Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,727 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 721,011
Pageviews Today: 1,316,716Threads Today: 628Posts Today: 10,749
02:44 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

I tried the 'raw food diet' to get healthy - Holy Crap!

bannedfornoreason

User ID: 7138989
United States
08/05/2012 04:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: I tried the 'raw food diet' to get healthy - Holy Crap!
As for why I had so much trouble with yerba mate, guayusa and cacao.. don't blame this on the diet. It's my own personal issue I've had to deal with. It's really just emotional.

But really do anticipate the addition of sprouts daily to my diet. That will close up any loose ends IMO.

Last Edited by bannedfornoreason on 08/05/2012 04:35 PM
bannedfornoreason
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21328206
United States
08/05/2012 04:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
lol, I've been 90-100% raw for the past 2 years so I know shtuff.

But then again, I was also vegan for about 4 yrs before that.
 Quoting: bannedfornoreason

can you tell me more about yourself? age? sex? height? weight? average daily diet?

funny that you say you are an O too. We are prone to adrenal fatigue and raw foods are not recommended for adrenal fatigue.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21328206

26 yrs old. Male, 5 feet 9 inches. Weight is about 156. Adrenal fatigue if you abuse caffeine, which I have. Also copper toxicity has a part to play in that.

Av. daily diet is 1-2 lbs of leafy greens, nuts and seeds for protein, flax and chia seeds twice a day. some berries with my greens. Also, I have kelp everyday, I just chew big pieces of it. I also like dulse and wakame.

I will be adding sprouts once I get the materials ready.

And really the adrenal fatigue goes away when I stop drinking yerba mate for like a week.

Zinc foods, seaweed, greens, algaes nuts and seeds are good for the caffeine detox.

I developed adrenal fatigue after being raw, caffeine may have been the culprit (large amounts of raw cacao), but I think stress and too much sugar did it too (agave and fruit). I can barely eat fruit anymore, I just don't like it very much at all. veggies and greens are cool but I like cooked stuff too. For me, it seems like a lot of work to eat raw. Sure, you can eat salads and nuts but these are very cold foods. how can one maintain a balance of cold and warm foods eating raw? too many "cold" foods will shout down the spleen. cold/warm foods is a reference to chinese and ayurvedic diets (just in case you didn't know, but I'm sure you did:)
Anne O'Mally

User ID: 21329716
United States
08/05/2012 05:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
your wrong.

fermented foods are good at all times and situations.

keifer------cultured milk.
Nato-------get your protein from this and it is the only soya to have
Kimchi-----an asian fermented vegetable dish.
komba-----liquid fermented product
braggs ACV-fermented apples--mostly vinegar affect--is alkalizing.
sauer krout-fermented cabbage.
raw cultured vegetables.
etc.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1139115

UH, how am i wrong when i was agreeing with you? i never said they weren't good at any time or any situation. are you just looking for a fight because you are convinced no one else can know what you do?

i just simplify. if i could be a full time foodie maybe making all that myself would be feasible but i always recommend the braggs, nutritional yeast and ACV, which you failed to specify as needing to be UNpastuerised.
worth my weight in squirrels.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2202286
United States
08/05/2012 05:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Most people on GLP are mentally ill. If you listen to them they'll have you on a super complicated diet and sticking things up your ass five times a day while shaking with paranoia.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4202449

LOL +1
Anne O'Mally

User ID: 21329716
United States
08/05/2012 05:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
I developed adrenal fatigue after being raw, caffeine may have been the culprit (large amounts of raw cacao), but I think stress and too much sugar did it too (agave and fruit). I can barely eat fruit anymore, I just don't like it very much at all. veggies and greens are cool but I like cooked stuff too. For me, it seems like a lot of work to eat raw. Sure, you can eat salads and nuts but these are very cold foods. how can one maintain a balance of cold and warm foods eating raw? too many "cold" foods will shout down the spleen. cold/warm foods is a reference to chinese and ayurvedic diets (just in case you didn't know, but I'm sure you did:)

THIS!!!! i find that very few people have any idea of the importance of chinese medicine, how foods effect internal environment.

good book (my bible, if you will, i find gabriel cousens to be a bit tedious and he doesn't address internal issues):

healing with whole foods, paul pitchford.

[link to www.healingwithwholefoods.com]
worth my weight in squirrels.
bannedfornoreason

United States
08/05/2012 05:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
I know I've been with those thoughts for a while .

IMHO, I think sprouts cure any of the cold/damp issues from the TCM perspective.

Also, the fact that there are so many goitrogens in popular (common) greens. Combine that with high oxolate greens. High copper present in mature greens also. There's where the confusion of veggies being "cold" in property. Aside from physical temperature. The cold temperature can be worked around by simply soaking your greens in lukewarm water as you wash them, with vinegar or H2o2.

Also, omega 3s are essential for keeping warm. I'm serious about this. Omega 3s and iodine.

Seaweed, high zinc foods, sprouts, omega 3s, and fermented foods. These are the essentials to counteracting any cold/damp issues with the raw vegan diet.

Also don't have too much fruit of course. That's why I recommend the Gabriel Cousens' Spiritual Nutrition 3 phase diet.
bannedfornoreason
bannedfornoreason

United States
08/05/2012 05:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

IMHO, I think sprouts cure any of the cold/damp issues from the TCM perspective.

Also, the fact that there are so many goitrogens in popular (common) greens. Combine that with high oxolate greens. High copper present in mature greens also. There's where the confusion of veggies being "cold" in property. Aside from physical temperature. The cold temperature can be worked around by simply soaking your greens in lukewarm water as you wash them, with vinegar or H2o2.

Also, omega 3s are essential for keeping warm. I'm serious about this. Omega 3s and iodine.

Seaweed, high zinc foods, sprouts, omega 3s, and fermented foods. These are the essentials to counteracting any cold/damp issues with the raw vegan diet.

Also don't have too much fruit of course. That's why I recommend the Gabriel Cousens' Spiritual Nutrition 3 phase diet.

I'm serious about the above. All of what I just wrote above addresses cold/damp issues in the raw vegan diet. Also don't deplete your yin with caffeine. If you need caffeine, raw yerba mate, guayusa and cacao is best but still it's extremely hard to find truly raw, and it still needs to be limited....
bannedfornoreason
bannedfornoreason

United States
08/05/2012 05:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

I'm serious about the above. All of what I just wrote above addresses cold/damp issues in the raw vegan diet. Also don't deplete your yin with caffeine. If you need caffeine, raw yerba mate, guayusa and cacao is best but still it's extremely hard to find truly raw, and it still needs to be limited....

I need to correct myself. It's not merely sprouts that adress the cold damp issues. But all the factors I adressed above. It's just that, microgreens and baby greens from greened sprouts are superior to mature greens.
bannedfornoreason
bannedfornoreason

United States
08/05/2012 05:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.westonaprice.org]

About copper. This paper pretty much proposes that copper is at the center of the issue of "cold nature" of veggies. But it's still a limited perspective, and pretty much leaves out other factors which can make the vegan diet work.

I've researched a lot, and if you take into account everything I just wrote.. I'm sure the cold/yin problems of the vegan and raw vegan diet can be adressed and worked around with a properly planned diet.
bannedfornoreason
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21340045
United States
08/05/2012 05:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don't eat raw meat. I almost died listening to the retards at GLP about this diet. Seriously. I was hospitalized for two weeks.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20781567

this

stuff these raw food idiots what you need is good fresh food
that is cooked if apropriate
bannedfornoreason

United States
08/05/2012 05:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don't eat raw meat. I almost died listening to the retards at GLP about this diet. Seriously. I was hospitalized for two weeks.

this

stuff these raw food idiots what you need is good fresh food
that is cooked if apropriate
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21340045

lol. I never said anything about eating raw meat.

There are ways to wash your veggies with simple h2o2, even vinegar or lemon juice. Fermented foods can also really help to correct any imbalances due to unnatural conditions in our environment.

Last Edited by bannedfornoreason on 08/05/2012 05:17 PM
bannedfornoreason
bannedfornoreason

United States
08/05/2012 05:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Lastly, as to the oxalate problem.. it might not even be an issue. There are some that propose that oxolate in it's natural raw 'organic' form is not a problem at all. but it's still good to have vitamin C to be sure.

Citric acid from lemon juice counter acts phytase. So sprout with lemon juice.

Last Edited by bannedfornoreason on 08/05/2012 05:27 PM
bannedfornoreason
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/05/2012 05:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Lastly, as to the oxalate problem.. it might not even be an issue. There are some that propose that oxolate in it's natural raw 'organic' form is not a problem at all. but it's still good to have vitamin C or citric acid to be sure.

mate if you have to use the term oxalate when dscussng what
i stuff down my gullet youve lost me already.

fresh food and good booze thats all you need
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/05/2012 05:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
but since we are on the topic does anyone know where i can get guarana in the usa im lookng for a natural form what i used to get was like a ground coffee
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18743622
United States
08/05/2012 05:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Keep going, it's just detox.
You can take sonne's fiber and liquid clay 4 times a day.
That may help.

If its really bad maybe try the master cleanse with the fiber and clay 4 times a day.

Good for you, I need to cleanse.

hf
 Quoting: seasidedaisy

Keep going, it's just detox.
You can take sonne's fiber and liquid clay 4 times a day.
That may help.

If its really bad maybe try the master cleanse with the fiber and clay 4 times a day.

Good for you, I need to cleanse.

hf
 Quoting: seasidedaisy

^ this
bannedfornoreason

United States
08/05/2012 05:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Lastly, as to the oxalate problem.. it might not even be an issue. There are some that propose that oxolate in it's natural raw 'organic' form is not a problem at all. but it's still good to have vitamin C or citric acid to be sure.

mate if you have to use the term oxalate when dscussng what
i stuff down my gullet youve lost me already.

fresh food and good booze thats all you need
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21340045

What? I dont understand what you said with regard the oxalate.
bannedfornoreason
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21328206
United States
08/05/2012 05:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Lastly, as to the oxalate problem.. it might not even be an issue. There are some that propose that oxolate in it's natural raw 'organic' form is not a problem at all. but it's still good to have vitamin C to be sure.

took me forever to find a vitamin c that wasn't acidic (*vitamin c is not recommended for people with adrenal fatigue due to its acidity). I am now using sodium ascorbate (alkaline form)with no fillers and I love it. Caffeine addiction is a bitch so I just do my best to keep it under control. But I like to drink and smoke too so not trying to be anyone elses picture of health just want to have fun and not die a miserable death while doing it, so moderation is the answer for me. I dont have any desire to cut out my drinking, smoking and caffeine but I did stop drinking alcohol and caffeine until I got my adrenals back in control and then seriously reduced my coffee consumption (yes, I know its the worst but I freakin love it)

*I put those little tidbits of info in there for other readers that may not be aware but are interested in the info
Belvedere
User ID: 3104279
Netherlands
08/05/2012 05:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
your body needs time to recover from all adictions.

sugar, salt, sour and spice we like.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1550123
United States
08/05/2012 05:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah dude...know what I'd do?...Do a dozen seaweed enemas and only eat sprouts from a blender for a week...oh yeah and don't forget to wash all your vegetables with a paste made from hydrogen peroxide and bat shit...and chant a lot...ooooohhhmmmm...

Ever wonder why all these mighty vegatards around here have all these problems and drink colloidial silver, bleach and shove an orgone generator up their asses once a week and do all this other fucked up shit?...you're gonna find out if you do this stoopit crap.

Eat a frikkin NORMAL diet...Meats, vegs, fruits...everything and anything that isn't a box of Ring Dings all the time...and take a damn vitimin....every wonder why all these wood fairies around here are mostly femmy bags of cottage cheese that get sick all the time and most pro athletes could run through a wall?...it's because they eat EVERYTHING. Do some hard work and eat a steak...

Salad is not food, salad is what FOOD eats...
 Quoting: SHR

Best advice!!!
emerald_glow

User ID: 924761
United States
08/05/2012 05:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
See a doctor if you're that worried, don't ask for advice on an internet forum from people who have no idea.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1056657

Yeah! All people who follow doctor's advice take their meds are healthy and happy! Look at those celebrities: they can afford the best that doctors can offer, and how long they live? *sarcasm*
Emerald_Glow
bannedfornoreason

United States
08/05/2012 05:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

took me forever to find a vitamin c that wasn't acidic (*vitamin c is not recommended for people with adrenal fatigue due to its acidity). I am now using sodium ascorbate (alkaline form)with no fillers and I love it. Caffeine addiction is a bitch so I just do my best to keep it under control. But I like to drink and smoke too so not trying to be anyone elses picture of health just want to have fun and not die a miserable death while doing it, so moderation is the answer for me. I dont have any desire to cut out my drinking, smoking and caffeine but I did stop drinking alcohol and caffeine until I got my adrenals back in control and then seriously reduced my coffee consumption (yes, I know its the worst but I freakin love it)

*I put those little tidbits of info in there for other readers that may not be aware but are interested in the info

Yea , the drinking alcohol, and caffeine, and smoking def. slows down detoxification and deplete your yin, so you won't feel like you're getting nourished on this diet. So you'll then look for alternatives to feel better.

As for vitamin C, you can just have fruits with vitamin C.

Heck.. even chili peppers. 1 has over 100% RDA of vitamin C, but you need to soak it in lemon juice to take away the spiciness.
bannedfornoreason
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20490216
United States
08/05/2012 05:49 PM
Report Abusive Post

please tell me this isn't true.

wtf.
DachshundsRule70

User ID: 18184810
United States
08/05/2012 05:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
You probably need something to bind the toxins that have been released in your body. Like chlorella or charcoal. Do a google search to find more info about that sort of thing
I am allergic to stupidity so I break out in sarcasm
When they said there was no Lyme in Florida they lied!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1218376
Denmark
08/05/2012 05:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

LOOOOOOLLLLLL
dibz72

User ID: 21215670
United Kingdom
08/05/2012 06:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Most people on GLP are mentally ill. If you listen to them they'll have you on a super complicated diet and sticking things up your ass five times a day while shaking with paranoia.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4202449

looooooooooooool thats the shizzle well time fior my imput ffsw 3 billion years in the making .....? hello listen to nature she shit s on every one mit knolege ffs think ....think again then folloiw through thats all the knolelledge u need#
:~~~~~~~)
ps yes im drunk:)
bannedfornoreason

United States
08/05/2012 06:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Humans used to be able to sense which foods were good for them by simply smelling and tasting, or sensing the vibration of the foods. No need for cooking, though preparation/processing might help. One can still process foods and keep them raw, preserving vitality, with biophotonic energy, enzymes, and organic compounds.

We lost that ability because either we are "lower" in vibration, or we just aren't that intuitive anymore, we aren't developing that skill anymore.
bannedfornoreason
lassensage

User ID: 21339213
United States
08/05/2012 06:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
We also detox through the skin..Draw a hot bath. First take a shower and vary the water temp from warm to cool several time to draw the toxins to the surface of the skin. Soak in bath, add sea salt, and or Epsom salts..Stay in until it cool then shower off, warm to cool several times.

Do this at least once a day..And be sure to go outside and sit on the ground in the sun. While weak and detoxing you might be more sensitive to energy.

Dandelion extract for liver cleansing..or milk thistle. And a small amount of Goldenseal/Echinacea daily to cleanse the blood.Cost you about $10 for each..

I prefer the liquid extract as just an eye dropper full does the job. 2 to 3 doses per day for 3 days,,then once daily for up to 3 wks.

Take a wk off...Can be taken daily for maintenance.

I recently added olive leaf extract for Shingles/hives/allergies.. With Excellent results.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15368686
United States
08/05/2012 07:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
So many differing opinions. I have found probably 30 different raw diets on the net...most of which say the same thing however, there's just enough about each one to make it different than another. One group says you MUST eat all raw, another says you must eat 95% raw and some things are better cooked. Another says you must supplement, another says you must detox with external or rectal items.

This is too much info...and too much DISINFO. I can only imagine the government's psyops people working on manufacturing diets that will deplete people's will and strength and make them basically cannon fodder if anything ever went down that needed solid men to stand and fight. There's no way a person could last long on that kind of diet if emergencies were to abound. I know several people who eat raw food diets. They look all healthy and capable on the surface but when we hit the back pack trail or we lift weights...they're always the last in line, always the one needing a break.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21322785
United States
08/05/2012 07:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
after cavemen began to cook their food, the evolved much faster after that. Something to ponder. Apes eat raw and u can see the difference: they die much younger than us.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20890048
United Kingdom
08/05/2012 07:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Cook some food.

GLP