I need to talk to somebody, anyone!

Demonic

User ID: 12662903
United Kingdom
06/04/2012 09:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: I need to talk to somebody, anyone!
Help Glp'ers, I'm going a bit crazy here in South Africa. This country sucks! I have a small sheep farm, basically self-sustaining. Grow all my own food, with a Jersey cow for dairy needs. I bought this little farm about 5 years ago. I am so damn angry! TPTB have just upped my monthly payment. Our electricity has gone up again..... I pay R1000.00 line charges every month. This is just so I can have access to power to pump water from the borehole, etc, which then adds another R1000.00 of electricity used onto my bill. Of course they know that solar power is totally unaffordable here, I got a quote of R45000.00. Ludicrious. Running a generator is just as bad with fuel costing R12.00/l. The only thing keeping me going are my dogs.... which are crucial for my safety and Glp. Of course, internet costs are astronomical, R289.00/gig! What to do, what to do. DOOOOOOOM must come quickly. Sorry about the ranting and raving and tks for listening. GBYA
 Quoting: ShepherdGirl

I will come and live with you. Together we will discover the true meaning of progress.
:sun:Ardhanarishvara | You died, and death was complete freedom from suffering - bliss. But it very quickly got lonely and repetitive in bliss, so you decided to be born once more. You've been doing this forever.

Whilst I may not agree with what you say, I will defend to the death my right to disagree with you.

Some say "think outside the box". I say "what fucking box?!" xx:taosmilie:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17020816
Canada
06/04/2012 09:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Are you aware of Agenda 21? If not you should be because this is part of it. They don't want you being self-sufficient. They want you living in a city and dependent on them.

They will tax you and anyone like you until you can't afford it. They are going to take your land.

How do you stop it? Mass civil uprising. Peaceful at first and if that doesn't work then Civil War.

Some things are worth fighting and dying for and freedom and property rights are a couple.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17020816

The hell they will! There is no way they putting me in the city. I will fight for my right to be free and live my own lifestyle. Agenda 21 is real bad news. Land appropriation is my biggest concern here. What a joke..

While I admire your spirit there is no way on Earth that you can do it alone. They will crush you like a bug. You need to 'rally the troops' so-to-speak.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
06/04/2012 09:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Help Glp'ers, I'm going a bit crazy here in South Africa. This country sucks! I have a small sheep farm, basically self-sustaining. Grow all my own food, with a Jersey cow for dairy needs. I bought this little farm about 5 years ago. I am so damn angry! TPTB have just upped my monthly payment. Our electricity has gone up again..... I pay R1000.00 line charges every month. This is just so I can have access to power to pump water from the borehole, etc, which then adds another R1000.00 of electricity used onto my bill. Of course they know that solar power is totally unaffordable here, I got a quote of R45000.00. Ludicrious. Running a generator is just as bad with fuel costing R12.00/l. The only thing keeping me going are my dogs.... which are crucial for my safety and Glp. Of course, internet costs are astronomical, R289.00/gig! What to do, what to do. DOOOOOOOM must come quickly. Sorry about the ranting and raving and tks for listening. GBYA

I will come and live with you. Together we will discover the true meaning of progress.
 Quoting: Demonic

Says the Demon who tries to get dimwits to part with their soul.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
06/04/2012 09:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Winter coming on there?
Most of Farmers/Ranchers there live in perpetual mortal danger from thugs. do you have trusted help?
 Quoting: Muzzle

Getting rather chilly here now, -3°c at present. Yes my dogs, 4 boxers and 1 sheepdog and 8 puppies born last week, among other things. Trustworthy help is very hard to find here, safer without. Most of the crime is from the internal help.

Are you armed? If not can you buy weapons? Do you have access to training? Survival skills?
CB24SD

User ID: 12932452
Belgium
06/04/2012 09:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
...Make more money? I understand where you're coming from though, life can be such a beautiful thing... if others don't try to take it away from you.

Try selling your dairy products or your vegetables? Breed with the cow and sell the young ones in a couple of months? I'm just thinking out loud here... One of the plans I'm currently (part time obv) working on is growing small fruit or vegetable plants, preferably ones that are harder to grow, stuff you can't really find where you live,... and sell or trade them when they're strong and big enough!

Try cutting down on other costs that potentially could be replaced through a trading system? No idea if it's possible there though, but over here, I know of a couple of places where I could go to trade stuff for other stuff or services.
CB24SD!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15078423
United States
06/04/2012 09:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
I feel for you op, I am also stuggling, just to try and keep food on the table for my family. It sucks big time. I do feel things will turn around for all of us at some point, just hope it happens before too much longer. Don't know how much longer we can all hang on, but want you to know I am sending you good wishes and good wishes and prayers for us all.:)
justmeoneofmany
User ID: 1305840
United States
06/04/2012 11:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

Look up water wells for Africa
They might be able to help you
they put in water wells for people
They also take donations so people like you can get water
I am supposed to get money soon. Maybe we can work something out for me to put in a pump for you. Do you know if you have any water veins on your land. I also water witch with an olive branch. MY DAD does it and hit water every-time.
He was ask to witch a water vain. They couldn't locate water even with their machines and all their tec. The man who needed water did not believe in what I and my father did.
He spent thousands of dollars trying to find a vain. He finally said for my Father to come out and give it a try.
My Father went a few yards from were they had been drilling. He struck a water vain not more then five min
after he got there. They started taking out water out of the vain and got about 3500 gallons per min..I and my father have never missed. My Father is a good man and only charged them a few hundred dollars. If he would charge a percentage of the water that comes out he would be a rich man. 25 cents on each gallon would be up in the millions right now. My Father said that is not how he does it. So i would be willing to help..Let me know what you think...
You can write me at [email protected]. We have done irrigation all our life's. I have put in systems that where Over 500 Acres. above and below ground..hope to hear from you soon. It is up to you..I would need traveling paid.
My Father is almost 87 and would not want to make the trip
It is up to you...You could be sitting on millions of gallons if not billions in water veins...
justmeoneofmany
User ID: 1305840
United States
06/04/2012 11:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

Look up water wells for Africa
They might be able to help you
they put in water wells for people
They also take donations so people like you can get water
I am supposed to get money soon. Maybe we can work something out for me to put in a pump for you. Do you know if you have any water veins on your land. I also water witch with an olive branch. MY DAD does it and hit water every-time.
He was ask to witch a water vain. They couldn't locate water even with their machines and all their tec. The man who needed water did not believe in what I and my father did.
He spent thousands of dollars trying to find a vain. He finally said for my Father to come out and give it a try.
My Father went a few yards from were they had been drilling. He struck a water vain not more then five min
after he got there. They started taking out water out of the vain and got about 3500 gallons per min..I and my father have never missed. My Father is a good man and only charged them a few hundred dollars. If he would charge a percentage of the water that comes out he would be a rich man. 25 cents on each gallon would be up in the millions right now. My Father said that is not how he does it. So i would be willing to help..Let me know what you think...
You can write me at [email protected]. We have done irrigation all our life's. I have put in systems that where Over 500 Acres. above and below ground..hope to hear from you soon. It is up to you..I would need traveling paid.
My Father is almost 87 and would not want to make the trip
It is up to you...You could be sitting on millions of gallons if not billions in water veins...
 Quoting: justmeoneofmany 1305840

I meant 35,000 gallons per minute,,Sometimes i type to fast without looking to make sure i spelled things right...LOL
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10422700
United States
06/04/2012 11:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Would you like my number?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33289174
South Africa
01/29/2013 06:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
hope you come right hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 60687608
United Kingdom
07/24/2014 04:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sounds like you need to move
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 60694963
United States
07/24/2014 04:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Can you update us as to what you decided to do OP.Seeing this thread is from 2012 and someone has bumped it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34166864
United States
07/24/2014 05:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

Wow! You imported a dairy cow from New Jersey?

What does the "R" stand for? Rupees? Rubles?

sheep

GLP