nzreva

User ID: 19624091
United States
07/21/2012 09:51 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
FBI: Violent crime rates in the US drop, approach historic lows 2012
FBI: Violent crime rates in the US drop, approach historic lows

Instances of murder declined overall by 1.9 percent from 2010 figures, while rape, robbery and aggravated assault declined by 4 percent nationwide,

[link to usnews.msnbc.msn.com]

This is in a country that the FBI estimates that there are over 200 million privately-owned firearms in the US. If you add those owned by the military, law enforcement agencies and museums, there is probably about 1 gun per person in the country.
[link to wiki.answers.com]

Lets look at Mexico they cannot have guns It is aganist the law, and yet the criminals all have guns

Since 2006, some 50,000 people killed in drug-related violence in Mexico

[link to www.gmanetwork.com]

What about UK
The League of Shame, no guns here

But it is the naming of Britain as the most violent country in the EU that is most shocking. The analysis is based on the number of crimes per 100,000 residents.

In the UK, there are 2,034 offences per 100,000 people, way ahead of second-placed Austria with a rate of 1,677.
[link to www.dailymail.co.uk]

FBI’s Uniform Crime Report showed how 8,775 people had been killed in shooting incidents in 2010.

Quite a bit lower than Mexico's 50,000 deaths in an non carrying gun law country.

I am glad I am a Nazoraion a woman who has the freedom to dress the way I want, an a lawful gun owner in America.

Guns are now allowed to be carried in churches in Texas and punters can carry a weapon into taverns in Colorado.

[link to www.telegraph.co.uk]

I am glad I am a Nazoraion a woman who has the freedom to dress the way I want, an a lawful gun owner in America.
New Jerusalem Russ Ewert

User ID: 940609
Canada
07/21/2012 10:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: FBI: Violent crime rates in the US drop, approach historic lows 2012
Let's think globally

"A study undertaken by the Geneva Declaration on Armed Violence and Development estimated that there were approximately 490,000 intentional homicides in 2004. The study estimated that the global rate was 7.6 intentional homicides per 100,000 inhabitants for 2004.[5]

For the year 2010 UNODC made a similar study. It presumed a number of 468,000 intentional homicides for this year. That would correspond to a worldwide rate of 6.9.[6]"

[link to search.yahoo.com]

468,000 intentional homicides per year is a lot.

Sat Jul 5/5/12

Last Edited by Russell on 07/21/2012 10:07 AM
nzreva  (OP)

United States
07/21/2012 10:16 AM

Report Abusive Post
Let's think globally

"A study undertaken by the Geneva Declaration on Armed Violence and Development estimated that there were approximately 490,000 intentional homicides in 2004. The study estimated that the global rate was 7.6 intentional homicides per 100,000 inhabitants for 2004.[5]

For the year 2010 UNODC made a similar study. It presumed a number of 468,000 intentional homicides for this year. That would correspond to a worldwide rate of 6.9.[6]"

[link to search.yahoo.com]

468,000 international homicides per year is a lot.

Sat Jul 5/5/12
 Quoting: New Jerusalem Russ Ewert

If some one comes on my property in Texas to do harm we are allowed to shoot them, if we are threatened. We have had only one attempted break in our business in over 20 years and as soon as they knew we where here they ran. They knew the law and thats the reason they ran. The business owner next to us had a break in the next night and he put a reward on them for info. about them. No more break ins.
The reason they ran from our office is because they knew a gun was waiting for them. Thieves are cowards, if people stand up to them they run. They only break in if no one is there. They only terrorize unarmed people beause they are cowards. One of the police officers said to me if they try again shoot them then call us. A few weeks before a couple was murderd in their home they were unarmed. They were robbed.

Last Edited by nzreva on 09/08/2013 11:26 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1542480
United States
07/21/2012 10:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
good timing to release this report!
kinda sounds like the jobless reports they have been putting out, who knows maybe it's coming from the same office
New Jerusalem Russ Ewert

User ID: 940609
Canada
07/21/2012 10:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
When we look at problem situations from a global point of view we can see how we can use the New Jerusalem calendar system to unite the nations and make them better organized and prosperous to reduce the problems.
[link to newjerusalemcalendar.com]

Sat Jul 5/5/12
marlborolightsplease

User ID: 1276307
United States
07/21/2012 10:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
they must be excluding chicago to make the numbers look good
Hope_Full

User ID: 1517024
United States
07/21/2012 10:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
West Virginia has the highest rate of gun ownership (per person) in the country.

West Virginia has the lowest rate of violent crime in the country.

These two facts are NOT coincidental.
nzreva  (OP)

United States
07/21/2012 10:25 AM

Report Abusive Post
Right after the shooting I got on the INTERNET an begain to compare crimes rates all over the world. All kinds of info how well the US is doing in crime rates by the FBI. This morning everything changed. Now the issue is how many killings in the US by guns. A few hours away from me Mexico is daily seeing these types of shootings, we see one and suddenly guns are and issue. Guns are an issue if you have one and I showed above. Most of us are lawful gun owners. That is why we are safe because they are cowards when you know how to use a gun and stand up for your rights they are not as brave. Even if I were shot and killed at least I would have the right to choose. If I am unarmed I have no defense.
nzreva  (OP)

United States
07/21/2012 10:26 AM

Report Abusive Post
West Virginia has the highest rate of gun ownership (per person) in the country.

West Virginia has the lowest rate of violent crime in the country.

These two facts are NOT coincidental.
 Quoting: Hope_Full

Good for Ya'll. banana2moshpitpump2
Vision Thing

User ID: 19727719
United States
07/21/2012 10:27 AM

Report Abusive Post
People tend to assume that the US has the highest rate of violent crime, maybe because of movies, maybe because certain inner city areas are so bad.

But overall, there are many countries around the world with more violent crime than the US.

Always an interesting discussion.
nzreva  (OP)

United States
07/21/2012 10:29 AM

Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: marlborolightsplease

What are you saying? My oldest son years ago was robbed in East Grand Rapids by a group of Chicago thugs. They went down the road and robbed some other teenagers who tried to fight them without guns. thugs shot and killed them. My son commented to me if this was in Texas with my gun carrying friends it would have ended differently.

Last Edited by nzreva on 07/21/2012 10:30 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14392840
United States
07/21/2012 10:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

THIS ^^^
nzreva  (OP)

United States
07/21/2012 10:32 AM

Report Abusive Post
People tend to assume that the US has the highest rate of violent crime, maybe because of movies, maybe because certain inner city areas are so bad.

But overall, there are many countries around the world with more violent crime than the US.

Always an interesting discussion.
 Quoting: Vision Thing

I agree, I have never shot a person and had several situations in my life if I had not had a gun would have turned out differently. Criminals are cowards with big guns....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15368494
United States
07/21/2012 10:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Total crime statistics by country:

[link to www.nationmaster.com]
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
nzreva  (OP)

United States
07/21/2012 10:36 AM

Report Abusive Post

THIS ^^^
 Quoting: APOLLO ILLUMINIST

If you live in Chicago move or buy many guns. It is a war zone. I would move. I would not live that way. We sold an older man property that left Chicago he said he got tired of being afraid every day. He was a vegetarian and a gun owner. Interesting combination.
nzreva  (OP)

United States
07/21/2012 10:39 AM

Report Abusive Post
Total crime statistics by country:

[link to www.nationmaster.com]
 Quoting: Orsolja

I said yesterday that this site was not up. I am quoting FBI sats. from earlier this year. We have an all time low of volent crime since WW2.
Doesn't match does it? Hmmm who am I going to believe.

In your article that you posted it say's and I quote,"This article is crazy."

Last Edited by nzreva on 07/21/2012 10:42 AM
Ohwow!

User ID: 16023386
United States
07/21/2012 10:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re-catoregize the criteria for offense category. Looks good, hides the statistics under the cover of The Chamber of Commerce - move here, we have low crime rates.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3616
United States
07/21/2012 10:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
bsflag
nzreva  (OP)

United States
07/21/2012 10:47 AM

Report Abusive Post
Re-catoregize the criteria for offense category. Looks good, hides the statistics under the cover of The Chamber of Commerce - move here, we have low crime rates.
 Quoting: Ohwow!

My mom is 95 years old when I spend the night with her I lock her doors, she laughs at me and say's Eva I have never locked my doors in all my life, at 95 I am not going to start now.
I don't agree with her, but she is not dead and never had a break in. Could it be because she knows she is safe?

The night of our office break in ten minutes before it happened I was awakened and told everything will be all right. As I was trying to think about this I heard the loud knock on the door and then my husband got his gun and they were trying to unlock a double lock door. Then they heard us and ran. In my case I realized that a higher power than I had let me know that everything would be all right. I am glad I listened.

Last Edited by nzreva on 07/21/2012 10:51 AM
nzreva  (OP)

United States
07/21/2012 10:49 AM

Report Abusive Post
bsflag
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3616

Famous flag with nothing said, You are nothing AC, you are the coward.

Last Edited by nzreva on 07/21/2012 10:50 AM
Seek Truth

User ID: 1700544
United States
07/21/2012 10:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Crime vs Gun Ownership in the USA

[link to www.datamasher.org]

Interesting map!
Think... It's not as hard as you think!
Saddletramp

User ID: 279896
United States
07/21/2012 11:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Tell it to Chicago, Washington D.C., Gary, L.A., Camden, Detroit, and San Fransico...

That's assuming you can find anyone who's not a violent criminal to tell it too...
"And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods..." ~ Horatius

"Because he told the truth, and once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey..."

"We don't rent pigs!"
Vision Thing

User ID: 19727719
United States
07/21/2012 11:14 AM

Report Abusive Post

THIS ^^^

If you live in Chicago move or buy many guns. It is a war zone. I would move. I would not live that way. We sold an older man property that left Chicago he said he got tired of being afraid every day. He was a vegetarian and a gun owner. Interesting combination.
 Quoting: nzreva

I left Minneapolis because I was tired of being afraid every day. Our northern tier cities are headed to turn into a series of Detroits at this rate. The denial in Minneapolis is so offensive, there is no political will to face the problem, much less deal with it. They sweep it under the rug and it gets worse all the time. You never hear about 99 percent of the stuff that goes on.
nzreva  (OP)

United States
07/21/2012 11:57 AM

Report Abusive Post
Tell it to Chicago, Washington D.C., Gary, L.A., Camden, Detroit, and San Fransico...

That's assuming you can find anyone who's not a violent criminal to tell it too...
 Quoting: Saddletramp

Tell that to the 50,000 people who died in Mexico because the
people are not gun carrying people....when we had over 8,000 die in gun related crimes. How many of the 8,000 people were the criminals?
I will look
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19478546
Australia
07/21/2012 12:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes you're right when the Australian government made it's citizens hand over their guns the crime rate immediatly shot up massively because the criminals knew the decent law abiding people they were planing to rop will be unarmed. Also switzerland has a far lower crime rate than average and 99.9 percent of people there own guns but can I ask you what do you make of critics of the texas castle law reffering to it as the "shoot the milkman policy"?
nzreva  (OP)

United States
07/21/2012 12:07 PM

Report Abusive Post
Yes you're right when the Australian government made it's citizens hand over their guns the crime rate immediatly shot up massively because the criminals knew the decent law abiding people they were planing to rop will be unarmed. Also switzerland has a far lower crime rate than average and 99.9 percent of people there own guns but can I ask you what do you make of critics of the texas castle law reffering to it as the "shoot the milkman policy"?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19478546

That an old one. Are you a milk mans's child. Who would shoot the milkman? The husband. It was a joke but the story never ends. Now it is the cable man. Could that be the reason?

Last Edited by nzreva on 07/21/2012 12:08 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15292827
United States
07/21/2012 12:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Has Obama taken credit yet?
nzreva  (OP)

United States
07/21/2012 12:38 PM

Report Abusive Post
Has Obama taken credit yet?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15292827

He will after reading you. LOL
nzreva  (OP)

United States
07/21/2012 12:41 PM

Report Abusive Post

THIS ^^^

Chicago no hand gun law?
Illinois does not issue licenses for the concealed carry of firearms, nor does it recognize licenses issued by other states. Illinois is the only state that does not allow concealed carry in some form. Open carry is also prohibited in most areas. When a firearm is being transported, it must be unloaded and enclosed in a case.
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

We in Texas can wear them.

Last Edited by nzreva on 09/08/2013 12:30 PM

GLP