Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,203 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 954,377
Pageviews Today: 1,779,816Threads Today: 869Posts Today: 15,497
07:45 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Do you have any Paranormal abilities  . . . ?

WindyMind

User ID: 7244814
United States
10/17/2012 01:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Do you have any Paranormal abilities  . . . ?
Somehow my reality has a recurring theme that has to mean something.

3 years ago, I thought I could get through the winter for some reason without buying snow tires and then my daughter arrived to go snowboarding in a blizzard and wanted to borrow the car. I bought new snow tires.

Then I had my house on the market and thought it would sell pretty quick so I gave away my snow tires to declutter the garage.

The house didn't sell so I bought new snow tires not wanting to be an indian giver.

I finally moved south and I got a new car and the snow tires were there cluttering up the garage so I gave them away (it's hard to sell snow tires in the south).

Now I consider my going to Nebraska for a few months in the winter and I am thinking about it and realize that I have to buy snow tires again.

This is an expensive strange thing that I am doing and it has to mean something like I am trying to get traction or I don't want to be stuck or something.

Once I got a flat tire just right next to the house and then another tire went flat. It meant I was too tired. I was too tired.

3 sets of new snow tires in 4 years.....what does it mean?

I must say this time it pisses me off. And then what? Give them away again.
Angel Fire

User ID: 24791402
Australia
10/17/2012 03:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Super Normal..Maybe
George B  (OP)
Extinct But Not Forgotten!

User ID: 3896873
United States
10/17/2012 08:26 AM

Report Abusive Post
Super Normal..Maybe
 Quoting: Angel Fire

????
Martin Luther King . . . Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter!

"Email: [email protected]"

All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.
Galileo Galilei, Italian astronomer & physicist (1564 - 1642)

The only thing guaranteed in life is deception. . . everything else is optional . . . George B
George B  (OP)

United States
10/17/2012 08:28 AM

Report Abusive Post
Somehow my reality has a recurring theme that has to mean something.

3 years ago, I thought I could get through the winter for some reason without buying snow tires and then my daughter arrived to go snowboarding in a blizzard and wanted to borrow the car. I bought new snow tires.

Then I had my house on the market and thought it would sell pretty quick so I gave away my snow tires to declutter the garage.

The house didn't sell so I bought new snow tires not wanting to be an indian giver.

I finally moved south and I got a new car and the snow tires were there cluttering up the garage so I gave them away (it's hard to sell snow tires in the south).

Now I consider my going to Nebraska for a few months in the winter and I am thinking about it and realize that I have to buy snow tires again.

This is an expensive strange thing that I am doing and it has to mean something like I am trying to get traction or I don't want to be stuck or something.

Once I got a flat tire just right next to the house and then another tire went flat. It meant I was too tired. I was too tired.

3 sets of new snow tires in 4 years.....what does it mean?

I must say this time it pisses me off. And then what? Give them away again.
 Quoting: WindyMind

Hmmmmm . . . just buy a four wheel drive . . . and all weather tires . . .

:144:

Last Edited by George B on 10/17/2012 08:29 AM
Martin Luther King . . . Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter!

All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.

The only thing guaranteed in life is deception. . . everything else is optional . . . George B
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14105059
United States
10/17/2012 08:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Have any of the posters on this thread tried to get in touch with the James Randi Foundation ?

They'll pay 1 million to anybody who can prove they have paranormal abilities.
George B  (OP)

United States
10/17/2012 08:46 AM

Report Abusive Post
Have any of the posters on this thread tried to get in touch with the James Randi Foundation ?

Quoting: !saac

I have not because I have no abilities except the intuition everyone else has . . . Isaac . . . do you?coffee4

George B  (OP)

United States
10/17/2012 08:48 AM

Report Abusive Post
POLL: Do you have any Paranormal abilities . . . ?
YES . . . 57.7% (736)
Not Sure . . 23.1% (295)
NO . . . 13.7% (175)
No Such Things Exists . . . 5.4% (69)
Blank (View Results) (420)

Non-Blank Votes: 1275

Thanks for all your votes !!!!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14105059
United States
10/17/2012 08:49 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: !saac

I have not because I have no abilities except the intuition everyone else has . . . Isaac . . . do you?coffee4
 Quoting: George B

coffee4 nope
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1369638
Puerto Rico
10/17/2012 08:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good morning....
George B  (OP)

United States
10/17/2012 09:03 AM

Report Abusive Post
Good morning....
 Quoting: Settle4It

Good Morning Settle!!!!applause2

Anonymous Coward
Puerto Rico
10/17/2012 09:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good morning....

Morning George!...Hope you have a wonderful day!!!
George B  (OP)

United States
10/17/2012 10:28 AM

Report Abusive Post
Good morning....

Morning George!...Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

You as well Settle . . . !!!!!hf

WindyMind

United States
10/17/2012 10:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good Morning **drinking coffee**

I think it means that I can't stop it. It can't be stopped.
George B  (OP)

United States
10/17/2012 11:34 AM

Report Abusive Post
Good Morning **drinking coffee**

I think it means that I can't stop it. It can't be stopped.

?????coffee4

George B  (OP)

United States
10/17/2012 01:28 PM

Report Abusive Post
This seems to have some credibility based on the researcher's credentials . . .

Content from external source:

David Fontana

Professor David G. J. Fontana Ph.D. FBPS (1934 – 18 October 2010) was a British academic, psychologist and author. He was Professor of Psychology at the Cardiff University. He was also visiting professor at John Moores University and the University of the Algarve.[1]

Biography

Born in Middlesex, Fontana was a Fellow of the British Psychological Society, a Chartered Psychologist and a Chartered Counselling Psychologist. He published more than 45 books, including popular treatments of dreams and symbols.
[link to en.m.wikipedia.org]

Over the following two years, the poltergeist was exhaustively investigated by Professor David Fontana, a Fellow of the British Psychological Society. He became convinced that the so-called ‘Cardiff Poltergeist Case’ was a genuine haunting.

[link to www.newsmonster.co.uk]

Last Edited by George B on 10/17/2012 01:43 PM

WindyMind

United States
10/17/2012 01:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
You have a bad link, your first one there on dreams and symbols.
George B  (OP)

United States
10/17/2012 01:44 PM

Report Abusive Post
You have a bad link, your first one there on dreams and symbols.

Thanks!!
Corrected . . .

[link to www.newsmonster.co.uk]

WindyMind

United States
10/17/2012 02:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
My first thought was that the person that owned the garage had the ability to do that himself...the throwing part.
George B  (OP)

United States
10/17/2012 02:52 PM

Report Abusive Post
My first thought was that the person that owned the garage had the ability to do that himself...the throwing part.

No doubt . . . all poltergeist activity can be hoaxed . . . it would rather easy . . . so the real question is . . . was the observer honest, perceptive and hard to fool????coffee4

In this case based on his bio and credentials, I think the observer may be reliable . . .

WindyMind

United States
10/17/2012 02:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
It sounds fishy but I do believe in possession and ghosts that can move things. I don't know.
George B  (OP)

United States
10/17/2012 04:49 PM

Report Abusive Post
It sounds fishy but I do believe in possession and ghosts that can move things. I don't know.

Seems there are many people who feel the same way . . . coffee4

George B  (OP)

User ID: 17711958
United States
10/19/2012 09:41 PM

Report Abusive Post
Seems there a few scientists who believe there is a connection between theoretical physics and the paranormal . . . coffee4

William A. Tiller, Ph.D. is a professor emeritus of Materials Science and Engineering at Stanford University.[1] He is also the author of Science and Human Transformation, a book on esoteric concepts such as subtle energies, beyond the four fundamental forces, which he believes act in concert with human consciousness. Tiller appeared in the 2004 film What the Bleep Do We Know
[link to en.m.wikipedia.org]

Books

The Science of Crystallization: Macroscopic Phenomena and Defect Generation, Cambridge University Press, 1991, ISBN 978-0-521-38828-3 [1]
The Science of Crystallization: Microscopic Interfacial Phenomena, Cambridge University Press, 1991 (reprinted 1995), ISBN 978-0-521-38827-6 [2]
Psychoenergetic Science: A Second Copernican-Scale Revolution, Pavior Publishers, 2007, ISBN 978-1-4243-3863-4
Some Science Adventures with Real Magic, Pavior Publishers, 2005, ISBN 1-929331-11-8
Conscious Acts of Creation: The Emergence of a New Physics, Pavior Publishers, 2001, ISBN 1-929331-05-3
Science and Human Transformation: Subtle Energies, Intentionality and Consciousness, Pavior Publishers, 1997, ISBN 0-9642637-4-2
Foreword to Matrix Energetics: The Science and Art of Transformation, Atria Books, 2007, Richard Bartlett ISBN 978-1-58270-163-9

George B  (OP)

United States
10/19/2012 09:44 PM

Report Abusive Post
We are not the only people to make the possible connection . . . ohyeah

String Theory, Universal Mind, and the Paranormal *

Brian D. Josephson
Department of Physics, University of Cambridge

Cavendish Laboratory, Madingley Rd, Cambridge CB3 0HE, U.K.

[link to www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk]
[link to arxiv.org]

[link to www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk]

ABSTRACT

A model consistent with string theory is proposed for so-called paranormal phenomena such as extra-sensory perception (ESP). Our mathematical skills are assumed to derive from a special ‘mental vacuum state’, whose origin is explained on the basis of anthropic and biological arguments, taking into account the need for the informational processes associated with such a state to be of a life-supporting character. ESP is then explained in terms of shared ‘thought bubbles’ generated by the participants out of the mental vacuum state. The paper concludes with a critique of arguments sometimes made claiming to ‘rule out’ the possible existence of paranormal phenomena.

Anonymous Coward
Puerto Rico
10/19/2012 09:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Very interesting!
WindyMind

United States
10/19/2012 09:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui,

I was looking at a picture of him one day and it seemed like he looked back at me. It was kind of cool.
George B  (OP)

United States
10/19/2012 09:49 PM

Report Abusive Post
Very interesting!

Greetings Settle & Windy . . .

Anonymous Coward
Puerto Rico
10/19/2012 09:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Very interesting!

Thanks George!....Just in time for me to say Good Night!...Hope it is a quiet weekend...
WindyMind

United States
10/19/2012 09:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hi both of yas.
George B  (OP)

United States
10/19/2012 09:54 PM

Report Abusive Post
Very interesting!

Thanks George!....Just in time for me to say Good Night!...Hope it is a quiet weekend...

Good night . . . Sweet Dreams!!!!886

George B  (OP)

United States
10/19/2012 09:57 PM

Report Abusive Post
Why is it hard to get scientific evidence of the paranormal?? . . . some of my thoughts . . . verycool

IMO paranormal events are unpredictable and not reproducible so usually defy any research attempt requiring such traits . . . however, this doesn't preclude research based on data collection and descriptive categorization as is common in cultural anthropology and primatology . . . one needs to first collect descriptive testimony and correlate it possibly with environmental data as in chronobiology ( [link to en.m.wikipedia.org] for example the Federal Reserve found a stastically valid correlation between solar storm activity and transaction activity on the securities market . . .

We now have massive data collection and analysis capabilities never before realized . . . we need to be more imaginative in how to capture and describe the events and look for commonalities, trends, and correlations of location, date, environment, relationships, genetics and so forth . . .

In other words . . . standard research approaches are not likely to be successful until more is understood on how the interaction of membranes and multi-universes work but descriptive collection and categorization of paranormal events and data analysis may lead to surprising relationships . . .

Last Edited by George B on 10/19/2012 09:59 PM

GLP