Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1248699
United States
07/14/2012 01:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
UFOs = TIME TRAVELERS
Ask yourself this question:

Do you think that at ANY time in the future (whether it's 10 years from now or 10,000 years from now), time travel will be possible?

If you answer "yes" to that question, then it must be conceded that it's possible we're now (and have been in the past) being visited.

Physicists have theorized that time travel might involve the "bending" of the time line. In other words, it would part from our linear time/space way of thinking. Take a piece of paper. Draw a dot on one end of the paper and draw another dot on the other end of the paper. Instead of trying to get from one dot to the other by traveling across the paper, you would instead fold the paper in half, thus effectively bringing your destination closer to you. If I remember correctly, wormholes are involved. I'm sure there are people on GLP who are more apprised of the details than I am.

Also, it's interesting to consider our Government's response to UFO sightings since WWII. When they do investigate (Robertson Panel, Project Blue Book, Condon Report, etc.), they consistently assure us that there's "no threat to national security." If these UFOs are indeed time travelers (read: us from the future), then our government officials would not be lying when they tell us there's no threat to us.

It's also interesting to note the alleged attention our nuclear facilities (particularly our nuke weapons facilities) receive from UFOs. After dropping the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, the Enola Gay and most of the rest of the 509th Bomb Group of the Strategic Air Command was stationed at Roswell Army Air Field in Roswell, New Mexico. Could this be why ostensible time travelers had an interest in the Roswell area? Not to mention the nuke testing that went on there prior to Hiroshima and Nagasaki at White Sands, New Mexico.

Also in the 1960s, 70s, and 80s, UFOs appeared over flight lines and nuclear missile silos at several American Strategic Air Command (read: nuke) bases, including Malstrom AFB in Montana (1967), Minot AFB, Edwards AFB, and Bentwaters AFB (U.S. base) in England (1980s). Allegedly, some of the nuclear launch codes were changed, or were briefly rendered inoperable.

Once humankind learned to harness the energy of the split atom, the future of humanity (hence the time travelers from the future's very existence) would be in jeopardy for the first time in our history (as far as we know). Prior to the nuclear bomb, no other weapon that we know of has had the potential to destroy civilization.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1256530
United States
07/14/2012 01:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: UFOs = TIME TRAVELERS
UFO sightings pop up around major historical events (WWII, 9/11, etc.)
Even Christopher Columbus wrote about strange airborne craft in his journals.

Lends to the theory that it's us visiting us.
Nostril Domus

User ID: 9357516
United States
07/14/2012 01:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
What i dont get about travelers from our future theory, is this is our now, the future has not happened yet. Kind of hard to explain, but if someone from 10000 years from now visits our present, that would mean there are thousands upon thousands of current realities for every day of our lives past present and future.

My mind hurts just thinking about it. Maybe someone else could explain what i am attempting to.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 774195
United States
07/14/2012 01:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
[quoteOP]Ask yourself this question:

Do you think that at ANY time in the future (whether it's 10 years from now or 10,000 years from now), time travel will be possible?

If you answer "yes" to that question, then it must be conceded that it's possible we're now (and have been in the past) being visited.
[/quoteOP]

And it's also important to consider that WE ALL are time travelers.
Anonymous Cowardly Lion  (OP)

United States
07/14/2012 01:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
What i dont get about travelers from our future theory, is this is our now, the future has not happened yet. Kind of hard to explain, but if someone from 10000 years from now visits our present, that would mean there are thousands upon thousands of current realities for every day of our lives past present and future.

My mind hurts just thinking about it. Maybe someone else could explain what i am attempting to.
 Quoting: Nostril Domus

Yeah, the idea of time travel makes my mind hurt, too.

On another note, I'm crackin' up at your icon with the lady falling into that basement shaft hahahahaha Is that real? Was she okay afterward? I hate to laugh, but....LOL!!!
Anonymous Cowardly Lion  (OP)

United States
07/14/2012 01:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

[/quoteOP]

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 774195

How do you mean?
Nostril Domus

United States
07/14/2012 01:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah, the idea of time travel makes my mind hurt, too.

On another note, I'm crackin' up at your icon with the lady falling into that basement shaft hahahahaha Is that real? Was she okay afterward? I hate to laugh, but....LOL!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Cowardly Lion

hehe, yea she was ok. Pretty epic fall IMO
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 774195
United States
07/14/2012 01:57 AM
Report Abusive Post

[/quoteOP]

How do you mean?

By the same token, we should be given the same consideration as the occupants of the UFO's.
Nostril Domus

United States
07/14/2012 02:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump for TT
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4123634
United States
07/14/2012 02:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is one of the main theories, it gets rid of that interstellar space-travel stuff. Also explains why no contact, not until the first time-machine is invented, at which point it's a time-travel go
Nostalgic Rain

User ID: 19655817
United States
07/14/2012 02:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ask yourself this question:

Physicists have theorized that time travel might involve the "bending" of the time line. In other words, it would part from our linear time/space way of thinking. Take a piece of paper. Draw a dot on one end of the paper and draw another dot on the other end of the paper. Instead of trying to get from one dot to the other by traveling across the paper, you would instead fold the paper in half, thus effectively bringing your destination closer to you. If I remember correctly, wormholes are involved. I'm sure there are people on GLP who are more apprised of the details than I am.

Also, it's interesting to consider our Government's response to UFO sightings since WWII. When they do investigate (Robertson Panel, Project Blue Book, Condon Report, etc.), they consistently assure us that there's "no threat to national security." If these UFOs are indeed time travelers (read: us from the future), then our government officials would not be lying when they tell us there's no threat to us.

It's also interesting to note the alleged attention our nuclear facilities (particularly our nuke weapons facilities) receive from UFOs. After dropping the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, the Enola Gay and most of the rest of the 509th Bomb Group of the Strategic Air Command was stationed at Roswell Army Air Field in Roswell, New Mexico. Could this be why ostensible time travelers had an interest in the Roswell area? Not to mention the nuke testing that went on there prior to Hiroshima and Nagasaki at White Sands, New Mexico.

Also in the 1960s, 70s, and 80s, UFOs appeared over flight lines and nuclear missile silos at several American Strategic Air Command (read: nuke) bases, including Malstrom AFB in Montana (1967), Minot AFB, Edwards AFB, and Bentwaters AFB (U.S. base) in England (1980s). Allegedly, some of the nuclear launch codes were changed, or were briefly rendered inoperable.

Once humankind learned to harness the energy of the split atom, the future of humanity (hence the time travelers from the future's very existence) would be in jeopardy for the first time in our history (as far as we know). Prior to the nuclear bomb, no other weapon that we know of has had the potential to destroy civilization.

I have thought about this too.
If people are time traveling, I wonder why they are going to certain events. Think maybe they are changing things. When I think about 9-11 though it doesn't appear any thing was changed. But then again who knows. Either way makes me wonder.
Interesting thread. Stars and Karma coming your way. hf
Nostril Domus

United States
07/14/2012 02:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is one of the main theories, it gets rid of that interstellar space-travel stuff. Also explains why no contact, not until the first time-machine is invented, at which point it's a time-travel go
 Quoting: The Lion

So your saying that we can see the travelers but cant interact with them until we actually have the technology?
Nostalgic Rain

User ID: 19655817
United States
07/14/2012 02:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
UFO sightings pop up around major historical events (WWII, 9/11, etc.)
Even Christopher Columbus wrote about strange airborne craft in his journals.

Lends to the theory that it's us visiting us.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1256530

I wonder why we would visit those events. Doesn't look as though those events are being altered. Never know maybe that is the future of history class. How interesting and fun would history class be if you could jump in a ship and go watch it happen.
Ohh the possibilities.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17310937
India
07/14/2012 02:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Physics is changing. One day we will come to appreciate the fact that we only experience time in this dimension. There are higher dimensions possible where you can experience everything at a time. But we haven't seen anyone who broke into our dimension. Perhaps only way to enter in to our dimension is "to be born" here and die here to exit.
Nostril Domus

United States
07/14/2012 02:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Physics is changing. One day we will come to appreciate the fact that we only experience time in this dimension. There are higher dimensions possible where you can experience everything at a time. But we haven't seen anyone who broke into our dimension. Perhaps only way to enter in to our dimension is "to be born" here and die here to exit.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17310937

So nice to discuss things other than doom for a change.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/14/2012 02:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

So your saying that we can see the travelers but cant interact with them until we actually have the technology?

thats right. as i understand it. one of the theories goes as such. All events that have happened, have always happened, things can't be changed. if you try and change them, they end up the way they always were, your actions of attempted alteration were always written in the script, it just fails. until the time that it happens, maybe thats decmber 21st, first time traveller emerges from now

and IF you do change something, it creates a whole nother dimension, another timeline. which we here in this palce, would never experince. So Schrodingers cat kinda a thing, we wouldnt know if it did happen.
Free Planet
User ID: 19468584
United Kingdom
07/14/2012 02:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
there's no PROOF that time exists, it's just 'our impression'.

:)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9540311
United States
07/14/2012 02:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
I concur.
I have met them myself and find them to be us. It is an awesome feeling.
Actually I commune with my future and past selves on a daily basis.
We are everything, the Alpha and Omega.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19711003
United States
07/14/2012 02:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
What if the big bang was an attempt at time travel, Google "vacuum decay", pretty interesting stuff!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19730249
Argentina
07/14/2012 02:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Time travel works like in the last episode of Star Trek: The next generation

with parallel timelines that collapse into each other
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19711003
United States
07/14/2012 02:46 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Free Planet 19468584

I think the word you're looking for is "perception"!
Nostril Domus

United States
07/14/2012 02:46 AM
Report Abusive Post

thats right. as i understand it. one of the theories goes as such. All events that have happened, have always happened, things can't be changed. if you try and change them, they end up the way they always were, your actions of attempted alteration were always written in the script, it just fails. until the time that it happens, maybe thats decmber 21st, first time traveller emerges from now

Interesting theory. Could this explain Deja Vu that we experience? Such as if some TT tries to change an event, it rights it self before the moment the change happened.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/14/2012 02:49 AM
Report Abusive Post

Interesting theory. Could this explain Deja Vu that we experience? Such as if some TT tries to change an event, it rights it self before the moment the change happened.

maybe so. THe evidence is in the present, there are not time travellers openly being time travllers, no time-visas. there is a reason. If an tourism market existed like that, and corporations running the world weren't exploiting it, there has to be a good reason, now visiting beautiful 1632 for a full weekend medieval spa, hike, and authentic torture,see a real life witch burning!

or see Douglas Adams Restaurant at the end of the universe, the greatest show ever, watch the world end while you eat. the restaurant just skips back and forth over the ending of time.
Nostril Domus

United States
07/14/2012 03:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

maybe so. THe evidence is in the present, there are not time travellers openly being time travllers, no time-visas. there is a reason. If an tourism market existed like that, and corporations running the world weren't exploiting it, there has to be a good reason, now visiting beautiful 1632 for a full weekend medieval spa, hike, and authentic torture,see a real life witch burning!

or see Douglas Adams Restaurant at the end of the universe, the greatest show ever, watch the world end while you eat. the restaurant just skips back and forth over the ending of time.

So that means that everyday of our lives are still going on right now as we speak anytime in the past. As i sit here on the couch typing this, in theory has already happened?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18910515
Australia
07/14/2012 03:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Nostril Domus

United States
07/14/2012 03:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

[/quoteOP]

How do you mean?

I Am wondering the same thing!
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/14/2012 03:58 AM
Report Abusive Post

So that means that everyday of our lives are still going on right now as we speak anytime in the past. As i sit here on the couch typing this, in theory has already happened?

well yeah, like a piece of video tape thats you, which is maybe why we see these ufos at big events, they just can send cameras back in time or something
Sam Santino
User ID: 16172614
United States
07/14/2012 04:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Maybe they have changed little things that give us clues? Like on 9/11... maybe in planned attack Flight 93 did hit WTC7 ... and it would have all went perfect.
Maybe someone came back and just altered one minor detail (shooting down the missile that was headed for wtc7) and that detail is now our smoking gun! Think about it... lots of "orbs" during 911.. and when wtc7 fell for no reason - Bam! We have future intervention!

Something to think about.
JohnC
User ID: 19603600
United States
07/14/2012 04:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's been years since I first thought of this. I had a class, anthropology I think, and we discussed that as humans evolve with the technology we have many traits we have will likely disappear to the point that our bodies will look like fetuses, except larger.

If we look at a fetus and compare it to the typical grey aliens they have many features that resemble each other. Big head, large eyes, thin bodies. This could be the future human.

But since the world's going to end in December all this is moot anyway.
balthuuu

User ID: 14434601
Finland
07/14/2012 04:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Whatever happened, happened.

Let's say this is our first perspective/experience of the present and the future REALLY hasn't happened. Somewhere along the way someone does invent time travel. Then they use it to go back in time(not from our perspective). Now we create new realities by going back and the loop goes on forever. But it still isn't from our perspective. Now let's bring the concept of reincarnation to the table. Let's say we get born in to the past which is now the new perspective of the present we had last time.(obviously). And BAM we see flying saucers from the future in our lifetimes. So the fact the we are viewing UFO's from future(or past) has happened only once, but it has an endless ripple effect just not from our perspective of our current experience. Meaning we can born endlessly into the past and experience the same ripple effects.. But the memory loss before incarnation keeps the illusion on that we are always experiencing it once. Alright now I got just mindfucked by myself..

You got to wonder.. Since time isn't linear.. Is everything that happens, meant to happen eventually. That erases the whole concept of chance. Everything would be written to stone so to speak.

Alright I'm not even sure if anything that i just wrote made sense. Just woke up. coffee4
Love is not the game, life is.
-
When we wake up in this "reality" every morning, we are actually falling asleep, because only in our dreams we are truly awake.
-
We are not our body, nor our mind. We are not the voice in our body, nor our head. We are the the here and now, experiencing without any input from either of the mentioned above.
-
It's not about others forgiving you, but whether you can forgive yourself.
-
It doesn't take much energy to make the wrong decision. But to make the right one, you have to put every fiber of your being to it.
-
I know i have a lot to work on. But knowing that there's no hairy ass man in the clouds to judge me when I have little bit of fun on the expense of someone elses ignorance, makes life a whole lot easier.
Free Planet
User ID: 19468584
United Kingdom
07/14/2012 04:36 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Free Planet 19468584

I think the word you're looking for is "perception"!
 Quoting: 1nf1del

thanks for your correction

;)

GLP