The hang out...

Lyttlmiss  (OP)

User ID: 16463130
United States
08/23/2012 12:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: The hang out...
Mary Clancy goes up to Father O'Grady after his Sunday morning service, and she's in tears. He says, "So what's bothering you, dear?"

She says, "Oh, Father, I've got terrible news. My husband passed away last night."

The priest says, "Oh, Mary, that's terrible. Tell me, Mary, did he have any last requests?"

She says, "That he did, Father..."

The priest says, "What did he ask, Mary?"

She says, "He said, 'Please, Mary, put down that darned gun!'"
Girl Genius

User ID: 1133676
United States
08/23/2012 04:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
So this guy shows up at our door just now. He is travelling around or perhaps just sought us out (he is interested in my husband's work in metaphysics). If I'm not mistaken, my husband invited him to pitch his tent on our property (I rolled up on this on my ATV). The guy looks like a surfer dude and is well-spoken so I guess I'm okay with it. I did remind my husband of a number of things he needed to get done around the ranch so we can put the kid to work, lol.
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed…
tiger1

User ID: 6269153
United States
08/23/2012 05:02 PM

Report Abusive Post
So this guy shows up at our door just now. He is travelling around or perhaps just sought us out (he is interested in my husband's work in metaphysics). If I'm not mistaken, my husband invited him to pitch his tent on our property (I rolled up on this on my ATV). The guy looks like a surfer dude and is well-spoken so I guess I'm okay with it. I did remind my husband of a number of things he needed to get done around the ranch so we can put the kid to work, lol.
 Quoting: Girl Genius

Be carefull of wolves in sheeps clothing.
Praise God from Whom all Blessings flow !!!
Chrit

User ID: 15366081
United States
08/23/2012 07:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: tiger1

I'm with tiger; this type of story is very familiar to me.
I'm only human, it's my biggest flaw.

We must all realize a sink a chair and a pillow are all luxuries of home and a soldiers helmet takes the place of all three.
tiger1

User ID: 77394
United States
08/23/2012 11:09 PM

Report Abusive Post
I've been okay - thanks for asking! Just dealing with a lot of little things - nothing too bad - and trying to keep my plants alive! I tend to be more involved on GLP in Winter.

Very excited about visiting my soon to be born grandchild. But I have a lot of outside and inside things that I want to do before then so it's a little stressful :)

Grandchildren are the payoff for being a parent ! You can spoil them rotten, and send them home to THEIR parents !!!
tiger1

United States
08/23/2012 11:12 PM

Report Abusive Post

I'm with tiger; this type of story is very familiar to me.
 Quoting: Chrit

Things are not always as they seem. Watch your back.
Girl Genius

United States
08/23/2012 11:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah, mo kidding - managed to steer the kid off our property by having him tag along while we ran errands then grabbing a bite and parting ways. A couple of comments he made were a little off but he seemed alright as long as he was off out ptoperty!
tiger1

United States
08/23/2012 11:55 PM

Report Abusive Post
Yeah, mo kidding - managed to steer the kid off our property by having him tag along while we ran errands then grabbing a bite and parting ways. A couple of comments he made were a little off but he seemed alright as long as he was off out ptoperty!

I feel relieved. I just had a bad feeling about this. I go by my gut instinct. This was not good.
Girl Genius

United States
08/24/2012 10:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for your concern, Tiger1 and Chrit. The kid was actually pretty innocuous but you never know. He was a slight surfer dude type with those goofy running shoes with the toes. Still, I made him follow us in his car and we drove over to a property we had in a neghboring town and mowed the lawn (I put him to work weeding, lol). Driving over to the restaurant, I said to my husband, "vegan", and sure enough he was. Still, I made it clear to my husband that we would part ways in town and under no circumstances was he coming back to the ranch.

I had to really put my foot down, but I was really annoyed that he would invite someone to camp at our ranch without conferring with me! And somebody who just shows up at your door - how weird is that? (Well, it has happened before, but still.)

Last Edited by Girl Genius on 08/24/2012 10:27 AM
Psych

User ID: 903456
Netherlands
08/24/2012 06:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Magnificent!

wisc_natureboy

User ID: 22484743
United States
08/24/2012 07:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
An elderly couple were driving across the country.
The woman was driving when she got pulled over by the highway patrol.
The officer said, "Ma'am did you know you were speeding?"

The woman, hard of hearing, turns to her husband and asks, "What did he say?"

The old man yells, "He says you were speeding!"

The patrolman says, "May I see your license?"

The woman turns to her husband and asks again, "What did he say?"

The old man yells, "He wants to see your license!"

The woman gave the officer her license.

The patrolman says, "I see you are from Arkansas. I spent some time there once and went on a blind date with the ugliest woman I've ever seen."

The woman turned to her husband and asked, "What did he say?"

And the old man yells, "He said he knows you!"
We all breathe the same air.
.-.. --- ...- . / .- .-.. .-..
tiger1

United States
08/24/2012 08:19 PM

Report Abusive Post
An elderly couple were driving across the country.
The woman was driving when she got pulled over by the highway patrol.
The officer said, "Ma'am did you know you were speeding?"

The woman, hard of hearing, turns to her husband and asks, "What did he say?"

The old man yells, "He says you were speeding!"

The patrolman says, "May I see your license?"

The woman turns to her husband and asks again, "What did he say?"

The old man yells, "He wants to see your license!"

The woman gave the officer her license.

The patrolman says, "I see you are from Arkansas. I spent some time there once and went on a blind date with the ugliest woman I've ever seen."

The woman turned to her husband and asked, "What did he say?"

And the old man yells, "He said he knows you!"
 Quoting: wisc_natureboy

LOL !!! :)
Dease

User ID: 1505901
United States
08/25/2012 01:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Magnificent!

Quoting: Psych

Psych!!! how have you been? This is amazing!
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." - Matthew 22: 37-39

"What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?" - Galatians 5: 22-23
Psych

Netherlands
08/25/2012 06:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
Magnificent!

Quoting: Dease

Hi Dease! hf

I am good, busy but good. Thanks for asking. How are you doing in sweet home Alabama?
Dease

United States
08/26/2012 06:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Magnificent!

Hi Dease! hf

I am good, busy but good. Thanks for asking. How are you doing in sweet home Alabama?

I'm doing well. We're getting ready for Hurricane Issac. I love to watch the storms come in...great movie weather! hf
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." - Matthew 22: 37-39

"What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?" - Galatians 5: 22-23
tiger1

United States
08/26/2012 06:19 PM

Report Abusive Post
Magnificent!

Hi Dease! hf

I'm doing well. We're getting ready for Hurricane Issac. I love to watch the storms come in...great movie weather! hf

Be safe !hf
Lyttlmiss  (OP)

United States
08/27/2012 04:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
The businessman dragged himself home and barely made it to his chair before he dropped, exhausted.

His sympathetic wife was right there with a tall cool drink and a comforting word.

"My, you look tired," she said. "You must have had a hard day today. What happened to make you so exhausted?"

"It was terrible," her husband said, "The computer broke down and all of us had to do our own thinking."
tiger1

United States
08/27/2012 05:24 PM

Report Abusive Post
My oldest daughter is getting her teeth extracted tomorrow morning at 9am. The office has no equipment to knock her out. They will numb her. All of her uppers and half of the bottom teeth have to go. They are supposed to give her immediate dentures. Tomorrow is going to be a rough day. :(

Last Edited by tiger1 on 08/27/2012 05:24 PM
Chrit

User ID: 15366081
United States
08/27/2012 06:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
My oldest daughter is getting her teeth extracted tomorrow morning at 9am. The office has no equipment to knock her out. They will numb her. All of her uppers and half of the bottom teeth have to go. They are supposed to give her immediate dentures. Tomorrow is going to be a rough day. :(

OUCH

Be strong.
I'm only human, it's my biggest flaw.

We must all realize a sink a chair and a pillow are all luxuries of home and a soldiers helmet takes the place of all three.
Lyttlmiss  (OP)

United States
08/27/2012 06:45 PM
Report Abusive Post

Ouch is right!! Best of Luck... :)

Can you all wish me luck I gotta do a digital interview tomorrow for a job... So nervous haven't had to do an interview in ummmmmm *cough cough* years... Say a prayer, cross your fingers, wish me luck.. Whatever :)
Dease

United States
08/27/2012 10:45 PM
Report Abusive Post

Can you all wish me luck I gotta do a digital interview tomorrow for a job... So nervous haven't had to do an interview in ummmmmm *cough cough* years... Say a prayer, cross your fingers, wish me luck.. Whatever :)
 Quoting: Lyttlmiss

Tiger - I'm so sorry. Your daughter will be in my prayers! hf

Lyttlmiss - Good luck! All your GLP friends are rootoing for you! cheer

tiger1

United States
08/27/2012 11:53 PM

Report Abusive Post

I have all the confidence in the world, that you will absolutely nail this interview !!!hf
tiger1

United States
08/27/2012 11:55 PM

Report Abusive Post

OUCH

Be strong.
 Quoting: Chrit

Thanks Chrit. Tomorrow is going to be tough for my daughter, and trying for me.
tiger1

United States
08/27/2012 11:55 PM

Report Abusive Post

Tiger - I'm so sorry. Your daughter will be in my prayers! hf

Lyttlmiss - Good luck! All your GLP friends are rootoing for you! cheer

Thank you, Dease !!!hf
Psych

Netherlands
08/28/2012 01:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Magnificent!

Hi Dease! hf

Good to hear. Is your house still standing? chuckle
Psych

Netherlands
08/28/2012 01:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

How is your daughter doing? I hope everything went well.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19752945
United States
08/28/2012 02:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
JUST HANGING OUT WITH MY WANG OUT.s226
tiger1

United States
08/28/2012 10:14 PM

Report Abusive Post

This was really horrible. I swear they stuck her at least 50 times, I lost count after 15. Some of the teeth broke as the dentist was extracting them, and he had to drill them out. She got immediate dentures, as they took the impressions 2 weeks ago. She has to leave them in until she goes back to the dentist next tuesday.
I took her home from the dentist, and dropped off the prescription at Walmart. They told me they would be ready in less than an hour. So, 45 minutes after I get her home, I go back to Walmart to pick up her meds. When the numbing stuff wore off, I was at Walmart getting her prescriptions for the antibiotic and the pain killer. She called me while I was in line to pay. She was screaming and crying on the phone, telling me to hurry. The pain she is in is off the scale. I gave her a pain pill as soon as I walked in the door. It had no effect, so we gave her another one. She is only supposed to take one every 4 hours, but they wear off after less than 2 hours. After the pain pills finally kicked in, she decided to lay down and try to sleep. She had her head slightly elevated, but not enough. She bled all over the bed and herself. I am changing the gauze pads for her mouth very frequently, and it seems that the bleeding has finally subsided now.
She is in bed right now, 1 room away from me, crying and moaning in pain. She still has another hour before I can give her another pain pill. Her face is very swollen, but I did expect that. She had all of her upper teeth removed, and all the molars and the canines on the bottom.
Both of her sisters came by to check on her this afternoon. They tried to comfort her the best they could. This has not been an easy day. :(
Psych

Netherlands
08/29/2012 04:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

This was really horrible. I swear they stuck her at least 50 times, I lost count after 15. Some of the teeth broke as the dentist was extracting them, and he had to drill them out. She got immediate dentures, as they took the impressions 2 weeks ago. She has to leave them in until she goes back to the dentist next tuesday.
I took her home from the dentist, and dropped off the prescription at Walmart. They told me they would be ready in less than an hour. So, 45 minutes after I get her home, I go back to Walmart to pick up her meds. When the numbing stuff wore off, I was at Walmart getting her prescriptions for the antibiotic and the pain killer. She called me while I was in line to pay. She was screaming and crying on the phone, telling me to hurry. The pain she is in is off the scale. I gave her a pain pill as soon as I walked in the door. It had no effect, so we gave her another one. She is only supposed to take one every 4 hours, but they wear off after less than 2 hours. After the pain pills finally kicked in, she decided to lay down and try to sleep. She had her head slightly elevated, but not enough. She bled all over the bed and herself. I am changing the gauze pads for her mouth very frequently, and it seems that the bleeding has finally subsided now.
She is in bed right now, 1 room away from me, crying and moaning in pain. She still has another hour before I can give her another pain pill. Her face is very swollen, but I did expect that. She had all of her upper teeth removed, and all the molars and the canines on the bottom.
Both of her sisters came by to check on her this afternoon. They tried to comfort her the best they could. This has not been an easy day. :(

That is just heartbreaking.

I am pondering what to type because nothing I could say would even come close to how reading this made me feel, and I am sure it does not even come close to how you feel considering it is your daughter, your heart and soul, your baby.

I am not a parent so I can only try to imagine what you felt when you were at Walmart and you received her cry for help.

It all sounds so inhuman. I don't know what to say.

It is nighttime for you over there and I hope she (and you) will be able to get some sleep. I suppose it is much easier to control the pain with pain killers during the day as she will feel when it is time for the next one and to take into account the time it needs to kick in. When she is asleep she might not notice the build up of the pain until it wakes her up, then takes the pain killer and then have to wait before it finally kicks in.

When you read this I hope she feels a bit better.

I am thinking of you guys and I hope for a speedy recovery.

Much love.
Lyttlmiss  (OP)

United States
08/29/2012 03:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ohh Tiger I am hoping your daughter is doing better today.

GLP