Policeman Killed Instantly By An Ammonia Gas Tank - YOUTUBE VIDEO

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10983122
United States
04/18/2012 09:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Something to remember if you see something like this...

[link to www.youtube.com]
ShadowGirl

User ID: 14637320
United States
04/18/2012 09:15 AM

Report Abusive Post
Re: Policeman Killed Instantly By An Ammonia Gas Tank - YOUTUBE VIDEO
OMG that was horrible. :(
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14637233
United Kingdom
04/18/2012 09:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: ShadowGirl

painless,some people are just born lucky
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
04/18/2012 09:36 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14637233

why would you say that? have you ever been choked? how do you know it's painless?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10644407
United States
04/18/2012 09:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
That's horrible, especially because he was trying to save that guy in the line of duty.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2134890
Sweden
04/18/2012 09:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Terrible, he wasn't killed instantly.

Is Ammonia lethal even if not inhaled?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 533330
United States
04/18/2012 09:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
u c the date on the video from 2000
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1560019
Finland
04/18/2012 09:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2134890

Yes. Both Chlorine and Ammonia leaks require a full protective suit. I've seen it several times at my workplace when the rescue services have responded to an automated gas-leak alarm. They've always been false alarms, but every time the firemen arrived wearing rubber suits and full face masks.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
04/18/2012 09:55 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yes. Both Chlorine and Ammonia leaks require a full protective suit. I've seen it several times at my workplace when the rescue services have responded to an automated gas-leak alarm. They've always been false alarms, but every time the firemen arrived wearing rubber suits and full face masks.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1560019

that's amazing, I've never seen anything like that before...and it looked like there was quite a breeze going on that day, it's too bad he didn't try to back off from the site.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14639189
United States
04/18/2012 09:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hmmm.. I dont know about you, but, if I were to happen upon an overturned tanker that was spewing clouds of smoke and I noticed the driver 8 feet from the vehicle and unconscious (or dead) on the ground I would not just run into the cloud of smoke. His actions may have been noble but forged from stupidity. One less fascist to worry about. poop
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States
04/18/2012 10:01 AM

Report Abusive Post
That should make you cop haters happy...poor guy didn't even have a chance to body slam or taze the dude...
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3897857
Japan
04/18/2012 10:14 AM
Report Abusive Post

My mother always taught me, 50 years ago, that when cleaning the house with ammonia, always have a window open and a fan blowing the fumes out the window. She always talked about the danger of asphyxiation caused by ammonia. She also taught me to do the same with cleaning with chlorine bleach.

She also taught me NEVER to mix the two, because the fumes from ammonia and chlorine bleach mixed together are deadly and could kill you instantly, regardless of how well you have the area ventilated.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4318083
United States
04/18/2012 10:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
That's really sad. He was trying to help the guy.
 Quoting: J_Tribble

Thats what it looks like. But how do we know he was'nt carrying some huge old school Y2K taser over there to beat the guy up for sleeping on public property or "squatting" on the street.

He looked large, aggressive, and under duress. Why was the cop so stupid? Sorry I just dont get it.

I work at McDonalds, and know better than to walk up to an overturned ammonia tanker spewing smoke all over the place...

This is like a training video for an anti-stupid class. Dont feel bad for his kids, they are probably so stupid they dont even know their dad has been gone 10 years.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3897857
Japan
04/18/2012 10:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
When he saw that the driver had gotten OUTSIDE the car, but had died because he couldn't get out of harm's way, and when he saw the noxious fumes in the air, it wasn't very smart of him to run into that cloud of noxious fumes without a rubber suit and a face mask on.

Instead of trying to be a hero, he should have backed far away from those noxious fumes, radioed for help, and waited for help to come.
grefey

User ID: 12865962
United States
04/18/2012 10:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
The point is there are any number of huge chemical tanks filled with god knows what all over this country. With what is going on as far as geological activity no telling what could happen.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6289134
United States
04/18/2012 10:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yup, highly lethal and we spread it all over our farm land. Who is the stupid one? The man who was driving the truck to go spray ammonia all over our food crops, the stupid cop who didn't realize that the smoke was noxious, or us, the people who continue to buy mass agriculture foods instead of just growing our own?

man i hate this sociopathic society we have created...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5660347
Netherlands
04/18/2012 10:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14637233

Lol it wasn't painless it was agony like a gas attack in ww1.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1404507
United States
04/18/2012 10:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
When he saw that the driver had gotten OUTSIDE the car, but had died because he couldn't get out of harm's way, and when he saw the noxious fumes in the air, it wasn't very smart of him to run into that cloud of noxious fumes without a rubber suit and a face mask on.

Instead of trying to be a hero, he should have backed far away from those noxious fumes, radioed for help, and waited for help to come.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3897857

Cop had his heart in the right place but wrong execution....If he knew it was indeed ammonia, he could had stayed up wind, held his breath, and moved quickly into the fog to pull the guy clear...He stayed in the ammonia cloud for no good reason trying to treat the guy....

I know in standard protocol the victim ain't suppose to be moved due to risk of aggravating traumatic injuries....but in this case the victim will die if left in the fog....in rescue work, you can't become a victim yourself....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14623488
Canada
04/18/2012 10:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
That should make you cop haters happy...poor guy didn't even have a chance to body slam or taze the dude...
 Quoting: BRIEF

Its a training video...no cop would risk his life or his pension life for a civilian...
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
04/18/2012 11:32 AM
Report Abusive Post

If you listen ultra closely with your sound right up, as the LEO approaches the scene the person on the ground looks up sees the LEO and croaks "don't taze me Bro".
BRIEF

United States
04/18/2012 11:36 AM

Report Abusive Post

Its a training video...no cop would risk his life or his pension life for a civilian...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14623488

I bet you tell yourself other lies such as there's no difference in the crime rates of whites and blacks...don't ya?

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
BRIEF

United States
04/18/2012 11:37 AM

Report Abusive Post

If you listen ultra closely with your sound right up, as the LEO approaches the scene the person on the ground looks up sees the LEO and croaks "don't taze me Bro".
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5660347

LOL

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14623488
Canada
04/18/2012 11:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

I bet you tell yourself other lies such as there's no difference in the crime rates of whites and blacks...don't ya?

This is a quote from an officers forum;

"Final note: now that we have digested and regurgitated all that there is about the video, would it surprise anyone to learn that it is an Illinois State Police training video and that the entire incident is staged? FACT! A very well produced video."

[link to forums.officer.com]

Nice try tho...as if cops actually care about helping people...this video tried to show some humanism...but it shows that officers should never help the injured.
BRIEF

United States
04/18/2012 11:45 AM

Report Abusive Post

This is a quote from an officers forum;

"Final note: now that we have digested and regurgitated all that there is about the video, would it surprise anyone to learn that it is an Illinois State Police training video and that the entire incident is staged? FACT! A very well produced video."

[link to forums.officer.com]

Nice try tho...as if cops actually care about helping people...this video tried to show some humanism...but it shows that officers should never help the injured.

Just because you are a criminal and hate all cops, doesn't mean they wouldn't risk their lives trying to save you...

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10255021
United States
04/18/2012 11:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
All refrigerated and freezer warehouses us ammonia to cool there plants this requires a large holding tank. The place I worked was next to a housing division. THe Maintence man told me if the tank ever had a large leak everybody in the plant and the housing division would be dead.
bjs330

User ID: 13514713
United States
04/18/2012 11:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
this vid is a fake used for training purposes..
Bull and Shit
User ID: 1351603
United States
04/18/2012 11:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Something to remember if you see something like this...

[link to www.youtube.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10983122

You best teach the police department and the military the truth for once. Because i might not always be around to help you through the lies.

More OTO terrorism. They should be hunted down and murdered all of them. They are a terrorist group. Not cute. Not fun. Not good old sex and drugs.

No. They are unmitigated hellfire club from england evil.

Reads. AM. Mo. NIA. Eugenia, you again. Want the usual?

Yeah, some sickos actually like it when you crap on their face.

Coph Nia Lodge, O.T.O. - Eugene, Oregon
www.cophnia-oto.org/
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Coph Nia was born in August of 1984 in Eugene Oregon. We are the first and oldest O.T.O. body in Oregon, and one of the oldest chartered bodies in the United ...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13685428
Canada
04/18/2012 12:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

That is a PERFECT example of a fuck stupid cop. This is TOTAL lack of intelligence or training. ANY body with WHMIS training would tell you you NEVER approach a scene like that.

This isn't heroism you're seeing, it's Darwinism. Any body this stupid doesn't deserve to live. Tragic, but completely avoidable and completely the cops fault.

Instantly killed, would have been if that had been an H2S spill. The big fucking clouds and the place cards on the truck should have given an intelligent person reason to call in for assistance of a hazmat team.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1242303
United States
04/18/2012 12:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

That is a PERFECT example of a fuck stupid cop. This is TOTAL lack of intelligence or training. ANY body with WHMIS training would tell you you NEVER approach a scene like that.

This isn't heroism you're seeing, it's Darwinism. Any body this stupid doesn't deserve to live. Tragic, but completely avoidable and completely the cops fault.

Instantly killed, would have been if that had been an H2S spill. The big fucking clouds and the place cards on the truck should have given an intelligent person reason to call in for assistance of a hazmat team.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13685428

I have nothing against LEO's... But in general they not too smart.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1306067
United States
04/18/2012 12:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3897857

Cop had his heart in the right place but wrong execution....If he knew it was indeed ammonia, he could had stayed up wind, held his breath, and moved quickly into the fog to pull the guy clear...He stayed in the ammonia cloud for no good reason trying to treat the guy....

I know in standard protocol the victim ain't suppose to be moved due to risk of aggravating traumatic injuries....but in this case the victim will die if left in the fog....in rescue work, you can't become a victim yourself....
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1404507

Anhydrous ammonia smells worse than most anything you could imagine. I cannot for the life of me understand why he did not stay the fuck back from that. It's as if he moved out there from Brooklyn NY or something.

That shit immediately takes your breath away.
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
04/18/2012 12:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13685428

I have nothing against LEO's... But in general they not too smart.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1242303

LEO: Excuse me sir do you know why I've stopped you here?

Driver: Is it because you were a straight C student?

GLP