HUGE Louisiana sinkhole!!!!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20513319
United States
08/09/2012 02:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: HUGE Louisiana sinkhole!!!!
Check out the weather radar...Wonder what a lightening strike in the area would do.

[link to www.intellicast.com]
..|O_o|..
User ID: 10463447
Canada
08/09/2012 02:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Great Abyss, An Entire Continent Burning, The Very Concept of Hell

excerpt:
The water in underground aquifers has been heavily pumped by irrigation farmers which has lowered the water levels by 100 feet, and as a result created a partial vacuum in the aquifers. The aquifers lie beneath the H-P Natural Gas Reserve. The vacuum from the removed water consequently sucks all the "replacement" water the energy companies have been pumping into America's natural gas reserve for the purpose of extracting gas, downward, to fill the void in the aquifer. As a result, a partial vacuum is then created in our natural gas reserves, which in turn draws air (oxygen) into the reserves from the surface of the earth, mostly through vent pipes created in the drilling process, effectively converting our gas reserves into an extremely volatile bomb made of natural gas and oxygen.

According to its own official maps, America (and both its neighbors) sit on top of the Hugoton-Panhandle Natural Gas Reserve, which is the largest natural gas reserve on earth.

In order to extract natural gas from what is basically an enormously large interconnected and "dry" set of chambers, America's energy companies have been pumping huge amounts of water into them for just under a hundred years to force the gas out into pipelines, then on to processing plants.

Meanwhile, the law of gravity has been constantly pulling the replacement water they had previously filled that part of the gas chamber with into our water acquifers, which are located well below the gas chambers, leaving the partial vacuum that remains loaded with lower levels of natural gas.

Once the oxygen to gas ratio reaches fourteen percent, the "mix" in this part of the reserve becomes volatile, and subject to exploding if and when it is ever ignited. A mix of twenty one percent oxygen to gas ratio causes that particular gas chamber to become a genuine fully loaded bomb, just waiting to be ignited.

[link to www.fourwinds10.net]

Last Edited by Phennommennonn on 09/10/2012 10:06 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20632801
United States
08/09/2012 02:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
They should just blow this thing now instead of waiting for it to get bigger.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17455716

Not sure that would make much difference.
 Quoting: alexisj9

If they did, they wouldn't tell you. They don't want the public responsibility.
moot

User ID: 1076292
United States
08/09/2012 02:14 PM

Report Abusive Post
They should just blow this thing now instead of waiting for it to get bigger.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17455716

wtf
I'm not quite thru living yet
Daikirai

User ID: 1528322
Netherlands
08/09/2012 02:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
e345467
Chi pecora si fa, il lupo se la mangia
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1547157
United States
08/09/2012 02:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Check out the weather radar...Wonder what a lightening strike in the area would do.

[link to www.intellicast.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20513319

Good point...never thought of that.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1155690
United States
08/09/2012 02:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
So any massive sinkholes are opening up this year.
strange.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18850150
United States
08/09/2012 02:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

News from last year:

Problem with potential leaking oil reserve salt dome in southeast Louisiana.

[link to www.chron.com]

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18850150
United States
08/09/2012 02:34 PM
Report Abusive Post

Check this out from the news article I linked above:

" The government used previously created salt caverns along the Gulf Coast to store the first 250 million barrels of oil in the reserve.

Later, it began using a process called "solution mining" to carve additional caverns out of underground salt domes. The process involves injecting water deep underground to dissolve salt and create the pockets, some of which are as big as skyscrapers.

The same process that is used to create the caverns can make them bigger over time as water is injected to force oil from the domes, Beaubouef said.

"That essentially leaches out the cavern further," he said. "That's planned for. It's in the design. But every time there's a drawdown order, the cavern gets bigger."

Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 12487521
United States
08/09/2012 02:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Tard

User ID: 12029600
United States
08/09/2012 02:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
hiding
YaRight

User ID: 8202675
United States
08/09/2012 02:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
A+ OP …good GLP doom here
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
08/09/2012 02:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16081815
United States
08/09/2012 02:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
And here I was thinking that Lousiana was a great place to be in these troubling times.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1266907
United Kingdom
08/09/2012 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
do you know america is sat on one huge fucking bomb ...

you have the largest mother fucker pocket of gas undernieth america and iff it goes boom so does the whole of usa go up in flames , maybe this is what the bible speaks of , destroyed in one our by fire ...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17467379
United States
08/09/2012 02:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
from another thread....

'Back in Jan. of this year, I was heavily researching the 'mystery booms' that had started popping up all over.

On one of the USGS forums I was using, a man claimed to know what was causing the booms and then went into great detail on what to look for.

His post, and the entire thread have long since been purged.

However, what he said stuck with me and from that point on I was waiting for the signs.

He claimed that the booms were the result of Super Fracking that had exposed a large underground cavern that sat against an exposed section of a subsection of the Madrid fault. That when this happened they knew they'd messed up big time. From then on the US Gov has been undergoing a 24/7 operation of keeping the cavern pressurized with fluid, to prevent the methane from travelling through the fault and destabalizing it.

He claimed that, if methane bubbles started appearing in the gulf, it would be a sign that the US efforts had failed and that the methane was now free flowing.
He said if we started to see methane bubbles and sinkholes around the gulf coast, it would signal a window of weeks before a cascade failure occurs.

When the methane forces it's way through the fault, the resulting force will rip up the entire fault complex and end up ripping the entire Mississppi River valley a new one.
He estimated at least 100 miles on either side of the Mississppi as being underwater. The new continental divide.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8637765

I don't know if you are still reading this (AC that posted this), but I will tell you this. I've been coming to GLP for a LONG time, and I am pretty calloused over from the failed attempts at outdooming each other by people. Too many failed attempts at predicting the future. So I take everything with a GIANT grain of salt.

HOWEVER....this.....what you posted....seems EXTREMELY credible, believable....and it scares the SHIT out of me. LITERALLY. This is bad bad bad mojo!!!

I would literally be more worried about this than Iran or Syria or the Londom Olympic doom....
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3446

Yes! More info on this is NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20586262
United States
08/09/2012 02:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
They're declared a State of Emergency over the huge sinkhold, that should tell us something!
CASCABEL

User ID: 15804846
United States
08/09/2012 02:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
just wait until they start with this B.S.

Thread: Playing with fire: EGS wants to drill a multitude of holes across America by a process called ‘hydroshearing’
" Sonny Liston is nothing. The man can't talk. The man can't fight. The man needs to take talking lessons. The man needs to take fighting lessons. And since he's fighting me, he needs falling lessons."

Muhammad Ali...
woowoochic

User ID: 1353340
United States
08/09/2012 02:55 PM

Report Abusive Post

popcorn
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6739256

i love boomhower!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21195063
United States
08/09/2012 03:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.examiner.com]

Bayou Sinkhole: Radioactive dome issues covered up over a year
Bayou Corne sinkhole disaster
August 9, 2012

New evidence shows Bayou Corne oil and gas sinkhole disaster cover up violates human right to security

As officials were telling Louisiana bayou people to not worry and little more, Louisiana Department of Natural Resources and Texas Brine Co. officials have known for over a year that the company's salt dome cavern had radioactive materials pumped into it and might have problems, according to government regulatory files uncovered Wednesday. The salt dome is now suspected of causing the expanding 160,000 square feet sinkhole and natural gas venting in Bayou Corne and Grand Bayou area swamps.

For over two months, as gas bubbles and tremors rattled Bayou Corne and Grand Bayou swampland and residents' human rights, DNR and other officials asking for patience knew they had given permission to have radioactive materials pumped into the salt dome, and they had been testing oil and gas wells and other salt caverns due to problems, according to the Advocate's David J. Mitchell of River Parishes bureau Thursday morning.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21447290

oh great
like it's not bad enough
of course it has to be radioactive, too

damn it
look at what these elites have done!
and people are worried they don't get enough tax breaks?
idiots
they need handcuffs, not tax breaks
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20632801
United States
08/09/2012 03:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

If there is a huge earthquake at the New Madrid rift,
it could destroy bridges along the Mississippi River
and totally disrupt east/west commercial and military
transit. And also the huge network of oil/gas pipelines
in the region.

And what the earthquake does not physically destroy,
it will destroy economically.

Such an event would severely restrict US military actions
around the world. Many troops now being used on foreign
soil would be forced to return home.

It would be an opportune time for others to take advantage
of a wounded giant.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18850150

That's crazy. Nobody is going to attack the US except for Mexico, and they already are.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21616239
United States
08/09/2012 03:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

Bayou Sinkhole: Radioactive dome issues covered up over a year
Bayou Corne sinkhole disaster
August 9, 2012

New evidence shows Bayou Corne oil and gas sinkhole disaster cover up violates human right to security

As officials were telling Louisiana bayou people to not worry and little more, Louisiana Department of Natural Resources and Texas Brine Co. officials have known for over a year that the company's salt dome cavern had radioactive materials pumped into it and might have problems, according to government regulatory files uncovered Wednesday. The salt dome is now suspected of causing the expanding 160,000 square feet sinkhole and natural gas venting in Bayou Corne and Grand Bayou area swamps.

For over two months, as gas bubbles and tremors rattled Bayou Corne and Grand Bayou swampland and residents' human rights, DNR and other officials asking for patience knew they had given permission to have radioactive materials pumped into the salt dome, and they had been testing oil and gas wells and other salt caverns due to problems, according to the Advocate's David J. Mitchell of River Parishes bureau Thursday morning.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21447290

oh great
like it's not bad enough
of course it has to be radioactive, too

damn it
look at what these elites have done!
and people are worried they don't get enough tax breaks?
idiots
they need handcuffs, not tax breaks
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21195063

bump
Poriwoggu

User ID: 6678126
United States
08/09/2012 03:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
hiding
 Quoting: Tard

Let look at what actually created the cavern.

Texas Brines is a mining company that produces caustic soda.

The company created the cavern by pumping water in and brine out. Afterward they pumped in salt water and topped it with diesel fuel (to keep the salt at the top of the mine from diffusing into the brine).

This is a hole created by mining.

Last Edited by Poriwoggu on 08/09/2012 03:10 PM
Poriwoggu
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17467379
United States
08/09/2012 03:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Please keep an eye on this folks!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21616239
United States
08/09/2012 03:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
and it just gets better

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4457511
United States
08/09/2012 03:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Quotes from the book Through the Curtain (1983) by Viola
Petitt Neal, Ph.D.

Quote:

"The earth is not molten at its core as is sometimes said. At present the solar system has moved into great streams of Cosmic Energy in space. Some of these energies, striking through the surface of the earth, have the effect of melting substances and they do become molten, although ordinarily they may be in a solid state. It is as if these radiations from space kindle numerous fires under the surface of our earth and we have volcanic activity and also shifts at deep levels. It is not solid straight through. Therefore, when these fires are kindled by the penetration of cosmic radiations there is a flow and shift of masses which cause a vast number of small earth quakes all over the surface of the earth. These are increasing every day ands will continue to increase because deep inside the earth much shifting and change is taking place. Wherever there are major fault lines or cracks closer to the surface it is expected that large major shifts will take place."

This is what is making the sinkholes in my opinion...
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
08/09/2012 03:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
and it just gets better

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21616239

Wow...good post AC!
dynamite
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4701453
United States
08/09/2012 03:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
I wonder when this "pops" it will be the start of everything?
psyoptics

User ID: 14240707
United States
08/09/2012 03:23 PM

Report Abusive Post
as we think about what the US would look like if the goes up....
and the divide after....

let us remember who many nuclear facilities are in this area.

[link to www.google.com]

now think of the massive power outage in the east that would occur.....

GAME OVER!
a good video editor can make anyone say anything the editor wants.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9519815
United States
08/09/2012 03:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
emergancy officals are going door to door today taking names and contact information of the people in the area. this from my friends that live in the area.

GLP