Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,992 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,081,503
Pageviews Today: 1,976,638Threads Today: 669Posts Today: 14,636
07:06 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

GREECE SITUATION UPDATES: The death of a 19-year-old Greek student has come to symbolize everything that's wrong with austerity!!!

insertfunnyusername

User ID: 28110335
Greece
11/28/2012 06:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: GREECE SITUATION UPDATES: The death of a 19-year-old Greek student has come to symbolize everything that's wrong with austerity!!!
The Economy Is Going To Implode - Pt. 4 of 8
[link to www.youtube.com]

She talks about Europe here, around 14:40.

It´s an interesting presentation of what´s happening in the West.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28660470

I've seen this gal videos, scary and funny at the same time. chuckle
Telling it how it is though.

Last Edited by insertfunnyusername on 11/28/2012 06:04 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28660470
Germany
11/28/2012 06:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: GREECE SITUATION UPDATES: The death of a 19-year-old Greek student has come to symbolize everything that's wrong with austerity!!!
Germans are not happy at all either.

They talk about democracy in Europe. But I haven´t been able to find anyone who´s happy about what´s going on, who wants the euro. And there are no parties offering an alternative.

I know Germans are not happy with it too. I found people that are happy with it tbh coz they've made more money with it, corporations and banksters are for sure the only winners of this social-economic experiment.

Btw, the most likely conversion would be 1:1 initially. Then the drachma, lira, peseta, etc. would rapidly depreciate.

The devaluation, however, would make it easier to create jobs.

Devaluation alone won´t solve the problem. Would just give some respite. But the current combination of structural problems and hard currency is lethal.

I heard that ours will be about 50-60% of the euro value, will see i guess, i expect the next 3-5 years to be very tense from a social perspective here and agree that the current combination is lethal, we should have defaulted hard in 2009. If WW begins in the ME though i honestly have no idea what exactly will happen and how many years it will take to recover, it's a game-changer event.
 Quoting: insertfunnyusername

And politicians, I guess, since they´re running the show as they please. They´ve also repeatedly talked about the "opportunity" offered by crises to get countries to give up their sovereignty...

That probably explains why Greece has been held inside the euro. Otherwise, the whole project would fall apart.

In the presentation linked before, she also talks about banks writing CDS, which are insurance policies against sovereign defaults. They are profitable, but if a country defaults it´s expensive. By mere chance, all these technocrats, central bankers, etc., come from the same banks... and ensure there is no default.

What a coincidence, eh?
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/28/2012 06:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Economy Is Going To Implode - Pt. 4 of 8

She talks about Europe here, around 14:40.

It´s an interesting presentation of what´s happening in the West.

I've seen this gal videos, scary and funny at the same time. chuckle
Telling it how it is though.

Yes!
cool2
Ostria1

User ID: 27119727
Greece
11/28/2012 06:15 PM

Report Abusive Post
if you can watch sky tv (gr) now.. there will be an interesting interview i think.

[link to www.skai.gr]
Ostria
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 06:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

They talk about democracy in Europe. But I haven´t been able to find anyone who´s happy about what´s going on, who wants the euro. And there are no parties offering an alternative.

I know Germans are not happy with it too. I found people that are happy with it tbh coz they've made more money with it, corporations and banksters are for sure the only winners of this social-economic experiment.

Btw, the most likely conversion would be 1:1 initially. Then the drachma, lira, peseta, etc. would rapidly depreciate.

Devaluation alone won´t solve the problem. Would just give some respite. But the current combination of structural problems and hard currency is lethal.

I heard that ours will be about 50-60% of the euro value, will see i guess, i expect the next 3-5 years to be very tense from a social perspective here and agree that the current combination is lethal, we should have defaulted hard in 2009. If WW begins in the ME though i honestly have no idea what exactly will happen and how many years it will take to recover, it's a game-changer event.

And politicians, I guess, since they´re running the show as they please. They´ve also repeatedly talked about the "opportunity" offered by crises to get countries to give up their sovereignty...

That probably explains why Greece has been held inside the euro. Otherwise, the whole project would fall apart.

In the presentation linked before, she also talks about banks writing CDS, which are insurance policies against sovereign defaults. They are profitable, but if a country defaults it´s expensive. By mere chance, all these technocrats, central bankers, etc., come from the same banks... and ensure there is no default.

What a coincidence, eh?

Politicians too for sure, hehe. CDS thing is so fucked up man, i guess you've heard that the first cds of Greek debt that kick started the Greek crisis were sold by the ex-pm Papandreou's team and family? Talking about treason and a fixed game. I too agree that they want to form a super-state with Brussels in full control, but i believe that Greece will be left out of it.
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 06:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
if you can watch sky tv (gr) now.. there will be an interesting interview i think.

[link to www.skai.gr]
 Quoting: Ostria1

Thnx for the heads up Ostria. hf
I dunno what i hate more tbh, Bogdanos or skai? Probably Bogdanos. chuckle
Ostria1

Greece
11/28/2012 06:19 PM

Report Abusive Post

[link to www.skai.gr]

hehehe but this interview is interesting
Ostria
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 06:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to www.skai.gr]

hehehe but this interview is interesting

Yep it's interesting indeed, thnx for sharing.
Just had some puke coming up in my mouth when i saw him, hehe.
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/28/2012 06:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

What a coincidence, eh?

Politicians too for sure, hehe. CDS thing is so fucked up man, i guess you've heard that the first cds of Greek debt that kick started the Greek crisis were sold by the ex-pm Papandreou's team and family? Talking about treason and a fixed game. I too agree that they want to form a super-state with Brussels in full control, but i believe that Greece will be left out of it.

I didn´t know about the CDS´s... somehow, I am not too surprised.

From what I read, Germany is making contingency plans in case Greece should leave the euro. But they might gain, in exchange, even more control. It´s kind of difficult to imagine they´ll just give up on the project.

Did you hear Farage?

Hard to be optimistic about the future of this continent.
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 06:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Skai finished already? Maybe he heard me.rex
Ostria1

Greece
11/28/2012 06:29 PM

Report Abusive Post
ok first economists are the recent days oracle.. good one

and at least he knows what greek democracy was
Ostria
Ostria1

Greece
11/28/2012 06:30 PM

Report Abusive Post

no not yet.. it is still on
Ostria
Ostria1

Greece
11/28/2012 06:31 PM

Report Abusive Post
currency changes worldwide... ok he said it
Ostria
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 06:34 PM
Report Abusive Post

From what I read, Germany is making contingency plans in case Greece should leave the euro. But they might gain, in exchange, even more control. It´s kind of difficult to imagine they´ll just give up on the project.

Did you hear Farage?

Yes, prosecutor found him guilty, but remains to be seen if justice will be served. He also found guilty the finance minister at that time who falsified the deficit so they can push Greece to IMF, from 7% they falsified to 15%, some say it was as low as 4%. chuckle

With the last memorandum voted, Germany has complete control of this country on every political and administration level imaginable. Some things they are planing for various Greek regions with Turks and muslims will bring a massive social outrage when they'll make the big news, for now only people in the know and conspiracytards know them.

Farage is a great lad.rockon
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 06:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

1dunno1
I guess link doesn't play for me anymore, it says see you at 05:00.

Last Edited by insertfunnyusername on 11/28/2012 06:37 PM
Ostria1

Greece
11/28/2012 06:37 PM

Report Abusive Post

I guess link doesn't play for me anymore, it says see you at 05:00. :1dunno1:

hmm close it and open it again?
Ostria
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 06:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

Done that many times. tounge
I guess Bogdanos really heard me.

Last Edited by insertfunnyusername on 11/28/2012 06:42 PM
Ostria1

Greece
11/28/2012 06:43 PM

Report Abusive Post

well thats ok.. it finished now

he did talk about the fear of the domino effect in the economy in the second part
Ostria
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 06:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

well thats ok.. it finished now

he did talk about the fear of the domino effect in the economy in the second part

Cool! Everything ok with you?
Ostria1

Greece
11/28/2012 06:49 PM

Report Abusive Post

I'm ok :)
and you?
Ostria
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 06:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

and you?

Glad! I'm doing ok for now too. :)
Ostria1

Greece
11/28/2012 06:53 PM

Report Abusive Post

and you?

yes we always say "for now" hehe
Ostria
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 07:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

and you?

yes we always say "for now" hehe

Yep, most of us, hehe. Freelance sucks in unstable times, there is always a chance that you won't find a project to work for big periods of time. And tebe is totaly raping me, these days, i'm thinking of stop paying the damn thing tbh.
huffy
Ostria1

Greece
11/28/2012 07:13 PM

Report Abusive Post
Yep, most of us, hehe. Freelance sucks in unstable times, there is always a chance that you won't find a project to work for big periods of time. And tebe is totaly raping me, these days, i'm thinking of stop paying the damn thing tbh.
huffy

I know it sucks. This will be a hard winter.. i hope things may get better from late spring on (if we make it around around spring time) As for tebe i would suggest you pay till 2013 and then will see. I know many people who closed their books these days, but this is not a solution either.
Ostria
Anonymous Coward
Germany
11/28/2012 07:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

Did you hear Farage?

Yes, prosecutor found him guilty, but remains to be seen if justice will be served. He also found guilty the finance minister at that time who falsified the deficit so they can push Greece to IMF, from 7% they falsified to 15%, some say it was as low as 4%. chuckle

With the last memorandum voted, Germany has complete control of this country on every political and administration level imaginable. Some things they are planing for various Greek regions with Turks and muslims will bring a massive social outrage when they'll make the big news, for now only people in the know and conspiracytards know them.

I haven´t read anything about this. Doesn´t look promising...

And the trackrecord isn´t good either!
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 07:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
huffy

I know it sucks. This will be a hard winter.. i hope things may get better from late spring on (if we make it around around spring time) As for tebe i would suggest you pay till 2013 and then will see. I know many people who closed their books these days, but this is not a solution either.

Totally sucks. I too hope for better things, but i think we'll start seeing lots of karagiozilikia from now on, both from politicians and civilians. It's not only the bi-monthly payment to tebe, they ask for crazy new extra taxes just for having books these days, it's fucked up, last year it was an extra 300 if you had books and this year they are asking 500. I know stop paying it's not the solution but where does the unfair taxing stop? If the law that will tax us from the first earned euro be applied, i'm definitely gonna stop paying them, it's a daylight robbery to pay all this extra taxes, pay monthly and then yearly tax, i mean wtf, i could have lived with the half if was in the para-economy. It's getting ridiculous by now.
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/28/2012 07:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

Did you hear Farage?

I haven´t read anything about this. Doesn´t look promising...

And the trackrecord isn´t good either!

Yep, they even want to bring cheap labor 50-60 thousand Turks from Turkey to work in special economic zones while 1+ million Greeks are unemployed. Not to mention that they will change the demographics in a very delicate for us region in the border where 100 thousand Turks live already. And our track record with the Turks is not great either. Doesn't look good indeed.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28671712
Mexico
11/29/2012 12:02 AM
Report Abusive Post

The problem with depreciation of local currency is debt in foreign currency. Similar to what happened in Mx in 1994/5. One way out is to organize debter Unions, to negotiate with banks as a group. Otherwise you're screwed if you have to face them alone...
insertfunnyusername

Greece
11/29/2012 08:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Govt coalition will reject Syriza proposal for a committee on Memorandum.
Quel surprise huh?
[link to translate.google.gr]

ECB Wins Ruling to Deny Access to Secret Greek Swap Files
Quel surprise mk.2
[link to www.bloomberg.com]

Bankers set to oppose buyback plan
[link to www.ekathimerini.com]

Moodys: Greek debt unsustainable despite deal
[link to english.capital.gr]

Housing market contracting at alarming rate

Deposits at Greek banks continue to grow

Court acquits unionists over German envoy attack

Last Edited by insertfunnyusername on 11/29/2012 08:50 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28717441
Germany
11/29/2012 11:58 AM
Report Abusive Post

The problem with depreciation of local currency is debt in foreign currency. Similar to what happened in Mx in 1994/5. One way out is to organize debter Unions, to negotiate with banks as a group. Otherwise you're screwed if you have to face them alone...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28671712

Yes. The debt is a problem either way. But what they are doing now is just making the debt larger and the tax revenue smaller. It´s no solution. If anything, it´s just a way to trick them into losing sovereignty.

GLP