HUGE Louisiana sinkhole!!!!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18850150
United States
08/09/2012 03:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: HUGE Louisiana sinkhole!!!!

ac, I wasn't referring to an overt military attack on the USA.

As I said... a huge New Madrid earthquake would so severely
destroy the USA, physically and economically, the US could
no longer be the self-appointed world cop. It would have to
bring troops home from foreign lands, giving opportunity for other to take advantage of the wounded giant, an opportunity
for Serbia to take Kosovo, China to take Taiwan, North Korea
to take South Korea, Palestinians to take Jerusalem, etc.

psyoptics

User ID: 14240707
United States
08/09/2012 03:27 PM

Report Abusive Post
and it just gets better

[link to www.examiner.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21616239

Wow...good post AC!
dynamite
 Quoting: Paa Tal

here is more government speak for the masses!
During the now ongoing monitoring, officials continue to say that no danger is posed to the community. The mandatory evacuation orders remain in place.

so all is good do not worry....but please stay the hell away because it be dangerous here!

WTF?
a good video editor can make anyone say anything the editor wants.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 12487521
United States
08/09/2012 03:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
as we think about what the US would look like if the goes up....
and the divide after....

let us remember who many nuclear facilities are in this area.

[link to www.google.com]

now think of the massive power outage in the east that would occur.....

GAME OVER!
 Quoting: psyoptics

Seem to remember something last year about some military people saying to move west of the Mississippi River...I wonder if this was the reason and not the Canary Islands!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1437851
United States
08/09/2012 03:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
from another thread....

'Back in Jan. of this year, I was heavily researching the 'mystery booms' that had started popping up all over.

On one of the USGS forums I was using, a man claimed to know what was causing the booms and then went into great detail on what to look for.

His post, and the entire thread have long since been purged.

However, what he said stuck with me and from that point on I was waiting for the signs.

He claimed that the booms were the result of Super Fracking that had exposed a large underground cavern that sat against an exposed section of a subsection of the Madrid fault. That when this happened they knew they'd messed up big time. From then on the US Gov has been undergoing a 24/7 operation of keeping the cavern pressurized with fluid, to prevent the methane from travelling through the fault and destabalizing it.

He claimed that, if methane bubbles started appearing in the gulf, it would be a sign that the US efforts had failed and that the methane was now free flowing.
He said if we started to see methane bubbles and sinkholes around the gulf coast, it would signal a window of weeks before a cascade failure occurs.

When the methane forces it's way through the fault, the resulting force will rip up the entire fault complex and end up ripping the entire Mississppi River valley a new one.
He estimated at least 100 miles on either side of the Mississppi as being underwater. The new continental divide.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8637765

This is a game changer
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21189051
Canada
08/09/2012 03:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to assumptionla.wordpress.com]

Updates at above link !!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21616239
United States
08/09/2012 03:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
lets hope it does not do this

[link to en.wikipedia.org]
psyoptics

United States
08/09/2012 03:31 PM

Report Abusive Post
as we think about what the US would look like if the goes up....
and the divide after....

let us remember who many nuclear facilities are in this area.

[link to www.google.com]

now think of the massive power outage in the east that would occur.....

GAME OVER!

Seem to remember something last year about some military people saying to move west of the Mississippi River...I wonder if this was the reason and not the Canary Islands!

well i was being way more doomy then even that thought....
look at how many planets are on the east coast and in the mid west.

when i said ..
GAME OVER!....i mean game over for all on this tiny planet!
psyoptics

United States
08/09/2012 03:33 PM

Report Abusive Post

WOW, we humans can be sooooo
STUPID when given the chance.

Last Edited by psyoptics on 08/09/2012 03:33 PM
alexisj9

User ID: 1376880
United Kingdom
08/09/2012 03:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

ac posted:

He claimed that the booms were the result of Super Fracking that had exposed a large underground cavern that sat against an exposed section of a subsection of the Madrid fault. That when this happened they knew they'd messed up big time. From then on the US Gov has been undergoing a 24/7 operation of keeping the cavern pressurized with fluid, to prevent the methane from travelling through the fault and destabalizing it.

He claimed that, if methane bubbles started appearing in the gulf, it would be a sign that the US efforts had failed and that the methane was now free flowing.
He said if we started to see methane bubbles and sinkholes around the gulf coast, it would signal a window of weeks before a cascade failure occurs.

When the methane forces it's way through the fault, the resulting force will rip up the entire fault complex and end up ripping the entire Mississppi River valley a new one.
He estimated at least 100 miles on either side of the Mississppi as being underwater. The new continental divide.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18850150

That's interesting.

A retired Texaco geologist has theorized that the Gulf coast area
is a mini-plate that affects the New Madrid rift area.

Here is more info

[link to www.aapg.org]

nice link AC!
 Quoting: BRIEF

And it's floating on a sea of oil and gas...

Not anymore.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21525624
United States
08/09/2012 03:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
I live in southeast LA.

This is small news around here.

I guess some of those who are far away grab what they see as an opportunity to DoomSpew.

Fuck you, doomspewers.

When the shit really hits the fan you will most certainly be the most timid bitches of all.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/09/2012 03:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21189051

wow, check out the actual size of the salt dome

about 2 MILES across

holy big badaboom, batman!!!!
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/09/2012 03:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

WOW, we humans can be sooooo
STUPID when given the chance.

ain't that the truth
alexisj9

United Kingdom
08/09/2012 03:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

Nowq that is interesting. Perhaps that is what they are gearing up for?

Martial law? Imagine an 8.0+ EQ right through the middle of the USA cutting it in 1/2.

Thousands dead, millions displaced.....oh yeah this reads like a good D00m book.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1284404

Been following all this for two years since a Navy friend begged me not to move to Memphis...AND sent me that map.

He also told me that the BP gig wasn't an accident.

The BP fiasco was a failed attempt to correct a huge and dangerous growing situation as we are seeing the beginning of an event so severe. The BP incident was to "relieve" pressure from the huge underground volcano and caverns filled with natural and methane gases. While these are natural caverns filled with enough energy to sustain our country for eons, it also is connected to one of the biggest and most dangerous fault lines in the world. Knowing this and our govt still drilled, fracked, blew up, mined and God knows what else to extract. The earth does have a unique way of saying enough is enough.....I think the earth has had enough.....
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1224842

Unfortunately I think your right.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21620509
United States
08/09/2012 03:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
I made a comment about this shit when it happened, not to sure the exact date that folks down there started to see these bubbles but this has been going on since mid June... here is a report from around then... [link to ascension-assumption.wafb.com]
it baffled me and the wife when it got reported, and like I have said many many times I feel my home area of Louisiana is going to see some nasty doom shortly, I really hope not, but since I moved here from the UK, I have NEVER ever felt normal here. I know the people can be strange and all but there is something I feel in the air as they say, and when that weird freak gaga sang her song about louisiana not getting away this time I freaked the sheet out... as soon as we can afford to move from here were offski...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4488404
United States
08/09/2012 03:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
This thread makes me horny.popcorn
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17467379
United States
08/09/2012 03:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
I live in southeast LA.

I guess some of those who are far away grab what they see as an opportunity to DoomSpew.

Fuck you, doomspewers.

When the shit really hits the fan you will most certainly be the most timid bitches of all.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21525624

Dud, I live there too. And yes, all media are downplaying it. Why that makes you comfortable, I don't know. If something drastic is wrong, THEY WILL NOT TELL US ANYWAY!
They'll let it go down and say 'fuck it.'

I for one am GLAD these people are watching this!

-
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13968314
United States
08/09/2012 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Mississippi is 55ft below normal levels, and almost dry in some places. Think maybe the water is disappearing because of underground levels a reducing, and not from the weather/heat?
alexisj9

United Kingdom
08/09/2012 03:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

Great so they have learnt nothing from the damage they have done already.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21525624
United States
08/09/2012 03:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
I live in southeast LA.

Fuck you, doomspewers.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21525624

Dud, I live there too. And yes, all media are downplaying it. Why that makes you comfortable, I don't know. If something drastic is wrong, THEY WILL NOT TELL US ANYWAY!
They'll let it go down and say 'fuck it.'

I for one am GLAD these people are watching this!

-
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17467379

We've had sinkholes before.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17467379
United States
08/09/2012 03:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.examiner.com]
less than 50%
posting for those who haven't read this:

Two years ago, after BP's Deepwater Horizon catastrophe began, scientists observed methane concentrations in the Gulf up to 10,000 times higher than normal and corresponding oxygen depletion levels. Methane is a greenhouse gas 20 times more potent than carbon dioxide. Two years ago, residents along the Gulf reported the water "bubbling" and "hissing." For two months, Bayou Corne area residents have been reporting their swampland bubbling and a diesel odor.

Early warnings after the Gulf catastrophe began were that high temperature oil gushing from the rupture could melt the methane hydrates (clathrates) at the ocean bottom, leading to massive methane release to the surface. Methane at such a profound depth would be under thousands of pounds of pressure, like fracking fluid injected into deep gas wells to fracture the gas-bearing strata, releasing the gas for extraction.

If any of the melted methane at the ocean bottom has access to strata which could also fracture, could it travel horizontally underground for some distance, to surface miles away?

In “The Worst-Case Scenario,” a frightening "low-probability" scenario was described on Huffington Post by DK Matai, Chairman of Asymmetric Threats Contingency Alliance (ATCA) & The Philanthropia. Matai highlighted the possibility of the "massive bubble trapped for thousands of years under the Gulf of Mexico sea floor" exploding and setting off a "tsunami [traveling] at a high speed of hundreds of miles per hour."

"There are serial resistances along channels, say along stata or their boundaries; transverse resistances between channels; and transverse capacitances which are voids where gas can be stored at applied pressures," retired neuroscientist Paul Brown explained to Deborah Dupré Saturday. "In the case of a long-lasting increase of source pressure due to an undersea rupture, as the gas travels along the longitudinal channels, pressure buildup is slower and slower at greater and greater distances.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21195063

Quoting because this is scary as shit!
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/09/2012 03:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Mississippi is 55ft below normal levels, and almost dry in some places. Think maybe the water is disappearing because of underground levels a reducing, and not from the weather/heat?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13968314

could this be a chicken/egg situation

with no surface water to evaporate, the ground would get hotter and no moisture=no rain

hhhmmmm.....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12672712
United States
08/09/2012 04:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
The water in underground aquifers has been heavily pumped by irrigation farmers which has lowered the water levels by 100 feet, and as a result created a partial vacuum in the aquifers. The aquifers lie beneath the H-P Natural Gas If that should ever take place, the entire North American Continent would be subject to a series of explosions and fires, until it literally ceases to exist, because the entire N. American Continent is literally perched on top of the H-P Reserve. So, after the explosions, those parts that are made of heavily oil laden shale rock would simply burn until there is nothing left. Which means the dirt itself would burn.

The Hopis had a prophecy which was something like "the entire U.S., land and people, will be destroyed by atomic weapons. Only our land will provide an oasis". Was that meant symbolically, or is the Hopi land literally the only safe place?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4457511
United States
08/09/2012 04:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Quotes from the book Through the Curtain (1983) by Viola
Petitt Neal, Ph.D.

Quote:

"The earth is not molten at its core as is sometimes said. At present the solar system has moved into great streams of Cosmic Energy in space. Some of these energies, striking through the surface of the earth, have the effect of melting substances and they do become molten, although ordinarily they may be in a solid state. It is as if these radiations from space kindle numerous fires under the surface of our earth and we have volcanic activity and also shifts at deep levels. It is not solid straight through. Therefore, when these fires are kindled by the penetration of cosmic radiations there is a flow and shift of masses which cause a vast number of small earth quakes all over the surface of the earth. These are increasing every day ands will continue to increase because deep inside the earth much shifting and change is taking place. Wherever there are major fault lines or cracks closer to the surface it is expected that large major shifts will take place."

This is what is making the sinkholes in my opinion...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4457511

^^^^^^^^truth here ^^^^^^^^^
goodmockingbird

User ID: 16354268
United States
08/09/2012 04:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21189051

2:38 p.m. Update from LA National Guard

August 9, 2012

//It has been reported to OEP that the Louisiana National Guard helicopter pilot/crew, using infrared equipment, flew over the slurry/sinkhole site last night and observed a 10-20 foot growth to the North & South.
I Support Our First Responders
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21572776
Canada
08/09/2012 04:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
I HOPE IT SWALLOWS DUTCHNNONSENSE HES FROM THEIR
alexisj9

United Kingdom
08/09/2012 04:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
I HOPE IT SWALLOWS DUTCHNNONSENSE HES FROM THEIR
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21572776

What ever you think of people you should never wish harm on them, it's the same as wishing harm on yourself.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/09/2012 04:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
lots of good info here

bunch of press releases

and very nice diagrams
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/09/2012 04:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
lots of good info here

bunch of press releases

and very nice diagrams

opps, note to self, insert link, dumbass

[link to assumptionla.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21187899
Canada
08/09/2012 04:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Who is the fucking genius that decided that putting diesel fuel into a salt cavern as a 'pad' was a good thing?

Talk about morans.
alexisj9

United Kingdom
08/09/2012 04:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Who is the fucking genius that decided that putting diesel fuel into a salt cavern as a 'pad' was a good thing?

Talk about morans.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21187899

+1

GLP