Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,038 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,092,718
Pageviews Today: 1,974,575Threads Today: 875Posts Today: 15,193
10:18 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

I tried the 'raw food diet' to get healthy - Holy Crap!

CHEVEYO

User ID: 8078225
United States
08/05/2012 07:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: I tried the 'raw food diet' to get healthy - Holy Crap!
Most important thing in raw food vegan diet is to get your amino acid fats, and of course protein. Most find that protein is easy, and the amino acids are more difficult. If you asked a tiger what does he want out of the meat he eats, he wouldn't say protein, it would be the fats. This could be why your feeling this way. Try to eat more avocados and coconut meat, you can also get Braggs amino acids to cook with. Taking some supplements such as b complex and flax seed oil might help as well. Best of luck to you.
CHEVEYO
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21310280
Ireland
08/05/2012 07:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
See a doctor if you're that worried, don't ask for advice on an internet forum from people who have no idea.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1056657

Just because you have no idea doesn't mean that applies to everyone!

Ah yeah....like your average GP knows about cleansing protocols of the body...detox symptoms and overcoming a toxic load...yeah right mate...go to YOUR doctor and ask them!
LMAO!

The advice given in this thread is sound mostly and the OP would be wise to listen - rather than run to the doctor.

Detoxing effects can be miserable OP - but take it slow...really you should have introduced a certain percentage of raw foods than go instantly into a raw food regime. The effects are less drastic and more copeable.

The average person has a high toxic load...and the lethargy and fatigue reported and seen in almost everyone is due to this IMO.

All one has to do is stop taking the obvious toxins they know of - caffeine/alcohol/sugar/nicotene/rec.drugs/white flour goods/processed foods.

Drink more water when you stop your addictions to crap.

The body is always cleansing - whether you implement it or not - you don't need any knowledge of cleansing to really rid yourself of awful symptoms. Just STOP putting in the mouth what is most harmful to the body. Drink plenty of fab quality water...and you're body will do the rest - which means you'll feel like a teenager again!

I once juiced for 3 days...fruit and veggies - no solid food at all - then did some enemas to help clear out the 'crap'...after just 3 days i felt so amazing.

We eat far too much crap and don't drink enough goodness.
Optimal health is simple yet this world complicates it.

Your body knows how to cleanse - allow it - by stop putting crap in your body.
FHL(C)

User ID: 21310318
China
08/05/2012 07:17 AM

Report Abusive Post
Your body is healing itself, keep at it, have fresh juice and get some Q10 with it, orange juice fresh will give you energy to keep going, blueberry juice fresh for eyes etc*check web for juice details/effects, also prayer helps, especially when others pray for you, really, check it out, so go and ask for prayer on lisalisa's prayer thread

Last Edited by FHL(C) on 08/05/2012 07:17 AM
YAHshua the sound of His Name in English, YAH is short form of YHVH,
bible.Prayerbook.Praisebook downloads
[link to www.docdroid.net (secure)]
SHRModerator
Forum Administrator

08/05/2012 07:34 AM

Report Abusive Post
Yeah dude...know what I'd do?...Do a dozen seaweed enemas and only eat sprouts from a blender for a week...oh yeah and don't forget to wash all your vegetables with a paste made from hydrogen peroxide and bat shit...and chant a lot...ooooohhhmmmm...

Ever wonder why all these mighty vegatards around here have all these problems and drink colloidial silver, bleach and shove an orgone generator up their asses once a week and do all this other fucked up shit?...you're gonna find out if you do this stoopit crap.

Eat a frikkin NORMAL diet...Meats, vegs, fruits...everything and anything that isn't a box of Ring Dings all the time...and take a damn vitimin....every wonder why all these wood fairies around here are mostly femmy bags of cottage cheese that get sick all the time and most pro athletes could run through a wall?...it's because they eat EVERYTHING. Do some hard work and eat a steak...

Salad is not food, salad is what FOOD eats...

Ooooh, see the fire is sweepin' Our very streets today...
Burns like a red coal carpet, Mad bulls lost the way...
War, children, it's just a shot away...it's just a shot away....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1570599
08/05/2012 12:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
sounds like Atkins flue ... are you eating carbs?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21270995

That's basically all I'm eating. You get protein through raw nuts and such but it is almost all carbs.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21293670
United States
08/05/2012 12:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have had the worse body aches/headaches/fatigue of my life. Every single injury I've ever had is bothering me now. I'm eating a wide variety of raw foods as well...but I don't think I can keep this up. Any advice? BTW, I lost 7.5lbs in 4 days.
 Quoting: Idgits

its from the radiation from fukishima
Anonymous Coward
08/05/2012 12:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you get so sickish, weak and in trouble in just 4 days you must have been eating some real shitty foods before. Looks to me you got some withdrawal symptoms.
How many burgers and soda's did you eat before?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1068718

Actually we've been eating fairly healthy the past few months. I think the problem may be that 4 days before beginning this diet we got back from a week long vacation. On the vacation we ate subway a lot but it was mostly fast food that we hit up.
Anonymous Coward
08/05/2012 12:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have had the worse body aches/headaches/fatigue of my life. Every single injury I've ever had is bothering me now. I'm eating a wide variety of raw foods as well...but I don't think I can keep this up. Any advice? BTW, I lost 7.5lbs in 4 days.
 Quoting: Idgits

Idgits, are you on a 100% raw diet? I agree with other posters to go a little slower at first. Even though the foods are healthier for you, it's really hard on your system! The symptoms you described are most likely your body detoxing. Drink lots of clean water too!
 Quoting: Roxi
Buck Zander

User ID: 1658910
08/05/2012 12:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
I tried raw food diet for almost a year, about five years ago. Felt great, but teeth were in worst shape ever.
There must be a law that people can't lie.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4485751
United States
08/05/2012 12:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hang in there your body is releasing stored acids around your old injuries
bannedfornoreason

User ID: 7138989
United States
08/05/2012 12:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Mostly carbs from what, fruit?

See Gabriel Cousens suggests to minimize overt carbs in the beginning and to choose fats. Phase 1 only allows small amounts of berries (not blackberries tho) or grapefruit in a salad or with leafy greens. Phase 1.5 allows those fruits foods liberally with some grains if you like... only the special grains though. Phase 2 allows for everything else.

But if you want to do the faster cleanse, Dr. morse would have you do either a 40 days of just grapes or some equally powerful acid fruit, or acid fruit and melons. He would say just pick one fruit and eat of that for 40 days straight.

His all fruit diet though is only for cleansing and not to be done long term, it's only for cleansing.
bannedfornoreason
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16138415
United States
08/05/2012 12:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
i tried the raw food diet and got so weak i passed out i had to inhale 3 chili dogs and a lg shake to pull out of it i made a complete recovery.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1324238
United States
08/05/2012 12:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Keep it up you are detoxing.
 Quoting: Starlit

Oh dear god.

OP go see a doctor first thing Monday. In the meantime, fix a proper meal with a fresh veggie salad, medium-rare steak and a few roasted red potatoes. It won't hurt to go get a few bottles of mineral water so your body can replenish your vital nutrients (you need minerals to process vitamins) and maybe take a good multi vitamin tab with the proper meal if you have some on hand. Eggs are a good choice for breakfast. Eat some yogurt too to replenish intestinal flora.

SEE A DOCTOR MONDAY.
Earth Daughter

User ID: 20194236
United States
08/05/2012 12:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah, I recommend slowly easing into it as well. I tried going cold turkey and I had the runs for a week. My butt was so sore I had to give it up. I couldn't take it. Next time, I'll ease into something like that instead of shocking my body.
"Arrows of hate have been shot at me too, but they never hit me, because somehow they belonged to another world, with which I have no connection whatsoever." - Albert Einstein
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1444339
United States
08/05/2012 12:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh come on! You don't miss eating 27 cows all ground together and burnt up?
Wheres the brutally killing and slaughtering other live beings spirit OP?
Get with it! Digesting blood, muscle, and body fluids is where it's at.
Throw in a ton of pesticides and antibiotics and, now you're living.

Here! watch this. Narrated by a 70YO who we all know and who seems to be quite healthy despite his life long vegetarian diet.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1549805
United States
08/05/2012 12:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
See a doctor if you're that worried, don't ask for advice on an internet forum from people who have no idea.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1056657

All one has to do is stop taking the obvious toxins they know of - caffeine/alcohol/sugar/nicotene/rec.drugs/white flour goods/processed foods.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21310280

I never thought of white flower and sugar as a toxin.
Guess you are right!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20420272
United States
08/05/2012 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
The cure is coffee enemas! I would NEVER do any kind of a cleanse without doing them.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20420272
United States
08/05/2012 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
The cure is coffee enemas! I would NEVER do any kind of a cleanse without doing them.
woowoochic

User ID: 1353340
United States
08/05/2012 01:01 PM

Report Abusive Post
op, you're doing too much too soon. you need to step it down a notch and ease into 100% raw gradually. what you are experiencing is referred to as a cleansing crisis. they can be a bitch.

[link to www.falconblanco.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1549805
United States
08/05/2012 01:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
But if you want to do the faster cleanse, Dr. morse would have you do either a 40 days of just grapes or some equally powerful acid fruit, or acid fruit and melons. He would say just pick one fruit and eat of that for 40 days straight.

His all fruit diet though is only for cleansing and not to be done long term, it's only for cleansing.
 Quoting: bannedfornoreason

40 days is long term.
It would be crazy to try and survive on grapes and water for even a few days.

You would have headache from not eating, and it can't be healthy.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20583256
Canada
08/05/2012 01:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
NOTHING WRONG WITH DETOX - it can be harsh at first !
I have done the raw food diet and am not on it anymore. I recommend it for 3-5 months and then 75% raw and 25% cooked. Like veg soups grains/beans etc. Get a good juicer and make sure you are taking a good B12 everyday.
I am a Holistic Nutritionist, I promise you will be ok.
make sure you are taking something to help you cleanse your bowels and get those toxins out, you may also want to do a parasite cleanse.

if you are getting too ill - simply cut back to 75% for a day or 2.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20583256
Canada
08/05/2012 01:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
NOTHING WRONG WITH DETOX - it can be harsh at first !
I have done the raw food diet and am not on it anymore. I recommend it for 3-5 months and then 75% raw and 25% cooked. Like veg soups grains/beans etc. Get a good juicer and make sure you are taking a good B12 everyday.
I am a Holistic Nutritionist, I promise you will be ok.
make sure you are taking something to help you cleanse your bowels and get those toxins out, you may also want to do a parasite cleanse.

if you are getting too ill - simply cut back to 75% for a day or 2.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20583256

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16185849
Australia
08/05/2012 01:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don't eat raw meat. I almost died listening to the retards at GLP about this diet. Seriously. I was hospitalized for two weeks.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20781567

pigchef

cruisecruisecruise
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21305199
New Zealand
08/05/2012 01:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Humans long ago lived off the diet you are talking about and in those times 35 was considered old. The raw diet is not as good as people would make you believe it is
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7572373
United States
08/05/2012 01:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
It is most likely a detox from your vacation diet BUT I have been on a long term primarily raw food diet (18 months) and IT IS NOT FOR EVERYONE!!! Genetics play a huge role in what foods we SHOULD eat. Some people require meat and eggs to live optimally. Raw foods are great for rebooting and regenerating your body but I have seen very few people thrive on this diet long term and I personally know at least 50 people who have eaten primarily raw foods ALL OF THE TIME.

I am an O blood type. I am 5' 6.5" and got down to 110 lbs on all raw foods. It was like I developed some body image disorder. Never saw myself as overly thin until I saw a pic of myself and thought WTF? How did I not see that I was fucking starving. Never felt "hungry" kind of starving but obviously was not getting what I needed.

best forms of raw protein:
Spirulina
Bee Pollen
Hemp seeds
Chia seeds

nuts are difficult to digest (even if they are activated) for many people. don't eat much of them. also, one commenter said you might be getting too much fat, generally speaking, most people require LOTS of HEALTHY fats. Our brains are 70% fat and fat is required to build and restore cells. Often times there is too much SUGAR, including fruit sugar, in raw diets. Stick with as many greens as possible when eating raw.

I would not go into this diet/lifestyle on a whim. Occasional raw food fasts and cleanses ARE Wonderful, but don't get carried away. I have seen people end up with long term neurological damage because of this. Take care, OP!!!!
exploited
User ID: 18864159
Canada
08/05/2012 01:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Son of a bitch, I just started again 5 days ago too eating raw, juicing, etc.
I injured my right hand, the joint and tendons about 4 years ago.

The fucking thing swelled up so bad I can't jerk off, barely drive my car, or do anything with it.

I was told the enzymes break down scar tissue, forcing it to heal.

This raw food is good, if you have 2-3 months to lay around feeling like shit and having old injuries hurt like fuck. Probably after that I imagine you would be in great health.

Until then, FUCK MY HAND HURTS !! Can barely type this.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3786330
United States
08/05/2012 01:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Look into the foods that agrivate RA maybe and stay away from them for a bit and see. E.g. Carrots and stuff are nightshade family. Can't really say other than that was my first thought, but I don't have RA and I'm more of a carnivore.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18860801
United Kingdom
08/05/2012 01:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
My older brother did this many years ago in his mid twenties.

First off, he never put anything up his arse. No coffee enemas, nothing.

His diet consisted of nuts, pulses, fruit and veg. All raw. He drank only water. Never took a pill, vitamin, pain killer or otherwise.

At first the weight fell off him. My poor mother was worried sick. He insisted he was fine, he looked awful.

Within a couple of months the weight came back, the whites of his eyes shone and he had the whitest teeth you ever saw. He was, unbelievably, in perfect health.

He lived like that for a few years before deciding that it was 'extreme' and hard work to keep it up.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19804788
United States
08/05/2012 01:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
I almost died listening to the retards at GLP about this ...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20781567

lmao
Fhirinne

User ID: 17348671
United Kingdom
08/05/2012 01:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Its the detox effect taking place just keep at it.

[link to www.sunfood.net]
You are the CEO of your own wellness. You need to take back your health from the disease-care system

GLP