Never question a drunk!

I was shopping at the local supermarket where I selected:

A half-gallon of 2% milk
A carton of eggs
A quart of orange juice
A head of lettuce
A 2 lb. can of coffee
A 1 lb. package of bacon

As I was unloading my items on the conveyor belt to check out, a drunk standing behind me watched as I placed the items in front of the cashier. While the cashier was ringing up the purchases, the drunk calmly stated, 'You must be single.'

I was a bit startled by this proclamation, but I was intrigued by the derelict's intuition, since I indeed had never found Mr. Right. I looked at the six items on the belt and saw nothing particularly unusual about my selections that could have tipped off the drunk to my marital status..

Curiosity getting the better of me, I said , 'Yes you are correct . But how on earth did you know that?'

The drunk replied, 'Cause you're ugly.
"A truth's initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker, a raving lunatic."
-Dresden James

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
-Arthur Schopenhauer
Anonymous Coward
05/01/2012 01:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Emails From The Inbox
Ahahaha ohhh my goodness, such a grandpa type joke... love it.
Xerces  (OP)

User ID: 1536928
United States
05/01/2012 01:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ahahaha ohhh my goodness, such a grandpa type joke... love it.
 Quoting: Mister Obvious

ohyeah
"A truth's initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker, a raving lunatic."
-Dresden James

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
-Arthur Schopenhauer
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14770674
United States
05/01/2012 01:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
HAHAHAHA
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 819998
United States
05/01/2012 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Granny be like:

:welcometoGLP:
Xerces  (OP)

United States
05/01/2012 02:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Granny be like:

welcometoGLP
 Quoting: ArunaLuna

Agentsmith
-Dresden James

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 819998
United States
05/01/2012 02:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
:teamseven:
Xerces  (OP)

United States
05/01/2012 03:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Caution...very disturbing.

-Dresden James

-Arthur Schopenhauer
John Everytard

User ID: 5027429
United States
05/01/2012 03:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Xerces

disturbing, yes.

but very old story.
Xerces  (OP)

United States
05/01/2012 03:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

disturbing, yes.

but very old story.
 Quoting: John Everytard

Yeh, just going through my Inbox and sharing things that he sent me.
-Dresden James

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Xerces  (OP)

United States
05/01/2012 03:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Carnation" Milk
65 Years Ago.

A little old lady from Wisconsin had worked in and around her family dairy farms since she was old enough to walk, with hours of hard work and little compensation.

When canned Carnation Milk became available in grocery stores in the 1940's, she read an advertisement offering $5,000 for the best slogan.

The producers wanted a rhyme beginning With 'Carnation Milk is best of all.'

She thought to herself, I know everything there is to know about milk and dairy farms. I can do this! She sent in her entry, and several weeks later, a black car pulled up in front of her house.

A large man got out, knocked on her door and said, "Ma'am,.....The president of Carnation milk absolutely LOVED your entry.....So much so, in fact, that we are here to award you $1,000 even though we will not be able to use it for our advertisements !"

He did, however, have one printed up to hang on his office wall.

Here it is:
:carnationmilk:
-Dresden James

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Xerces  (OP)

United States
05/01/2012 03:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Our culture peculiarly honors the act of blaming, which it takes as the sign of virtue and intellect."
- Lionel Trilling

With Regret
Whitney Houston's death, while a sad thing, was the direct result of very unwise life choices. It dominates the news.
Charlie Sheen is 45 and his story is all over the news because he is a
substance abuser, an adulterer, sexually promiscuous and obnoxious.

Lindsay Lohan is 24 and her story is all over the news because she is a
celebrity drug addict and thief.

Something as frivolous as Kim Kardashian’s stupid wedding [and short-lived marriage] was shoved down our throats, While........

Justin Allen 23
Brett Linley 29
Matthew Weikert 29
Justus Bartett 27
Dave Santos 21
Jesse Reed 26
Matthew Johnson 21
Zachary Fisher 24
Brandon King 23
Christopher Goeke 23
and Sheldon Tate 27...

Are all Marines that gave their lives last month (January) for you. There is no media for them; not even a mention of their names. Easy to see where our nation's priorities are.
-Dresden James

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Xerces  (OP)

United States
05/01/2012 03:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Copper Wire Discovered

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year outside of New York City, New York scientists found traces of copper cable dating back 100 years. They came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, a Los Angeles, California, archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet somewhere just outside Oceanside. Shortly after, a story in the LA Times read: "California archaeologists report a finding of 200 year old copper cable, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers."

One week later, a local newspaper in Cullman, Alabama, reported the following: "After digging down about 30 feet deep in his pasture near the community of Hanceville, Bubba, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely nothing. Bubba has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, Alabama had already gone wireless.
-Dresden James

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Xerces  (OP)

United States
05/01/2012 04:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

-Dresden James

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Xerces  (OP)

United States
05/01/2012 04:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thomas Jefferson was a very remarkable man who started learning very early in life and never stopped.

At 5, began studying under his cousin’s tutor.

At 9, studied Latin, Greek and French.

At 14, studied classical literature and additional languages.

At 16, entered the College of William and Mary.

At 19, studied Law for 5 years starting under George Wythe.

At 23, started his own law practice.

At 25, was elected to the Virginia House of Burgesses.

At 31, wrote the widely circulated "Summary View of the Rights
of British America " and retired from his law practice.

At 32, was a Delegate to the Second Continental Congress.

At 33, wrote the Declaration of Independence.

At 33, took three years to revise Virginia ’s legal code and wrote a Public Education bill and a statute for Religious Freedom.

At 36, was elected the second Governor of Virginia succeeding Patrick Henry.

At 40, served in Congress for two years.

At 41, was the American minister to France and negotiated commercial treaties with European nations along with Ben Franklin and John Adams.

At 46, served as the first Secretary of State under George Washington.

At 53, served as Vice President and was elected president of the American Philosophical Society.

At 55, drafted the Kentucky Resolutions and became the active head of Republican Party.

At 57, was elected the third president of the United States.

At 60, obtained the Louisiana Purchase doubling the nation's size.

At 61, was elected to a second term as President.At 65, retired to Monticello .

At 80, helped President Monroe shape the Monroe Doctrine.

At 81, almost single-handedly created the University of Virginia and served as its first president..

At 83, died on the 50th anniversary of the Signing of the Declaration of Independence along with John Adams

Thomas Jefferson knew because he-himself studied the previous failed attempts at government. He understood actual history, the nature of God, his laws and the nature of man. That happens to be way more than what most understand today. Jefferson really knew his stuff. A voice from the past to lead us in the future:

John F. Kennedy held a dinner in the white House for a group of the brightest minds in the nation at that time. He made this statement: “This is perhaps the assembly of the most intelligence ever to gather at one time in the White House with the exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe.---Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work. and give to those who would not.----Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the warsof the world.----Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.----Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
----Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.----Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.----Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.---Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.----Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property--until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.
-Dresden James

-Arthur Schopenhauer
anonimalle

User ID: 6781891
United States
05/01/2012 04:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
heh
Behind every myth lies a mystery, and every legend holds an echo of the truth ……
Que Sera Sera

"For not by numbers of men nor by measure of body but by valor of soul is war decided"

Bilisarius

" At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe. We are in a new phase of a very old war."

Gates of Vienna.

"May we smite our enemies to the darkest chamber of hell, for we wish only to live in peace, and they desire only to put their boot upon our neck."
anonimalle

User ID: 6781891
United States
05/01/2012 04:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
heh
 Quoting: anonimalle

that was for the grandpa joke
Behind every myth lies a mystery, and every legend holds an echo of the truth ……
Que Sera Sera

"For not by numbers of men nor by measure of body but by valor of soul is war decided"

Bilisarius

" At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe. We are in a new phase of a very old war."

Gates of Vienna.

"May we smite our enemies to the darkest chamber of hell, for we wish only to live in peace, and they desire only to put their boot upon our neck."
Xerces  (OP)

United States
05/01/2012 06:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
F A M I L Y

I ran into a stranger as he passed by,
'Oh excuse me please' was my reply.

He said, 'Please excuse me too;
I wasn't watching for you.'

We were very polite, this stranger and I.
We went on our way and we said goodbye.

But at home a different story is told,
How we treat our loved ones, young and old.

Later that day, cooking the evening meal,
My son stood beside me very still.

When I turned, I nearly knocked him down.
'Move out of the way,' I said with a frown.

He walked away, his little heart broken.
I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken.

While I lay awake in bed, God's still small voice came to me and said,

'While dealing with a stranger,
common courtesy you use,
but the family you love, you seem to abuse.

Go and look on the kitchen floor,
You'll find some flowers there by the door..

Those are the flowers he brought for you.
He picked them himself: pink, yellow and blue.

He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise,
you never saw the tears that filled his little eyes.'

By this time, I felt very small,
And now my tears began to fall.

I quietly went and knelt by his bed;
'Wake up, little one, wake up,' I said.

'Are these the flowers you picked for me?'
He smiled, 'I found 'em, out by the tree.

I picked 'em because they're pretty like you.
I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue.'

I said, 'Son, I'm very sorry for the way I acted today;
I shouldn't have yelled at you that way.'
He said, 'Oh, Mom, that's okay.
I love you anyway.'

I said, 'Son, I love you too,
and I do like the flowers, especially the blue.'

FAMILY
Are you aware that if we died tomorrow, the company
that we are working for could easily replace us in
a matter of days.
But the family we left behind will feel the loss
for the rest of their lives.

And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more
into work than into our own family
an unwise investment indeed,
don't you think?
So what is behind the story?

Do you know what the word FAMILY means?
FAMILY = (F)ATHER (A)ND (M)OTHER (I) (L)OVE (Y)OU
-Dresden James

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Xerces  (OP)

User ID: 1578845
United States
05/02/2012 08:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Play Ball!!!
Barack and Michelle are at the White Sox game.
Secret Service guy leans forward and says something to the president. Barack
stares at the guy, looks at Michelle, looks back at the agent, and shakes
his head violently.
The agent then says, "Mr. President, it was a unanimous request, from the
owner of the team down to the bat boy. And..the fans would love it!"
So, Barack shrugs his shoulders and says, "If that's what the people want."
He gets up, grabs Michelle by her collar and the seat of her pants, and
drops her right over the wall into the field. She gets up kicking, swearing,
and screaming -- and the crowd goes wild, cheering, applauding, and
high-fiving.
Barack is bowing and smiling, and leans over to the agent and says, "You
were right, I would have never believed that!"
Then noticing the agent has gone totally pale, Barack asks what is wrong.
The agent replies, "Sir, I said, they want you to throw out the first
PITCH!"
-Dresden James

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Expendable

User ID: 1509849
United States
05/02/2012 12:08 PM

Report Abusive Post
Copper Wire Discovered

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year outside of New York City, New York scientists found traces of copper cable dating back 100 years. They came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, a Los Angeles, California, archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet somewhere just outside Oceanside. Shortly after, a story in the LA Times read: "California archaeologists report a finding of 200 year old copper cable, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers."

One week later, a local newspaper in Cullman, Alabama, reported the following: "After digging down about 30 feet deep in his pasture near the community of Hanceville, Bubba, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely nothing. Bubba has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, Alabama had already gone wireless.

1rof1 only in BAMA
Dark Stranger/ Faithful Guardian

Time is near to make the choice, choose wisely.

I am a Sinner, I am no Saint
Xerces  (OP)

United States
05/02/2012 02:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Something wrong with our society much?

:xerces064:
:xerces065:
:xerces066:
:xerces067:
:xerces60:
:xerces61:
:xerces62:
:xerces65:
:xerces66:
:xerces67:
:xerces68:
:xerces69:
:xerces70:
:xerces070:
:xerces071:
-Dresden James

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Xerces  (OP)

United States
05/02/2012 02:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
A little history most people will never know.

Interesting Veterans Statistics off the Vietnam Memorial Wall

There are 58,267 names now listed on that polished black wall, including those added in 2010.

The names are arranged in the order in which they were taken from us by date and within each date the names are alphabetized. It is hard to believe it is 36 years since the last casualties.

The first known casualty was Richard B. Fitzgibbon, of North Weymouth , Mass. Listed by the U.S. Department of Defense as having been killed on June 8, 1956. His name is listed on the Wall with that of his son, Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Richard B. Fitzgibbon III, who was killed on Sept. 7, 1965.

There are three sets of fathers and sons on the Wall.

39,996 on the Wall were just 22 or younger.

8,283 were just 19 years old.

The largest age group, 33,103 were 18 years old.

12 soldiers on the Wall were 17 years old.

5 soldiers on the Wall were 16 years old.

One soldier, PFC Dan Bullock was 15 years old.

997 soldiers were killed on their first day in Vietnam ..

1,448 soldiers were killed on their last day in Vietnam ..

31 sets of brothers are on the Wall.

Thirty one sets of parents lost two of their sons.

54 soldiers attended Thomas Edison High School in Philadelphia . I wonder why so many from one school.

8 Women are on the Wall. Nursing the wounded.

244 soldiers were awarded the Medal of Honor during the Vietnam War; 153 of them are on the Wall.

Beallsville , Ohio with a population of 475 lost 6 of her sons.

West Virginia had the highest casualty rate per capita in the nation. There are 711 West Virginians on the Wall.

The Marines of Morenci - They led some of the scrappiest high school football and basketball teams that the little Arizona copper town of Morenci (pop. 5,058) had ever known and cheered. They enjoyed roaring beer busts. In quieter moments, they rode horses along the Coronado Trail, stalked deer in the Apache National Forest . And in the patriotic camaraderie typical of Morenci's mining families, the nine graduates of Morenci High enlisted as a group in the Marine Corps. Their service began on Independence Day, 1966. Only 3 returned home.

The Buddi es of Midvale - LeRoy Tafoya, Jimmy Martinez, Tom Gonzales were all boyhood friends and lived on three consecutive streets in Midvale, Utah on Fifth, Sixth and Seventh avenues. They lived only a few yards apart. They played ball at the adjacent sandlot ball field. And they all went to Vietnam . In a span of 16 dark days in late 1967, all three would be killed. LeRoy was killed on Wednesday, Nov. 22, the fourth anniversary of John F. Kennedy's assassination. Jimmy died less than 24 hours later on Thanksgiving Day. Tom was shot dead assaulting the enemy on Dec. 7, Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day.

The most casualty deaths for a single day was on January 31, 1968 ~ 245 deaths.

The most casualty deaths for a single month was May 1968 - 2,415 casualties were incurred.

For most Americans who read this they will only see the numbers that the Vietnam War created. To those who survived the war, and to the families of those who did not, we see the faces, we feel the pain that these numbers created. We are, until we too pass away, haunted with these numbers, because they were our friends, fathers, husbands, wives, sons and daughters. There are no noble wars, just noble warriors.
-Dresden James

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Haelo

User ID: 15231059
United States
05/02/2012 02:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
And I'm sure the drunk looked like a prince himself.
I am not a anonymous coward.
Haelo

User ID: 15231059
United States
05/02/2012 02:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Something wrong with our society much?

:xerces064:
:xerces065:
:xerces066:
:xerces067:
:xerces60:
:xerces61:
:xerces62:
:xerces65:
:xerces66:
:xerces67:
:xerces68:
:xerces69:
:xerces70:
:xerces070:
:xerces071:

Seem to be a bunch of trashy fatties, trannies and diaper lovers all in one place..
I am not a anonymous coward.
Xerces  (OP)

United States
05/02/2012 02:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Beautiful story.... makes you understand that things happen for a reason
The brand new pastor and his wife, newlyassigned to their first ministry, to reopen a church in suburban Brooklyn , arrived in early October excited about their opportunities. When they saw their church, it was very run down and needed much work. They set a goal to have everything done in time to have their first service
on Christmas Eve.

They worked hard, repairing pews, plastering walls,painting, etc, and on December 18
were ahead of schedule and just about finished.

On December 19 a terrible tempest - a driving
rainstorm hit the area and lasted for two days.

On the 21st, the pastor went over to the church.His heart sank when he saw that the roof hadleaked, causing a large area of plaster about
20 feet by 8 feet to fall off the front wall
of thesanctuary just behind the pulpit,
beginning about head high.

The pastor cleaned up the mess on the floor,
and not knowing what else to do but postpone
the Christmas Eve service, headed home.
On the way he noticed that a local business was
having a flea market type sale for charity, so he
stopped in. One of the items was a beautiful,
handmade, ivory colored, crocheted tablecloth
with exquisite work, fine colors and a Cross
embroidered right in the center. It was just
the right size to cover the hole in the front
wall. He bought it and headed back to the church.
By this time it had started to snow. An older
woman running from the opposite direction was
trying to catch the bus. She missed it. The pastor
invited her to wait in the warm church for
the next bus 45 minutes later.

She sat in a pew and paid no attention to the pastor while he got a ladder, hangers, etc., to put
up the tablecloth as a wall tapestry. The pastor
could hardly believe how beautiful it looked and
it covered up the entire problem area.
Then he noticed the woman walking down the centeraisle. Her face was like a sheet. "Pastor,"
she asked, "where did you get that tablecloth?"
The pastor explained. The woman asked him to checkthe lower right corner to see if the initials, EBG were crocheted intoit there. They were. These were the initials of the woman, and she hadmade this tablecloth 35 years before, in Austria .
The woman could hardly believe it as the pastor told how he had just gotten "The Tablecloth". The woman explained that before the war she and her husband were well-to-do people in Austria .

When the Nazis came, she was forced to leave.
Her husband was going to follow her the next week. He was captured, sent to prison and never saw her husband or her home again.
The pastor wanted to give her the tablecloth;
but she made the pastor keep it for the church..
The pastor insisted on driving her home. That
was the least he could do. She lived on the other
side of Staten Island and was only in Brooklyn
for the day for a housecleaning job.
What a wonderful service they had on ChristmasEve. The church was almost full. The music and thespirit were great. At the end of the service, thepastor and his wife greeted everyone at the doorand many said that they would return.

One older man, whom the pastor recognized
from the neighborhood continued to sit in one of thepews and stare, and the pastor wondered why hewasn't leaving.
The man asked him where he got the tablecloth on the front wall because it was identical to one
that his wife had made years ago when
they lived in Austria before the war and how
could there be two tablecloths so much alike?
He told the pastor how the Nazis came, how he
forced his wife to flee for her safety and he was
supposed to follow her, but he was arrested and
put in a prison. He never saw his wife or his homeagain all the 35 years between.
The pastor asked him if he would allow him to
take him for a little ride. They drove to Staten
Island and to the same house where the pastor
had taken the woman three days earlier.
He helped the man climb the three flights of
stairs to the woman's apartment, knocked on
the door and he saw the greatest Christmas
reunion he could ever imagine.
T rue Story - submitted by Pastor Rob Reid
-Dresden James

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Half Past Midnight

User ID: 781996
United States
05/02/2012 03:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
I want to hear some REAL grandpa emails.
Xerces  (OP)

User ID: 1524989
United States
05/02/2012 04:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
I want to hear some REAL grandpa emails.
 Quoting: Half Past Midnight

Thread: How Pitiful Our Society Truly Is Today
-Dresden James

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Xerces  (OP)

User ID: 1572254
United States
05/02/2012 10:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Real Herman Cain

What you may not know about Herman Cain who is running for president....
He’s not a career politician (in fact he has never held political
office). He’s known as a pizza guy, but there’s a lot more to him.
He’s also a computer guy, a banker guy, and a rocket scientist guy.
Here’s his bio:

Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics.
Master’s degree in Computer Science.
Mathematician for the Navy, where he worked on missile ballistics
(making him a rocket scientist).
Computer systems analyst for Coca-Cola.
VP of Corporate Data Systems and Services for Pillsbury (this is the
top of the ladder in the computer world, being in charge of
information systems for a major corporation).

All achieved before reaching the age of 35. Since he reached the top
of the information systems world, he changed careers!

Business Manager. Took charge of Pillsbury’s 400 Burger King
restaurants in the Philadelphia area, which were the company’s poorest
performers in the country. Spent the first nine months learning the
business from the ground up, cooking hamburger and yes, cleaning
toilets. After three years he had turned them into the company’s best
performers.
Godfather’s Pizza CEO. Was asked by Pillsbury to take charge of their
Godfather’s Pizza chain (which was on the verge of bankruptcy). He
made it profitable in 14 months.
In 1988 he led a buyout of the Godfather’s Pizza chain from Pillsbury.
He was now the owner of a restaurant chain. Again he reached the top
of the ladder of another industry.
He was also chairman of the National Restaurant Association during
this time. This is a group that interacts with government on behalf of
the restaurant industry, and it gave him political experience from the
non-politician side.

Having reached the top of a second industry, he changed careers again!

Adviser to the Federal Reserve System. Herman Cain went to work for
the Federal Reserve Banking System advising them on how monetary
policy changes would affect American businesses.
Chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank. He worked his way up
to the chairmanship of a regional Federal Reserve bank. This is only
one step below the chairmanship of the entire Federal Reserve System
(the top banking position in the country). This position allowed him
to see how monetary policy is made from the inside, and understand the
political forces that impact the monetary system.

After reaching the top of the banking industry, he changed careers for
a fourth time!

Writer and public speaker. He then started to write and speak on
leadership. His books include Speak as a Leader, CEO of Self,
Leadership is Common Sense, and They Think You’re Stupid.
Radio Host. Around 2007—after a remarkable 40 year career—he started
hosting a radio show on WSB in Atlanta (the largest talk radio station
in the country).

He did all this starting from rock bottom (his father was a chauffeur
and his mother was a maid). When you add up his accomplishments in his
life—including reaching the top of three unrelated industries:
information systems, business management, and banking—
STACK THAT UP AGAINST THE 'COMMUNITY ORGANIZER'....
Herman Cain may have the most impressive resume of anyone that has run
for the presidency in the last half century.
-Dresden James

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Xerces  (OP)

User ID: 1506607
United States
05/02/2012 10:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
A safety issue for all to consider during this holiday season:

This is a word to the wise for all my friends. I would like to share an experience with you -- it has to do with drinking and driving. As you know some of us have had brushes with the authorities over the years.

The other night I was out for dinner with a few friends. After consuming too much wine, I did something I've never done before. Believe it or not, I took a bus home. Yes, a bus, and I arrived home safely and without incident.

This was really a surprise to me since I had never driven a bus before.
-Dresden James

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Xerces  (OP)

United States
05/02/2012 10:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
A man boarded a plane with six kids.

After they got settled in their seats a woman sitting
across the aisle from him leaned
over to him and asked, "Are all of those kids yours?"

He replied, "No Ma'am, I work for a condom company. These are customer complaints."
-Dresden James

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Xerces  (OP)

United States
05/02/2012 10:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
They sent my Tax Return back! AGAIN!!! In response to the question:

"List all dependents?"

I replied:

"12 million illegal immigrants;

"3 million crack heads;

"42 million unemployable people on food stamps,

"2 million people in over 243 prisons;

"Half of Mexico ; and

"535 fools in the U.S. House and Senate.”

Apparently, this was NOT an acceptable answer.
-Dresden James

-Arthur Schopenhauer

GLP