Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,428 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 256,641
Pageviews Today: 419,199Threads Today: 133Posts Today: 2,405
06:04 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Come see live video of Venus, and at 9:30pm eastern, come see ISS live from the ground! 4-8-12

AstromutModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

User ID: 922113
United States
04/08/2012 05:12 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Come see live video of Venus, and at 9:30pm eastern, come see ISS live from the ground! 4-8-12
Happy easter everyone! Here's some live video of the sun:
[link to www.twitch.tv]
Not much in the way of sunspots, one at the top of the disc with some nearby faculae.

Last Edited by Astromut on 04/08/2012 07:51 PM
astrobanner2
AstromutModerator  (OP)
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
04/08/2012 05:17 PM

Report Abusive Post
Re: Come see live video of Venus, and at 9:30pm eastern, come see ISS live from the ground! 4-8-12
Thanks for the pin!
astrobanner2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11198416
Germany
04/08/2012 05:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Come see live video of Venus, and at 9:30pm eastern, come see ISS live from the ground! 4-8-12
big thx astromuthf

:robonautweight:
AstromutModerator  (OP)
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
04/08/2012 05:18 PM

Report Abusive Post
I'm going to pan around the sun and even off of it for a minute here just to show there's no "planet X" hanging out near the sun.
astrobanner2
AstromutModerator  (OP)
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
04/08/2012 05:23 PM

Report Abusive Post
Sorry about that, justin.tv got screwed up when my computer went into screen saver. Turned that off and should be good now.
astrobanner2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11828450
Canada
04/08/2012 05:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm going to pan around the sun and even off of it for a minute here just to show there's no "planet X" hanging out near the sun.
 Quoting: Astromut

But doesn't planet x become invisible when a telescope is pointed in its general direction?

1dunno1
Cat Mouth

User ID: 13800184
United States
04/08/2012 05:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
anybody want to see live video of my penis?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13216133

Hey pal..go shit in someone else's thread..not here

Astro..thanks for the live feed, will watch
:mesig432:
AstromutModerator  (OP)
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
04/08/2012 05:34 PM

Report Abusive Post
The white dot in the center here is Venus. No problem seeing it, but no sign of "planet X."
astrobanner2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13216133
United States
04/08/2012 05:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

Hey pal..go shit in someone else's thread..not here

Astro..thanks for the live feed, will watch
 Quoting: Cat Mouth

so that's a no?
AstromutModerator  (OP)
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
04/08/2012 05:40 PM

Report Abusive Post
[link to www.twitch.tv]
Not much in the way of sunspots, one at the top of the disc with some nearby faculae.

Nothing you post is believable or worth a shit...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8651556

Nice new ID#, clearly not your first post here. You knew you'd be banned for the ass hattery you just displayed and didn't want your primary IP address to get nuked. Amirite? What a jackass. Sorry, I wouldn't normally say that about anyone, but what you just did deserved it.
astrobanner2
RayGun

User ID: 2404633
United States
04/08/2012 05:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Very Nice 5*.

Thanks Astro!

Very quiet sun this cycle. I've noticed she kinda lets loose a big CME or two and goes quiet. Not a normal solar cycle. It was predicted at [link to www.landscheidt.info] .

What do you think about the planets effect on solar cycle strength? peace
iPadguy
User ID: 1435469
United States
04/08/2012 05:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
You need Flash to see this, so us iPadusers are out of luck.
Isis One

User ID: 1978809
United States
04/08/2012 05:53 PM

Report Abusive Post
Can't remember my password to chat, so back out here saying, thanks and awesome. Can you see the coronal hole down on the lower half?
Spread the word, change the collective conscious......
THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH OF EVERYTHING TO GO AROUND

When you are undisciplined, the universe is extremely forgiving and when you are disciplined, the universe is extremely generous. Me

One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight, for a very long time, of the shore. Andre Gide
[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5718753
United Kingdom
04/08/2012 05:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Planet x( niberu) it will aproach from the southern hemisphere.. The pinkish lens flares we all see, and everyone thinks is niberu, is the sun reflecting niberus colour...
Isis One

United States
04/08/2012 05:56 PM

Report Abusive Post

You must have telescope mixed up with microscope, LOL

When you are undisciplined, the universe is extremely forgiving and when you are disciplined, the universe is extremely generous. Me

One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight, for a very long time, of the shore. Andre Gide
AstromutModerator  (OP)
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
04/08/2012 05:58 PM

Report Abusive Post
Can't remember my password to chat, so back out here saying, thanks and awesome. Can you see the coronal hole down on the lower half?
 Quoting: Isis One

No, this is a white light view of the sun.
astrobanner2
Isis One

United States
04/08/2012 06:02 PM

Report Abusive Post

Thanks, also, you mentioned Venus was the white dot in an earlier post, did I miss that shot? What was the position of Venus. In about 8 weeks it will be right in between Earth and the Sun, correct? So is it visible yet in the sun's corona? Hope my question makes sense.

AstromutModerator  (OP)
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
04/08/2012 06:02 PM

Report Abusive Post
Incidentally I just did what so many planet X'ers have recently been doing; I tore open a floppy disk, put the platter in front of my cell phone camera, and took a picture of a nice filter flare right next to the sun... in other words, "planet X." It was rather amusing to see how the filter flare moves with filter itself. Being a floppy, it tends to vibrate quite easily unless you hold it tight and when I didn't hold it tight enough the flare would dance all around. I can't believe anyone with half a brain who tried this technique honestly concluded that what they were seeing was a planet next to the sun, but whatever.

As soon as the photo is approved as a smiley I'll post it and then slew the telescope to that same spot near the sun. Even though it has the same surface brightness as the sun in the cell phone camera photo, the telescope will not suffer from the same filter flare and you will not see anything there.
astrobanner2
AstromutModerator  (OP)
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
04/08/2012 06:03 PM

Report Abusive Post

Thanks, also, you mentioned Venus was the white dot in an earlier post, did I miss that shot? What was the position of Venus. In about 8 weeks it will be right in between Earth and the Sun, correct? So is it visible yet in the sun's corona? Hope my question makes sense.

In a few weeks Venus will pass in front of the sun, but it's still visible in the sky after sunset as a bright white star in the west. You can't see the corona with a white light solar filter though. You can see Venus through it though if you have a sensitive camera like this one. I think you missed it earlier but it will be in the recording.
astrobanner2
Isis One

United States
04/08/2012 06:10 PM

Report Abusive Post
Thanks again for that Astromut, wish I was there looking live-live, but this is the next best thing!

AstromutModerator  (OP)
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
04/08/2012 06:15 PM

Report Abusive Post
Incidentally I just did what so many planet X'ers have recently been doing; I tore open a floppy disk, put the platter in front of my cell phone camera, and took a picture of a nice filter flare right next to the sun... in other words, "planet X." It was rather amusing to see how the filter flare moves with filter itself. Being a floppy, it tends to vibrate quite easily unless you hold it tight and when I didn't hold it tight enough the flare would dance all around. I can't believe anyone with half a brain who tried this technique honestly concluded that what they were seeing was a planet next to the sun, but whatever.

As soon as the photo is approved as a smiley I'll post it and then slew the telescope to that same spot near the sun. Even though it has the same surface brightness as the sun in the cell phone camera photo, the telescope will not suffer from the same filter flare and you will not see anything there.

I'll change it to a smiley once it's approved, but here's the cell phone picture with the floppy disk "planet X" (filter flare):
[link to i319.photobucket.com]

Last Edited by Astromut on 04/08/2012 06:16 PM
astrobanner2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 935589
United States
04/08/2012 06:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

I've seen it. It LOOKS like a Penis, only SMALLER.
AstromutModerator  (OP)
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
04/08/2012 06:17 PM

Report Abusive Post
Now I'll slew the telescope to where "planet X" is in the floppy filtered cell phone image.
astrobanner2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 935589
United States
04/08/2012 06:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Planet x( niberu) it will aproach from the southern hemisphere.. The pinkish lens flares we all see, and everyone thinks is niberu, is the sun reflecting niberus colour...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5718753

I'm assuming you have some science to back up you "Niberu" theory?
AstromutModerator  (OP)
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
04/08/2012 06:25 PM

Report Abusive Post
No "planet X" there. If cell phones covered with floppy discs actually showed a real object next to the sun, it should have about the surface brightness of the sun and should be easily visible in this view. Yet nothing is there. This camera is also sensitive to IR light, and this solar filter passes more than enough IR light for the camera to see, so it's not that either.
astrobanner2
AstromutModerator  (OP)
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
04/08/2012 06:26 PM

Report Abusive Post
For reference, here's what the floppy disc-filtered cell phone image looked like.

floppysun1
astrobanner2
User ID: 4696606

User ID: 4696606
United States
04/08/2012 06:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
SmileyGlas
Soliloquy

User ID: 14020102
United States
04/08/2012 06:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.twitch.tv]

all i see is a BIG ball of fire!

wtf!?

hf
If it's a circle peg, into a square hole... bang harder. Sometimes in order for the blind to see, one who takes no sides has to wedge themselves right in the middle of all sides.

To whom it may concern; You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile, posts, and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student, or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this account are private and legally privileged and confidential information meant only for the ones to whom any correspondence was proffered to, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE
Soliloquy

User ID: 14020102
United States
04/08/2012 06:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
For reference, here's what the floppy disc-filtered cell phone image looked like.

floppysun1

so is that mercury or venus to the left of the sun?
If it's a circle peg, into a square hole... bang harder. Sometimes in order for the blind to see, one who takes no sides has to wedge themselves right in the middle of all sides.

To whom it may concern; You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile, posts, and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student, or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this account are private and legally privileged and confidential information meant only for the ones to whom any correspondence was proffered to, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE
AstromutModerator  (OP)
Senior Forum Moderator

United States
04/08/2012 06:36 PM

Report Abusive Post
[link to www.twitch.tv]

all i see is a BIG ball of fire!

wtf!?

hf
 Quoting: Soliloquy

It's getting harder to see the sunspot as the sun gets lower and the atmosphere gets more turbulent.
astrobanner2
ScrumpTheTexanModerator
Forum Administrator

User ID: 2691183
United States
04/08/2012 06:37 PM

Report Abusive Post
Very Nice 5*.

Thanks Astro!
 Quoting: RayGun

^This^

5stars
I am a Christian.

Christian does not equal doormat or pushover

"I Have Sworn upon the Altar of God... Eternal Hostility against every form of Tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson, Sep. 23, 1800

MedinaD

The Election of Donald John Trump: [link to www.godlikeproductions.com]

For previous Newsletters, click 'Scrump's News Letters' @ [link to www.godlikeproductions.com]

GLP