Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,525 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 98,285
Pageviews Today: 177,183Threads Today: 59Posts Today: 1,203
02:23 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

I tried the 'raw food diet' to get healthy - Holy Crap!

bannedfornoreason

User ID: 7138989
United States
08/05/2012 02:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: I tried the 'raw food diet' to get healthy - Holy Crap!
lol, I've been 90-100% raw for the past 2 years so I know shtuff.

But then again, I was also vegan for about 4 yrs before that.
bannedfornoreason
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1577182
Canada
08/05/2012 02:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's working..relax grasshopper...
bannedfornoreason

United States
08/05/2012 02:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm also a blood type O.

I don't need eggs or dairy. The nuts and seeds are hard to digest if your adrenals are not working well, and your liver is backed up. Really this has only to do with the allergies. When your liver and adrenals are well, then you won't have allergies.

The only other thing about fats is that it takes time to adjust to a higher fat diet. Takes about a week or so but you can kick start it by fasting for a day on just water before you get into it. And eat with leafy greens and/or microsprouts. The body needs to adjust metabolically so it can start to utilize energy from the fats, instead of quick sources of carbs. Takes about 3-5 days to begin, shorter if you fast. And still to perfect it maybe a couple weeks if not 3-4 weeks.

People only need about 30-50g of protein a day, even for the most extreme athletes. I'm serious. And if you're getting them from raw, germinated seed then you know you're getting quality highly digestible protein in the form of free amino acids.

Last Edited by bannedfornoreason on 08/05/2012 02:48 PM
bannedfornoreason
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16542544
United States
08/05/2012 02:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
best raw food diet protocol IMO is Gabriel Cousen's Spiritual Nutrition program, aka Rainbow Greens Livefood Cuisine. You can search on google for it. Search "phase chart updated rainbow greens live food gabriel cousens".

You have to go through 3 phases. First phase is little overt carbs. Only small amounts of berries or grapefruit in a salad base or with greens. Lots of nuts and seeds or other sources of fat. Bean sprouts in moderation. All of the nuts and seeds should be soaked over night and eaten as is, or germinated for 1-2 days longer, or redried after that.

As for what to buy organic... well, there is a list of things that realy should be organic.

It's recommended to have 1-2 lbs of leafy greens a day to make sure you don't have too much fruit, or nuts/seeds. Sprouts are wholly recommended. Mung beans, adzuki beans, lentils (all sprouted) are done in moderation. But getting a good micro sprout/microgreen sprout mix, or some other sprout mix (non legume) is also really good, if not recommended. I would say the sprouts are essential.

You'll see that you might be better off not making recipes and just eating the stuff you have as is. All seeds, nuts, and legumes are to be germinated before being eaten.

So on this diet, you stay in each phase for at least 3 months, max 6 months. Then you move to the next level/phase. Last phase is phase 2 (after 1.5).

Trust me.. do not pay attention to people telling you that you can't do this because you need meat, etc.
 Quoting: bannedfornoreason

Eating 'healthy' should not be this complicated... And 'organic' food is usually expensive as shit!

Sigh....
Revealed Hero
User ID: 21305852
Israel
08/05/2012 02:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
You're detoxing.

I have had the worse body aches/headaches/fatigue of my life. Every single injury I've ever had is bothering me now. I'm eating a wide variety of raw foods as well...but I don't think I can keep this up. Any advice? BTW, I lost 7.5lbs in 4 days.
 Quoting: Idgits
bannedfornoreason

United States
08/05/2012 02:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
best raw food diet protocol IMO is Gabriel Cousen's Spiritual Nutrition program, aka Rainbow Greens Livefood Cuisine. You can search on google for it. Search "phase chart updated rainbow greens live food gabriel cousens".

You have to go through 3 phases. First phase is little overt carbs. Only small amounts of berries or grapefruit in a salad base or with greens. Lots of nuts and seeds or other sources of fat. Bean sprouts in moderation. All of the nuts and seeds should be soaked over night and eaten as is, or germinated for 1-2 days longer, or redried after that.

As for what to buy organic... well, there is a list of things that realy should be organic.

It's recommended to have 1-2 lbs of leafy greens a day to make sure you don't have too much fruit, or nuts/seeds. Sprouts are wholly recommended. Mung beans, adzuki beans, lentils (all sprouted) are done in moderation. But getting a good micro sprout/microgreen sprout mix, or some other sprout mix (non legume) is also really good, if not recommended. I would say the sprouts are essential.

You'll see that you might be better off not making recipes and just eating the stuff you have as is. All seeds, nuts, and legumes are to be germinated before being eaten.

So on this diet, you stay in each phase for at least 3 months, max 6 months. Then you move to the next level/phase. Last phase is phase 2 (after 1.5).

Trust me.. do not pay attention to people telling you that you can't do this because you need meat, etc.

Eating 'healthy' should not be this complicated... And 'organic' food is usually expensive as shit!

Sigh....
 Quoting: ANHEDONIC

Heh, it's not that complicated if you think about it.

I'm not even recommending any kind of fasts, or smoothies, or detoxes, flushes, colonic, enemas, etc.
Well enemas may help. But colonics are not necessary and in fact too much.
Its jsut, a 3 phase diet on basic foods. I'm not even recommending doing only fruits. I'm completely against doing only fruits... the ancients might have done this but we can't do it first without rebuilding our bodies, and ensuring that we have access to WILD fruits, not store bought fruits. Again, it's only for cleansing though, but this is the most intense kind of cleanse. It has to be Acid fruits though, not highly sweet fruits.

Really, it's just a low/moderate carb raw vegan diet. That's all it is. The carbs can cause problems. The nuts and seeds, the fats, the greens are ESSENTIAL for rebuilding. Then you can have more carbs.

Last Edited by bannedfornoreason on 08/05/2012 02:50 PM
bannedfornoreason
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10393866
United States
08/05/2012 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don't eat meat and filler foods like bread. Bread and rice are poverty foods, with no nutrition. Eat fruits, veggies, and assortment of nuts. All raw. Avoid high starch veggies like potatoes or keep them at a bare minimum. Absolutely NO oil at all, it all bad, even olive oil. Try to keep your diet as close to a monkey in the jungle as you can.
bannedfornoreason

United States
08/05/2012 02:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don't eat meat and filler foods like bread. Bread and rice are poverty foods, with no nutrition. Eat fruits, veggies, and assortment of nuts. All raw. Avoid high starch veggies like potatoes or keep them at a bare minimum. Absolutely NO oil at all, it all bad, even olive oil. Try to keep your diet as close to a monkey in the jungle as you can.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10393866

Yup. I struggled myself with the raw food diet. It was mostly digestive issues and nothing else.

With time though, I just thought, ok let me just eat whatever I feel like as long as it's raw. That got me started. Eventually I went all raw, and I started with the Gabriel Cousens plan. It is a long term 9-18 months program to ease you into the ultimate long term raw food diet, which can be done FOR LIFE. It's not a cleanse. It's a lifestyle.

once I found that, my digestive issues had mostly to do with caffeine, and easing into a higher fat diet, then I knew this was for me. Metabolically speaking the body just has to adjust to a higher fat diet. Digestively speaking, you'll learn how to eat foods and in which order (food combos) that will make it work.

For me.. on a phase 1, a meal is germinated nuts and seeds, before a big bowl of greens (1-2lbs total a day) and a smaller bowl of berries. And flax/chia sprouts 2-3 tblsp twice a day.

Instead of the fruits you can also have sprouts of various kinds (not grains).

Last Edited by bannedfornoreason on 08/05/2012 02:55 PM
bannedfornoreason
bannedfornoreason

United States
08/05/2012 03:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
I stress the sprouts because they do make up for any deficiencies in the regular raw food diet, which surely is deficient.
bannedfornoreason
Anne O'Mally

User ID: 21329716
United States
08/05/2012 03:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have had the worse body aches/headaches/fatigue of my life. Every single injury I've ever had is bothering me now. I'm eating a wide variety of raw foods as well...but I don't think I can keep this up. Any advice? BTW, I lost 7.5lbs in 4 days.

consider that your digestive system may not be strong enough to handle a lot of raw food. try lightly steaming, and sticking to whole foods. basically if you just eliminate processed foods you'll do great.

what kind of diet did you go off of in the first place? you may be experiencing candida die-off. also it sounds like you are in major detox, drink lots of good water, juice veggies and fruits, ride it out my friend. :)
worth my weight in squirrels.
Anne O'Mally

United States
08/05/2012 03:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
I stress the sprouts because they do make up for any deficiencies in the regular raw food diet, which surely is deficient.

also sprouts contain the highest potential of the plant.

different ones will give different benefits.

for true, human assimilable calcium, sesame seeds are the #1 source, so sesame sprouts or tahini.

it is a myth that you get sufficient calcium from dairy products. they contain too much protein, which requires calcium to be absorbed. also the calcium in dairy is not human assimilable.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1139115
Canada
08/05/2012 03:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

keep going.

you are having a cleansing reaction, which is what should happen.
Anne O'Mally

United States
08/05/2012 03:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10393866

wrong...coconut oil is highly beneficial. i use it for my quick sautee's.

also the omega oils are very very important, especially to the function f the liver and brain, but they too must be taken in proper ratio to one another to be of any benefit...omega 3-6-9.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20964826
United States
08/05/2012 03:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

You're just detoxing rapidly. Ease into the raw food diet, like do half and half til you go all out.
Carol B.

User ID: 21050000
United States
08/05/2012 03:25 PM

Report Abusive Post
Keep going, it's just detox.
You can take sonne's fiber and liquid clay 4 times a day.
That may help.

If its really bad maybe try the master cleanse with the fiber and clay 4 times a day.

Good for you, I need to cleanse.

hf
 Quoting: seasidedaisy

^^Daisy is right...you are getting rid of toxins...never really fun, but necessary.^^
Prayer.....the world's first wireless connection.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19097287
Mexico
08/05/2012 03:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Organic coffee enemas, up to 5 times a day, it will help your liver kick out the toxins that are building up in it. This is what is happening to your system.

Really, no BS.

gonzo2
 Quoting: Just Some Dude

Don't do this!

People have died from coffe enemas
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14826446
United States
08/05/2012 03:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
if you're not eating organic non-genetically modified food then you're doing more harm than good, if you don't eat food in it's totally original natural state AND you don't cook it then that is a recipe for disaster.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14518086
United States
08/05/2012 03:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Organic coffee enemas, up to 5 times a day, it will help your liver kick out the toxins that are building up in it. This is what is happening to your system.

Really, no BS.

gonzo2

Don't do this!

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19097287

I would wonder if the new diet involved giving up caffeine, caffeine withdrawal can cause migraines.
Notsure

User ID: 20935491
United States
08/05/2012 03:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
start smoking cigarettes and get some painkillers, you'll feel alright.

no. you could be flushing out toxins.

detox may take a while, and often doesn't feel very good while it's happening. but many swear by how you feel afterwards, including myself. toxins supposedly accumulate in places of injury and such.

id get yourself on some sort of comprehensive organic detox regimen. make sure active charcoal is a component, since that will work wonders in cleansing your body of heavy metals, crap like that.

also, drink distilled. water. only distilled water. nothing else.

try it. and exercise.

id give it a month before you give up... sometimes you cant rush these things.

might want to supplement yourself with some accupuncture, massage, or both.

good luck to you :)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20043737

Cigarettes, YES!
Anonymous Coward
Canada
08/05/2012 03:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
flush yourself out every day.

you need about an hour near your toilet to do this. As you get cleaner , say in a week , the time will be about 1/2 hour to do it.
---

its called an oral flush

drink all at once:

1 quart of warm reverse omosis water
that has 2 level teaspoons of celtic sea salt mixed in.

lay down on diferent sides and angles for a few min. at a time and the salt solution will works its way through.

in about 15 min. to 3/4 hour you will get the urge to use the toilet---as you clean out each day the time to feel the urge and go and frequency of your toilet visits will reduce

--
First time you may not get much or anything---by day 3-4 you will be on the toilet mimicing a garden hose .--about 4-5 times.

when you have this garden hose affect--you have illimanatted most of the crude
now you can start feeling much better after each flush
don't do this all the time.
use it to get over your cleansing crisis hump---about a week or 2.

if your cheating--eating ANY low qaulity food or acidic food---don't waste your time doing this.

the idea is to trigger your body to let go of toxins and acidity.
and the flush to get it out of there quick.

your body will not cleanse if you don't trigger it.

its the deep tissue cleansing from alkaline and fermented foods that is the real beniftial thing to shoot for.

get her done quick, and you won't lose resolve.

---
Anne O'Mally

United States
08/05/2012 04:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
i've tried all kinds of stuff and find it is more sustainable to change one or two things a month and keep doing the new things while next month you change more.

very sudden big changes all at once can send you into backslide.

also, if the detox is already intense, i would NOT suggest colonics or enemas or anything...you do NOT need to be eating hospital food.

detox should be taken very seriously and never more than you feel you can handle. too much too fast can send you straight to ER.

i do agree with what 115 said about fermented foods...i like to have a tablespoon of unpasteurised apple cider vinegar in a glass of water daily. i also use ume plum, ume plum vinegar, braggs liquid aminos and nutritional yeast on my foods. NOT brewer's yeast...nutritional yeast is high in b vitamins and the most easily assimilable food source of such, for humans.

Last Edited by Anne O'Mally on 08/05/2012 04:05 PM
Just Some Dude

User ID: 3779821
United States
08/05/2012 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

Really, no BS.

gonzo2

Don't do this!

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19097287

Bullshit, megatoxic liver failure kills people, not coffee enemas. When people detox (which sounds exactly like OP is describing) the toxins get into the bloodstream and overload the liver, without glutathione S-transferase enzymes helping flush them out, the liver can go into failure. This is where coffee enemas come in handy, there are studies to back it up here:

[link to www.gallbladderattack.com]

gonzo2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17687147
United States
08/05/2012 04:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
not saying anything bad, how much does this diet cost per month? I'll be starting chemo (interferon) in a few weeks and will have to do some serious detox afterwards
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1444339
United States
08/05/2012 04:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Humans long ago lived off the diet you are talking about and in those times 35 was considered old. The raw diet is not as good as people would make you believe it is
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21305199

They died from disease not diet.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1464459
United States
08/05/2012 04:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

You body is detoxing. It is a classic case of herxheimer's (a detox reaction...it's positive but you fell worse before you feel better). This is absolutely detox!!!!

I doubt that you'd be up for it but what would help is colonics or coffee enema's. These move the toxins out faster and thus relieves the detox symptoms.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21328206
United States
08/05/2012 04:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

can you tell me more about yourself? age? sex? height? weight? average daily diet?

funny that you say you are an O too. We are prone to adrenal fatigue and raw foods are not recommended for adrenal fatigue.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19009045
Finland
08/05/2012 04:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
4 days isn't very long, but you probably went into it too quickly.

Do about 50% raw for a while, and go from there if you wish.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9014106

What the man said.

Esp. if your body isn't producing enough bile and or other enzymes to break down the food (it takes a LOT to break down raw food, even if you supplant with natural enzymes), then you will get sick, because all of the undigested food will start getting eaten in your large intestine producing gas and possibly temporal leaky gut.

As such, start easily with only half raw first and don't go all gung ho on legumes and other veggies full of polysaccharides.

Go slow and listen to your body. Give it time to adjust. With adverse reactions, cut back a little and try again.
bannedfornoreason

United States
08/05/2012 04:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

can you tell me more about yourself? age? sex? height? weight? average daily diet?

funny that you say you are an O too. We are prone to adrenal fatigue and raw foods are not recommended for adrenal fatigue.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21328206

26 yrs old. Male, 5 feet 9 inches. Weight is about 156. Adrenal fatigue if you abuse caffeine, which I have. Also copper toxicity has a part to play in that.

Av. daily diet is 1-2 lbs of leafy greens, nuts and seeds for protein, flax and chia seeds twice a day. some berries with my greens. Also, I have kelp everyday, I just chew big pieces of it. I also like dulse and wakame.

I will be adding sprouts once I get the materials ready.

And really the adrenal fatigue goes away when I stop drinking yerba mate for like a week.

Zinc foods, seaweed, greens, algaes nuts and seeds are good for the caffeine detox.

Last Edited by bannedfornoreason on 08/05/2012 04:31 PM
bannedfornoreason
Anonymous Coward
Canada
08/05/2012 04:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
i've tried all kinds of stuff and find it is more sustainable to change one or two things a month and keep doing the new things while next month you change more.

also, if the detox is already intense, i would NOT suggest colonics or enemas or anything...you do NOT need to be eating hospital food.

detox should be taken very seriously and never more than you feel you can handle. too much too fast can send you straight to ER.

i do agree with what 115 said about fermented foods...i like to have a tablespoon of unpasteurised apple cider vinegar in a glass of water daily. i also use ume plum, ume plum vinegar, braggs liquid aminos and nutritional yeast on my foods. NOT brewer's yeast...nutritional yeast is high in b vitamins and the most easily assimilable food source of such, for humans.
 Quoting: Anne O'Mally

your wrong.

fermented foods are good at all times and situations.

keifer------cultured milk.
Nato-------get your protein from this and it is the only soya to have
Kimchi-----an asian fermented vegetable dish.
komba-----liquid fermented product
braggs ACV-fermented apples--mostly vinegar affect--is alkalizing.
sauer krout-fermented cabbage.
raw cultured vegetables.
etc.

store bought is junk.
and make this stuff yourself OP--its all on the net.

it is fermented foods that are loaded with probiotics, vitamins minerals and alkalizing to boot---which are needed at all times--and more so when you are cleansing/flushing.

and you get a bigger bang for your food dollar OP when you make fermented foods.
the fermentation process increases the vitamin content in the food.

and lets not forget mold and parasites---cultured food kicks the crap out of mold and parasites in your body.

the lack of cultured food in our society is the big reason people are sick and are spinning their wheels trying to fix it.

cultured foods is the way to go OP.
before, during, and after your cleanse.

---
Anonymous Coward
Canada
08/05/2012 04:33 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anne O'Mally

your wrong.

fermented foods are good at all times and situations.

keifer------cultured milk.
Nato-------get your protein from this and it is the only soya to have
Kimchi-----an asian fermented vegetable dish.
komba-----liquid fermented product
braggs ACV-fermented apples--mostly vinegar affect--is alkalizing.
sauer krout-fermented cabbage.
raw cultured vegetables.
etc.

store bought is junk.
and make this stuff yourself OP--its all on the net.

it is fermented foods that are loaded with probiotics, vitamins minerals and alkalizing to boot---which are needed at all times--and more so when you are cleansing/flushing.

and you get a bigger bang for your food dollar OP when you make fermented foods.
the fermentation process increases the vitamin content in the food.

and lets not forget mold and parasites---cultured food kicks the crap out of mold and parasites in your body.

the lack of cultured food in our society is the big reason people are sick and are spinning their wheels trying to fix it.

cultured foods is the way to go OP.
before, during, and after your cleanse.

---
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1139115

sorry anne

your not wrong---don;t know how that happened.

GLP