Why Israel Will Attack Iran

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12714135
Israel
04/10/2012 03:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Why Israel Will Attack Iran
"I heard arguments, rooted in Israeli history and mindset, not commonly aired in the United States, that led me to the sobering conclusion that, absent a dramatic diplomatic breakthrough, Israel will pre-emptively strike Iran before too long—even if it has to go it alone.

What I didn’t know (or had failed to consider)... are the following:"

Israel has no faith that Obama will spearhead or join with them in an attack on Iran’s nuclear installations. No American president has ever intervened militarily to prevent a Mid-east country from going nuclear. In the notable cases of Iraq and Syria, America stood by, warned the Israelis not to do it and then expressed admiration for Israel’s success.

In the perception of the Israelis, Obama acts on basis of reason, not emotion (I certainly hope so). This makes it unlikely he will intervene. Indeed, the US may be unable to do much to help if Iran turns a nuclear device over to terrorists who detonate a dirty bomb in a suitcase in downtown Tel Aviv, and leave no Iranian fingerprints.

The Jewish state was founded in 1948 because history through the millennia had taught the jewish people it was folly to rely on the good will of other people for their survival. Why should they trust Obama now just because he says “We’ve Got Israel’s Back”—whatever that means?

For Israelis, the issue is existential. The last time a madman publicly called for the “extinction” of the Jewish people in Europe, he wasn’t kidding and damn near succeeded.
The overwhelming majority of Israelis want to strike Iran, although a not insignificant number want to do it in conjunction with the United States.

The advice of the international community to temporize has been historically bad advice for Israel. As Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu reflected recently, had Ben Gurion acceded to the wishes of other countries that he delay declaring independence in 1948, there would have been no State of Israel.

A nuclear Iran in Israel’s calculus will likely trigger a nuclear arms race in the region. Someone highly placed I spoke with had just returned from India where he met with senior officials. The Indians think that if Iran goes nuclear, the Saudis (and other states in region) will most certainly buy a bomb from Pakistan.

Jordan, an Arab neighbor friendly to Israel, is already starting a “peaceful” nuclear program. What does Israel do if Jordan’s Hashemite regime is overthrown by radical elements in its Palestinian majority and joins the ranks of Israel’s nuclear enemies? Israel is already losing leverage over the Jordanians because Jordan is busily building a 325 km water pipeline from an underground aquifer near Saudi Arabia to Amaan. Once the pipeline is completed, they will be less dependent on Israel which currently supplies them with water.

Time is not working in Israel’s favor. If Israel delays an attack, the Iranian’s will have buried their reactors and plutonium reservoirs in bunkers so deep that their arsenal will have a “zone of immunity.”

Israel itself has the bomb together with an arsenal of modern weaponry, but this is hardly a cold war style deterrent. Iran may not use the bomb right away, but Israel fears the Mullahs may well use it on the way out if they are about to be overthrown in a “Persian Spring” uprising. And if this happens, is it a deterrent to Iran’s murderous Mullahs that Israel might retaliate against the very dissidents who ousted the regime? Israelis are quick to recall that Hitler stepped up the murders of the Holocaust into an orgy of killing after D-Day when it was clear that Germany would lose the war.

Jerusalem with its large Arab population is not immune from Iranian attack. Although Ron Paul suggests that Iran would never bomb the Al Aqsa mosque sacred to Muslims, Shiite books indicate that the mosque in Jerusalem is not so important to Shia as it is to Sunni Muslims. And Israelis are quick to point out that when Iran’s cat’s paw Hezbollah shelled Haifa, and Muslims died, Iran said they were “martyrs”.

Israel feels it is well prepared for eventual reprisals and howls of execration from the international community should it act against Iran. When asked what his country would do if Israel struck Iran, the foreign minister of a Gulf state was recently quoted as saying, “First we break out the Champagne, then we denounce them at the UN.”

Israel is beset with a Masada complex. If they do nothing, they fear they may not survive very much longer. If they act now, they will more probably survive or die with honor.

General Petraeus told me not so long ago, “I don’t know which is scarier—if Israel attacks Iran or if they don’t attack Iran.” Sobering stuff.

As the US and Israel ponder their course, I saw a military Boeing refueling fighter jets on maneuvers high above the Negev.
[link to www.forbes.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1557534
04/10/2012 03:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Why Israel Will Attack Iran
I hope so, then Iran can wipe Israel off the map in legal retaliation
Vlad Tepes

User ID: 4409012
Romania
04/10/2012 03:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Because you guys have reached the magic 6 million figure:

Thread: Mid-East War Imminent as Israel Reaches 6 million figure

Plans long prepared have been set in motion.
Sol Dominvs Imperi Romani
Imperium Romanum Sacrum
In Varietate Concordia
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1288297
United Kingdom
04/10/2012 03:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
My hopes and prayers for the people of Israel. May you be victorious in removing an evil entity from this worldhf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8172954
Canada
04/10/2012 03:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Get with the program buddy, the war has been cancelled due to lack of interest.banana2
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Israel
04/10/2012 03:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
My hopes and prayers for the people of Israel. May you be victorious in removing an evil entity from this worldhf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1288297

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11934995
Canada
04/10/2012 03:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13840958
Australia
04/10/2012 03:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Israel can't even stop rockets entering, how the hell are they going to stop thousands of missiles in retaliation from Iran entering Israel.

One missile strike on an Israeli nuclear plant will make Fukishima look like an insect fart.

Israel has taken far too long to do anything about it. The zionists in America expected this to be done 4-5 years ago. When it was easier for America to back Israel to the enth degree.

Now time has passed its harder and genarally people can see through the bullshit now.

Harder to pull off false flags and war crimes.

Good luck with that OP. hope you have a deep bunker
Anonymous Coward
04/10/2012 03:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: BREAKING: Iran says arrests "major terrorist group" linked to Israel
Judethz

User ID: 13496676
United Kingdom
04/10/2012 03:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
9teenflo11 BUMP
about:blank

User ID: 4415343
India
04/10/2012 03:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
I hope so, then Iran can wipe Israel off the map in legal retaliation
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1557534

Maybe the allies should have wiped Germany off the map at the end of ww2, in retaliation?
Oh...did I just mention the war? I wasn't supposed to mention the war...
Sorry
flower
The chariots of God are tens of thousands, and thousands of thousands.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1006869
United States
04/10/2012 03:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

This/\
godzilla85

User ID: 1077295
United States
04/10/2012 04:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
I hope Obama condemns them for doing what has to be done, so then it will be followed his swift kick in the ass out of the whitehouse, hey two birds with one stone per say tounge
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Israel
04/10/2012 04:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Israel can't even stop rockets entering, how the hell are they going to stop thousands of missiles in retaliation from Iran entering Israel. = Have you heard of Israels Anti Missile Shield? Here are links to a few...

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

One missile strike on an Israeli nuclear plant will make Fukishima look like an insect fart.

Israel has taken far too long to do anything about it. The zionists in America expected this to be done 4-5 years ago. When it was easier for America to back Israel to the enth degree. = Obama

Now time has passed its harder and genarally people can see through the bullshit now.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13840958
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13060707
United States
04/10/2012 04:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Zionists are retarded psychotics. Somebody tackle them.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12791372
Germany
04/10/2012 04:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Zionists are retarded psychotics. Somebody tackle them.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13060707

clappa
Anonymous Coward
04/10/2012 04:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Israel can't even stop rockets entering, how the hell are they going to stop thousands of missiles in retaliation from Iran entering Israel. = Have you heard of Israels Anti Missile Shield? Here are links to a few...

Israel has taken far too long to do anything about it. The zionists in America expected this to be done 4-5 years ago. When it was easier for America to back Israel to the enth degree. = Obama

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13840958

Quoting: ~iNTuiTioN~

cruise

You're funny.

the best bit about your fail links were the amount of US contributions running into the billions for such programs.

Can't you afford anything yourselves without US tax money.

plus these systems will fail when faced with 200,000 missiles in 7 minutes.

Like I said good luck with that.

Deluded much??
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14117487
Sweden
04/10/2012 04:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

hf

You will eat shit and die very quickly, go it alone if you have courage. Filthy lying animals.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12466749
Turkey
04/10/2012 04:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
What a bullshit thread to be pinned! Attack Iran? And you speak of peace? IRAN will not be the one who will attack first but will defend with all might!

STOP SPREADING HATE ABOUT IRAN!

The 2% nutters who scream "Down with Israel" are payed sheeples who get their yearly salary from KHAMENEI'S pocket.

Theses slogans have been for 33 years. And now you talk about spreading hate and fear from the Iran side? ISRAEL IS A TERRORIST NATION! How do you like that?
Anonymous Coward
Turkey
04/10/2012 04:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
The hate i see spreading across this world is from the Je.ws! GET OVER IT!
Vlad Tepes

User ID: 4409012
Romania
04/10/2012 04:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
plus these systems will fail when faced with 200,000 missiles in 7 minutes.

Like I said good luck with that.

Deluded much??
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1557534

Nobody is going to fire 200,000 missile in 7 minutes. That's just dumb.
Sol Dominvs Imperi Romani
Imperium Romanum Sacrum
In Varietate Concordia
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8565786
Canada
Report Abusive Post
:9teen::flo11: BUMP
 Quoting: Judethz

Jewdethz, if you love Israel so much, why don't you move there? My guess is your afraid your backside will get burnt from an Iranian rocket...

How sad whatever
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Israel
Report Abusive Post

hf

You will eat shit and die very quickly, go it alone if you have courage. Filthy lying animals.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14117487

Anonymous Coward talking!!! Whatever!!!

lmao
John
User ID: 14132162
Lebanon
04/10/2012 04:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Israel's days are in peril.
Anonymous Coward
Turkey
04/10/2012 04:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
UNPIN THIS CRAP IMMEDIATELY! bsflag
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13747981
India
04/10/2012 04:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]

A series of CIA memos describes how Israeli Mossad agents posed as American spies to recruit members of the terrorist organization Jundallah to fight their covert war against Iran.

[link to www.foreignpolicy.com]

Thread: BREAKING : U.S National Archive - Israel Manipulating US Media

Thread: BREAKING ----- AIPAC's "War With Iran" Bill Passes In US House Committee !

ISRAEL WANTS U.S. TO FIGHT THEIR WAR !

AND they are succeeding as well...

Thread: BREAKING NEWS - 9000 US TROOPS DEPLOYED TO ISRAEL!!!!! ITS ON GUYS~~!!!

BECAUSE US MEDIA BELIEVE & KNOW YOU ALL ARE SHEEPLE !

Thread: WOWS: Fox News Holiday Card: Our Sheeple AKA Viewers Are The Best!

BBC Alan Hart - Israel Mossad did 911 and Iran does not want Nukes

Israeli Mossad Training Camps In America

Israeli 911 terrorism ties FOX news report now CLASSIFIED

Cheering Israelis,Were they Tracking Hijackers pre 9/11 1/2

Cheering Israelis,Were they Tracking Hijackers pre 9/11 2/2

Part-1

Part-2

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8565786
Canada
04/10/2012 04:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: ~THE IRANIAN~

BUMP!

bsflag bsflag bsflag bsflag bsflag bsflag bsflag
SAME OL SHIT N SHILL DANCE!!
User ID: 936004
United States
04/10/2012 04:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
WITH THE SAME OLD SHITING SHILLZ

TRUE SHIT TO U SHIT SHILLZ!!!

!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1548794
United States
04/10/2012 04:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

Then you ought to do everything in your power to rid the wacko's running your country.

It's like your neighbor saying "watch your back" I'm going to come over and kick your ass!Israel has a right to protect themselves,and your statement is an oxymoron.

jerkit
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Israel
04/10/2012 04:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

What you gonna do, if they don't?! lmao
Anonymous Coward
Turkey
04/10/2012 04:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

Then you ought to do everything in your power to rid the wacko's running your country.

It's like your neighbor saying "watch your back" I'm going to come over and kick your ass!Israel has a right to protect themselves,and your statement is an oxymoron.

jerkit
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1548794

Yeah an uprising like whats happening in the mid-east and then a TPTB country like yours to occupy and get in control of us! NO FUCKEN WAY!

GLP