Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,322 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 39,888
Pageviews Today: 86,299Threads Today: 34Posts Today: 812
01:19 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Do you have any Paranormal abilities  . . . ?

George B  (OP)
Extinct But Not Forgotten!

User ID: 1219201
United States
06/03/2012 08:18 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Do you have any Paranormal abilities  . . . ?
71.6% of people are fucking liars.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15044657

That was rude!
 Quoting: settle4it

I agree. . . .it was rather rude. . . Seems you are angry about this issue. . . .do you have some personal experience which has resulted in this reaction?????coffee4
Martin Luther King . . . Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter!

"Email: [email protected]"

All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.
Galileo Galilei, Italian astronomer & physicist (1564 - 1642)

The only thing guaranteed in life is deception. . . everything else is optional . . . George B
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17157625
Ireland
06/03/2012 08:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
So many claims but talk is cheap.
You won't be seeing any demonstrations though, that's my psychic prediction lol.

No, I do not have any "ability" that could be classed as paranormal.

Neither do I believe that anyone else does.

In fact I would happily challenge any psychic or w/e on this board to prove me wrong.
George B  (OP)

United States
06/03/2012 08:47 AM

Report Abusive Post
You won't be seeing any demonstrations though, that's my psychic prediction lol.

In fact I would happily challenge any psychic or w/e on this board to prove me wrong.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17157625

That goes without saying. . . things are paranormal because they have not been proven to be fact by science. . . I know of no demonstrations that have been verified as scientific fact . . . so your challenge is most likely safe. . . .LoL!!!!!

The issue is really do people believe they have capabilities. . . ? Not can they prove to a panel of skeptics they have abilities . . .peace

Last Edited by George B on 06/03/2012 09:03 AM
Martin Luther King . . . Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter!

All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.

The only thing guaranteed in life is deception. . . everything else is optional . . . George B
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17157625
Ireland
06/03/2012 09:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
The issue is really do people believe they have capabilities. . . ? Not can they prove to a panel of skeptics they have abilities . . .peace
 Quoting: George B

Well tbh proving that people believe they have these abilities (as opposed to knowing they don't but lying for prestige or profit) is just as futile as trying to prove the existence of such abilites.

It's your thread... do you think every poster genuinely believes they possess the abilities they claim?

Can you tell the difference between those who do and those who are merely full of shit? (Although I believe they are all full of shit but w/e).
Nauti Girl
User ID: 14596164
Canada
06/03/2012 09:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't know what this means or if it is something everyone does, but I can feel peoples emotions when I'm standing beside them. They don't have to talk, I don't even have to look at them, I can feel them, I know if they are angry, sad, happy etc.

It's a weird feeling, sometimes it feels like butterflies, or nervous feeling in my stomach, among other things.

One other thing I noticed is, when I read other people's posts, I hear a different voice with each person.

So sometimes when I hear the same voice twice, I think it's the same person posting!

One last weird thing. When I'm driving and I pass by a dead animal on the side of the road, I get the shivers and I feel like something just went through me!
George B  (OP)

United States
06/03/2012 09:53 AM

Report Abusive Post

Well tbh proving that people believe they have these abilities (as opposed to knowing they don't but lying for prestige or profit) is just as futile as trying to prove the existence of such abilites.

It's your thread... do you think every poster genuinely believes they possess the abilities they claim?

Can you tell the difference between those who do and those who are merely full of shit? (Although I believe they are all full of shit but w/e).

Of course I can't. . . . a poll is just a trend . . . nothing more. . . .people will lie, people will fool themselves. . . however, IMO the poll is worth the effort. . . I think we are learning that on GLP people tend to believe that the paranormal exist in significant numbers. . . by-the-way, all endeavors have crooks and criminals. . . .finance, religion, politics, etc . . . coffee4

The term charlatan comes to mind. . .

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

"A charlatan (also called swindler or mountebank) is a person practicing quackery or some similar confidence trick in order to obtain money, fame or other advantages via some form of pretense or deception."

Last Edited by George B on 06/03/2012 10:04 AM

George B  (OP)

United States
06/03/2012 10:00 AM

Report Abusive Post
I don't know what this means or if it is something everyone does, but I can feel peoples emotions when I'm standing beside them. They don't have to talk, I don't even have to look at them, I can feel them, I know if they are angry, sad, happy etc.

It's a weird feeling, sometimes it feels like butterflies, or nervous feeling in my stomach, among other things.

One other thing I noticed is, when I read other people's posts, I hear a different voice with each person.

So sometimes when I hear the same voice twice, I think it's the same person posting!

One last weird thing. When I'm driving and I pass by a dead animal on the side of the road, I get the shivers and I feel like something just went through me!
 Quoting: Nauti Girl 14596164

I think I would use the word empathy to describe what you describe. . . you are empathic. . .ohyeah

Anonymous Coward
Canada
06/03/2012 10:10 AM
Report Abusive Post

I think I would use the word empathy to describe what you describe. . . you are empathic. . .ohyeah

Oh ok, so I am just a regular person! Well that's good!
George B  (OP)

United States
06/03/2012 10:12 AM

Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14596164

I would say you are more tuned in to it than most. . . you are most likely a rather kind person. . . Best Wishes. . . .I wish more people were like you. . . .hf

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17291475
United States
06/03/2012 10:17 AM
Report Abusive Post

That goes without saying. . . things are paranormal because they have not been proven to be fact by science. . . I know of no demonstrations that have been verified as scientific fact . . . so your challenge is most likely safe. . . .LoL!!!!!

I think that you are wrong about this George B.
George B  (OP)

United States
06/03/2012 10:23 AM

Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17291475

Please site the research to prove paranormal activity exist. . . .that is accepted by the greater scientific community. . . I have yet to find research that has not been soundly criticized by opponents . . . there are only two universities presently in the US with any kind of ongoing research . . .

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17291475
United States
06/03/2012 10:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

Please site the research to prove paranormal activity exist. . . .that is accepted by the greater scientific community. . . I have yet to find research that has not been soundly criticized by opponents . . . there are only two universities presently in the US with any kind of ongoing research . . .

sherlock Are you a debunker?
George B  (OP)

United States
06/03/2012 10:26 AM

Report Abusive Post

Please site the research to prove paranormal activity exist. . . .that is
accepted by the greater scientific community. . . I have yet to find research that has not been soundly criticized by opponents . . . there are only two universities presently in the US with any kind of ongoing research . . .

""Two universities in the United States currently have academic parapsychology laboratories. The Division of Perceptual Studies, a unit at the University of Virginia's Department of Psychiatric Medicine, studies the possibility of survival of consciousness after bodily death, near-death experiences, and out-of-body experiences.[39] The University of Arizona's Veritas Laboratory conducts laboratory investigations of mediums. Several private institutions, including the Institute of Noetic Sciences, conduct and promote parapsychological research.[38]"

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

I cannot prove paranormal activity exists to science. . . .however, I do believe it exists. . . .coffee4

George B  (OP)

United States
06/03/2012 10:27 AM

Report Abusive Post

sherlock Are you a debunker?

No, I believe the Paranormal exists. . . .spock

George B  (OP)

United States
06/03/2012 10:49 AM

Report Abusive Post
Sorry. . . I have to run. . . .will check in later . ..coffee4

Nauti G
Canada
06/03/2012 10:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14596164

I would say you are more tuned in to it than most. . . you are most likely a rather kind person. . . Best Wishes. . . .I wish more people were like you. . . .hf

Thanks! Yes , I actually think of myself as one of the kindest people on this earth. I'm not one to hurt others feelings, and when I was a member here, I never gave any bad karma to anyone, no matter how mean they were.
There needs to be more love in this world!
hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1373173
Puerto Rico
06/03/2012 11:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
I first learned of my 'GIFTS' as they are called at a young age...around 5...At age 8 was when I first remember looking into the 'Ghostly Plane' seeing my father...it was around day break...I sat up in bed and could see into the kitchen...I heard my father talking, standing at the counter top...I told my grandmother about it...a few hours later she then saw a vision of him in front of standing her...within the same our the State Police from another state called her, telling her that my father was found dead in a lake...Things like this went on for several years...The one vision that bothered me the most was of my son...I was standing at his bed room door looking in at him as he played...he was 4...As I stood there I then saw a white casket...it was sitting in the middle of his room...in the vision he turned toward me and said..."I am going home soon"...This was in October...On November 7 he died...This was 27 years ago...Over the years after his death...I have seen my other people give warning shortly before their death...I have also 'FELT' when something bad was going to happen...Such as earthquakes...plane crashes...auto accidents of people/family I know...Even the death of my husband in 09...I have had what I now know as OBE most of my life...I always thought it was a dream when I was very young...I have tuned into knowing when a close friend/family member was going to call or come by for a visit...I can also see sounds at times...certain sounds have different colors...I do not like going to busy places such as the Mall...I pick up on other's feelings/thoughts...I don't enjoy reading someone's book as I call it...I have dreams about a lot of things before they happen...People can say thses things do not happen...it's not real...but I MUST say they are wrong...This is part of my EVERYDAY life.. huh
George B  (OP)

United States
06/03/2012 01:50 PM

Report Abusive Post
I first learned of my 'GIFTS' as they are called at a young age...around 5...At age 8 was when I first remember looking into the 'Ghostly Plane' seeing my father...it was around day break...I sat up in bed and could see into the kitchen...I heard my father talking, standing at the counter top...I told my grandmother about it...a few hours later she then saw a vision of him in front of standing her...within the same our the State Police from another state called her, telling her that my father was found dead in a lake...Things like this went on for several years...The one vision that bothered me the most was of my son...I was standing at his bed room door looking in at him as he played...he was 4...As I stood there I then saw a white casket...it was sitting in the middle of his room...in the vision he turned toward me and said..."I am going home soon"...This was in October...On November 7 he died...This was 27 years ago...Over the years after his death...I have seen my other people give warning shortly before their death...I have also 'FELT' when something bad was going to happen...Such as earthquakes...plane crashes...auto accidents of people/family I know...Even the death of my husband in 09...I have had what I now know as OBE most of my life...I always thought it was a dream when I was very young...I have tuned into knowing when a close friend/family member was going to call or come by for a visit...I can also see sounds at times...certain sounds have different colors...I do not like going to busy places such as the Mall...I pick up on other's feelings/thoughts...I don't enjoy reading someone's book as I call it...I have dreams about a lot of things before they happen...People can say thses things do not happen...it's not real...but I MUST say they are wrong...This is part of my EVERYDAY life.. huh

Thanks very much for sharing. . . your story is why I believe there is a paranormal reality. . . .which may be the true reality . . . the longer I live the more stories like yours I hear. . . while I only have glimpses of things . . . it reenforces my intuition that things exist I cannot explain . . applause2

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1556544
Puerto Rico
06/03/2012 03:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

Thanks very much for sharing. . . your story is why I believe there is a paranormal reality. . . .which may be the true reality . . . the longer I live the more stories like yours I hear. . . while I only have glimpses of things . . . it reenforces my intuition that things exist I cannot explain . . applause2

Thank you! To let people know what's going on in your everyday life is hard...The skeptics I understand where they are coming from...And I honestly wish I could let them walk in my shoes for a day...It would probaly send them running and screaming to the nearest mental hospital...Does this make my life better? I don't know any other way to live...I would like to live in a world where it is not filled with visions of other people...A world where the only voices I hear are from the living...The only things I see are that which is around me...The only things I feel are what I choose to feel...But other than my 'GIFTS' I am just like everyone else...I live, love, hurt, cry, and go on with life...I except myself for who I am...If it is more than someone else can handle, they move on...Life is only what you make it...I try each day too make mine the best it can be!5a
George B  (OP)

User ID: 17301762
United States
06/03/2012 04:03 PM

Report Abusive Post

Thank you! To let people know what's going on in your everyday life is hard...The skeptics I understand where they are coming from...And I honestly wish I could let them walk in my shoes for a day...It would probaly send them running and screaming to the nearest mental hospital...Does this make my life better? I don't know any other way to live...I would like to live in a world where it is not filled with visions of other people...A world where the only voices I hear are from the living...The only things I see are that which is around me...The only things I feel are what I choose to feel...But other than my 'GIFTS' I am just like everyone else...I live, love, hurt, cry, and go on with life...I except myself for who I am...If it is more than someone else can handle, they move on...Life is only what you make it...I try each day too make mine the best it can be!5a

Best wishes and peace . . . hf

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1556544
Puerto Rico
06/03/2012 04:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
The moon is in full faze...I think it is having a bad effect on people today...EVERYONE I have been around in town just seems so on edge...
George B  (OP)

United States
06/03/2012 05:52 PM

Report Abusive Post
The moon is in full faze...I think it is having a bad effect on people today...EVERYONE I have been around in town just seems so on edge...

We have heard that all our lives . . . what do you think the moon has to do with behavior and how does it work .. . verycool

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1616258
United States
06/03/2012 05:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

I have the ability to tap into shit I've never read about and understand them. Hard to explain. But the things I do research are recorded in my mind as if I can bring up files and data on them. Sometimes the information is purged due to its infrequent use or pertinence.

You asked man!
 Quoting: Chip

Sounds like a useful skill. . . could be paranormal . . .grinning

its called the Akashic records..
George B  (OP)

United States
06/03/2012 05:57 PM

Report Abusive Post

I have the ability to tap into shit I've never read about and understand them. Hard to explain. But the things I do research are recorded in my mind as if I can bring up files and data on them. Sometimes the information is purged due to its infrequent use or pertinence.

You asked man!
 Quoting: Chip

Sounds like a useful skill. . . could be paranormal . . .grinning

its called the Akashic records..
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1616258

Where is it (information) stored, who stores it and how is it accessed . . .grinning

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7334965
Canada
06/03/2012 06:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am 2, 7, and 10 and it drives me nuts at times.
George B  (OP)

United States
06/03/2012 06:02 PM

Report Abusive Post
Thanks for all the votes . . . !!!!!moshpit

POLL: Do you have any Paranormal abilities  . . . ?  
YES . . .   68.1% (92)
NO . . .   14.1% (19)
Not Sure . .   12.6% (17)
No Such Things Exists . . .   5.2% (7)
Blank (View Results) (29)

Non-Blank Votes: 135

George B  (OP)

United States
06/03/2012 06:06 PM

Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7334965

Hmmmmm . . . Why? . . . can you not control these abilities? . . . huffy

2) Extra Sensory Perception - the ability to gather information without the use of the 5 senses 

7) Precognition - the ability to foresee events.

10) Astral Projection - the ability to travel distances with the mind alone 

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7334965
Canada
06/03/2012 06:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7334965

Hmmmmm . . . Why? . . . can you not control these abilities? . . . huffy

2) Extra Sensory Perception - the ability to gather information without the use of the 5 senses 

7) Precognition - the ability to foresee events.

10) Astral Projection - the ability to travel distances with the mind alone 

Because whenever i see an event it usually happens within 20 mins or so, and i never usually get to advance any warning,... I don't know when a vision spell will come on so im usually unprepared for them.. Its frustrating :(
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12467005
Australia
Report Abusive Post
I'm really psychic.. My friends tell me to get the fuck out if their heads.. I can't explain it it's thinking something and someone says it or saying something when they r thinking about it.
I once had this terrible uneasy feeling when 2 girlfriends were going to Thailand and begged them not to go. They told me to stop freakin out nothing would happen. 2004 and the tsunami hit while they were there but they didn't get hurt. It's never happened again like that but my friends always ask is this or that ok. I just go with however I'm feeling but if I get a sense about something I'm never wrong.
Shalhevet

User ID: 2232112
United States
Report Abusive Post
Years ago on the day my dad died, I sat in a dark chapel of the hospital. I was an emotional wreck. I sat there weeping when suddenly a peace dropped down on me. It was like someone pulled the plug in my toe and all the pain and sorrow drained out and a peacefulness came on me starting at the top of my head and filled my body. Then in a vision a light in the distant appeared and grew larger as it neared taking the form of a man but yet still a light or spirit. The being lifted his hand in the motion of come with me (palm up). At that instant my father stepped from the darkness looked around then took the hand of the light being. He passed away a couple hours latter. I had a peace upon me that lasted for days after the funeral.

There have been other times I see something happen before it actually does. Like once a friend and myself were in a car in town on a 4 lane road. A car was in the next lane, to where their back bumper was at the same spot as our drivers door. They had stayed in the position for a bit and I told the girl driving to slow down because that care was going to pull over on her. She looked at me funny, but did back off. No sooner has she back off to the point the other care was just about clear, when the other care started pulling over. No turn signal or anything. We both rather freaked out on that, because I didn't know why I had told her that and then to have it actually happen rather freaked us.

There are other times when at a stop light I'll tell someone to wait without realizing just why I'm telling them to do so. Only to have a car run the red light, (even though I hadn't even seen the other care) at such a time when we would have been in their direct path if I hadn't said something.

There have been others like that also. tomato

GLP