User ID: 23138809
United States
09/05/2012 01:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: The hang out...
Saturday morning I got up early, put on my long johns, dressed quietly, made
my lunch, grabbed my shotgun and the dog, slipped quietly into the garage to
load the truck, and proceeded to back out into a torrential downpour.

There was snow mixed with the rain, and the wind was blowing 50 mph. I
pulled back into the garage, turned on the radio, and discovered that the
weather would be bad throughout the day.

I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed.
There I cuddled up to my wife's back, now with a different anticipation, and
whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."

She sleepily replied, "Can you believe my stupid husband is out hunting in
that shit?"
We all breathe the same air.
.-.. --- ...- . / .- .-.. .-..
tiger1

User ID: 6269153
United States
09/05/2012 02:53 PM

Report Abusive Post
The craziest thing happened to me last night. At 3:45 AM, my family woke up to hear someone beating on our door. We were sure it was a robber. When we looked out the window, it was the police. They were shining big spotlights in our windows, and some had guns drawn. Our house and yard were lit up like the fourth of July. We were so scared, and had no idea what was going on. When my husband went downstairs to talk to them, they started asking if we were OK. They said that they received a 911 call from our house. We told them that not only did we not call, but that our phone was off the hook. It was storming, and they said the storm could have caused our phone to connect to 911 somehow. They said they thought we were possibly being held hostage. Maybe they're telling the truth, but something about that just doesn't add up to me. We invited them to come in, but they declined. After they left, I was still shaking. It was a terrifying experience!
 Quoting: Dease

That is really wierd ! I think a call to the Police Chief would be in order. IMO, I think they had the wrong house. I am glad all of you are OK !hf
Praise God from Whom all Blessings flow !!!
tiger1

United States
09/05/2012 02:53 PM

Report Abusive Post
Saturday morning I got up early, put on my long johns, dressed quietly, made
my lunch, grabbed my shotgun and the dog, slipped quietly into the garage to
load the truck, and proceeded to back out into a torrential downpour.

There was snow mixed with the rain, and the wind was blowing 50 mph. I
pulled back into the garage, turned on the radio, and discovered that the
weather would be bad throughout the day.

I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed.
There I cuddled up to my wife's back, now with a different anticipation, and
whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."

She sleepily replied, "Can you believe my stupid husband is out hunting in
that shit?"
 Quoting: wisc_natureboy

LOL !!!
tiger1

United States
09/05/2012 02:56 PM

Report Abusive Post
Update on Daughter. She is feeling better. She is starting to eat regular food, but chopped up or smashed up. She went to the dentist yesterday morning. Her gums are healing up pretty good, and they adjusted her dentures. She has to go back next tuesday for another denture check, and for them to clean the 6 teeth she has left on the bottom.
wisc_natureboy

United States
09/05/2012 02:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Update on Daughter. She is feeling better. She is starting to eat regular food, but chopped up or smashed up. She went to the dentist yesterday morning. Her gums are healing up pretty good, and they adjusted her dentures. She has to go back next tuesday for another denture check, and for them to clean the 6 teeth she has left on the bottom.
 Quoting: tiger1

Glad to hear she is improving.
That is one hell of a traumatic event she endured.
Psych

User ID: 903456
Netherlands
09/05/2012 03:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

That is great news Tiger!

Apart from the physical part, how is she doing mentally? I can imagine this must have had a huge impact on her as I am almost certain it would have had an impact on mine.
tiger1

United States
09/05/2012 03:16 PM

Report Abusive Post
I just got to share this with you, my friends. Yesterday was a special day for me, both happy and sad.
Yesterday, I got something I have been waiting over 23 years for, that I thought I never would ever get.
When my Dad passed away in April 1989, I was supposed to get his old car. When he had it delivered in the Fall of 1974(special order), he told EVERYONE in the family, that when he passed on, that car was mine. Instead, when my Dad died, EVERYTHING went to my brothers, and I was lucky to get the flag that was on his casket, and his rosary. The only reason that I got the flag and the rosary, is that no one else wanted them. I didn't even get a picture of him. When his cremains were scattered in the Allegheny River in Pennsylvania, as per his wishes to have them placed where he grew up, I was not invited.
A week ago, my brother who got the car over 23 years ago, asked me if I wanted it, and told me to think about it for a week.I told him I needed no time to think about it, as that car belonged with me. Mechanically, the car runs great. My nephew, unfortunately, damaged the back end of it, and the car is rusting, but, nevertheless, it is my Dad's car, and that is what matters most to me.
I picked it up yesterday afternoon. I smiled and cried at the same time, as I drove it to my house. I kicked my old Buick out of it's parking spot in the back drive, and put the car there. I plan on driving it once a week to church, but if my Buick goes down, it is also a handy back-up.
So now, as I think of my Dad, and look at that car, I can't help but cry. Tears of joy and sadness, as the 1975 Caddillac Sedan DeVille has finally come home. I just wish my Dad was still here to drive it.
tiger1

United States
09/05/2012 03:17 PM

Report Abusive Post

Glad to hear she is improving.
That is one hell of a traumatic event she endured.
 Quoting: wisc_natureboy

I would not wish this on my worst enemy.
tiger1

United States
09/05/2012 03:19 PM

Report Abusive Post

Apart from the physical part, how is she doing mentally? I can imagine this must have had a huge impact on her as I am almost certain it would have had an impact on mine.
 Quoting: Psych

She is depressed, but improving. At 31, she should not have had to go through this.
Psych

Netherlands
09/05/2012 03:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
I just got to share this with you, my friends. Yesterday was a special day for me, both happy and sad.
Yesterday, I got something I have been waiting over 23 years for, that I thought I never would ever get.
When my Dad passed away in April 1989, I was supposed to get his old car. When he had it delivered in the Fall of 1974(special order), he told EVERYONE in the family, that when he passed on, that car was mine. Instead, when my Dad died, EVERYTHING went to my brothers, and I was lucky to get the flag that was on his casket, and his rosary. The only reason that I got the flag and the rosary, is that no one else wanted them. I didn't even get a picture of him. When his cremains were scattered in the Allegheny River in Pennsylvania, as per his wishes to have them placed where he grew up, I was not invited.
A week ago, my brother who got the car over 23 years ago, asked me if I wanted it, and told me to think about it for a week.I told him I needed no time to think about it, as that car belonged with me. Mechanically, the car runs great. My nephew, unfortunately, damaged the back end of it, and the car is rusting, but, nevertheless, it is my Dad's car, and that is what matters most to me.
I picked it up yesterday afternoon. I smiled and cried at the same time, as I drove it to my house. I kicked my old Buick out of it's parking spot in the back drive, and put the car there. I plan on driving it once a week to church, but if my Buick goes down, it is also a handy back-up.
So now, as I think of my Dad, and look at that car, I can't help but cry. Tears of joy and sadness, as the 1975 Caddillac Sedan DeVille has finally come home. I just wish my Dad was still here to drive it.

It really has been an emotional rollercoaster for you the last couple of weeks, huh?

I am very happy for you. Real life karma for you. You deserved it.

And the feel good story of the year award goes to.... chuckle
Psych

Netherlands
09/05/2012 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

She is depressed, but improving. At 31, she should not have had to go through this.

I figured.

And I am glad she has the support of her family and friends. It is times like these when those who are and aren't there for her become apparent and will give her strength.

I might be projecting some of my own experiences over here...
tiger1

United States
09/05/2012 03:53 PM

Report Abusive Post

It really has been an emotional rollercoaster for you the last couple of weeks, huh?

I am very happy for you. Real life karma for you. You deserved it.

And the feel good story of the year award goes to.... chuckle

The stress of the past few weeks has been unbelievable. My husband is still procrastinating on filing for disability, and I got my youngest daughter settled into her dorm room. Add my mothers continual drama, and it's a wonder I still have my sanity. Then last friday I found out my radio show is pre-empted for the next 3 weeks because of soccer games. I just might retire from my radio show after this season. I have a seasonal talk show, which has run every year for the past 4 years, from April through October. Prior to my radio show, I did a local weekly community information/activist spot weekly, for 23 years, plus hosted the local cable Halloween show for 13 of those 23 years. Over the years, I interviewed, live on air, thousands of children in costumes on the Halloween Show. I tell you what, those 13 years I did the Halloween Show, were the absolutely most delightful media times of my life ! Some of the kids I interviewed in the early years, came back with THEIR children to get interviewed on the show, and to get the free candy from the Witch(me).
walt

User ID: 23242226
South Africa
09/05/2012 04:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm taking a little break from tomorrow, going to a resort until Sunday and playing in a golf competition with friends. One of my friends started the competition in 1995 in memory of his dad who died somewhere in the late 80's early 90's, so this is the 18th year they are playing, and it's the 7th year I am playing with
tiger1

United States
09/05/2012 09:58 PM

Report Abusive Post
I'm taking a little break from tomorrow, going to a resort until Sunday and playing in a golf competition with friends. One of my friends started the competition in 1995 in memory of his dad who died somewhere in the late 80's early 90's, so this is the 18th year they are playing, and it's the 7th year I am playing with
 Quoting: walt

What a cool way for this guy to honor his Dad ! That is awesome !
Chrit

User ID: 15366081
United States
09/05/2012 10:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

Have fun man, I miss golf.

Here is another illusion! It is not moving!

WTF5
I'm only human, it's my biggest flaw.

We must all realize a sink a chair and a pillow are all luxuries of home and a soldiers helmet takes the place of all three.
tiger1

United States
09/05/2012 10:19 PM

Report Abusive Post

Have fun man, I miss golf.

Here is another illusion! It is not moving!

WTF5
 Quoting: Chrit

That is totally wierd !
RoXY

User ID: 19973059
Netherlands
09/06/2012 12:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Not moving... :)

triptrip
Chrit

United States
09/06/2012 12:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Not moving... :)

triptrip
 Quoting: RoXY

LOL, I am serious, mine is not moving! Go put it in paint and look or just cover up 80% of it with a piece of paper. The mind is an interesting thing; as I go blind I notice the mind fills the blank space up with what it believe to be there!

WTF99

We must all realize a sink a chair and a pillow are all luxuries of home and a soldiers helmet takes the place of all three.
Chrit

United States
09/06/2012 12:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
We need a seizure disclaimer on this thread.

RoXY

User ID: 19973059
Netherlands
09/06/2012 12:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
LOL, I am serious, mine is not moving! Go put it in paint and look or just cover up 80% of it with a piece of paper. The mind is an interesting thing; as I go blind I notice the mind fills the blank space up with what it believe to be there!

Duhhuh! I know it ain't moving...

You have more of those?
Chrit

United States
09/06/2012 12:49 AM
Report Abusive Post

Duhhuh! I know it ain't moving...

You have more of those?
 Quoting: RoXY

IllI

Not moving!

bonghit

No I just have the two. The wife gave me them, I'll see what more she has, it will be a few days.

WindyMind

User ID: 7244814
United States
09/06/2012 12:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
hi
Lyttlmiss  (OP)

User ID: 23177373
United States
09/06/2012 08:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Happy Friday Eve all....
Been busy busy busy...

This morning looks like a horror movie we have fog so thick it is like soup... And what do my children have to say about it???? What a waist this should be on Halloween :) LOL. Sorry not alot of time to post. Been studing and have a sick 2 yr old..
wisc_natureboy

United States
09/06/2012 06:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
hi
 Quoting: WindyMind

howdy
notinfallible

User ID: 23138626
United States
09/07/2012 01:06 PM

Report Abusive Post
If you want to laugh at me for being strange... I completely understand, but please check out this video I uploaded to YouTube the other day. I did this back in 2009. It's all original and all done by me.... the beat and the words. That is also me being a weirdo in the pictures.... lol.

habityhabityhabityhabity

[link to www.youtube.com]

P.S. It's been a long time since I've signed in to GLP and said hello.... (in fact, i just found out about this room yesterday) ..... so It's good to see everybody again.

catdancewavecatdance
Brawndo's got electrolytes.
WindyMind

United States
09/07/2012 01:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Pain is inevitalbe, suffering is optional, I like the lamp.
notinfallible

User ID: 23138626
United States
09/07/2012 01:23 PM

Report Abusive Post

In that video I posted?

If so, that lamp is ancient... I got from my grandma. It is definitely a cool lamp, it weighs about 30 pounds.
Brawndo's got electrolytes.
WindyMind

United States
09/07/2012 01:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

In that video I posted?

If so, that lamp is ancient... I got from my grandma. It is definitely a cool lamp, it weighs about 30 pounds.
 Quoting: notinfallible

It stood out and I thought I would let you know. :) because I liked that.
tiger1

User ID: 77394
United States
09/07/2012 09:28 PM

Report Abusive Post
If you want to laugh at me for being strange... I completely understand, but please check out this video I uploaded to YouTube the other day. I did this back in 2009. It's all original and all done by me.... the beat and the words. That is also me being a weirdo in the pictures.... lol.

habityhabityhabityhabity

[link to www.youtube.com]

P.S. It's been a long time since I've signed in to GLP and said hello.... (in fact, i just found out about this room yesterday) ..... so It's good to see everybody again.

catdancewavecatdance
 Quoting: notinfallible

That was really cool !!! hf
tiger1

User ID: 77394
United States
09/07/2012 09:34 PM

Report Abusive Post
My oldest daughters mouth is feeling better, but it still is swollen, but not as bad.She still cannot chew, and is eating mashed up food.
She applied for a job at the local Health Food Store, and has an interview tuesday afternoon. Her speech is greatly affected by the swelling. I hope she can talk better by tuesday. The job is for a part time stocker, 15-20 hours per week, which is better than nothing. I will let you know how it goes for her. Tuesday morning she has to go back to the dentist. Tuesday is going to be a hectic day.

GLP