Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,223 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,210,931
Pageviews Today: 2,022,216Threads Today: 833Posts Today: 14,457
07:25 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

MORINGA- THE MIRACLE PLANT. THIS IS A SURVIVAL PLANT AND WILL BE VITAL IN NEAR FUTURE!!! BANANAS!!!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24559753
Portugal
09/28/2012 08:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: MORINGA- THE MIRACLE PLANT. THIS IS A SURVIVAL PLANT AND WILL BE VITAL IN NEAR FUTURE!!! BANANAS!!!
hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17851333
United States
09/28/2012 03:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: MORINGA- THE MIRACLE PLANT. THIS IS A SURVIVAL PLANT AND WILL BE VITAL IN NEAR FUTURE!!! BANANAS!!!
I've got a baby moringa tree growing! It's only about 4 inches tall, but so CUTE. Sweet fringy little leave popping out on top.

When should I put this into a bigger pot? I have to keep this contained, my yard is to small to let it go on its own in size.

I was thinking put it into a gallon size pot when it's about 6 inches tall and go from there. I can keep it outside all winter (zone 9) and if it frosts, I can bring it in.

What is happening with the size of your moringas you have that are young plants?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24592520
Portugal
09/28/2012 06:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've got a baby moringa tree growing! It's only about 4 inches tall, but so CUTE. Sweet fringy little leave popping out on top.

When should I put this into a bigger pot? I have to keep this contained, my yard is to small to let it go on its own in size.

I was thinking put it into a gallon size pot when it's about 6 inches tall and go from there. I can keep it outside all winter (zone 9) and if it frosts, I can bring it in.

What is happening with the size of your moringas you have that are young plants?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17851333

Hi my friend, all my moringas are young for now and when they grow more i will cut them or in spring they will go to the ground. You can allways cut it and put her the sise you want. Moringas love to be cut! Take care with frost!
Renegade (Me too)

User ID: 21622140
United States
09/28/2012 06:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hi Luisport

I am up to 8 capsules of MO from Swanson brand.Just letting you know. ;)
 Quoting: calin

Me too!
Who is John Galt?
Renegade (Me too)

United States
09/28/2012 06:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Made 500 capsules today, 3rd day taking 10 caps. Feeling awesome , truly, but peeing like crazy !!!
 Quoting: TS66

I made my own too. Bought a pound of powder; and couldn't find a palatable way of taking it. So I bought a cap maker.

I do pee a lot. I go through a role of toilet paper every 3 days.
Who is John Galt?
Renegade (Me too)

United States
09/28/2012 06:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm growing mine from seed. amazing 100% germination
 Quoting: r.k. 22932900

Yes, it's very easy to sprout! And very cute plants too!
 Quoting: Luisport

I'm keeping my seeds. When SHTFI I plan to take them with me.
Who is John Galt?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24592520
Portugal
09/28/2012 06:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Made 500 capsules today, 3rd day taking 10 caps. Feeling awesome , truly, but peeing like crazy !!!

I made my own too. Bought a pound of powder; and couldn't find a palatable way of taking it. So I bought a cap maker.

Quoting: Renegade (Me too)

Cofee with moringa powder is sooo good!!! I put some powder in a cup and ad hot whater to make a wonderfull tea!!!
Renegade (Me too)

United States
09/28/2012 06:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hi Luisport

I am up to 8 capsules of MO from Swanson brand.Just letting you know. ;)

Still doing the 6 caps at night (5 days now), and I'm sleeping better than ever (strange dreams though !! LOL) !

LOL i think some people prefer 6 caps and other 10. For me this is the min and the max. And the oil to eat and pains, anyone has try it?

Not yet, you ? I have lymes, so I have good days and bad, I'll have to let you know about the pain after some time.

However, today I'm good hf

You might want to try hydrogen peroxide or MMS.
[link to www.earthclinic.com]
Who is John Galt?
Renegade (Me too)

United States
09/28/2012 06:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

Cofee with moringa powder is sooo good!!! I put some powder in a cup and ad hot whater to make a wonderfull tea!!!

Ohhh. I will try that. I thought people were putting it in their coffee, and I didn't like that at all. I use cream.
Who is John Galt?
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/30/2012 03:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Once picked the moringa leaves dry out really fast, I found from what my husband bought at the Filipino store. So, we had a bunch and they dried out very nicely, I put them into a paper bag and now I have tons of my own moringa leaf.

I guess I will try making a tea out of that.

Anyone know how that tastes? Are there any other herbs that blend nicely with the flavor of moringa leaf tea? I have spearmint, maybe I'll add a little and see.

I want to get as much moringa in me as possible.

Anyone used the dried leaves to cook with?
MONSTER

User ID: 2122560
United States
09/30/2012 03:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
I read about it about two months ago, I bought capsules and loose leaf and have been taking it . Havent seen much in energy level but my skin has gotten better and I dont have underarm BO anymore. Living here in Hawaii sometimes the humidity gets to you just sitting. I would have to put deodorant on several times a day. Then I noticed I didnt have to at all.
KINGDOMS, NATIONS AND KINGS HAVE BEEN BROUGHT DOWN TO THEIR KNEES WITH ONE GLANCE FROM A WOMAN.

I WEAR MY SKIN OF ARMOR SO NO ONE CAN GET IN AND NO ONE CAN GET OUT.

HOW CAN I MOURN YOU, WHEN I HAVE NEVER LET YOU GO, monster 1991-2008 RIP
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24701402
Portugal
09/30/2012 03:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Once picked the moringa leaves dry out really fast, I found from what my husband bought at the Filipino store. So, we had a bunch and they dried out very nicely, I put them into a paper bag and now I have tons of my own moringa leaf.

I guess I will try making a tea out of that.

Anyone know how that tastes? Are there any other herbs that blend nicely with the flavor of moringa leaf tea? I have spearmint, maybe I'll add a little and see.

I want to get as much moringa in me as possible.

Anyone used the dried leaves to cook with?

How luky you are! You can use to make tea (and eat the leaves in the end), and you can use in cooking in a lot of recepies. The tea is delicious, for me the leaves don't have a too much strong flavor. You can mixture maby with orange, lemon, mints etc...
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
09/30/2012 03:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
I read about it about two months ago, I bought capsules and loose leaf and have been taking it . Havent seen much in energy level but my skin has gotten better and I dont have underarm BO anymore. Living here in Hawaii sometimes the humidity gets to you just sitting. I would have to put deodorant on several times a day. Then I noticed I didnt have to at all.
 Quoting: MONSTER

That's good... please remember to see moringa as a food and not a medicine. We have to take it every day. With time you will noticed more good things happening in your body!
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
09/30/2012 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Moringa recepies: [link to adelewomen.tripod.com] [link to www.moringatreeoflife.com] [link to miracletrees.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24765290
Portugal
10/01/2012 04:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anyone with more experiences?hf
calin

User ID: 1350324
United States
10/01/2012 07:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nope sweetie. Taking 10 a day.
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.
THE SECOND AGREEMENT: "Don't take anything personally. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering." ~ Don Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24803126
Portugal
10/02/2012 04:14 AM
Report Abusive Post

One thing i noted is that i loss 5kg allready. My disire for sweets controled and for food too...
miffed

User ID: 24501342
Australia
10/02/2012 01:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have 2 out of 5 seeds sprouted (only been in the ground 1 week!!) I take the capsules every day 4-6 & have felt pretty darn good!! Thanks again Luisport hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24809730
Portugal
10/02/2012 01:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have 2 out of 5 seeds sprouted (only been in the ground 1 week!!) I take the capsules every day 4-6 & have felt pretty darn good!! Thanks again Luisport hf
 Quoting: miffed

That's great news! Enjoy it!hf
Comcast

User ID: 4936642
United States
10/02/2012 07:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Any pointers on growing these trees? I was reading through a bit about it's benefits and I'm looking to add Moringa to my diet along with Dandelions.

I ordered one Moringa tree that ranges in the 28-40 inch tall range. Along with that, 50 seeds. I forget what zone I live in, I want to say 7 (Pittsburgh, PA) where I can't successfully grow red wood saplings outdoors. Any special conditions I need to know about in growing? Thanks for any pointers!
Renegade (Me too)

User ID: 24639180
United States
10/02/2012 07:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

Ohhh. I will try that. I thought people were putting it in their coffee, and I didn't like that at all. I use cream.

Hey, I tried the moringa tea. That was good and I slept like a baby. Thanks Luis!
Who is John Galt?
Renegade (Me too)

United States
10/02/2012 07:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Any pointers on growing these trees? I was reading through a bit about it's benefits and I'm looking to add Moringa to my diet along with Dandelions.

I ordered one Moringa tree that ranges in the 28-40 inch tall range. Along with that, 50 seeds. I forget what zone I live in, I want to say 7 (Pittsburgh, PA) where I can't successfully grow red wood saplings outdoors. Any special conditions I need to know about in growing? Thanks for any pointers!
 Quoting: Comcast

You can't let them freeze. plant in pots and bring indoors during the winter. They are really more suitable in very warm, dry climates.
Who is John Galt?
Renegade (Me too)

United States
10/02/2012 07:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

One thing i noted is that i loss 5kg allready. My disire for sweets controled and for food too...

Same here. I have lost weight too! My food cravings have subsided.
Who is John Galt?
Comcast

User ID: 4936642
United States
10/02/2012 08:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

You can't let them freeze. plant in pots and bring indoors during the winter. They are really more suitable in very warm, dry climates.

Okay. Is there a specific type of dirt I should plant into? Dark and rich? Does it need a lot of sunlight, water?

Thanks!
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/03/2012 12:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here's how it's gone for my moringa, starting from seeds.

First I placed the seed about an inch deep into regular potting soil in a 4" diameter pot. (I planted 3 pots like that.)

One seed sprouted really quickly, within a few days. (It's triple digit heat here where I am and has been for weeks and weeks, low humidity, arid at times.)

When they sprout, they look like a little green stalk thing and in the center of the top, you'll see the teeniest little fringy things. After several days, you'll have a fringy baby tree.

Mine is not growing very fast because I think 111 F will stall just about anything that is trying to grow. But it's healthy looking and has leaves. It's about 4 inches tall or so and the fringy branches are 4 inches across in all. This is how you know a plant is healthy, when it is not spindly. It's as broad as it is tall overall, when in the first stages. (Tomatoes are like this, too, even eggplant.)Even tho moringa is a tree, I think this rule applies here during infancy of the tree.

The second one just started today, this is several weeks after the first one. It's got the stalky thing and microscopic fringes in the center of the top of the stalk.

Both trees look like something bit them off when they sprouted, but nothing did, it is how they look. Really strange. Anyone else notice they grow that way, from a stalk with almost nothing on the top? (Maybe I DO have an eater and don't know it.)

We'll see how she does.

Then, the third pot, I didn't have anything. I dug down into it and the moringa seed is popping open and is going to make a plant soon. I think I planted it a tad too deep, but I think all will be well.

Hopefully those of you who are where it is a little milder temps will have faster growth.

I just wanted to post this for those who are trying to start them and hadn't tried it yet, maybe it will help someone here.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24864373
Portugal
10/03/2012 04:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

yes this is a very sensitive plant regarding frost. Moringa stands untill -7c but she looses the leaves on 11c. She dies compleatly if the roots become iced... so maby it's a good idea to protect her!hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24864373
Portugal
10/03/2012 04:32 AM
Report Abusive Post

Okay. Is there a specific type of dirt I should plant into? Dark and rich? Does it need a lot of sunlight, water?

Thanks!

normal whater, direct sunlight, any type of soil, but she love a little bit of sandy soil. She dies with dump roots too...
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/03/2012 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here's how it's gone for my moringa, starting from seeds.

First I placed the seed about an inch deep into regular potting soil in a 4" diameter pot. (I planted 3 pots like that.)

One seed sprouted really quickly, within a few days. (It's triple digit heat here where I am and has been for weeks and weeks, low humidity, arid at times.)

When they sprout, they look like a little green stalk thing and in the center of the top, you'll see the teeniest little fringy things. After several days, you'll have a fringy baby tree.

Mine is not growing very fast because I think 111 F will stall just about anything that is trying to grow. But it's healthy looking and has leaves. It's about 4 inches tall or so and the fringy branches are 4 inches across in all. This is how you know a plant is healthy, when it is not spindly. It's as broad as it is tall overall, when in the first stages. (Tomatoes are like this, too, even eggplant.)Even tho moringa is a tree, I think this rule applies here during infancy of the tree.

The second one just started today, this is several weeks after the first one. It's got the stalky thing and microscopic fringes in the center of the top of the stalk.

Both trees look like something bit them off when they sprouted, but nothing did, it is how they look. Really strange. Anyone else notice they grow that way, from a stalk with almost nothing on the top? (Maybe I DO have an eater and don't know it.)

We'll see how she does.

Then, the third pot, I didn't have anything. I dug down into it and the moringa seed is popping open and is going to make a plant soon. I think I planted it a tad too deep, but I think all will be well.

Hopefully those of you who are where it is a little milder temps will have faster growth.

I just wanted to post this for those who are trying to start them and hadn't tried it yet, maybe it will help someone here.

Also, wanted to add that I've treated the baby moringas the same way I would when starting any other plant. Plenty of water for the new baby, I give them a good soaking every day due to extreme heat, but just keep the soil damp and you should be fine.

I have kept my pots in lots of sunlight since I planted the seeds. I didn't try to plant in the shade and then harden them off.

I will be transplanting soon and when I do that, since the plant will be in some shock from moving the roots around, I will put it into a bigger pot with potting soil (regular cheap stuff I use for everything) and will put it in the shade for a couple of days so it can establish itself, then harden it off with sunlight after that.

Needs lots of sun. I've also been reading that it makes a good indoor potted plant. I would assume in front of a sunny window, if you are in a cold climate.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24896120
Portugal
10/03/2012 05:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
maby too much whater and low temp, she likes the oposite
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25122402
Portugal
10/07/2012 01:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.youtube.com]

GLP