Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,938 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 340,555
Pageviews Today: 536,998Threads Today: 180Posts Today: 2,649
06:47 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Central Banks Promise To Save World On Monday If Greece Elects A Crazy Person This Weekend

G3

User ID: 497757
United States
06/15/2012 11:08 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Central Banks Promise To Save World On Monday If Greece Elects A Crazy Person This Weekend

Read more:

[link to www.businessinsider.com]

Last Edited by G3 on 06/15/2012 11:35 PM
G3  (OP)

United States
06/15/2012 11:27 PM

Report Abusive Post
Re: Central Banks Promise To Save World On Monday If Greece Elects A Crazy Person This Weekend
popcorn
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17746506
United States
06/15/2012 11:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Central Banks Promise To Save World On Monday If Greece Elects A Crazy Person This Weekend
The link doesn't work for me
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1089603
New Zealand
06/15/2012 11:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
KateSask

User ID: 15170057
Canada
06/15/2012 11:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
I heard this on the news this AM....kicking the can down the road further is all. OMG

Candle Lake, CANADA in Pictures ~ [link to www.dennischamberlain.com]
G3  (OP)

United States
06/15/2012 11:36 PM

Report Abusive Post
The link doesn't work for me
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17746506

Ok, thanks, it's fixed now

[link to www.businessinsider.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4619492
United States
06/15/2012 11:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
greeks would be crazy to continue with these central banks.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17746506
United States
06/15/2012 11:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you, cheers! 5 *

hf
G3  (OP)

United States
06/15/2012 11:59 PM

Report Abusive Post
Thank you, cheers! 5 *

hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17746506

headbang
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17984819
Spain
06/16/2012 04:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Mervyn King, Head of Bank of England called a meeting a couple of weeks ago where heads of the Central Banks attended - including China. There was a few articles about it at the time. He announced last Thursday that they were all preparing to co-ordinate, depending on the Greek outcome.

The thing is, they won't know immediately what will happen in Greece. None of the parties want to leave the €uro, they just want to re-negotiate the terms of the bailout package.

If it's going to hit the fan then it'll more than likely be July because that's when Greece are due to make their next interest payments and they can't do that without the next round of bailout money. They won't get that bailout money if they don't agree to stick to the original terms. At that point they will default on the bailout loan agreement and then..... ???

It's absurd anyway that they're getting more bailout money from the very countries they've got to pay interest payments too! If I owed my bank €100 and asked to borrow another €100 from that same bank just so I could pay them back, they'd laugh at me.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17984819
Spain
06/16/2012 04:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
I found a link to the "Secret Summit" held by Mervyn King. The article was from 26th May so they've had their chips lined up a for awhile now but only announced co-ordinated plans, last Thursday.

"London will this week host a private global summit on the world financial crisis amid mounting pressure on eurozone economies.
No agenda has been published and there will be no communique issued afterwards.
‘It is a private, off-the-record meeting,’ said a source.
"

Read more: [link to www.thisismoney.co.uk]
insertfunnyusername

User ID: 17920076
Greece
06/16/2012 06:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wooooww, thank you central banks! How considerate of you to step up and save the day. Great souls these bankers, modern day superheros.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1496863
United Kingdom
06/16/2012 06:37 AM
Report Abusive Post

If it's going to hit the fan then it'll more than likely be July because that's when Greece are due to make their next interest payments and they can't do that without the next round of bailout money. They won't get that bailout money if they don't agree to stick to the original terms. At that point they will default on the bailout loan agreement and then..... ???

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17984819

you may be right their son
G3  (OP)

United States
06/16/2012 11:59 AM

Report Abusive Post
I found a link to the "Secret Summit" held by Mervyn King. The article was from 26th May so they've had their chips lined up a for awhile now but only announced co-ordinated plans, last Thursday.

"London will this week host a private global summit on the world financial crisis amid mounting pressure on eurozone economies.
No agenda has been published and there will be no communique issued afterwards.
‘It is a private, off-the-record meeting,’ said a source.
"

Read more: [link to www.thisismoney.co.uk]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17984819

Very interesting.

TY

headbang

GLP