Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4123634
United States
07/14/2012 04:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: UFOs = TIME TRAVELERS
Whatever happened, happened.

Let's say this is our first perspective/experience of the present and the future REALLY hasn't happened. Somewhere along the way someone does invent time travel. Then they use it to go back in time(not from our perspective). Now we create new realities by going back and the loop goes on forever. But it still isn't from our perspective. Now let's bring the concept of reincarnation to the table. Let's say we get born in to the past which is now the new perspective of the present we had last time.(obviously). And BAM we see flying saucers from the future in our lifetimes. So the fact the we are viewing UFO's from future(or past) has happened only once, but it has an endless ripple effect just not from our perspective of our current experience. Meaning we can born endlessly into the past and experience the same ripple effects.. But the memory loss before incarnation keeps the illusion on that we are always experiencing it once. Alright now I got just mindfucked by myself..

You got to wonder.. Since time isn't linear.. Is everything that happens, meant to happen eventually. That erases the whole concept of chance. Everything would be written to stone so to speak.

Alright I'm not even sure if anything that i just wrote made sense. Just woke up. coffee4
 Quoting: balthuuu

its written in stone but it was ALSO decided in that moment
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19711003
United States
07/14/2012 04:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
there's no PROOF that time exists, it's just 'our impression'.

:)
 Quoting: Free Planet 19468584

I think the word you're looking for is "perception"!
 Quoting: 1nf1del

thanks for your correction

;)
 Quoting: Free Planet 19468584

I have the same problem coming up with the right word sometimes too!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19711003
United States
07/14/2012 04:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Vacuum decay anyone, come on, I know some of you are smart enough to discuss this, where are you?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10883673
United States
Report Abusive Post
[quoteOP]Ask yourself this question:

Do you think that at ANY time in the future (whether it's 10 years from now or 10,000 years from now), time travel will be possible?

If you answer "yes" to that question, then it must be conceded that it's possible we're now (and have been in the past) being visited.
[/quoteOP]

And it's also important to consider that WE ALL are time travelers.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 774195

How do you mean?
 Quoting: Anonymous Cowardly Lion

I Am wondering the same thing!
 Quoting: Nostril Domus

We are Quantum...
balthuuu

User ID: 14434601
Finland
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: The Lion

That is very hard for me to grasp. So basically the choise is made, BUT it can be viewed at the same time?
Love is not the game, life is.
-
When we wake up in this "reality" every morning, we are actually falling asleep, because only in our dreams we are truly awake.
-
We are not our body, nor our mind. We are not the voice in our body, nor our head. We are the the here and now, experiencing without any input from either of the mentioned above.
-
It's not about others forgiving you, but whether you can forgive yourself.
-
It doesn't take much energy to make the wrong decision. But to make the right one, you have to put every fiber of your being to it.
-
I know i have a lot to work on. But knowing that there's no hairy ass man in the clouds to judge me when I have little bit of fun on the expense of someone elses ignorance, makes life a whole lot easier.
sounds

User ID: 19164237
Australia
07/14/2012 04:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hey OP, you might want to research The Montauk project, or The Phoenix project….The Philadelphia Experiment.
I’m sure you will enjoy.

peace
Political correctness without wisdom, is just Political nonsense.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10883673
United States
07/14/2012 04:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: UFOs are time travel machines manned by humans! 2010
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19381733
Canada
07/14/2012 04:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
The theory I've always went with is that Earth has been destroyed over several times and we've come back as these "aliens" to help rebuild the human civilization and see where it goes to perhaps we'd learn something from rebuilding our civilization or (they) would rather. Which is why I think we see huge spikes in technology advancement is because of us finding technology we've used in the past before Earth was destroyed and rebuilt.

Or something like that anyways. cool2
balthuuu

Finland
07/14/2012 04:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
The theory I've always went with is that Earth has been destroyed over several times and we've come back as these "aliens" to help rebuild the human civilization and see where it goes to perhaps we'd learn something from rebuilding our civilization or (they) would rather. Which is why I think we see huge spikes in technology advancement is because of us finding technology we've used in the past before Earth was destroyed and rebuilt.

Or something like that anyways. cool2
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19381733

Nice one.
-
When we wake up in this "reality" every morning, we are actually falling asleep, because only in our dreams we are truly awake.
-
We are not our body, nor our mind. We are not the voice in our body, nor our head. We are the the here and now, experiencing without any input from either of the mentioned above.
-
-
It doesn't take much energy to make the wrong decision. But to make the right one, you have to put every fiber of your being to it.
-
I know i have a lot to work on. But knowing that there's no hairy ass man in the clouds to judge me when I have little bit of fun on the expense of someone elses ignorance, makes life a whole lot easier.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/14/2012 04:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

That is very hard for me to grasp. So basically the choise is made, BUT it can be viewed at the same time?

I guess that depends, because if you saw the future, and changed your actions based on that, the timeline you are suggesting exists, you are no longer in, the other you still is though, and knows nothing of future events. you see its complicated, if you do change the future, its not really the future anymore, its a different timeline.
balthuuu

Finland
07/14/2012 05:01 AM
Report Abusive Post

I guess that depends, because if you saw the future, and changed your actions based on that, the timeline you are suggesting exists, you are no longer in, the other you still is though, and knows nothing of future events. you see its complicated, if you do change the future, its not really the future anymore, its a different timeline.

I know, i just left out the fact the you could actually change it. The "whatever happened, happened" theory suggests that even if you think you're changing the future by going to the past, it would just mean that people in the past could ALWAYS see you popping in, no matter what. That even if the choise does exists, making it doesn't change anything.
-
-
-
-
-
Alien Technologist

User ID: 2364002
United States
07/14/2012 05:01 AM

Report Abusive Post
Thanaton
No one has ever seen a perfect circle, nor a perfectly straight line, yet everyone knows what a circle and a straight line are.
Perceived circles or lines are not exactly circular or straight, and true circles and lines could never be detected since by definition they are sets of infinitely small points.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/14/2012 05:02 AM
Report Abusive Post

I know, i just left out the fact the you could actually change it. The "whatever happened, happened" theory suggests that even if you think you're changing the future by going to the past, it would just mean that people in the past could ALWAYS see you popping in, no matter what. That even if the choise does exists, making it doesn't change anything.

nail on head= Ufos= time traveller
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16542544
United States
07/14/2012 05:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
:Thanaton:
 Quoting: Alien Technologist

ahhh
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19606625
United Kingdom
07/14/2012 05:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Cant believe people still use this archaic thing called time. The concept of time was mainly invented to structure our lives and to measure financial gains.

There is no past, there is no future, there is only now, things happen and then are gone, plus we seem to be under the illusion that if we set a time structure for upcoming events that it gives them more meaning and that we are in control. We use time to give rational reasoning to things we have limited understanding in, it makes us feel more comfortable and seems to gives us some purpose.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19606625
United Kingdom
07/14/2012 05:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
:Thanaton:
 Quoting: Alien Technologist

Looks like something some 16 year done for a art project at the end of term.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4540759
United States
07/14/2012 05:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
think of a portal that took you into the future then u jumped back in the portal to go back in time to stop yourself from jumping through, you wouldnt be there anymore
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19737950
United Kingdom
07/14/2012 05:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ask yourself this question:

Do you think that at ANY time in the future (whether it's 10 years from now or 10,000 years from now), time travel will be possible?

If you answer "yes" to that question, then it must be conceded that it's possible we're now (and have been in the past) being visited.

Physicists have theorized that time travel might involve the "bending" of the time line. In other words, it would part from our linear time/space way of thinking. Take a piece of paper. Draw a dot on one end of the paper and draw another dot on the other end of the paper. Instead of trying to get from one dot to the other by traveling across the paper, you would instead fold the paper in half, thus effectively bringing your destination closer to you. If I remember correctly, wormholes are involved. I'm sure there are people on GLP who are more apprised of the details than I am.

Also, it's interesting to consider our Government's response to UFO sightings since WWII. When they do investigate (Robertson Panel, Project Blue Book, Condon Report, etc.), they consistently assure us that there's "no threat to national security." If these UFOs are indeed time travelers (read: us from the future), then our government officials would not be lying when they tell us there's no threat to us.

It's also interesting to note the alleged attention our nuclear facilities (particularly our nuke weapons facilities) receive from UFOs. After dropping the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, the Enola Gay and most of the rest of the 509th Bomb Group of the Strategic Air Command was stationed at Roswell Army Air Field in Roswell, New Mexico. Could this be why ostensible time travelers had an interest in the Roswell area? Not to mention the nuke testing that went on there prior to Hiroshima and Nagasaki at White Sands, New Mexico.

Also in the 1960s, 70s, and 80s, UFOs appeared over flight lines and nuclear missile silos at several American Strategic Air Command (read: nuke) bases, including Malstrom AFB in Montana (1967), Minot AFB, Edwards AFB, and Bentwaters AFB (U.S. base) in England (1980s). Allegedly, some of the nuclear launch codes were changed, or were briefly rendered inoperable.

Once humankind learned to harness the energy of the split atom, the future of humanity (hence the time travelers from the future's very existence) would be in jeopardy for the first time in our history (as far as we know). Prior to the nuclear bomb, no other weapon that we know of has had the potential to destroy civilization.
 Quoting: Anonymous Cowardly Lion

bsflag
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19401689
United States
07/14/2012 05:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Whatever happened, happened.

Let's say this is our first perspective/experience of the present and the future REALLY hasn't happened. Somewhere along the way someone does invent time travel. Then they use it to go back in time(not from our perspective). Now we create new realities by going back and the loop goes on forever. But it still isn't from our perspective. Now let's bring the concept of reincarnation to the table. Let's say we get born in to the past which is now the new perspective of the present we had last time.(obviously). And BAM we see flying saucers from the future in our lifetimes. So the fact the we are viewing UFO's from future(or past) has happened only once, but it has an endless ripple effect just not from our perspective of our current experience. Meaning we can born endlessly into the past and experience the same ripple effects.. But the memory loss before incarnation keeps the illusion on that we are always experiencing it once. Alright now I got just mindfucked by myself..

You got to wonder.. Since time isn't linear.. Is everything that happens, meant to happen eventually. That erases the whole concept of chance. Everything would be written to stone so to speak.

Alright I'm not even sure if anything that i just wrote made sense. Just woke up. coffee4

Wowza. Mind implode. I gotcha. We see ourselves with ourselves. Like a mirror in time. What we see cannot be the same though, in a way the ufo must be a blur or blacked out top secret document so the time line,isnt changed drastically. If we see our invention before its invented it may not be invented the same or at all. That's godlike material.

Now dreams aren't off lims.....read into that folks.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/14/2012 06:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
What I mean by dreams is our internal time machine or navigator of the illusion itself. The truth is free of time itself.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19586257
Australia
07/14/2012 06:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Did you do much acid back in the hippie days?
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/14/2012 06:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
What If you aren;t supposed to know the truth? you just threw us all out of our own timeline by telling us, dick
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/14/2012 06:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
What If you aren;t supposed to know the truth? you just threw us all out of our own timeline by telling us, dick

No spoilers!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19738254
China
07/14/2012 06:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
quantumterrorist.com !
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19738229
Germany
07/14/2012 06:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.google.com]

A Timetraveler earned some millions by speculating with future knowledge.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/14/2012 06:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Lets not forget John Titors exploits changing our timeline.
Shelly

User ID: 1066219
United States
07/14/2012 06:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yes, I've started thinking that they're time travelers too, because they're spotted at major events as if they know that they were going to happen... 911, Japan tsunami and even Obama's inauguration.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19737792
Australia
07/14/2012 06:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Vacuum decay anyone, come on, I know some of you are smart enough to discuss this, where are you?
 Quoting: 1nf1del

Quite a few smart enough to discuss it, helps if you give a link to help those that would get it but have not come across it in their experience yet.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Nucleation of bubbles at the quantum level to skip the whole universe down to a more stable configuration? Maybe.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1456323
United States
07/14/2012 06:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
UFO sightings pop up around major historical events (WWII, 9/11, etc.)
Even Christopher Columbus wrote about strange airborne craft in his journals.

Lends to the theory that it's us visiting us.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1256530

UFO sightings pop up around major historical events (WWII, 9/11, etc.)
Even Christopher Columbus wrote about strange airborne craft in his journals.

Lends to the theory that it's us visiting us.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1256530

masterbatingTIMEtraveler?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19738652
United Kingdom
07/14/2012 06:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Look folks, the theory of time travel did not even exist until writers started writing fiction about it.

Theoretical particle physicists wrote theories on how time travel might be possible, but only for a minute sub atomic particle, and then only for the briefest split second of time.

It all theories and hog wash. It does not exist and it will NEVER exist in a stable universe like the one we are in.

You can postulate all you like about folding universes and black holes but at the end of the day it's never going to happen in the next bazillion years.

Move on people and stop wasting energy on discussing this crap.

hf
whatever

GLP