirit.

work and humility are not understood correctly too, to be humble is not to bow down like a slave and to work is about inner discipline only.

of course you are right, no shortcuts leaf boss
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/07/2012 03:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

*mouth froths*

Now, shut up, shill.

So your argument of "I'm a better driver because I'm high" really illustrates how drugs create genuine spiritual experiences?

Pineal Gland, DMT, God Helmet...all that stuff is fine and true, but it doesn't negate the fact that the drugs don't launch you into the space you need to be in to be in a safe place Astrally. Further, the drugs make you more receptive to spiritual deception. You do not bring along your full reasoning capacity.

What am I shilling, exactly? A shill wants you to buy something.

Have you taken Ayahuasca?
Have you meditated while under the effects of Cannabis?
Do you practice meditation on a daily basis?

If you did not answer yes to all of these questions then you do not know what you are talking about.

You're shilling the idea that select drugs cannot be used to reach a spiritually enlightening place, when in fact, anyone who actually does practice the very tenants of Shamanism would be able to tell you otherwise wholeheartedly.

And more importantly, one has to be ready for these types of journeys, one has to have the proper set and setting. Joe and Jane can't just take acid and expect enlightenment, but if they prepare adequately beforehand for a few weeks to months, then the drugs will do their job as tools.

Now, stap it. Shill.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4364407
United States
04/07/2012 03:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Everyone is enlightened. See: [link to www.hallvworthington.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13947866
Australia
04/07/2012 03:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

propoganda

i take more than my fair share of psychadelics and op knows exactly what he is talking about.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8334464
United Kingdom
04/07/2012 03:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
This one of the dumbest threads/notions I've ever seen posted on GLP.

clappa
William_the_Bloody  (OP)

United States
04/07/2012 03:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
You're shilling the idea that select drugs cannot be used to reach a spiritually enlightening place, when in fact, anyone who actually does practice the very tenants of Shamanism would be able to tell you otherwise wholeheartedly.

Now, stap it. Shill.

I would argue that Shaminism has led some cultures into some pretty dark, unenlightened shit that benefits Demonic Astral Entities VERY MUCH.

In fact, your overall tone and rabidness suggests you would be highly susceptible to negative Astral influence.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3194735
Canada
04/07/2012 03:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
You are clearly Anti-Marijuana by reading the last forum and this one! What problem do you have with the plant? Some people enjoy it and some don't, just like alcohol. Cannabis has been given a bad name by the media because of its medicinal purposes and is classified as a type 3 drug along side of cocaine and LSD which is absolutely insane. Cannabis is completely harmless and less destructive by far then most if not all legalized drugs. I respect your opinion to be against the plant but you don't need to try to force your opinions on other people who enjoy the plant!

Marijuana should at least be decriminalized and moved to a type 2 or type 1 drug, People who smoke once in a while are not murderers or criminals and do not belong in jail! The plant was taken a way from us because it is to easily accessible to the public, especially to take it medicinally. Please go do your research on the plant and please don't watch no stupid history channel or discovery channel crap, go watch the unbiased views of real scientists providing real scientific facts! Don't be a sheep

Drugs cant provide spiritual experiences unless your into some heavy stuff like DMT or LSD then you might see some stuff but im for sure marijuana will not provide any kind of spiritual experience!
Anonymous Coward
Australia
04/07/2012 03:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
i take more than my fair share of psychadelics
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13947866

There's your problem.

Less is more.

And it's "psychedelics".
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3194735
Canada
04/07/2012 03:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
**EDIT**

Drugs can help you reach your spiritual experience but only if you are trying to reach that experience. Someone who uses marijuana casually will not reach that experience, but someone who would smoke and then meditate and try to contact an entity will because they are calling for that and the marijuana would help to relax! But then again they could most likely do that same experience without the marijuana

GLP