Borat Sagdiyev
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 20554203
United States
07/31/2012 10:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
'Docs vs. Glocks' - the Florida case of First Amendment vs the Second Amendment

Florida officials are appealing a federal judge's ruling striking down a Florida law that restricted doctors from
talking with patients about gun ownership.

Gov. Rick Scott announced the appeal Monday. U.S. District Judge Marcia Cooke ruled earlier this month in the case known
as "Docs vs. Glocks." Cooke agreed with physicians who contended the law violates free speech rights.

[link to abcnews.go.com]
Borat Sagdiyev  (OP)

United States
07/31/2012 10:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: 'Docs vs. Glocks' - the Florida case of First Amendment vs the Second Amendment

It's state law that initiated this, so IMO, it's not
really a First Amendment issue.

Besides, the doctor "works for" the patient and is
the patient's client, not the other way around.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20962219
United States
07/31/2012 10:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: 'Docs vs. Glocks' - the Florida case of First Amendment vs the Second Amendment
its just turning doctors into another arm of the police state.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7803284
United States
07/31/2012 10:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
its just turning doctors into another arm of the police state.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20962219

First off, doctors suck, only use the douche bags to stitch up a massive head wound, other wise most illnesses can be curedwith diet, exercise.. If a doctor asked me about "guns" I would reply,, oh no doc , I'm scared of guns, in fact I'm so scared I need some friggin Valium. Haaa get the Valium, trade it for silver, go out and buy a shit load of guns. Good plan?
Dr Shroom

User ID: 20659614
United Kingdom
07/31/2012 10:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am an ER nurse in the UK and I am so happy we don't allow guns in this country and if I was seeing tens of gunshot wounds every night I would call for the banning of guns...not to be a nanny but because I went into my job to help people stay healthy...

Gun related deaths in the USA is over 11,000 a year, higher than the rest of the developed world put together...if you lost that many troops in Iraq the Army would get pulled!

How can a Doctor do his job when the law is against him?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16542544
United States
07/31/2012 10:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am an ER nurse in the UK and I am so happy we don't allow guns in this country and if I was seeing tens of gunshot wounds every night I would call for the banning of guns...not to be a nanny but because I went into my job to help people stay healthy...

Gun related deaths in the USA is over 11,000 a year, higher than the rest of the developed world put together...if you lost that many troops in Iraq the Army would get pulled!

Quoting: Dr Shroom

Stab wounds easier to stitch up I take it?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 892661
United States
07/31/2012 10:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Most male doctors know about FEDERAL medicare and realize what the federal government is up to......that is why pediatrics and ob-gyn are left to the women .....to control young people and children...as most women just don't want to see the truth!!!!!
Borat Sagdiyev  (OP)

United States
07/31/2012 10:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

Gun related deaths in the USA is over 11,000 a year, higher
than the rest of the developed world put together...if you
lost that many troops in Iraq the Army would get pulled!

Then why doesn't the law address knife ownership or blunt object ownership?

If a criminal is involved in a gun-related death, it's not the
doctor's responsibility; it's the responsibility of law enforcement
to then talk to the gang member or drug seller.

This law is just one more attempt of the government trying
to ease their nose under the tent of 2nd Amendment rights
of the US citizen.

Dr Shroom

United Kingdom
07/31/2012 10:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: ANHEDONIC

They rarely get trapped in the body and never leave football sized exit wounds...so the answer is yes.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20606318
United States
07/31/2012 11:03 AM
Report Abusive Post

Florida officials are appealing a federal judge's ruling striking down a Florida law that restricted doctors from
talking with patients about gun ownership.

Quoting: Borat Sagdiyev

seriously ??

serioulsy....

all about the Spanish Tongue
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20972399
United States
07/31/2012 11:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm surprised it didn't read docs vs. cocks.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/31/2012 11:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
This particular issue is language....
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/31/2012 11:05 AM
Report Abusive Post

Do you have any idea how many would be killed if they tried to ban guns in this country?

So much for your "theory".
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/31/2012 11:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

They rarely get trapped in the body and never leave football sized exit wounds...so the answer is yes.

What about clubs smashing skulls?
Dr Shroom

United Kingdom
07/31/2012 11:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

Then why doesn't the law address knife ownership or blunt object ownership?

If a criminal is involved in a gun-related death, it's not the
doctor's responsibility; it's the responsibility of law enforcement
to then talk to the gang member or drug seller.

This law is just one more attempt of the government trying
to ease their nose under the tent of 2nd Amendment rights
of the US citizen.

How many other laws written before the dawn of flight do you still live by? Guns back then where shit...rifling was imported to the states during the Civil war...the Colt repeater was not too effective a way to kill somebody even with their basic levels of healthcare...now a man can kill 15 people with one hand.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/31/2012 11:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Do you have any idea how many would be killed if they tried to ban guns in this country?

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20972399

ah, the issue is about having the right to kill in the first place
Dr Shroom

United Kingdom
07/31/2012 11:09 AM
Report Abusive Post

Utterly illogical, or shall we bring in car crashes, poison and sharpened pencils?
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/31/2012 11:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

Utterly illogical, or shall we bring in car crashes, poison and sharpened pencils?

May as well, everybody wants to be safe, right?
Dr Shroom

United Kingdom
07/31/2012 11:13 AM
Report Abusive Post

Only parts of Africa and certified war zones have a higher death rate to guns than the US...I would say thats evidence of sound theory on my part.

You want to kill people, I can deal with that...I'm a nurse, I like keeping them alive...how I can get negative karma for that is a truly sad indictment of this board.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/31/2012 11:13 AM
Report Abusive Post

Drunk driving accidents kill about the same amount every year.

Let's ban alcohol, or cars.
Borat Sagdiyev  (OP)

United States
07/31/2012 11:14 AM
Report Abusive Post

They rarely get trapped in the body and never leave
football sized exit wounds...so the answer is yes.

If there's a "football sized exit wound", or bullet shrapnel,
it's pretty fucking obvious a gun's been involved!

That's a cop's job, shroom, not a doctor's job.

I do not want to see some bullshit query on my doctor's questionnaire:

DO YOU OWN A GUN? Check -YES- or -NO-

Anonymous Coward
United States
07/31/2012 11:14 AM
Report Abusive Post

Only parts of Africa and certified war zones have a higher death rate to guns than the US...I would say thats evidence of sound theory on my part.

You want to kill people, I can deal with that...I'm a nurse, I like keeping them alive...how I can get negative karma for that is a truly sad indictment of this board.

Because you don't believe in individual liberty to own guns, in case you were wondering.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/31/2012 11:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Cracks me the fuck up when I hear people saying that we want to own guns because we want to kill people.

Fuckin idiots.

You'll be BEGGING for the gun owners to come save you when the shit hits the fan and theirs a government jackboot on your neck.
Dr Shroom

United Kingdom
07/31/2012 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post

Did you miss the bit where I said I was a nurse? Do you know how sad and frustrating it is patching people hurt by other people is? Have you seen somebody die or a dead body? I have, beyond count and we have little or no gun crime here...it must be heartbreaking for my colleagues in your country...that is all I am saying.
Borat Sagdiyev  (OP)

United States
07/31/2012 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post

now a man can kill 15 people with one hand.

And a killer like that would have lied to his doctor or
shot the doctor himself on the spot for asking him.

This law is designed to intrude on the average citizen,
not criminals or the criminally insane who lie and don't
give a shit anyway.

Anonymous Coward
United States
07/31/2012 11:18 AM
Report Abusive Post

Did you miss the bit where I said I was a nurse? Do you know how sad and frustrating it is patching people hurt by other people is? Have you seen somebody die or a dead body? I have, beyond count and we have little or no gun crime here...it must be heartbreaking for my colleagues in your country...that is all I am saying.

Life is dangerous...get used to it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7803284
United States
07/31/2012 11:18 AM
Report Abusive Post

Haaaa. ,, tens of thousands,, where did you get that statistic.. First of all you live In a horrible nation that has done nothing but destroy humanity and our ultimate destiny which is complete freedom following the laws of nature and natures God. Read " the decline and fall of the British empire" by Piers Brendon.Secondly , a good friend of mine spent 3 years in Bath while working for Motorola. His story's of the appalling state of " the queens" health care are evidence that has been submitted to Congress..Lastly,why on earth won't your goverment of German userpers(Saks, Coberg, Gotha), stop harassing the American people. Have you not learned yet that no matter how many viscious clandestine operations that are waged upon us, generation to generation, that WE WILL NEVER BOW TO THE CROWN. I'm sure your a great nurse and these comments are from a heart of love. Peace, William Wallace
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/31/2012 11:19 AM
Report Abusive Post

Maybe you chose the wrong profession?
IRQ_1

User ID: 1157608
United States
07/31/2012 11:22 AM
Report Abusive Post

"Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to the police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."

Jack of all trades master of none
"shall not be infringed."
BLUE RIBBON AWARNESS FOR MENS' HEALTH
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. --ISAAC ASIMOV
I never 'Ad hominem' I don't need to.
The Constitution means everything or nothing. You can't have both.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/31/2012 11:23 AM
Report Abusive Post

it is the DOCTORS who have to fix it !!!!

hello ????

besides, it is NOT the state of Florida's job to tell people what their job is

YOUR job should be some english lessons, as your mouth spews nothin' but garbage
Dr Shroom

United Kingdom
07/31/2012 11:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

They rarely get trapped in the body and never leave
football sized exit wounds...so the answer is yes.

If there's a "football sized exit wound", or bullet shrapnel,
it's pretty fucking obvious a gun's been involved!

Um, I dont get it? I was saying knife wounds are less complicated than bullet wounds, that was a description of a bullet wound...and whats a cops job? Alive or dead a victim ends up at a doctor...and his nursing staff (me)...I am sorry but I dont get it, really. Sorry.

GLP