User ID: 2177642
United States
10/07/2012 04:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: HUGE Louisiana sinkhole!!!!
the intelligent question would be "where the hell did
all that gas come from?"

Im pretty sure Synthia creates methane as a by product as it consumes oil (carbon?). There was also another GM organism that was used first to make the oil easier to withdraw.

Synthia was mixed with the mutagen, corexit (benzene) and dumped to mitigate/hide the disaster. I imagine both gm organisms are subject to mutation, so it is possible that vaccines they have created will not work.

Add that to Venters poison washing up in Fla infecting people and potentially mutating itself from meeting corexit. Anyone know how long benzene stays effective in the environment?

Seems like the plan should be to hit the northern western states, make as much money as I can and then head to South America.

Is methane exposure better or worse at altitude? Too many variables?
Esoteric Morgan
...in awe of many things

User ID: 3539589
United States
10/07/2012 05:08 AM

Report Abusive Post
This has gone so far from the original concern, that the sinkhole would reach a butane-filled cavern, that I've lost track.

How is that problem? Did it turn out to be not explosive after all?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25023771

why should it be. salt caverns are being used for
natural gas storage all over the tri-state area, and have been for the past 75 years.

all that gas come from?"
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25075586

EDIT, the pdf found at the bottom of my NEXT comment is probably a good choice to look at first. At he end of, there are large color maps

=====================================

I found this assessment today:

Executive Summary—2002
Assessment of Undiscovered Oil and Gas Resources of the Cretaceous Travis Peak and Hosston Formations, Jurassic Smackover Interior Salt Basins Total Petroleum System, in the East Texas Basin and Louisiana-Mississippi Salt Basins Provinces

[link to pubs.usgs.gov]

I tried to copy a part of the summary, but, its 2 column nature screwed it up.

There is a map showing these assets. I think this might help answer some of you question.

The map this as one HUGE area.

Last Edited by esotericMorgan on 10/07/2012 05:48 AM
-- TRUST THE PLAN --
.......WWG1WGA......

User ID: 3539589
United States
10/07/2012 05:39 AM

Report Abusive Post
These have some other informatio, although, again, not easily copied

2012 Assessment Updates

[link to energy.usgs.gov]

[link to energy.usgs.gov]

Overpressure and hydrocarbon accumulations in Tertiary strata, Gulf Coast of Louisiana
2012, Nelson, Philip H.
Search and Discovery, August 2012
[link to pubs.er.usgs.gov]

Many oil and gas reservoirs in Tertiary strata of southern Louisiana are located close to the interface between a sand-rich, normally pressured sequence and an underlying sand-poor, overpressured sequence. This association, recognized for many years by Gulf Coast explorationists, is revisited here because of its relevance to an assessment of undiscovered oil and gas potential in the Gulf Coast of Louisiana. The transition from normally pressured to highly overpressured sediments is documented by converting mud weights to pressure, plotting all pressure data from an individual field as a function of depth, and selecting a top and base of the pressure transition zone. Vertical extents of pressure transition zones in 34 fields across southern onshore Louisiana range from 300 to 9000 ft and are greatest in younger strata and in the larger fields. Display of pressure transition zones on geologic cross sections illustrates the relative independence of the depth of the pressure transition zone and geologic age. Comparison of the depth distribution of pressure transition zones with production intervals confirms previous findings that production intervals generally overlap the pressure transition zone in depth and that the median production depth lies above the base of the pressure transition zone in most fields. However, in 11 of 55 fields with deep drilling, substantial amounts of oil and gas have been produced from depths deeper than 2000 ft below the base of the pressure transition zone.

[link to www.searchanddiscovery.com]

The pdf has quite lenghty, with loads of info and maps

Last Edited by esotericMorgan on 10/07/2012 05:43 AM
-- TRUST THE PLAN --
.......WWG1WGA......
United States
10/07/2012 10:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
most of what is happening is not synthia. It is the normal deterioration from mix of earth changes and excess pumping. there are magma flows thru the whole area disturbing it all. I was told it more north onto the mainland, all the gulf disturbance and that is what is going on.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24348001
United States
10/07/2012 10:19 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: taniatarn

Absolutely phenomenal work taniatarn has done to produce this video.
 Quoting: my2centsworth

taniatarn? the guy that made the vid said his name was jim
lee??
Thor's Hamster

User ID: 1248699
United States
10/07/2012 11:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Huge Louisiana twinkhole = Richard Simmons. (No offense to gays. That wasn't so much a gay joke, as it was a play on words).
Apollo astronauts couldn't have passed through Van Allen's Belt. Van Allen wore suspenders.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16845676
United States
10/07/2012 11:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
all that gas come from?"

Im pretty sure Synthia creates methane as a by product as it consumes oil (carbon?). There was also another GM organism that was used first to make the oil easier to withdraw.

Synthia was mixed with the mutagen, corexit (benzene) and dumped to mitigate/hide the disaster. I imagine both gm organisms are subject to mutation, so it is possible that vaccines they have created will not work.

Add that to Venters poison washing up in Fla infecting people and potentially mutating itself from meeting corexit. Anyone know how long benzene stays effective in the environment?

Seems like the plan should be to hit the northern western states, make as much money as I can and then head to South America.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2177642

hiding
RadChick

User ID: 24892162
United States
10/07/2012 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
all that gas come from?"

hiding
 Quoting: Goofy for God

Synthia creates carbon dioxide as a by-product of metabolizing oil (synthetic bioremediation)...thats how it 'pushes' oil out of the well. It also makes the rock sides of the well more 'slippery".

[link to rense.com]

"Apart from being a notorious and hard to eradicate (immune to beta-lactam and other antibiotics)"

Synthia is antibiotic resistant. For whatever Dr Vectorstein felt that was an important factor when he recombined the bacterial DNA.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

I think the methane is coming from melting methane hydrates. The carbon dioxide is assistng in building pressures in the interconnected aquifers and wells (and possibly faults).
Founder of Nuked Radio

Thread: MAYDAY: The Wigner Effect

”To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
~Thomas Paine
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25122258
United States
10/07/2012 11:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
screw Synthia.

there is a huge reservoir of natural gas (methane)
underneath southern louisiana, and it is this
gas that is leaking up all over the place and
threatening to make all of southern louisiana (including New Orleans), uninhabitable.

and, the experts are beginning to call this event "The Matt Simmons Syndrome".
RadChick

United States
10/07/2012 11:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
If you want to hear some crazy BP and other oil-drilling facts/trivia explained by Matt Simmons, listen to this interview:

[link to jewsandjoes.com]

Made about 6 weeks before Matt died. He advocates evacuation of the entire GOM coast in this interview!

Start at 8 minutes in...
Founder of Nuked Radio

”To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
~Thomas Paine
RadChick

United States
10/07/2012 11:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
We seem to be living in a giant geological and environmental experiment - and the closer you get to the Mercondo well, the worse it gets. That's how this is shaping up for me, but it may ultimately affect the entire US especially east of the Mississippi. And if the New Madrid goes off...well.
Founder of Nuked Radio

~Thomas Paine
Frater

User ID: 18312371
United States
10/07/2012 11:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Can someone give me the readers digest on this from a non hyped viewpoint?

Is something really going to pop and go boom or poison people or what?

How much real damage is possible and will it happen?

Thank You,

Frater
LVX!
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/07/2012 11:30 AM
Report Abusive Post

Thank You,

Frater
 Quoting: Frater

the New Madrid isn't expected to blow. and, it is
only all of southern louisiana that will will be
rendered uninhabitable, and merely die a whimpering death.

more slow DOOM. nothing spectacular.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/07/2012 11:36 AM
Report Abusive Post

Thank You,

Frater

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25122258

and, the last time i checked, New Orleans is in southern louisiana.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/07/2012 12:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

Thank You,

Frater

and, the last time i checked, New Orleans is in southern louisiana.

bump
Dangerwalt

User ID: 22103379
Brazil
10/07/2012 03:19 PM

Report Abusive Post
bumps
Just one any....

The first symptom of stupidity is to think that we already know everything...

:hollowichigo:
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 12487521
United States
10/07/2012 03:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
From this morning!

The first vent well is complete.

[link to assumptionla.wordpress.com]

Anonymous Coward
United States
10/07/2012 04:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
let me see if i got this straight:

they struggle and struggle for years and years to
prepare caverns like this so they can store natural gas in them.

and here that have one of these caverns that fills up
with natural gas, spontaneously, all by itself -- and now
they are venting all this gas into the atmosphere? wtf

wtf

wtf

wtf
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/07/2012 04:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
There are some pictures of the six geoprobes located on the Triche property.

[link to www.flickr.com]

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25145826
United States
10/07/2012 06:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
This oil is acting just like a volcanic thrust that creates mineral viens in Colorado and Nevada gold fields...its a geothermal event..upward thrust of minerals..WE MAY SOON SEE PETRO PLACERS
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/07/2012 07:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
This oil is acting just like a volcanic thrust that creates mineral viens in Colorado and Nevada gold fields...its a geothermal event..upward thrust of minerals..WE MAY SOON SEE PETRO PLACERS
 Quoting: S.A.W.

cool. chuncks of gold shooting up out of geysers.
Earth Cries

User ID: 1027179
United States
10/08/2012 10:45 AM

Report Abusive Post
New sinkhole info.

Gassed Louisiana sinkhole family human rights plea exposes coverup

Today, near the latest Bayou Corne sinkhole area bubbling site, resides Alicia Heilig, her two children and mother, suffering burning eyes, nausea, constant dull headaches and other signs of being poisoned, with no emergency aid, cannot evacuate from the life-threatening area, they have told human rights reporter Deborah Dupré....

[link to www.examiner.com]
Mark 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

“Things fall apart; the center cannot hold.” Yeats
alexisj9

User ID: 1376880
United Kingdom
10/08/2012 11:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
New sinkhole info.

Gassed Louisiana sinkhole family human rights plea exposes coverup

Today, near the latest Bayou Corne sinkhole area bubbling site, resides Alicia Heilig, her two children and mother, suffering burning eyes, nausea, constant dull headaches and other signs of being poisoned, with no emergency aid, cannot evacuate from the life-threatening area, they have told human rights reporter Deborah Dupré....

[link to www.examiner.com]
 Quoting: Earth Cries

verysad
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/08/2012 01:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Driving of casing in the second vent well is complete (visible on Highway 70, northeast of the community). They were able to go down to 199'. If all activities remain on schedule, we may see flaring as early as Thursday or Friday.

Earth Cries

User ID: 1027179
United States
10/08/2012 02:23 PM

Report Abusive Post
More sinkhole info.

Legal Expert on Sinkhole: “Incredibly dangerous situation” — Local officials very concerned gas could burst through ground with explosive force (VIDEO)

Local officials have told the Advocate they’re very concerned that the odorless and colorless gas is accumulating to the point where it could burst through the ground with explosive force...

[link to enenews.com]
Mark 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25202774
United States
10/08/2012 06:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
all that gas come from?"

hiding
 Quoting: Goofy for God

EMERGENCY OVERVIEW: Methane is an odorless, colorless gas, or a colorless, odorless liquid in its
cryogenic form. Both the liquid and the gas pose a serious fire hazard when accidentally released. The liquid will rapidly
boil to the gas at standard temperatures and pressures. As a gas, it will act as a simple asphyxiant and present a
significant health hazard by displacing the oxygen in the atmosphere. The gas is lighter than air and may spread long
distances. Distant ignition and flashback are possible. The liquefied gas can cause frostbite to any contaminated tissue.
Rapid evaporation of the liquid from the cylinder may cause frostbite. Flame or high temperature impinging on a
localized area of the cylinder of Methane can cause the cylinder to rupture without activating the cylinder’s relief devices.
Provide adequate fire protection during emergency response situations. Allow the released gas to dissipate in the
atmosphere.

MATERIALS WITH WHICH SUBSTANCE IS INCOMPATIBLE: Strong oxidizers (e.g., chlorine, bromine pentafluoride,
O-X-Y-G-E-N, oxygen difluoride, and nitrogen trifluoride).

The boiling point of methane is -162.0° C (-259.6° F)

It is lighter than air, having a specific gravity of 0.55

Maintain oxygen levels above 19.5%

mixtures of methane and air, with the methane content between 5 and 14 percent by volume, are explosive

Methane reacts with steam at high temperatures to yield carbon monoxide and hydrogen

symptoms which include headaches, ringing in ears,

XXXXXXXXXXXX...Simple Asphyxiant...XXXXXXXXXXX

No adverse effect is anticipated to occur to plant-life, except for frost produced in the presence of rapidly
expanding gases.

MSDS Methane gases [link to avogadro.chem.iastate.edu]
Methane is the simplest member of the paraffin series of hydrocarbons. Its chemical formula is CH4. It is lighter than air, having a specific gravity of 0.554. It is only slightly soluble in
water. It burns readily in air, forming carbon dioxide and water vapour; the flame is pale, slightly luminous, and very hot. The boiling point of methane is -162.0° C (-259.6° F) and the melting point is -182.5° C (-296.5° F). Methane in general is very stable, but mixtures of methane and air, with the methane content between 5 and 14 percent by volume, are explosive. Explosions of such mixtures have been frequent in coal mines and collieries and have been the cause of many mine disasters.

Methane is an important source of hydrogen and some organic chemicals. Methane reacts with steam at high temperatures to yield carbon monoxide and hydrogen; the latter is used in the manufacture of ammonia for fertilizers and explosives. Other valuable chemicals derived from methane include methanol, chloroform, carbon tetrachloride, and nitromethane. The incomplete combustion of methane yields carbon black, which is widely used as a reinforcing agent in rubber used for automobile tires.
[link to www.c-f-c.com]
INHALATION: High concentrations of this gas can cause an oxygendeficient
environment. Individuals breathing such an atmosphere may
experience symptoms which include headaches, ringing in ears,
dizziness, drowsiness, unconsciousness, nausea, vomiting, and
depression of all the senses. Under some circumstances of
overexposure, death may occur. Isobutylene also has some degree of
anesthetic action and can be mildly irritating to the mucous
membranes. The effects associated with various levels of oxygen are
as follows:
CONCENTRATION SYMPTOMS OF EXPOSURE
12-16% Oxygen: Breathing and pulse rate increased,
muscular coordination slightly disturbed.
10-14% Oxygen: Emotional upset, abnormal fatigue,
disturbed respiration.
6-10% Oxygen: Nausea and vomiting, collapse or loss of
consciousness.
Below 6%: Convulsive movements, possible respiratory
collapse, and death.

RESPIRATORY PROTECTION: Maintain oxygen levels above 19.5% in the workplace. Use supplied air respiratory
protection if oxygen levels are below 19.5% or during emergency response to a release of Methane. If respiratory
protection is required, follow the requirements of the Federal OSHA Respiratory Protection Standard (29 CFR 1910.134) or
equivalent State standards.

9. PHYSICAL and CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
VAPOR DENSITY: 0.6784 kg/m3 (0.042 35 lb/ft3) SPECIFIC VOLUME: 23.7
SPECIFIC GRAVITY (air = 1): 0.555 FREEZING POINT: -182.2°C (-296°F)
SOLUBILITY IN WATER: Very slight. BOILING POINT @ 1 atm: -161°C (-258.7°F)
EXPANSION RATIO: 626 (cryogenic liquid) EVAPORATION RATE (n-BuAc): Not applicable.
ODOR THRESHOLD: Not applicable. Odorless. VAPOR PRESSURE (psia): Not applicable.
COEFFICIENT WATER/OIL DISTRIBUTION: Not applicable. pH: Not applicable.
APPEARANCE AND COLOR: Colorless, odorless gas, or colorless, odorless, cryogenic liquid.
HOW TO DETECT THIS SUBSTANCE (warning properties): There are no distinct warning properties. In terms of leak
detection, fittings and joints can be painted with a soap solution to detect leaks, which will be indicated by a bubble
formation.
NOTE: This gas is lighter than air and must not be allowed to accumulate in elevated locations.

11. TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION (Continued)
REPRODUCTIVE TOXICITY INFORMATION: Listed below is information concerning the effects of Methane on the human
reproductive system.
Mutagenicity: No mutagenicity effects have been described for Methane.
Embryotoxicity: No embryotoxic effects have been described for Methane.
Teratogenicity: No teratogenicity effects have been described for Methane.
Reproductive Toxicity: No reproductive toxicity effects have been described for Methane.

[link to search.yahoo.com]

There are no specific exposure limits for Methane. Methane is a simple asphyxiant
(SA). Oxygen levels should be maintained above 19.5%.

METHANE MSDS GASES [link to www.mesagas.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/09/2012 12:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
10:50 a.m. Slough In on SW Side of Sinkhole

Earth Cries

User ID: 1391818
United States
10/09/2012 12:32 PM

Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Paa Tal

Seems to be slowly eating away towards the pipeline. Not good.

Patassa

User ID: 21916852
United States
10/09/2012 12:45 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Paa Tal

Seems to be slowly eating away towards the pipeline. Not good.
 Quoting: Earth Cries

Both of those pipes have been emptied and capped since August 5th. They are dead pipelines.

[link to assumptionla.com]

Please explain how a pipeline is to evacuate and shut in.

To evacuate and shut in a pipeline, the block valves on either end of the area to be evacuated are shut in and the gas remaining in that area is either flared or vented off and/or compressed for transport to another line.

·Was this completed/ when?

Yes -- both were completely evacuated and shut in by August 5, 2012.

·Has this eliminated the hazard of a possible explosion of these pipelines?

Yes, no potential of explosion exists for the areas that are shut in.
Earth Cries

User ID: 1391818
United States
10/09/2012 07:45 PM

Report Abusive Post
Officials: ‘Elevated’ hydrocarbon readings on residential street 1,000s of feet from sinkhole — Levels previously so high, sheriff threatened public with arrest for tampering with monitors

[link to enenews.com]

Where is the proof that it was tampered with.
Cover up for how really bad this is getting, IMHO.

GLP