Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,681 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,181,297
Pageviews Today: 2,072,301Threads Today: 792Posts Today: 15,783
10:21 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

CHRISTIANS! STOP DEFENDING GOD! HE CAN DO IT HIMSELF!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9730961
United States
05/27/2012 06:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
CHRISTIANS! STOP DEFENDING GOD! HE CAN DO IT HIMSELF!
When doubters and scoffers come, all you do is debate and run in circles and rabbit holes and straw mans and fallacies and it just makes everyone upset and annoyed. All I see is the same arguments over and over and over and over. It’s really a waste of time and energy! GOD CAN DEFEND HIMSELF.

He will defend himself. He does not need us going around proving God's existence to everyone. The proof is already there. God himself has written proof on our hearts. He has given us all the proof we need.

God did not command us to debate or defend Him! We need to defend orphans and widows and the oppressed. Like abortions and the starving!

He commanded us to spread the good news to the nations and to LIVE LIKE OUR CHRIST! It’s not our job to “save” others. We can lead people to the gospel, its up to the person to accept it and it will be GOD’S power that saves them, NOT US!

"I like Christ. I do not like Christians. They are nothing like your Christ." -Gandhi

It really gets me angry to think of all the self proclaimed Christians out there are leading many away from a REALLY REAL GOD because of their lack of humility.

The body of Christ needs more doers and less talkers!

rant
DOOM IN MY MIND

User ID: 16756868
India
05/27/2012 06:15 AM

Report Abusive Post
Re: CHRISTIANS! STOP DEFENDING GOD! HE CAN DO IT HIMSELF!
Very very true!!! Full marks 10/10 for ur subject line...

Found real believer in long time.
The Quite Observer in the Room...
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/27/2012 06:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Very very true!!! Full marks 10/10 for ur subject line...

Found real believer in long time.
 Quoting: DOOM IN MY MIND

thanks!

hf
Plane

User ID: 14899888
Norway
05/27/2012 06:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
so true. you put it so nicely OP.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16757823
Ireland
05/27/2012 06:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Mind your own business , who are you to tell people what to think or do ? The cheek of you .
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/27/2012 07:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Mind your own business , who are you to tell people what to think or do ? The cheek of you .
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16757823

This thread was to the christians who work and toil to defend God.

The arguments are pointless and it gets nowhere trying to convince a non believer that God exists.

Thats all i wanted to do, but I do appreciate your comment and rating!
hf
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
05/27/2012 07:05 AM
Report Abusive Post

The arguments are pointless and it gets nowhere trying to convince a non believer that God exists.

hf
 Quoting: sdavis642

Yes and I am one and I will do what I bloody please .

" 'But if the watchman sees the enemy coming and doesn't blow his horn to warn the people and the enemy comes and kills someone, that watchman must die because of his sin. I will hold him responsible for their deaths.' Ezekiel 33:6

I don't even believe you are a Christian for you to say that , you must be one of those bitter anti-Christs pretending to be one .
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16703439
United States
05/27/2012 07:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
True, but the lies are aimed more to deceive God's people.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16757704
United States
05/27/2012 07:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
When doubters and scoffers come, all you do is debate and run in circles and rabbit holes and straw mans and fallacies and it just makes everyone upset and annoyed. All I see is the same arguments over and over and over and over. It’s really a waste of time and energy! GOD CAN DEFEND HIMSELF.

He will defend himself. He does not need us going around proving God's existence to everyone. The proof is already there. God himself has written proof on our hearts. He has given us all the proof we need.

God did not command us to debate or defend Him! We need to defend orphans and widows and the oppressed. Like abortions and the starving!

He commanded us to spread the good news to the nations and to LIVE LIKE OUR CHRIST! It’s not our job to “save” others. We can lead people to the gospel, its up to the person to accept it and it will be GOD’S power that saves them, NOT US!

"I like Christ. I do not like Christians. They are nothing like your Christ." -Gandhi

It really gets me angry to think of all the self proclaimed Christians out there are leading many away from a REALLY REAL GOD because of their lack of humility.

rant

READ YOUR BIBLE

JUDE 1

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you
of the common salvation,
it was needful for me to write unto you,
and EXHORT YOU THAT YOU SHOULD EARNESTLY CONTEND FOR THE FAITH
which was once delivered unto the saints.

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before
of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the
grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God,
and our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 PETER 3

15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts:
and BE READY ALWAYS TO GIVE AN ANSWER TO EVERY MAN
that asketh you a reason of the hope
that is in you with meekness and fear:
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/27/2012 07:10 AM
Report Abusive Post

hf

" 'But if the watchman sees the enemy coming and doesn't blow his horn to warn the people and the enemy comes and kills someone, that watchman must die because of his sin. I will hold him responsible for their deaths.' Ezekiel 33:6

I don't even believe you are a Christian for you to say that , you must be one of those bitter anti-Christs pretending to be one .

Your argument is invalid on this thread. I am not telling christians to keep silent. Re read my first post.

Cheers
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/27/2012 07:14 AM
Report Abusive Post

rant

READ YOUR BIBLE

JUDE 1

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you
of the common salvation,
it was needful for me to write unto you,
and EXHORT YOU THAT YOU SHOULD EARNESTLY CONTEND FOR THE FAITH
which was once delivered unto the saints.

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before
of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the
grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God,
and our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 PETER 3

15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts:
and BE READY ALWAYS TO GIVE AN ANSWER TO EVERY MAN
that asketh you a reason of the hope
that is in you with meekness and fear:

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16757704

If all christians had the child-like faith, we would avoid pointless arguments about doctrine and theology and our answer to the scoffer and doubter would simply be "because God loves us"

I do not support a silent christian, but i do not support the christian who is out to prove God to the world by their OWN efforts. That is God's job. We are to just live like Christ.
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
05/27/2012 07:15 AM
Report Abusive Post

hf

Your argument is invalid on this thread. I am not telling christians to keep silent. Re read my first post.

Cheers

Really ?

"He will defend himself. He does not need us going around proving God's existence to everyone. The proof is already there. God himself has written proof on our hearts. He has given us all the proof we need."
Alrighty

User ID: 16755480
United Kingdom
05/27/2012 07:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
True, but the lies are aimed more to deceive people.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16703439

Fixed it.

"God's people" is a term that states 'people belong to god'.
Location; Nowhere with nobody
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16758353
United States
05/27/2012 07:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
if God is so great, why does he need morons to speak for him? I never understood that.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/27/2012 07:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
to AC from ireland

Yes?

If you have an argument. Please formulate it in a way that makes sence so i know what your point is.

It seems to me that you have taken my post out of context.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 813193
Australia
05/27/2012 07:26 AM
Report Abusive Post

rant

1000 thumbs up!

I used to feel bad about never attending church, but after seeing how many Christians handle being mocked and their, almost satanic, reactions - well maybe I'm better off learning as much as I can on my own with the help of Jesus and the Holy Spirit guiding me.

Also, I used to think and judge critically such 'cults' as the Jehovah's Witnesses - but then I realized that even if they have some out-there beliefs perpetuated by Watchtower (such as Jesus being the Angel Michael and not God) they still door-knock in rain, hail or snow to bring the Bible and God to as many people as possible - more than myself or many Christians would ever do.

At this point in life, I never lock my house doors or close some of them (mainly as I let the cats come and go as they wish) as I consider that everything is out of my hands - God is in control (even over Satan and what he does). If somebody robs me or burns the hose down then so be it - whatever happens is BY God and to help me learn or understand (such as the book of Job, whatever happens NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON GOD). Anyway, if somebody wanted to break in then nothing will ever stop a brick through a window.

I feel sad when many people lose their wife or children and just give up on God - I'm not the smartest person, but I can understand that this universe is in a fallen state and bad stuff will ALWAYS happen. Jesus left earth under Satan's power for a short time so of course Satan is going to go all out psychotic before his death sentence arrives.

In fact, we are ALL on death row and the ONLY way to achieve salvation is by the FREE gift of Jesus Christ, not by anything we could ever do on our own. Unlike Hollywood's 'get radiation, become super, save the world' bullcrap.

One last thing - something I was really hung up on - there is NO commandment in Jesus' New Covenant that says we HAVE to read and understand all of the Bible from cover to cover, we just have to understand the basic story of why things are and when we struggle, the book is ALWAYS there to help guide us - along with, most importantly, prayer. I'm always asking questions in my head and usually before I've finished Jesus has given me the answer - usually goes 'why is such and such, oh yeah that's right'.

I love Jesus, I love God, I love the people I know and the people I don't; I love my enemies and I love your enemies - but more amazingly, I love the fact that Jesus loves us all and no matter what we do, He will ALWAYS be there for us.

I also love the fact that God has given all this time for even Satan to turn around and come back - even though it's written Satan won't turn around and apologize, God is all that is GOOD and LOVING and is waiting as much as we are to be a perfect family reunited once again!!
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
05/27/2012 07:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
to AC from ireland

Yes?

If you have an argument. Please formulate it in a way that makes sence so i know what your point is.

bsflag I just highlighted what you said and I think it is obvious to all what you said .
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/27/2012 07:32 AM
Report Abusive Post

rant

1000 thumbs up!

I used to feel bad about never attending church, but after seeing how many Christians handle being mocked and their, almost satanic, reactions - well maybe I'm better off learning as much as I can on my own with the help of Jesus and the Holy Spirit guiding me.

Also, I used to think and judge critically such 'cults' as the Jehovah's Witnesses - but then I realized that even if they have some out-there beliefs perpetuated by Watchtower (such as Jesus being the Angel Michael and not God) they still door-knock in rain, hail or snow to bring the Bible and God to as many people as possible - more than myself or many Christians would ever do.

At this point in life, I never lock my house doors or close some of them (mainly as I let the cats come and go as they wish) as I consider that everything is out of my hands - God is in control (even over Satan and what he does). If somebody robs me or burns the hose down then so be it - whatever happens is BY God and to help me learn or understand (such as the book of Job, whatever happens NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON GOD). Anyway, if somebody wanted to break in then nothing will ever stop a brick through a window.

I feel sad when many people lose their wife or children and just give up on God - I'm not the smartest person, but I can understand that this universe is in a fallen state and bad stuff will ALWAYS happen. Jesus left earth under Satan's power for a short time so of course Satan is going to go all out psychotic before his death sentence arrives.

In fact, we are ALL on death row and the ONLY way to achieve salvation is by the FREE gift of Jesus Christ, not by anything we could ever do on our own. Unlike Hollywood's 'get radiation, become super, save the world' bullcrap.

One last thing - something I was really hung up on - there is NO commandment in Jesus' New Covenant that says we HAVE to read and understand all of the Bible from cover to cover, we just have to understand the basic story of why things are and when we struggle, the book is ALWAYS there to help guide us - along with, most importantly, prayer. I'm always asking questions in my head and usually before I've finished Jesus has given me the answer - usually goes 'why is such and such, oh yeah that's right'.

I love Jesus, I love God, I love the people I know and the people I don't; I love my enemies and I love your enemies - but more amazingly, I love the fact that Jesus loves us all and no matter what we do, He will ALWAYS be there for us.

I also love the fact that God has given all this time for even Satan to turn around and come back - even though it's written Satan won't turn around and apologize, God is all that is GOOD and LOVING and is waiting as much as we are to be a perfect family reunited once again!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 813193

WOW.

thanks for sharing that.

i have always thought about scripture as an important tool, but like all tools, they can be used improperly.

SOOOO many divisions occured in the church becasue of doctrine...

If we all just were in love with Jesus with a child-like faith, all our differences would be a million miles away and the Church would be the most powerful force on earth.

God bless you!
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
05/27/2012 07:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
You sound like one of those silent Christians who contributes nothing at all towards the Kingdom of God and are not a fisher of Men but just wants to keep silent till you get to Heaven . There is lots of work to do and God expects us to witness to the lost . The lost test us all the time by making threads showing supposed contradictions in the Word and it is our duty to refute them . Are you another one of those people pleasers ?
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
05/27/2012 07:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
You sound like one of those silent Christians who contributes nothing at all towards the Kingdom of God and are not a fisher of Men but just wants to keep silent till you get to Heaven . There is lots of work to do and God expects us to witness to the lost . The lost test us all the time by making threads showing supposed contradictions in the Word and it is our duty to refute them . Are you another one of those people pleasers ?

God doesn't need those , he needs workers who will be bold in his name and who will stand up for his holy word and was not Phineas awarded a perpetual covenant in the priesthood for his zeal for God ? Where is your zeal ?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/27/2012 07:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
to AC from ireland

Yes?

bsflag I just highlighted what you said and I think it is obvious to all what you said .

Where in the hilighted area do I tell christians not to warn others of the enemy?

You do not understand the purpose of my thread, therefore your argument is invalid.

I simply stated in the first post that God can defend Himself.

So many christians waste time and energy bickering about doctrine and theology as if they are putting on a grand show for God! When all God wants is "to love God and your neighbor as yourself"
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
05/27/2012 07:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
to AC from ireland

Yes?

Where in the hilighted area do I tell christians not to warn others of the enemy?

You do not understand the purpose of my thread, therefore your argument is invalid.

So many christians waste time and energy bickering about doctrine and theology as if they are putting on a grand show for God! When all God wants is "to love God and your neighbor as yourself"

"He does not need us going around proving God's existence to everyone."

I understand clearly the purpose of your thread and I don't like it . There is a lot of false doctrine and outright lies about God and his Word , it is our duty to expose them for what they are and if you expect people to shut up and sit idly by , well then shame on you .
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/27/2012 07:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
to AC from ireland

Yes?

"He does not need us going around proving God's existence to everyone."

I understand clearly the purpose of your thread and I don't like it . There is a lot of false doctrine and outright lies about God and his Word , it is our duty to expose them for what they are and if you expect people to shut up and sit idly by , well then shame on you .

No.

You have not understood my purpose.

God has already given the world proof of His existence. He has written his law upon our hearts. And we are to spread the good news of the Gospel and to warn the world of Jesus's second coming.

I believe that with all my heart. Why do you think I want christians to be silent? I want christians to start acting like children in their faith.

the quoted statement is in regards to endless arguments that run in circles.

I pray you understand.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 813193
Australia
05/27/2012 08:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
WOW.

thanks for sharing that.

i have always thought about scripture as an important tool, but like all tools, they can be used improperly.

SOOOO many divisions occured in the church becasue of doctrine...

If we all just were in love with Jesus with a child-like faith, all our differences would be a million miles away and the Church would be the most powerful force on earth.

God bless you!

Yeah, I use the King James Bible but so many people have said 'you can't use that, it's too old and hard to understand'. Like they're saying God made a mistake and we need newer Bibles to understand what is being said.

Honestly the KJV is easier for me as there are less syllables per word and any word I don't understand is usually explained within the context and if I still don't know, a quick thesaurus or internet search clears it all up.

I love the 'Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools' (Romans 1:22). Reminds me of CERN scientists trying to find the 'God particle' when all those trillions of dollars could be spent on helping the less fortunate - they think they are 'stepping forward' and helping life on earth, yet they haven't made life one iota better for anyone. And at the same time they have the arrogance to say God doesn't exist!? For shame:(

But now I'm babbling:)

There's always a little truth in everything, that's how Satan sells his lies so easily - but if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Oh yeah, before I found Jesus I was well into the New Age Luciferian doctrine and thought it was truth - when in reality it did more damage to me than anything. At one stage I was trying to call up Satan and ended up having severe depression and stealing thousands of dollars from my previous employer and hid from the police. I turned to Jesus, apologized for all my stupid mistakes (everything all the way back to childhood was popping up, I apologized, let it go and felt so much better), turned myself into the police, went to court and all I had to do was repay what I stole - no jail time. I thank Jesus for that and now all I want to do is help people and try not to judge anyone at all.

I even feel good saving flies drowning in my cats water dish - it's not much, but still:)

Just one last thing - did you know the 'Son of Sam' serial killer turned his life around when he found Jesus too - now he has a Bible ministry in jail, won't seek parole and lives to help people - so even the worst of the worst can still be saved by accepting the free gift of salvation from Jesus.

I guess that's also why we shouldn't judge - we can't know what God has planned. And for those that are not 'under Jesus' but 'under Satan' it's not really their fault personally, they have been deceived so bad that they think what is bad is really good.

Stealing bread to feed your starving family 'seems' good, but that takes God out of the picture and gives power to the devil. Same as why Jesus didn't turn stone into bread - He KNEW by FAITH that God wouldn't let Him starve - the devil made it seem like God wasn't 'powerful' enough and that Jesus should just 'do it on your own'.

Okay, now I'm really babbling:)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1553081
United States
05/27/2012 08:19 AM
Report Abusive Post

rant

"The body of Christ needs more doers and less talkers!"

And less accusers as well...

God did indeed send people, as it is written throughout the bible to speak forth HIS truth to mockers and unbelievers. Have you never read the book of Jeremiah?

Jesus walked, taught and dined with sinners.

I can agree that there should be less debate and more truth spoken in love and kindness, but I would not tell a Christian to be silent.
Noof

User ID: 7475727
United States
05/27/2012 08:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Its written in the bible that Christians must be annoying. If you're not an annoying christian you're just doing it wrong.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/27/2012 08:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

rant

"The body of Christ needs more doers and less talkers!"

And less accusers as well...

God did indeed send people, as it is written throughout the bible to speak forth HIS truth to mockers and unbelievers. Have you never read the book of Jeremiah?

Jesus walked, taught and dined with sinners.

I can agree that there should be less debate and more truth spoken in love and kindness, but I would not tell a Christian to be silent.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1553081

I think that is the misunderstood statement in my post. I am not suggestion got Christians to sit idly by.

A Christian must carry the good news on their lips, and not remain silent especially when the Holy Spirit prompts one to speak.

If someone is a Christian and they are not burdened by the lost souls, I doubt they are Christian at all.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/27/2012 08:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Its written in the bible that Christians must be annoying. If you're not an annoying christian you're just doing it wrong.
 Quoting: Noof

Annoying i disagree with.

Jesus was DANGEROUS. And that is why the religious authorities were so threatened by him.
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/27/2012 08:30 AM
Report Abusive Post

Exactly!

Remember though that the Pharisees were always looking for ways to accuse Jesus, and there were many accusers in the early church, as there are today.

Paul traveled to unbelieving nations, reasoned and converted thousands, his teachings still carry on today.
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/27/2012 08:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ezekiel 3:18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
Ezekiel 3:19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

The truth offends and many times simply sharing scripture offends a non-believer.

Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Matthew 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/27/2012 08:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ezekiel 3:18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
Ezekiel 3:19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

The truth offends and many times simply sharing scripture offends a non-believer.

Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Matthew 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1553081

amen!

We will be hated and persecuted for spreading the gospel.

But blessed are the feet of someone who carries with them the good news.

GLP