Are you a thread killer?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22705997
Canada
10/03/2012 11:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Are you a thread killer?
I have killed at least 50 high quality intelligent threads...I said something smart and most people must have went to google to check facts and the thread dies because somebody needs to say something smart back I guess....sometimetimes the BS flag turds help but not usually

for me killing a thread is giving a really good quality response or answer..then there is silence that lasts a little too long and the thread gets bumped off and nobody bothers using the search engine to revive stuff..sometimes I'll rebump with another response to get it back on the main board but it rarely helps to keep the thread going
Anarchytype

User ID: 17547610
United States
Report Abusive Post
Dead Beacon would you consider the elimination of this thread something that will enhance Godlikeproductions.com?
 Quoting: institutionalized

"Enhancement" maybe.....more like a deep cleaning so that GLP can shine in a different direction.

This is a futile thread that needs a proper death.
 Quoting: DeadBeacon

Bullshit, I pay for a membership, ill decide what's futile..thanks!
Seer777
Ride the wings of the mind

User ID: 3018467
United States

Report Abusive Post
What direction would you rather see this web-site go in?

LightbulbLight

:)
Difficulties strengthen the Mind as labor does the body...
~Seneca
DeadBeacon

User ID: 17611429
United States
10/03/2012 11:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
I appreciate the honest dialogue. What direction would you rather see this web-site go in?

The site is in great hands......ours. I am one. This thread, however, needs to fade away.
:Canadian F::State of Texas:

"Misunderestimating is only 5/4 th's of the problem"!

"Some choose to hear, few decide to listen".

"Question what you know and know why you question".

"GLP will never be the sane...uhhh...same".

"The markets will determine the fate of government intervention, not government intervening in the market".
TenStar'd

User ID: 878029
United States
10/03/2012 11:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
YES.
God does not test us, He strengthens us. For if we are fully in Faith, He girds the armor evermore.
DeadBeacon

United States
10/03/2012 11:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bathroom break.... that debate drinking game is catching up with me.

43 minutes to go.

"The markets will determine the fate of government intervention, not government intervening in the market".
institutionalized

User ID: 21503979
United States
10/03/2012 11:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
I appreciate the honest dialogue. What direction would you rather see this web-site go in?

The site is in great hands......ours. I am one. This thread, however, needs to fade away.

Did the thread perhaps cross lines of decency that offended the moderation team of the web-site? If so was anybody specifically singled out?
,./;'[]=-
institutionalized

United States
10/03/2012 11:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
O.k. Hopefully Mr. Dead Beacon will be back shortly. In the mean time please enjoy some snacks and a tasty beverage.
,./;'[]=-
DeadBeacon

United States
10/03/2012 11:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

Did the thread perhaps cross lines of decency that offended the moderation team of the web-site? If so was anybody specifically singled out?

Nope. Just found the right Mod that agreed with the fact that this may be the never ending story....about nothing.

DeadBeacon

United States
10/03/2012 11:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
O.k. Hopefully Mr. Dead Beacon will be back shortly. In the mean time please enjoy some snacks and a tasty beverage.

Thank you in's. I have new found vigor for another Bud Light now.

institutionalized

United States
10/03/2012 11:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

Nope. Just found the right Mod that agreed with the fact that this may be the never ending story....about nothing.

Well you guys were right. That was the beautiful part of the whole thing. Thread Killers united and found friendship. Some of us even found family. Yea, that was not going to go away.

Tons of great conversations. Mutual affinity. It made for a pleasurable internet experience.

Last Edited by institutionalized on 10/03/2012 11:27 PM
,./;'[]=-
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24563534
United States
10/03/2012 11:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well you guys were right. That was the beautiful part of the whole thing. Thread Killers united and found friendship. Some of us even found family. Yea, that was not going to go away.

Tons of great conversations. Mutual affinity. It made for a pleasurable internet experience.

I wish I had talked more :)

I mostly listened. Have some ice cream.

:IceSundae:
DeadBeacon

United States
10/03/2012 11:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
30 minutes....come on WHO wake up!!!!!!!!

DeadBeacon

United States
10/03/2012 11:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Sloane

Ohhhhhhh a Bud Light float. Interesting!

Anonymous Coward
United States
10/03/2012 11:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Maybe a pizza would be better

:HeartPizza:
institutionalized

United States
10/03/2012 11:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

That was truly the magical part of the whole experience. You could just come around and read. Contributors would write when they felt the need. It seemed that there was always something fresh and new to read.

I remember when paul connected the dots diagonally. I remember when A Friend came back after being gone. Most of all I remember having a lot of fun here.

Last Edited by institutionalized on 10/03/2012 11:37 PM
,./;'[]=-
DeadBeacon

United States
10/03/2012 11:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
*crickets*

institutionalized

United States
10/03/2012 11:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh what the hell, I was just jealous I reckon. You killin the thread and all. Nice Job, funny thing about the rules of engagement. They sometimes change and take by surprise.

Well it was really fun. I gotta tell you though, I worry about another thread I enjoy. If this absolute MONSTER of an awesome thread can be snuffed out. Then they all can.

If that is the case then what the fuck would be the point? There would not be one. Why write, might as well just lurk.

Well thank you for the experience, and thank you most of all for confirming something very important too me on a personal level.

Good bye.
,./;'[]=-
DeadBeacon

United States
10/03/2012 11:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh what the hell, I was just jealous I reckon. You killin the thread and all. Nice Job, funny thing about the rules of engagement. They sometimes change and take by surprise.

Well it was really fun. I gotta tell you though, I worry about another thread I enjoy. If this absolute MONSTER of an awesome thread can be snuffed out. Then they all can.

If that is the case then what the fuck would be the point? There would not be one. Why write, might as well just lurk.

Well thank you for the experience, and thank you most of all for confirming something very important too me on a personal level.

Good bye.

It's not over yet. No more towels...not yet.

Agent Tray

User ID: 24795235
United States
10/03/2012 11:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
harder to kill a pinned thread...
How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?
DeadBeacon

United States
10/03/2012 11:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anybody catch the "code" word yet? It's out there.

DeadBeacon

United States
10/03/2012 11:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Last word.....go back over this page (126) and reread some very intelligent people.

Last post comin' up.

Close enough...here we go!

Last Edited by DeadBeacon on 10/03/2012 11:58 PM

DeadBeacon

United States
10/03/2012 11:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
To start at the beginning, thank you WHO, for this thread. A thread that, in and by itself, needs no input from anyone to further the subject. It is self serving.

Here's how it started for me....

Mornin' everybody!

I've been thinking about this TK business and I've come to the conclusion that all of us are spending way to much valuable time trying to "be the winner", when we all know, if you know how to play the game, like tic-tac-toe, nobody wins!

I propose that since WHO, the OP, was smart enough to concoct this evil time waster that he/she/it be awarded the TK Life Time Achievement Award.

As for myself, a Charter Member in "good standing" with the OP, I will take full responsibility for the following actions:

1.) At a predetermined time and date WHO will type the last post with a set of code words known only to WHO and myself and a Mod , to be agreed upon by WHO and me.

2.) At that time the selected Mod will clear the thread from the server bringing up the dreaded "Sorry, that message is no longer in the database."

3.) The Mod will then notify WHO and myself that the thread is deleted and declare WHO the winner in open forum contact with all.

.....for your consideration.

coffee4

Then came the response.......

Mornin' everybody!

I've been thinking about this TK business and I've come to the conclusion that all of us are spending way to much valuable time trying to "be the winner", when we all know, if you know how to play the game, like tic-tac-toe, nobody wins!

I propose that since WHO, the OP, was smart enough to concoct this evil time waster that he/she/it be awarded the TK Life Time Achievement Award.

As for myself, a Charter Member in "good standing" with the OP, I will take full responsibility for the following actions:

1.) At a predetermined time and date WHO will type the last post with a set of code words known only to WHO and myself and a Mod , to be agreed upon by WHO and me.

2.) At that time the selected Mod will clear the thread from the server bringing up the dreaded "Sorry, that message is no longer in the database."

3.) The Mod will then notify WHO and myself that the thread is deleted and declare WHO the winner in open forum contact with all.

.....for your consideration.

coffee4

Beacon, is that a joke? That's like... euthanizing our little puppy who became a big dog... or our own child!

That's a well constructed idea but... I'm sad if think about it...

:´-(

What do you guys think?
 Quoting: Who.

Truth be told, when I first thought about this, I was going to leave it as a joke. Then the more I thought about it....the more it made sense....'cause you and I both know nobody's gonna win this thing. Having said that, I still like and enjoy this thread. As you and I have both stated, "it's about nothing, no agendas". That's hard to find in GLP world. You're the OP. It's your baby. Just an idea.

Back to the present......it still lives and quite well.
But I stand by my original words, declare WHO the TK'er in Chief and the winner.

So, I took an initiative to seek out a MOD that would understand my process and reason for the structured end to this maddening thread.

Now let's talk about WHO, a most devious and nefarious OP, from Spain. In private conversations, and public, he has along with others "ripped me a new one". Maybe rightfully so. Never the less he is still a friend.

institutionalized.....WOW! That's a mouthful. Interesting fellow and quite astute. I refer you to this.....

We have three days to discuss. If in fact it's not a silly joke. Which I think it is. Maybe. I dunno. Stranger things have happened.

Thread: Are you a thread killer? (Page 120)

Don't know how you picked up on it "in's" but you are correct.

It is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With WHO's blessing I hatched this plan back on Aug. 16th.
We knew some would take the bait, in particular it seemed as if "paul" was ready to throw in the towel. "Afriend" did through in the towel and I hope she's with us tonight. WHO and I both considered sending her a private message to ease her tension but in the end, we were pretty sure she'd come back on her own.....and she did about 4-5 days later.

There is no "MOD to be named later".

There are no "code words".

To quote my own signature.....

There is no end to this thread.....it has it's own life.

Here's to WHO dasbier

Anarchytype

User ID: 17553212
United States
10/04/2012 12:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Jokes on us....HAHAHAHA!
Cheers!
institutionalized

United States
10/04/2012 12:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
AHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I fucking love you dude.
,./;'[]=-
institutionalized

United States
10/04/2012 12:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
You know what. I was really fucking pouting. Hey it was awesome. I liked it. Even though I had my suspicions I became increasingly worried.

I really felt righteous indignation. hahahhahahahaha.
,./;'[]=-
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/04/2012 12:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
My response is different. . . . JERKS!
institutionalized

United States
10/04/2012 12:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Where is Who?
,./;'[]=-
DeadBeacon

United States
10/04/2012 12:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
You know what. I was really fucking pouting. Hey it was awesome. I liked it. Even though I had my suspicions I became increasingly worried.

I really felt righteous indignation. hahahhahahahaha.

You NAILED it in's waaaaaaaaaay back and then you again nailed me tonight with "this has gotta be a joke". For awhile there I thought WHO had sent you a private message and that I was the one in the dark!!!!

Anarchytype

User ID: 17553212
United States
10/04/2012 12:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
My response is different. . . . JERKS!

Love ya, Sloane..;)

GLP