Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,532 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 501,425
Pageviews Today: 813,552Threads Today: 229Posts Today: 4,302
08:31 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

GREECE SITUATION UPDATES: The death of a 19-year-old Greek student has come to symbolize everything that's wrong with austerity!!!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28567987
Portugal
11/27/2012 10:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: GREECE SITUATION UPDATES: The death of a 19-year-old Greek student has come to symbolize everything that's wrong with austerity!!!
zerohedge‏@zerohedge

EURUSD LOD. Greece needs a 4th bailout already?
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/27/2012 11:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: GREECE SITUATION UPDATES: The death of a 19-year-old Greek student has come to symbolize everything that's wrong with austerity!!!
Business Insider‏@businessinsider

This Chart Shows How Unemployment Is In Spain And Greece Is Out Of Control by @j_berlinger [link to read.bi]
waterlily

User ID: 19961452
United States
11/27/2012 12:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
zerohedge‏@zerohedge

Sweet Jesus. Another total disaster EU OFFICIALS SAY UNCLEAR HOW LONG EUROGROUP GREEK TALKS TO LAST

4 minzerohedge‏@zerohedge

If the Eurogroup blows this, they should just give back every country their pre-EUR currency and go into exile on Elba
siren2siren2siren2
 Quoting: Luisport

Time to cut bait. Is Elba far enough away from it all? I think not.
*********** WaterLily ***********
" Do I dare
Disturb the universe?"
-- T. S. Elliot, Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

“We are as ignorant of the meaning of the dragon as we are of the meaning of the universe.”
-- Jorge Luis Borges
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Pompey made his preparations for the war at the end of the winter, entered upon it at the commencement of spring,
and finished it in the middle of the summer."
-- Cicero, De Imperio Cn. Pompei
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
11/27/2012 01:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Silvia Wadhwa‏@EuroWadhwa

SPD may boycott Greece vote & push 4 date next week. "Not enough information & troika cancelled visit 2 finance committee" - Handelsblatt
Sharty Mc Bean

User ID: 28597757
Netherlands
11/27/2012 04:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
muzzis is greece...

insertfunnyusername

User ID: 28110335
Greece
11/27/2012 04:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
muzzis is greece...

[youtube] [link to www.youtube.com (secure)]
 Quoting: Sharty Mc Bean

Covered here:
Thread: This is the kind of shit that has been pouring into Europe

Last Edited by insertfunnyusername on 11/27/2012 04:55 PM
Sharty Mc Bean

User ID: 28597757
Netherlands
11/27/2012 04:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
muzzis is greece...

Covered here:
 Quoting: insertfunnyusername

hf
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/27/2012 05:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
muzzis is greece...

Covered here:

hf

hf

For the GLP reaction. chuckle

Last Edited by insertfunnyusername on 11/27/2012 05:02 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28626390
Portugal
11/28/2012 08:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
zerohedge‏@zerohedge

Finland to Lose EU10 Mln a Year From Greek Interest Margin Drop - bbg
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28626390
Portugal
11/28/2012 08:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
zerohedge‏@zerohedge

STOURNARAS SAYS THERE IS A PLAN B FOR DEBT BUYBACK. Er, debt sale?

11 minzerohedge‏@zerohedge

GREEK AVG. BOND BUYBACK MAY BE 28C-30C, SOURCE SAYS. Then 20... Then 15... Then whatever money is found in the dumpster
Foveras

User ID: 28517147
Greece
11/28/2012 01:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hello Luis, IFun.
How are you my friends? hf

Here is an interesting article that says that the 31bn installment is currently on "air"
[link to translate.google.gr]

Last Edited by OXI Foveras on 11/28/2012 01:53 PM
Love responsibility,
keep saying, I alone
will save the world
If it gets lost, myself only is responsible

N.Kazantzakis
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 01:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hello Luis, IFun.

Here is an interesting article that says that the 31bn installment is currently on "air"
 Quoting: Foveras

Hello Foveras, doing good, hope all is well with you too. hf

Press here is celebrating about "saving" us again, it's getting ridiculous. huffy
Foveras

Greece
11/28/2012 02:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hello Luis, IFun.

Press here is celebrating about "saving" us again, it's getting ridiculous. huffy

I see no celebration on the people though. Wait to see what's going to happen first. I have a feeling that this was just a good excuse for the IMF to bag out. Exchange will fail. You will see.

Last Edited by OXI Foveras on 11/28/2012 02:01 PM
Love responsibility,
keep saying, I alone
will save the world

N.Kazantzakis
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 02:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hello Luis, IFun.

I see no celebration on the people though. Wait to see what's going to happen first. I have a feeling that this was just a good excuse for the IMF to bag out. Exchange will fail. You will see.

The only thing it's gonna happen is further profits for the sharks in the deal that Greece will get a loan to re-buy debt at prices already double etc. Nothing changed, further profits for the banksters more misery for the people. You have some info about that the exchange will fail or is it your personal view bro?
Foveras

Greece
11/28/2012 02:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hello Luis, IFun.

The only thing it's gonna happen is further profits for the sharks in the deal that Greece will get a loan to re-buy debt at prices already double etc. Nothing changed, further profits for the banksters more misery for the people. You have some info about that the exchange will fail or is it your personal view bro?

No, just personal feeling. Something seems wrong. Noone knows from were the funds are going to be found exactly, the terms, what is the actuall amount required by IMF ( i have read from 20 to 40 bn). And all that just few days before the deadline. I dont know. Do they have suffecient time. If not happening until 12th of December (just 14 days from now) it will mean at least futher delay. Will see
Love responsibility,
keep saying, I alone
will save the world

N.Kazantzakis
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 02:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

No, just personal feeling. Something seems wrong. Noone knows from were the funds are going to be found exactly, the terms, what is the actuall amount required by IMF ( i have read from 20 to 40 bn). And all that just few days before the deadline. I dont know. Do they have suffecient time. If not happening until 12th of December (just 14 days from now) it will mean at least futher delay. Will see

That would be great news, i also have a feeling that something will mess up at some point, early 2013 is a certain, if it happens sooner even better imo. Lot of economists say that eurogroup solution buys time only until April at most, so we gonna see this play again soon. How are things with work? I'm thinking that i won't continue to pay my tebe anymore, no chance of paying my home and bills especially if i'm gonna be taxed from my first earned euro in 2013.
Foveras

Greece
11/28/2012 03:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

That would be great news, i also have a feeling that something will mess up at some point, early 2013 is a certain, if it happens sooner even better imo. Lot of economists say that eurogroup solution buys time only until April at most, so we gonna see this play again soon. How are things with work? I'm thinking that i won't continue to pay my tebe anymore, no chance of paying my home and bills especially if i'm gonna be taxed from my first earned euro in 2013.

Every day it gets worst. Yesterday I got the lowest closing of the whole year (actually I didnt check it up but i think it must br the worst of the last 3-4 years). Today was very bad also. Only people in real need come in and shop. And now we are going to have more trouble as EOPPY changed the years that was giving money for prescription glasses from 2 to 4. Also the amount from 80 for far and 60 for near to 100 nomater if you get 1 pair or 2 pairs. Bad news for us as they main core of our busness was with EOPPY. I estimate, this will affect us with a further loss of 20% to 30%
Love responsibility,
keep saying, I alone
will save the world

N.Kazantzakis
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 03:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

Every day it gets worst. Yesterday I got the lowest closing of the whole year (actually I didnt check it up but i think it must br the worst of the last 3-4 years). Today was very bad also. Only people in real need come in and shop. And now we are going to have more trouble as EOPPY changed the years that was giving money for prescription glasses from 2 to 4. Also the amount from 80 for far and 60 for near to 100 nomater if you get 1 pair or 2 pairs. Bad news for us as they main core of our busness was with EOPPY. I estimate, this will affect us with a further loss of 20% to 30%

Damn, sorry to hear that bro bad news indeed, even a good friend of mine that has a very huge family business is facing some problems lately, not with the amount of work per se, but with bad checks and unpaid bills from customers, the system ain't working even for healthy businesses right now, it's so fucked up. Freelance sucks too, i've no idea what i will do next spring, there are some good ideas for film projects but no funding at all from anyone, never seen that before. :(
Foveras

Greece
11/28/2012 03:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

Damn, sorry to hear that bro bad news indeed, even a good friend of mine that has a very huge family business is facing some problems lately, not with the amount of work per se, but with bad checks and unpaid bills from customers, the system ain't working even for healthy businesses right now, it's so fucked up. Freelance sucks too, i've no idea what i will do next spring, there are some good ideas for film projects but no funding at all from anyone, never seen that before. :(

It will get worst, it will. I am still stungling with Australia issue. I hope that soon everything will start moving a bit. To be honest I am delaying sometimes cause I spend so many hours at the shop, then the kids so I have few hours to devote on it. But I will soon.
As for your jobs, as far as I am listening this are getting to nowhere. I hope that you find something. Of course we should always keep on our minds alternative solutions. If SHTF I might go to Pyrgos and farm there. I dont know. I have make some preps so for a while I might be alright.
Love responsibility,
keep saying, I alone
will save the world

N.Kazantzakis
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 04:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

It will get worst, it will. I am still stungling with Australia issue. I hope that soon everything will start moving a bit. To be honest I am delaying sometimes cause I spend so many hours at the shop, then the kids so I have few hours to devote on it. But I will soon.
As for your jobs, as far as I am listening this are getting to nowhere. I hope that you find something. Of course we should always keep on our minds alternative solutions. If SHTF I might go to Pyrgos and farm there. I dont know. I have make some preps so for a while I might be alright.

Australia yeaaah, they teach Greek language in their schools now i read somewhere, hehe, good luck with this. I'm not looking for a job, i do lots of stuff from audio-video editing, i dj around Greece, but the bread and butter of the annual income comes from film projects and we've only found the 1/3 of the money required to do the next one, maybe we could do it with half the money but it will be a shitty film if so. I do the farming thing every morning here in the countryside bro, it's very nice and refreshing and free organic food too, countryside also very cheap to live, i pay 1/4 of what i was paying for an old home in Athens, even beers and drinks in bars are half the price, hehe. I'm also in a legal battle for some 20 thousand in unpaid salaries, don't know what will happen with this if we go bankrupt or something, court was last month but was postponed due to strikes, waiting for a new date, if i get these money soon i'll be ok for the next 2 years i think with a bit of a part-time work here and there. Except if i get them in new drachmas, that would be terrible.
damned
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24760791
Thailand
11/28/2012 05:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Would you consider me austere if I chose to save a few bucks every month, instead of spending every single penny I earned and also maxing out my credit card every month?
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 05:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Would you consider me austere if I chose to save a few bucks every month, instead of spending every single penny I earned and also maxing out my credit card every month?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24760791

You're in Thailand dude, you are free to do as you like. charlie
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28660470
Germany
11/28/2012 05:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

Australia yeaaah, they teach Greek language in their schools now i read somewhere, hehe, good luck with this. I'm not looking for a job, i do lots of stuff from audio-video editing, i dj around Greece, but the bread and butter of the annual income comes from film projects and we've only found the 1/3 of the money required to do the next one, maybe we could do it with half the money but it will be a shitty film if so. I do the farming thing every morning here in the countryside bro, it's very nice and refreshing and free organic food too, countryside also very cheap to live, i pay 1/4 of what i was paying for an old home in Athens, even beers and drinks in bars are half the price, hehe. I'm also in a legal battle for some 20 thousand in unpaid salaries, don't know what will happen with this if we go bankrupt or something, court was last month but was postponed due to strikes, waiting for a new date, if i get these money soon i'll be ok for the next 2 years i think with a bit of a part-time work here and there. Except if i get them in new drachmas, that would be terrible.damned

What´s more terrible: not getting paid in euros (and also paying for the lawyer) or getting paid in devalued drachmas?
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 05:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
What´s more terrible: not getting paid in euros (and also paying for the lawyer) or getting paid in devalued drachmas?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28660470

I've already paid for the legal costs, i just haven't figured out how the conversion will play out if we go to drachmas coz i'm in to this case for almost 2 years now, guess i need to ask the lawyer about this. Maybe there is a chance that i will be paid in euros? 1dunno1

To be totally honest with you i don't expect or count on these money anytime soon and i try to plan without them, but if i get'em it would be a good extra even in drachmas and maybe i won't have to take some shitty mainstream commercial projects that i take from time to time just for the cash.
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/28/2012 05:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

I've already paid for the legal costs, i just haven't figured out how the conversion will play out if we go to drachmas coz i'm in to this case for almost 2 years now, guess i need to ask the lawyer about this. Maybe there is a chance that i will be paid in euros? 1dunno1

To be totally honest with you i don't expect or count on these money anytime soon and i try to plan without them, but if i get'em it would be a good extra even in drachmas and maybe i won't have to take some shitty mainstream commercial projects that i take from time to time just for the cash.

Of course, I wish you luck and to get paid in euros soon!

But if we went back to national currencies, I´d also be happy. Half of Europe´s economy is just vanishing, along with sovereignty. Pretty scary what will happen afterwards.
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 05:49 PM
Report Abusive Post

But if we went back to national currencies, I´d also be happy. Half of Europe´s economy is just vanishing, along with sovereignty. Pretty scary what will happen afterwards.

Thnx for wishes. hf
I'm a pro-drachma guy, bar the easier loans for both country and people, i can't think something to be thankful to the euro for, even the easier loans is not something to be thankful about, that's how they bait you, most of the products doubled and some even tripled the next day we got into the euro, whole industrial sector has vanished because of the euro, Greek products are 4 and 5 times more expensive than the German ones, something fucked up with this euro thingy, i consider it a curse. Agree that things look pretty scary for the future.

Last Edited by insertfunnyusername on 11/28/2012 05:51 PM
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/28/2012 05:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Btw, the most likely conversion would be 1:1 initially. Then the drachma, lira, peseta, etc. would rapidly depreciate.

The devaluation, however, would make it easier to create jobs.

Devaluation alone won´t solve the problem. Would just give some respite. But the current combination of structural problems and hard currency is lethal.
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/28/2012 05:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

Thnx for wishes. hf
I'm a pro-drachma guy, bar the easier loans for both country and people, i can't think something to be thankful to the euro for, even the easier loans is not something to be thankful about, that's how they bait you, most of the products doubled and some even tripled the next day we got into the euro, whole industrial sector has vanished because of the euro, Greek products are 4 and 5 times more expensive than the German ones, something fucked up with this euro thingy, i consider it a curse. Agree that things look pretty scary for the future.

Germans are not happy at all either.

They talk about democracy in Europe. But I haven´t been able to find anyone who´s happy about what´s going on, who wants the euro. And there are no parties offering an alternative.
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/28/2012 05:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Economy Is Going To Implode - Pt. 4 of 8
[link to www.youtube.com]

She talks about Europe here, around 14:40.

It´s an interesting presentation of what´s happening in the West.
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 06:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Germans are not happy at all either.

They talk about democracy in Europe. But I haven´t been able to find anyone who´s happy about what´s going on, who wants the euro. And there are no parties offering an alternative.

I know Germans are not happy with it too. I found people that are happy with it tbh coz they've made more money with it, corporations and banksters are for sure the only winners of this social-economic experiment.

Btw, the most likely conversion would be 1:1 initially. Then the drachma, lira, peseta, etc. would rapidly depreciate.

The devaluation, however, would make it easier to create jobs.

Devaluation alone won´t solve the problem. Would just give some respite. But the current combination of structural problems and hard currency is lethal.

I heard that ours will be about 50-60% of the euro value, will see i guess, i expect the next 3-5 years to be very tense from a social perspective here and agree that the current combination is lethal, we should have defaulted hard in 2009. If WW begins in the ME though i honestly have no idea what exactly will happen and how many years it will take to recover, it's a game-changer event.

GLP