new studies show Grandparents are becoming more selfish and disconnected

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17308856
United States
06/03/2012 11:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: new studies show Grandparents are becoming more selfish and disconnected
Part of the planned break-down of the family by tptb along with many other things such as feminist movement, divorce, etc.

Grandparents used to be an integral and important part of the family structure. But no more.

All generations have become too selfish and materialistic. It's not only the grandparents that have contributed to this. There seems to be a lack of respect and resentment to the older generations.

We can change it back to what it was, and should be, one by one. Put family and especially children first!
Scaussie
User ID: 15037769
United Kingdom
11/16/2012 04:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well here is a flip side........ I'm an active grandparent and to be quite honest, I do not think their parents appreciate it! In fact, I sometimes feel that they would NOT want me to be active. The children love us very much and enjoy coming over but I feel the parents resent it.

YOU CAN'T WIN!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9966035

I would appreciate you so very much, keep doing what you are doing, even if the parents don't appreciate it, your grandchild does.
I have seen parents not appreciating grandparents or taking them for granted. It's so sad. I would give my right arm for an interested grandparent in my daughters life.
. I am a mum to one four year old girl. My dad is in another country, divorced from my mum who lives nearby. My husbands parents passed away.when he was young.
My mum is a 15 minute drive away but says I have moved too far away. I don't drive, so it is two buses and an hours journey to get to her. When my dd was a baby, it took longer as the buses do not allow more than two prams on the bus at a time. I don't expect her to come to me, even though she is young (64 yo) & active. But in the early months of my dd life, it would have been nice if she had visited me, especially when my dd only put on an ounce in three weeks, due to breastfeeding problems. I got over this problem by demand feeding my child and avoiding the bus for a month. it didn't go down well that I never visited even though I asked her to come over. Her solution was to advise that I give my daughter a bottle of formula, criticism, disapproval and sympathy all in equal measure. I would not mind these things so much except she collects my brother every week and he is about the same distance away from her as I and had yet to have children, also she is driving to.different clubs, classes, social events weekly, collecting her friends.in her car. I don't mind getting the bus, but when I have to stress and rush to get to her place to get there on time before she has to rush out and get my brother and my daughter us questioning my mums love toward her because of this (I never say share ny feelings about this with ny daughter) it does break my heart.
when I visit, my mum immediately ignores my daughter to give me a hug before talking non stop, I have to say, "um, dd is trying to give you.a cuddle hello"
She looks like she cannot be bothered with my daughter, disinterested, finds get an obligation and nuisance. I have given up and stopped visiting, calling. I wish my daughter had A grandparent like you. We all have different styles and personalities, thats what makes the care givers to a child so wonderful, we all bring something different to the table. Sorry you don't get appreciated for your style and personality by your kids.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24537507
United States
11/16/2012 05:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well kids have become sniveling lazy vulgar punks so who can blame the grandparents for giving up and disconnecting?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13248109
United States
11/16/2012 05:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
That is major league BS! I know many instances whereas the Grandmother is the legal guardian of the grandchild, because the father is totally disconnect and the mother is druggified!THANKGOD FOR THE DESCENT GRANDPARENTS STEPPING IN FOR INCOMPETENT PARENTS!bsmeter2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1328514
United States
11/16/2012 05:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hell, everbody is becoming more selfish and disconnected so don't blame it on grandpa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27302733
United States
11/16/2012 05:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
One word:

Internet
Nemesis-incognitO

User ID: 24316412
United Kingdom
11/16/2012 05:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
an email I am sharing..

John G. is 63 years old and owns a small business. He's a life-long Republican and sees his dream of retiring next year has all but evaporated. With the stock market crashing and new taxes coming his way, John assumes now that he will work to his dying day.

John has a granddaughter. Ashley is a recent college grad. She drives a flashy hybrid car, wears all the latest fashions, and loves to go out to nightclubs and restaurants. Ashley campaigned hard for Barack Obama. After the election she made sure her grandfather (and all other Republican family members) received a big I told-you-so earful on how the world is going to be a much better place now that her party is taking over.

Having lost both roommates, Ashley recently ran short of cash and cannot pay the rent (again) on her 3 bedroom townhouse... Like she has done many times in the past, she e-mailed her grandfather asking for some financial help.

Here is his reply:

Sweetheart, I received your request for assistance. Ashley, you know I love you dearly and I'm sympathetic to your financial plight. Unfortunately, times have changed. With the election of President Obama, your grandmother and I have had to set forth a bold new economic plan of our own...."The Ashley Economic Empowerment Plan." Let me explain.

Your grandmother and I are life-long, wage-earning tax payers. We have lived a comfortable life, as you know, but we have never had the fancier things like European vacations, luxury cars, etc... We have worked hard and were looking forward to retiring soon. But the plan has changed. Your president is raising our personal and business taxes significantly. He says it is so he can give our hard earned money to other people... Do you know what this means, Ashley? It means less for us, and we must cut back on many business and personal expenses.

You know the wonderful receptionist who worked in my office for more than 23 years? The one who always gave you candy when you came over to visit? I had to let her go last week. I can't afford to pay her salary and all of the government mandated taxes that go with having employees.... Your grandmother will now work 4 days a week to answer phones, take orders and handle the books. We will be closed on Fridays and will lose even more income.

I'm also very sorry to report that your cousin Frank will no longer be working summers in the warehouse. I called him at school this morning. He already knows about it and he's upset because he will have to give up skydiving and his yearly trip to Greenland to survey the polar bears.

That's just the business side of things. Some personal economic effects of Obama's new taxation policies include none other than you. You know very well that over the years your grandmother and I have given you thousands of dollars in cash, tuition assistance, food, housing, clothing, gifts, etc., etc. But by your vote, you have chosen to help others -- not at your expense -- but at our expense.

If you need money now sweetheart, I recommend you call (000) 456-1111. That is the direct phone number for the White House.. You can also contact the White House here: httpwh itehouse.gov/CONTACT/%C2%A0;..

You yourself told me how foolish it is to vote Republican... You said Mr. Obama is going to be the People's President, and is going to help every American live a better life. Based on everything you've told me, along with all the promises we heard during the campaign, I'm sure Mr. Obama will be happy to transfer some stimulus money into your bank account. Have him call me for the account number which I memorized years ago.

Perhaps you can now understand what I've been saying all my life:Those who vote for a president should consider the impact on the nation as a whole, and not be just concerned with what they can get for themselves. What Obama supporters don't seem to realize is all of the money he is redistributing to illegal aliens and non-taxpaying Americans (the so-called "less fortunate") comes from tax-paying families.

Remember how you told me, "Only the richest of the rich will be affected"? Well guess what, honey? Because we own a business, your grandmother and I are now considered to be the richest of the rich. On paper, it might look that way, but in the real world, we are far from it..

As you said while campaigning for Obama, some people will have to carry more of the burden so all of America can prosper... You understand what that means, right? It means that raising taxes on productive people results in them having less money; less money for everything, including granddaughters.

I'm sorry, Ashley, but the well has run dry. The free lunches are over... I have no money to give you now. So, congratulations on your choice for "change." For future reference, I encourage you to try and add up the total value of the gifts and cash you have received from us, just since you went off to college, and compare it to what you expect to get from Mr. Obama over the next 4 (or 8) years. I have not kept track of it, Ashley. It has all truly been the gift of our hearts.

Remember, we love you dearly.... but from now on you'll need to call the number mentioned above. Your "Savior" has the money we would have given to you. Just try and get it from him.

Good luck, sweetheart.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1243271

lol Love it!

Hell, everybody is becoming more selfish and disconnected so don't blame it on grandpa
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1328514

Yes, you are right, that 'I'll be alright jack' attitude has been promoted for years; its objective was to disassociate everyone from each other and its worked a treat in London UK!
There is Only One Truth
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17931651
Denmark
11/16/2012 07:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
i have a son, he is all i have and all i care for in this world.. Well his mom has sided against me and have told My dad lots of lies, guess what, my dad and his girlfriend are complying even he has been not very present in my life they are not supporting my child nor me, they didn't even come to the hospital when my son was born, -still they do not even care

I must say it, even i do not hate my dad, i do hate the culture of the baby boomers, they are so fucking selfish and pure evil, they think they own other people and know what is best for them, i did have friends among those people but they are control freaks and they are totally brainwashed and evil
el3ktra

User ID: 24621917
United States
11/16/2012 07:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Every where I go I see white grandpa's & grandads raising / acting as the male role model for their white daughters unwed african mulatto children.

At least they get raised by a white male and will lose that chip on their shoulder.

Maybe they should have been better fathers instead of putting them in front of the TV as children and having them raised by MTV purposley designed to market thug life for profit and grow the gov't beauracracies.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 243849

clappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25908691
United States
11/16/2012 07:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
an email I am sharing..

John G. is 63 years old and owns a small business. He's a life-long Republican and sees his dream of retiring next year has all but evaporated. With the stock market crashing and new taxes coming his way, John assumes now that he will work to his dying day.

John has a granddaughter. Ashley is a recent college grad. She drives a flashy hybrid car, wears all the latest fashions, and loves to go out to nightclubs and restaurants. Ashley campaigned hard for Barack Obama. After the election she made sure her grandfather (and all other Republican family members) received a big I told-you-so earful on how the world is going to be a much better place now that her party is taking over.

Having lost both roommates, Ashley recently ran short of cash and cannot pay the rent (again) on her 3 bedroom townhouse... Like she has done many times in the past, she e-mailed her grandfather asking for some financial help.

Here is his reply:

Sweetheart, I received your request for assistance. Ashley, you know I love you dearly and I'm sympathetic to your financial plight. Unfortunately, times have changed. With the election of President Obama, your grandmother and I have had to set forth a bold new economic plan of our own...."The Ashley Economic Empowerment Plan." Let me explain.

Your grandmother and I are life-long, wage-earning tax payers. We have lived a comfortable life, as you know, but we have never had the fancier things like European vacations, luxury cars, etc... We have worked hard and were looking forward to retiring soon. But the plan has changed. Your president is raising our personal and business taxes significantly. He says it is so he can give our hard earned money to other people... Do you know what this means, Ashley? It means less for us, and we must cut back on many business and personal expenses.

You know the wonderful receptionist who worked in my office for more than 23 years? The one who always gave you candy when you came over to visit? I had to let her go last week. I can't afford to pay her salary and all of the government mandated taxes that go with having employees.... Your grandmother will now work 4 days a week to answer phones, take orders and handle the books. We will be closed on Fridays and will lose even more income.

I'm also very sorry to report that your cousin Frank will no longer be working summers in the warehouse. I called him at school this morning. He already knows about it and he's upset because he will have to give up skydiving and his yearly trip to Greenland to survey the polar bears.

That's just the business side of things. Some personal economic effects of Obama's new taxation policies include none other than you. You know very well that over the years your grandmother and I have given you thousands of dollars in cash, tuition assistance, food, housing, clothing, gifts, etc., etc. But by your vote, you have chosen to help others -- not at your expense -- but at our expense.

If you need money now sweetheart, I recommend you call (000) 456-1111. That is the direct phone number for the White House.. You can also contact the White House here: httpwh itehouse.gov/CONTACT/%C2%A0;..

You yourself told me how foolish it is to vote Republican... You said Mr. Obama is going to be the People's President, and is going to help every American live a better life. Based on everything you've told me, along with all the promises we heard during the campaign, I'm sure Mr. Obama will be happy to transfer some stimulus money into your bank account. Have him call me for the account number which I memorized years ago.

Perhaps you can now understand what I've been saying all my life:Those who vote for a president should consider the impact on the nation as a whole, and not be just concerned with what they can get for themselves. What Obama supporters don't seem to realize is all of the money he is redistributing to illegal aliens and non-taxpaying Americans (the so-called "less fortunate") comes from tax-paying families.

Remember how you told me, "Only the richest of the rich will be affected"? Well guess what, honey? Because we own a business, your grandmother and I are now considered to be the richest of the rich. On paper, it might look that way, but in the real world, we are far from it..

As you said while campaigning for Obama, some people will have to carry more of the burden so all of America can prosper... You understand what that means, right? It means that raising taxes on productive people results in them having less money; less money for everything, including granddaughters.

I'm sorry, Ashley, but the well has run dry. The free lunches are over... I have no money to give you now. So, congratulations on your choice for "change." For future reference, I encourage you to try and add up the total value of the gifts and cash you have received from us, just since you went off to college, and compare it to what you expect to get from Mr. Obama over the next 4 (or 8) years. I have not kept track of it, Ashley. It has all truly been the gift of our hearts.

Remember, we love you dearly.... but from now on you'll need to call the number mentioned above. Your "Savior" has the money we would have given to you. Just try and get it from him.

Good luck, sweetheart.

lol Love it!

Hell, everybody is becoming more selfish and disconnected so don't blame it on grandpa
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1328514

Yes, you are right, that 'I'll be alright jack' attitude has been promoted for years; its objective was to disassociate everyone from each other and its worked a treat in London UK!
 Quoting: Nemesis-incognitO

Well, grandpa John G. has been misinformed. Obama will not raise his taxes. In fact, the payroll tax holiday was promoted by Obama. In fact, right now, he is lobbying the Republicans in the house to extend the Bush tax cuts for the middle class -- those who make less than $250,000 per year, or 98% of the population. And small businesses that make less than $250,000 per year, or 97% of small businesses overall.
Even Obamacare won't affect John G., unless he employs over fifty people. In that case, his employees have the option of getting private insurance from an insurance exchange, due to be implemented on Jan. 1, 2014. But if so, John G. will have to pay a $2,000 fine for each employee he doesn't insure through the company -- which is less than he would pay for their insurance plans.

So gramps has demostrated to Ashley that he's a gullible fool and has damaged his relationship with her for a long time.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31889131
United States
01/10/2013 07:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
They go on cruises and don't buy Christmas presents for any grandkids. This really hurts the young ones!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1217128
United States
01/10/2013 01:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Dear Grandparent:

Please take care of your grandchild(ren).

Thank you in advance.
doingitbymyselfmomof4​
User ID: 35770596
United States
03/08/2013 09:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am in my early 30's and my paternal grandparents were so awesome and loving and I was shown so much affection and love by them! They taught me a lot about our family history and because of them I know so much. They showered me with love and affection and gifts all the time because my own parents were too busy with work and also there own private lives and issues to be bothered with me. Now that I am an adult with 4 kids of my own my parents don't want much to do with them (go figure) they would rather go out and party and go gambling and go on several vacations a year instead of spend any quality time with their grandchildren and when they do spend time with them they are irritated by them and can't seem to handle it. I never go out and I never visit friends or go to movies or do anything at all because I always have my kids and no sitter. My parents wanted me to abort all of my kids only because they didn't want me to have them because they didn't want to ever become grandparents! They feel...I had these kids so they are my responsibility and they told me that if I choose to have the children then they were going to make sure it was going to be as hard on me as possible because I had decided to have and keep them!!! My oldest 2 kids have wonderful paternal grandparents, but my younger 2 kids have terrible grandparents and my kids know of them, but don't know them and the grandgrandmother has never met her granddaughter and has only seen pictures of her all because her new and perfect life in a lovely Florida community is more important than being a grandma, then again she was a terrible mother to her own kids and in her opinion the Dog, Cat always came first before her children and husband!! As for my parents (all my kids maternal grandparents) like I've said above they are so selfish and hate me for even suggesting them having to babysit while I go to a medically necessary Dr appt!! Sadly "they don't make grandparents like they used to!!!" Its so sad and hard for us parents even stay at home moms (as am I, but in my defense 2 of my kids are special needs!) Because sometimes just every once in a while we just need a break from our kids even if it just to sit around the house with no one home and veg out in peace and quiet to recalculate our thoughts and sanity. But because most grandparents are out enjoying their lives of freedom and luxury us parents have to suffer and in turn so do our children no matter what the cost! I mean no wonder that woman left that baby on the roof of her car in its car seat... She was probably exhausted and has no help with her kid/kids and probably never gets a break from her kid/kids so she probably forgot that she left the poor kid up there and just drove off until getting pulled over and having it brought to her attention and then she gets in trouble for it because of exhaustion and no help all because the grandparents are too busy living their own free, fun, restful lives to give a crap or lend a helping hand!! Like I said.... They Don't Make Grandparents Like They Used To!!!:/
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23554071
United States
03/08/2013 09:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
a UWS journal did a world wide survey and found that grandparents are not stepping up and taking their role as grandparents seriously. "Most grandparents dont think their role is as important as when they were a parent, they feel like they can take a backseat approuch to grandparenting, although most studys prove loving grandparents is of the upmost importance to a child" Sweeden ranked the highest in grandparent involvment in education and Italy ranked highest in grandparent influence in the home, it seems the simply traditions of cooking with grandma cant be beat.
 Quoting: MrMAYOR 16992970

The main job of grandparents is to spoil their grandchildren rotten and send them back to their parents.
LostInForever

User ID: 8282783
03/08/2013 09:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
a UWS journal did a world wide survey and found that grandparents are not stepping up and taking their role as grandparents seriously. "Most grandparents dont think their role is as important as when they were a parent, they feel like they can take a backseat approuch to grandparenting, although most studys prove loving grandparents is of the upmost importance to a child" Sweeden ranked the highest in grandparent involvment in education and Italy ranked highest in grandparent influence in the home, it seems the simply traditions of cooking with grandma cant be beat.

The main job of grandparents is to spoil their grandchildren rotten and send them back to their parents.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23554071

Yeah, I call ixnay on that hombre. We don't let our kids have soda or eat shit food, and my mom repeatedly ignores our requests and brings my son back fucked up as hell from consuming that shit. Then she says oh it's ok, it's diet! Then he's a complete asshole for like the next 3 days.

You can't follow some very simple rules re: my kids, then I won't go out of my way to let you see them. My mom completely fucked up raising me, I'll be damned if I'm gonna let her do it again. I think my situation is not uncommon at all for my age group(I'm 26, my mom is 62.)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18209951
Australia
03/08/2013 09:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am a very active Granma, who adores her relationship with her gorgeous grandson. It is the sweetess love to experience. I get to interact, spoil,indulge and love this beautiful little man without the responsiblities of parenting (That is not my role). It has also strengthened my relationship with my daughter.
I feel sorry for those who can't or won't experience this.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 907170
United States
03/08/2013 09:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
oh yeah they shoved me into a rest home where i get a regular beatdown , have to eat shit everyday, they visit me once a year and wonder why I DONT GIVE A FUCK ANY MORE???!!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17282525

Maybe if you made better cookies they would have kept you around.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16515777

OMG just spit my coffee out laughing so hard !!!!!!!

laugh
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23554071
United States
03/08/2013 09:57 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah, I call ixnay on that hombre. We don't let our kids have soda or eat shit food, and my mom repeatedly ignores our requests and brings my son back fucked up as hell from consuming that shit. Then she says oh it's ok, it's diet! Then he's a complete asshole for like the next 3 days.

You can't follow some very simple rules re: my kids, then I won't go out of my way to let you see them. My mom completely fucked up raising me, I'll be damned if I'm gonna let her do it again. I think my situation is not uncommon at all for my age group(I'm 26, my mom is 62.)
 Quoting: LostInForever

Yeah, raise them your narrow-minded way. If your kid feels rejected fuck him. He's going to be raised your way no matter how he feels about it. After all, his feelings don't count; only yours. Typical German stiff-necked attitude. And you wonder why Germany lost two wars; Deutschland uber alles, right?
LostInForever

User ID: 8282783
03/08/2013 10:08 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: LostInForever

Yeah, raise them your narrow-minded way. If your kid feels rejected fuck him. He's going to be raised your way no matter how he feels about it. After all, his feelings don't count; only yours. Typical German stiff-necked attitude. And you wonder why Germany lost two wars; Deutschland uber alles, right?

You make a lot of assumptions because you dont know any of the facts. But do tell, what is difficult about not feeding a kid processed food and soda? That and a strict nap time are the only rules we have, and we have those rules because if they aren't followed it's my kid that suffers. Yet she can't even handle these two simple rules.

Btw, I'm an American. But yes, Deutschland Uber Alles.

Last Edited by LostInForever on 03/08/2013 10:09 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33457942
United States
03/08/2013 10:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
They are all on SSRIs

[link to www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are frequently recommended as a first-line treatment for depression in elderly patients

SSRIs make you (and fish) antisocial

[link to wap.yahoo.com]

Drugs taken by humans can have unintended side effects — on fish, in the natural environment. Turns out, fish fed extremely low concentrations of an antianxiety drug eat more quickly, and act bolder and more antisocial than their un-medicated peers, a new study finds.

[link to www.psychologytoday.com]
An accompanying effect of SSRI’s is the dulling of feelings that cause depression—and one of the main feelings in this line is empathy. If empathy is dulled and violent impulses increase when young people are on SSRI’s, then certainly that is a recipe for causing harm to others

The old folks need to be on weed

[link to www.tokeofthetown.com]

Israel's Ministry of Health in 2008 approved limited use of medical marijuana, and now that the nation's elderly residents are eligible for cannabis prescriptions, they're giving it high marks, reports Andrew Belonsky at death + taxes.

"What does it do? It makes me tranquil and less uptight," said patient Moshe Rott, reports Eric W. Dolan at Raw Story. "I'm able to take it easy, and I feel restful. Before that my hands were in pain, like someone suffering from Parkinson's disease. It stopped after three months. My hands don't shake anymore, and it's totally different
."
mike12
User ID: 52276141
Australia
01/01/2014 03:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
an email I am sharing..

Here is his reply:

Good luck, sweetheart.
mike12
User ID: 52276141
Australia
01/01/2014 03:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
an email I am sharing..

Here is his reply:

Good luck, sweetheart.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 52272375
Japan
01/01/2014 03:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
New studies show human beings in general are becoming more selfish and disconnected.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20812629
Canada
01/01/2014 03:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
yup it's true, of my 4 grandparents, 2 were dead before i was born, and the other 2 really didnt give a shit at all, they barely cared about their kids forget the grandkids

super super selfish, like they hid the cookies/snacks when we would be forced to visit them as kids, and they werent poor

i see some caring grandparents sometimes, and i wonder what difference it could have made.. for sure i wont ever know, but it must be nice..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35417942
United States
01/01/2014 03:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
My parents never gave a crap about my son.
but then again they never gave a crap about me.
Karma is a bitch, me thinks.

They will have to meet their maker before their Grandchildren.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5955254
United States
01/01/2014 04:07 AM
Report Abusive Post

It is because Grandparents are starting to realize their "special" little angel grandchildren are never going to be much better than the Slackers, Gen-xers, and Millennials they see trying to "occupy" and get a free ride somehow.

Lol.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37057710
United States
01/01/2014 04:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
I hope that today's grandparents, if there's anything left of their property when the socialists are done stealing it. leave it all to an animal shelter just so the younger generation can't get any more entitlements than they have already. Grandparents of today actually have to do more for their grandchildren than earlier generations ever did because today's parents can't hold a job, a marriage or a set of personal morals and think they can use their own parents for free childcare and social services. Any elderly in their right minds would want to 'disconnect' from today's braindead (and criminally dangerous) sluts and deadbeats just out of common self-preservation.

Whenever we start seeing the word 'selfish' tossed around connected with the elderly, it is always greedy(and lazy) younger people whining because they cannot take what doesn't belong to them and what they did nothing to earn. Nobody owes any of us anything in this world just for being born - and by now, since so many of our 'grandchildren' generation were born out of wedlock and indiscriminate bloodlines, there's nothing left there worth taking any extra trouble to save. Let them save themselves and what's left of their race, if they can. They didn't want any advice from their elders when it was forthcoming and they don't deserve any more 'bailouts.'
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 48438812
United States
01/01/2014 04:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
obamacide will take care of the selfish old fuckers

ask them how that trip too the death panel went right soon you can
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 48061315
Canada
01/01/2014 05:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
All the grandparents I know spend a lot of time and money on their grandchildren. Several of them are raising their grandchildren which is far from easy as you get older.

For the most part it seems to be the parents who are demanding and selfish, expecting that the grandparents be at their beck and call to take over for them. They also set a list of rules by so-called experts that parents expect grandparents to follow for the privilege of seeing their grandchildren.

Sorry but if your parents raised you they just might have a bit more experience than you do. Isn't it funny how ever since so called food experts got involved in telling everyone how to eat we have rampant obesity, allergies and diseases.

You want us to take care of your children but put our common sense and experience aside and follow your mainly rediculous rules .... In other words you want free babysitting with the bonus of generous gift-giving. Time spent with our grandchildren usually comes with a long list of YOUR demands. Our time and personal life (what remains of it) must come second to your needs and whims.

To the arrogant parent who complains about grandparents not following HIS simple list ....... you're a prime example! When today's grandparents were parents we actually respected our parents more than the million of conflicting child psychology books on the market.

I am a very involved grandparent but from what I see I do not blame those who are not.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 44880199
United States
01/01/2014 05:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
obamacide will take care of the selfish old fuckers

ask them how that trip too the death panel went right soon you can
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 48438812

The "selfish old fuckers" welcome the death panels and would rather not live in your world where all you "selfish young fuckers" voted for Santa Monkey to provide all the things that they could not provide for themselves or their bastard children.
The Problem with Socialism is that eventually, you will run out of other people's money.
It will be a sad world that is run by a 3rd world people that have no concept of freedom, therefore an America under a repressed dictatorship will come as little supprise to them. Worse yet, the parents of these "grandchildren", glued to their student loans and Ipads will have become the victims that have not the education , skills or the resources to have selfishly bred them in the first place. Elections have consequences kiddies. Time to grow up.

rant

GLP