User ID: 6038128
United States
07/07/2012 09:35 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
‘You’re promoting HATE’: Toronto police shut down preacher at Gay Pride parade
HERE IS WHAT JESUS SAID ABOUT HATE: IT"S NOT WHAT THE GAY ".COMMUNITY THINKS:

JOHN 15:18
If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.

TORONTO, Ontario, July 6, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A Christian preacher spreading God’s word on a sidewalk in Toronto during the Gay Pride Parade on Canada Day was verbally assaulted by homosexual supporters as police watched, and was later surrounded by as many as 12 officers who forced him to vacate the area.

“I felt a bit threatened by the Law Enforcement violating my rights,” preacher David Lynn told LifeSiteNews.

“It was really hurtful, because if that’s what happens when Christians stand up and exercise and practice their faith, then we’re not far from being imprisoned or even killed for the faith.”

Lynn and his ministry team had set up a portable microphone system on a small cart, near the corner of Yonge and Wellesley, from which they preached and handed out religious tracts and free bibles.

Attached above the cart was a banner which read, “Free info about Jesus.”

A rainbow colored banner nearby the cart displayed the message, “Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18.”

Lynn told LifeSiteNews that he was there at the parade to preach to the LGBT community about the love of God.

“Jesus died for the entire world,” he said. “Everybody has an opportunity to be saved, including people at the Pride parade. There is no difference between them and me. I am a sinner just like they are. I wouldn’t have wasted my time if I didn’t think God’s loves them, if I didn’t think that there is hope for them.”

But Lynn’s Gospel message of love was seen as confrontational by some. Video cameras captured Lynn’s peaceful interactions with participants at the event and subsequent police intervention.

“You’re being disrespectful by showing up and spewing your Jesus sh*t at a f***ing pride event,” shouted a woman in a tight pink t-shirt wearing sunglasses.

Next a man walked up with a water bottle and doused the preacher and the young man who was filming the event.

After this Lynn offered to share his mic with those who had surrounded him so that they could have a back and forth conversation. However, at this point police officers arrived on the scene wearing Gay Pride rainbow stickers. They asked the preacher if he had a permit for what he was doing.

Lynn said that he did not need a permit to preach.

“You are causing a disturbance right now,” officer T. Adams responded.

Lynn then appealed to the Charter’s rights and freedoms saying that there was nothing wrong with him having a conversation with people and “preaching what I believe”.

“You don’t have a permit for that; so that’s [the mic] off,” the officer said.

Lynn turned off his portable mic system and began to preach again.

But police began to surround him, effectively cutting him off from the people he was addressing.

“Guys, everybody, by staying listening to it you’re helping him get his message across. If you ignore him, it all goes away,” shouted officer Adams to the crowd.

Lynn then accused the officer of “taking sides.” By now six officers had surrounded the preacher.

“This is Canada Day, and I have freedom to believe whatever I want to believe and to preach what I want to preach,” said Lynn to the gathering police force.

One officer shouted at the cameraman “Hey, you’re blocking the sidewalk now”, and forcefully grabbed for the camera. Other cameras that caught the action show a police officer manhandling Lynn’s cameraman, pushing him along the sidewalk.

“Pack it up,” officers repeatedly said.

By now Lynn was surrounded by as many as 12 police officers.

“I don’t need a permit to preach,” Lynn said. “You’re discriminating against me because I’m preaching the Gospel.”

“You’re promoting hate,” staff sergeant R. Pasini said.

Police finally compelled Lynn to leave amid shouts of “Thank you Toronto police” from pro-homosexual spectators.

“What really disturbed me the most was to see the police assault our 17-year-old cameraman,” Lynn said to LifeSiteNews.

Lynn also says he was flabbergasted by the “hate” that was shown to him and his ministry team by the homosexual paraders.

“To see Christians hated so aggressively by members in that community…I haven’t seen that level of hatred. And there were cheers for that kind of hatred and that kind of discrimination. If that’s what that parade is about — hatred towards Christianity — that’s scary.”

Lynn was also distraught that the police were “supporting them and their hatred and their discrimination and their assault when all I was doing was saying ‘Jesus loves you.’”

Despite all the hostility, Lynn says that his street ministry that day was not in vain.

“Over 100 free bibles were voluntarily picked up.” An estimated 5000 tracts filled with Gospel messages were also picked up.

“We were expecting that people would come to faith in Christ, be saved, be set free, and feel the love of Christ. Despite opposition, we reached our goal,” he said.

Lynn says it is “possible” that he might pursue legal action against the Toronto Police Force if it will “help the Gospel message to be spread and help people on the streets who preach the faith to feel safe”.

“I think I was violated. I don’t think that’s how the police should treat people. That’s bigotry at its worst. That’s hypocrisy. That’s using a double standard.”

Seemingly unfazed by the Pride Parade confrontation, an optimistic Lynn was back preaching on the streets of Toronto on Tuesday with his portable information booth stocked full of “Free info about Jesus.”
Susie

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.....Matthew 6:21
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: Ecclesiastes 3:1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19257335
Canada
07/07/2012 09:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: ‘You’re promoting HATE’: Toronto police shut down preacher at Gay Pride parade
bsflag
christian  (OP)
Suited up and Armored in Christ!

United States
07/07/2012 09:40 PM

Report Abusive Post
Re: ‘You’re promoting HATE’: Toronto police shut down preacher at Gay Pride parade
Proverbs 29:27 The righteous detest the dishonest; the wicked detest the upright.

Isaiah 66:5 Hear the word of the LORD, you who tremble at his word: "Your brothers who hate you, and exclude you because of my name, have said, 'Let the LORD be glorified, that we may see your joy!' Yet they will be put to shame.

Matthew 10:22 All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Matthew 24:9 "Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

John 7:7 The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify that what it does is evil.

John 16:1 "All this I have told you so that you will not go astray.

John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
Susie

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: Ecclesiastes 3:1
christian  (OP)

United States
07/07/2012 09:40 PM

Report Abusive Post
bsflag
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19257335

HERE IS THE VIDEO...

[link to www.lifesitenews.com]
Susie

Bowyn Aerrow

User ID: 17665927
United States
07/07/2012 10:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
I believe that eating pork is a sin - a huge sin, one where you are doing abomination.

At no time in my 70+ years have I walked into a Paork BBQ place and started preaching the Law and telling how it is that Jesus never touched pork and that its unclean and abomination.

As much as you might want to spin this to make this preacher out to be a 'good guy' the fact was he knew that going to gay pride and preaching anything about homosexuality would incite a riot. Just like I know my going to a Pork BBQ place preaching how its sinful to eat pork would incite a riot.

There is right time and a right place for everything. Preacher picked the wrong - and on purpose too.
"My Dog, its full of fleas!"
-David Bowwow

“A paranoid is someone who knows a little of what's going on. A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on.”
- William S. Burroughs
FierySky

User ID: 7612693
United States
07/07/2012 11:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
How can you say there is a wrong time to tell the truth. If you believe strongly that eating pork is a sin, then you should by all means help others. This preacher had a right to preach and to lead men to repentance and salvation in Jesus Christ. If another can determine what is a reasonable place or time for one to speak truth in Christ Jesus, then we will NOT be allowed to speak it at all.

The hate of these angry homosexuals was wrong for if the man was no threat to them, they should have just ignored him. Yet, they were filled with violent anger and that tells us something. Something very important.

He should have been allowed to speak. you may not agree with what he had to say, but you should agree to protect his freedom of speech if you value yours.
christian  (OP)

United States
07/07/2012 11:31 PM

Report Abusive Post
I believe that eating pork is a sin - a huge sin, one where you are doing abomination.

At no time in my 70+ years have I walked into a Paork BBQ place and started preaching the Law and telling how it is that Jesus never touched pork and that its unclean and abomination.

As much as you might want to spin this to make this preacher out to be a 'good guy' the fact was he knew that going to gay pride and preaching anything about homosexuality would incite a riot. Just like I know my going to a Pork BBQ place preaching how its sinful to eat pork would incite a riot.

There is right time and a right place for everything. Preacher picked the wrong - and on purpose too.
 Quoting: Bowyn Aerrow

Do Physicians treat healthy or sick people?

The Gospel is taken to all who have ears to hear, and maybe some do at a Gay Parade...
Susie

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2773085
United States
07/07/2012 11:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Typical Toronto leftists, filled with hate while calling everyone who disagrees with them "haters"
christian  (OP)

United States
07/07/2012 11:46 PM

Report Abusive Post
There is no doubt..The Christian Faith is Under Attack....

Christians at the Muslim Event in Dearborn Michigan were hurled stones by un-ruly Muslim Kids no one did a thing..

Toronto The Preacher is thrown out of a GAY Parade

and a Christian Pastor in Arizona is going to Jail for 60 days because he held Bible Studies at his home....
Susie

jadksn
User ID: 18789637
United States
07/07/2012 11:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
While I think the preacher is a bit of an asshole, a truly free society wouldn't have shut the xTians down unless there was indeed a disruption of the events.

The Xtians were imposing on a previously planned and probably cleared by the state event, but they had a right to be there.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1037852
Italy
07/07/2012 11:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
I was st Toronto Pride and it rocked!! So suck it!

There was lots of pro gay clergy there anyway, so suck that too! Bwaa haa haa!!!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19283641
United Kingdom
07/07/2012 11:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
clappa
christian  (OP)

United States
07/07/2012 11:53 PM

Report Abusive Post
I was st Toronto Pride and it rocked!! So suck it!

There was lots of pro gay clergy there anyway, so suck that too! Bwaa haa haa!!!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1037852

What is Pro Gay CLergy?
Susie

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1862457
United States
07/07/2012 11:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
HERE IS WHAT JESUS SAID ABOUT HATE: IT"S NOT WHAT THE GAY ".COMMUNITY THINKS:

JOHN 15:18
If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.

TORONTO, Ontario, July 6, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A Christian preacher spreading God’s word on a sidewalk in Toronto during the Gay Pride Parade on Canada Day was verbally assaulted by homosexual supporters as police watched, and was later surrounded by as many as 12 officers who forced him to vacate the area.

“I felt a bit threatened by the Law Enforcement violating my rights,” preacher David Lynn told LifeSiteNews.

“It was really hurtful, because if that’s what happens when Christians stand up and exercise and practice their faith, then we’re not far from being imprisoned or even killed for the faith.”

Lynn and his ministry team had set up a portable microphone system on a small cart, near the corner of Yonge and Wellesley, from which they preached and handed out religious tracts and free bibles.

Attached above the cart was a banner which read, “Free info about Jesus.”

A rainbow colored banner nearby the cart displayed the message, “Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18.”

Lynn told LifeSiteNews that he was there at the parade to preach to the LGBT community about the love of God.

“Jesus died for the entire world,” he said. “Everybody has an opportunity to be saved, including people at the Pride parade. There is no difference between them and me. I am a sinner just like they are. I wouldn’t have wasted my time if I didn’t think God’s loves them, if I didn’t think that there is hope for them.”

But Lynn’s Gospel message of love was seen as confrontational by some. Video cameras captured Lynn’s peaceful interactions with participants at the event and subsequent police intervention.

“You’re being disrespectful by showing up and spewing your Jesus sh*t at a f***ing pride event,” shouted a woman in a tight pink t-shirt wearing sunglasses.

Next a man walked up with a water bottle and doused the preacher and the young man who was filming the event.

After this Lynn offered to share his mic with those who had surrounded him so that they could have a back and forth conversation. However, at this point police officers arrived on the scene wearing Gay Pride rainbow stickers. They asked the preacher if he had a permit for what he was doing.

Lynn said that he did not need a permit to preach.

“You are causing a disturbance right now,” officer T. Adams responded.

Lynn then appealed to the Charter’s rights and freedoms saying that there was nothing wrong with him having a conversation with people and “preaching what I believe”.

“You don’t have a permit for that; so that’s [the mic] off,” the officer said.

Lynn turned off his portable mic system and began to preach again.

But police began to surround him, effectively cutting him off from the people he was addressing.

“Guys, everybody, by staying listening to it you’re helping him get his message across. If you ignore him, it all goes away,” shouted officer Adams to the crowd.

Lynn then accused the officer of “taking sides.” By now six officers had surrounded the preacher.

“This is Canada Day, and I have freedom to believe whatever I want to believe and to preach what I want to preach,” said Lynn to the gathering police force.

One officer shouted at the cameraman “Hey, you’re blocking the sidewalk now”, and forcefully grabbed for the camera. Other cameras that caught the action show a police officer manhandling Lynn’s cameraman, pushing him along the sidewalk.

“Pack it up,” officers repeatedly said.

By now Lynn was surrounded by as many as 12 police officers.

“I don’t need a permit to preach,” Lynn said. “You’re discriminating against me because I’m preaching the Gospel.”

“You’re promoting hate,” staff sergeant R. Pasini said.

Police finally compelled Lynn to leave amid shouts of “Thank you Toronto police” from pro-homosexual spectators.

“What really disturbed me the most was to see the police assault our 17-year-old cameraman,” Lynn said to LifeSiteNews.

Lynn also says he was flabbergasted by the “hate” that was shown to him and his ministry team by the homosexual paraders.

“To see Christians hated so aggressively by members in that community…I haven’t seen that level of hatred. And there were cheers for that kind of hatred and that kind of discrimination. If that’s what that parade is about — hatred towards Christianity — that’s scary.”

Lynn was also distraught that the police were “supporting them and their hatred and their discrimination and their assault when all I was doing was saying ‘Jesus loves you.’”

Despite all the hostility, Lynn says that his street ministry that day was not in vain.

“Over 100 free bibles were voluntarily picked up.” An estimated 5000 tracts filled with Gospel messages were also picked up.

“We were expecting that people would come to faith in Christ, be saved, be set free, and feel the love of Christ. Despite opposition, we reached our goal,” he said.

Lynn says it is “possible” that he might pursue legal action against the Toronto Police Force if it will “help the Gospel message to be spread and help people on the streets who preach the faith to feel safe”.

“I think I was violated. I don’t think that’s how the police should treat people. That’s bigotry at its worst. That’s hypocrisy. That’s using a double standard.”

Seemingly unfazed by the Pride Parade confrontation, an optimistic Lynn was back preaching on the streets of Toronto on Tuesday with his portable information booth stocked full of “Free info about Jesus.”
 Quoting: christian

your the reason there is gay pride. why do you think it exists becaue up until very recently that was the norm for gays, constant bashing verbally phssically , spiritually
let people be accept and open your hearts to people , jesus would have, he would not have judged them. thats not how you win the hearts of people and if you really knew the teachings of jesus you would know that
VATICAN SHILL!!!!!
AChristian
User ID: 19306920
United States
07/08/2012 12:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Since when was preaching about getting saved through Jesus Christ and going to Heaven hate? You would think everyone, including the homosexual would want to go to Heaven. It was the homosexuals that hated there and they should be ashamed of themselves. If homosexuals have the right to publically profess their sins in a public arena, the preacher has every right to preach in that same public arena.. Key word here, PUBLIC.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1037852
Italy
07/08/2012 12:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Catholic priests, Ministers, Reverends, you name it. They were all Christian leaders and they were marching in the parade.
bendinglight

User ID: 2143478
United States
07/08/2012 12:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why can't people keep their religions to themselves?
sheeplechristiantruthisallaround
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14493050
United States
07/08/2012 12:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
All discrimination and violence directed towards Gays and Lesbians has its root in the christianity and islam. I am glad the Gay and Lesbian community is finally standing up to the hate mongering preachers hiding behind their bibles.
christian  (OP)

United States
07/08/2012 12:05 AM

Report Abusive Post
You said:

your the reason there is gay pride. why do you think it exists becaue up until very recently that was the norm for gays, constant bashing verbally phssically , spiritually
let people be accept and open your hearts to people , jesus would have, he would not have judged them. thats not how you win the hearts of people and if you really knew the teachings of jesus you would know that
VATICAN SHILL!!!!!

So if the entire world accepted Homosexuality and those who partake in it, then why did Jesus have to come to earth, to preach then be tortured and killed??? If no one has to repent of SINS??? Do you think Jesus just wasted his time, because people are going to sin and expect blessings for sinning...
Susie

King Of All Ducks
User ID: 1221628
United States
07/08/2012 12:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why can't people keep their religions to themselves?
:sheeplechristian::truthisallaround:
 Quoting: bendinglight

That is what the tyrants in the old Soviet Union demanded. Look what happened to them.

Same thing in Communist China, Cuba, Vietnam, Laos, North Korea.

Go all the back to France during it's bloody Revolution over 200+ years ago. Look what happened to them. Chaos, blood, mass murder.

Better to have religion in public than not at all.
christian  (OP)

United States
07/08/2012 12:07 AM

Report Abusive Post
Catholic priests, Ministers, Reverends, you name it. They were all Christian leaders and they were marching in the parade.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1037852

So these clergy think none of the Homosexuals in the Parade have nothing to repent about? The Church gives them a free Pass?

It seems like Homosexuals have changed the Church, instead of the Church changing homosexuals? That's a New Twist.

Kinda upside down don't ya think?
Susie

christian  (OP)

United States
07/08/2012 12:14 AM

Report Abusive Post
I wonder if any Homosexuals thinks he or she has anything to repent about?

Amazing that one group of individuals has NO SIN to repent of..In fact they are so sinless they have Changed the Church to accomodate the way they want to live..

Seems like they are trying to convey a message that their THRONE reins higher than the GOD of the Universe..

Amazing....
Susie

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15317445
Canada
07/08/2012 12:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Would Christians be comfortable with gay people protesting at any and every event the Christians have or would they scream persecution?
bendinglight

User ID: 2143478
United States
07/08/2012 12:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Would Christians be comfortable with gay people protesting at any and every event the Christians have or would they scream persecution?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15317445

Exactly, we all believe different things.
We're also all different sizes and colors!
We all are different but all humans in this world together.
As long as we don't HURT each other.. we all should respect each other!
It's time people cut the poop, the hate... and start respecting and loving one another.
Maybe the World wouldn't be so explosion then!

ana

cheers
watchZEITGEISTnow

User ID: 1746634
Australia
07/08/2012 12:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Christian God would want people to openly preach hatred to another fellow human being....

...or am I missing something here?
NASA Moon - Mars - Saturn ANOMALIES: [link to www.youtube.com]
christian  (OP)

United States
07/08/2012 12:43 AM

Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15317445

I think they do, Homosexuals today Whine and Complain more than all the Kids in the USA's Nursery Schools...
Susie

christian  (OP)

United States
07/08/2012 12:44 AM

Report Abusive Post
Christian God would want people to openly preach hatred to another fellow human being....

Quoting: watchZEITGEISTnow

What part of the Gospel do you think is HATE?????
Susie

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19315560
Australia
07/08/2012 12:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: watchZEITGEISTnow

exactly cruise
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14899339
United States
07/08/2012 12:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hey thats cool preach amongst yourself but don't push that shit on us.

Its the whole fucking point of the country, your rights are respect in as an individual the collective doesn't give a shit what crazy nonsense that is.
Kiljaeden

User ID: 4022785
Canada
07/08/2012 12:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
You said:

VATICAN SHILL!!!!!

So if the entire world accepted Homosexuality and those who partake in it, then why did Jesus have to come to earth, to preach then be tortured and killed??? If no one has to repent of SINS??? Do you think Jesus just wasted his time, because people are going to sin and expect blessings for sinning...

norespect

Do you understand how crazy you sound to normal people?
not even hitler can top drowning an entire planet of people.
atheism isn't a religion, it's a personal relationship with reality.
being an atheist, a christian threatening me with hell is like a
hippie threatening to punch me in my aura.

United States
07/08/2012 12:57 AM

Report Abusive Post
You said:

VATICAN SHILL!!!!!

norespect

Do you understand how crazy you sound to normal people?
 Quoting: Kiljaeden

Why?

Because you can't figure out how to answer the question????
Susie

GLP