Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,413 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 273,210
Pageviews Today: 435,306Threads Today: 157Posts Today: 2,782
04:44 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Thoughts on creating a RURAL COMMUNITY vision, Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish"

ChivalryKnight
The "lost" tribes of Israel=Europe!

User ID: 10776423
United States
08/10/2012 12:15 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Thoughts on creating a RURAL COMMUNITY vision, Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish"
Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."

Our company I work for was losing money and deep in debt. My wife has always taught me feng shui and wise object placement for energy flow and prosperity... ie. nothing behind doors, fountains symbolic of water, etc.

I love antiques, art, etc. sooo....... I brought in a 19th century picture of women catching apples in an orchard on a blanket and put it literally right on the wall outside the door of my boss.

He had a brilliant red DANGER "no smoking" sign on his door in huge letters... I also removed that sign to a much further place... as he brings many sales contacts into his office.

Suffice it to say many things have turned around dramatically for the company... debt paid down, sales (fruit being caught) way way up, we've erected a new building.

THE HONEST UNCTION AND LEADING OF THE THREAD IS A RURAL VISION AT THIS POINT BUT JUST TO SHOW HOW VISIONS CAN OPERATE TO DIRECT OUR FUTURE... SO I AM SEGWAYING IN THAT DIRECTION.

Last Edited by ChivalryKnight on 08/13/2012 10:21 AM
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Jefferson

Laughter is health to the bones so just do it!
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 12:18 PM

Report Abusive Post
Re: Thoughts on creating a RURAL COMMUNITY vision, Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish"
Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

We were living in a major metropolitan city some years back and I desperately wanted to get the family moved out to the country.

I bought a delightful country picture with rolling hills, a rural farm landscape, in short.... our personal vision and placed it right in front of my office work desk (in a garage space in the house I remodeled)

That vision of country living came to pass within a few years after placement of the picture... and thinking on this thing... meditating on it, praying about it.

Last Edited by ChivalryKnight on 08/10/2012 12:34 PM
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Jefferson

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17186930
United States
08/10/2012 12:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Thoughts on creating a RURAL COMMUNITY vision, Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish"
Nice!
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 12:22 PM

Report Abusive Post
I Thessalonians 5:17 tells us to "Pray without ceasing."

As I have grown older in body but renewed in spirit this has rung more and more true.... spontaneously on nature hikes dropping to my hands and knees (grounding if you will) to more of the source or praying throughout the day.

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 12:33 PM

Report Abusive Post
Having confirmation or witnesses also helps to establish a vision or confirm it's viability and if the result will be blessed.

Deuteronomy 19:15 "One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established."

The above context is a court of law. I think the point I am striving towards is that time is short for many friends and family I love and am concerned about in large metropolitan (welfare/drug) regions of the country and they need confirmation or witnesses to establish a vision of hope. The hour is late... worrying about an election or political change is rather vain at this point.

I personally have drawn straws to make decisions when my time and resources are limited to know The Father's will on a given decision.

I hope this offers some spiritual guidance as I know many many people in the valley of decision on the verge of "coming out of Babylon" ... ie. the welfare system/drug infested metropolitan zones and can sense changes coming.

Last Edited by ChivalryKnight on 08/10/2012 12:34 PM

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 12:37 PM

Report Abusive Post
So I suppose with that said and the fall feast days coming upon us (Atonement which is a great time to fast, pray and self examine)Trumpets (symbolic of resurrection and spiritual warfare to come) and Tabernacles (Receiving inheritance and rest) it seems there is much preparing to manifest in the physical realm.

I encourage GLP'ers to seek out a feast keeping group and benchmark on their vision and vibe at present. The feasts are God's vacation schedule in a sense... a rest from the madness of Babylon, consumerism, etc.

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 12:42 PM

Report Abusive Post
bump

There are so many on GLP that see and sense the changes coming. There are so many I have known with the "pimped" out giant Hummmer, tons of gear, watched all the Chuck Norris movies perhaps, (OK I'm stereotyping a bit) but they are not grounded in a community of like minded people. Spiritual grounding with kindred I believe will be much more important in the days ahead.

The Hummers will be abandoned and stripped out on the side of the road when the gas stations don't work.

Friendships, hugs and love will carry you much further than the macho man 4 x 4 and ammo. Not saying don't do these things because God gives different people different callings.

Last Edited by ChivalryKnight on 08/16/2012 11:09 AM

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20606318
United States
08/10/2012 12:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump

Would invite response, confirming word of scripture if so led. Thx
 Quoting: ChivalryKnight

hello....
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 12:51 PM

Report Abusive Post
Revelation 18:4 "And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues."

2 Corinthians 6:17 "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."

I commute over 100 miles every day to make our country vision a reality. It has not been easy.... I have often been tired, alone, driving older cars with high mileage on them but God has held them together and the blessings I have received since leaving the city have been without measure.

I suppose I have an unction to get this word out for those GLP'ers still in the valley of decision. The welfare foodstamp section 8 crowd literally took over much of our neighborhood in the city.... theft, dumping, squalor, crime, squatters (empty unsold houses)

All the warning signs of Babylon's collapse are out there.... anyone hearing the call to come out?

Anonymous Coward
United States
08/10/2012 12:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
All the warning signs of Babylon's collapse are out there.... anyone hearing the call to come out?

i like the idea of 'correction' better than 'collapse'....

assesment of purpose also comes to mind....
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/10/2012 01:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
The welfare foodstamp section 8 crowd literally took over much of our neighborhood in the city.... theft, dumping, squalor, crime, squatters (empty unsold houses)

not trying to justify any of that, but this local you speak of, what is the murder rate there ??
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 02:16 PM

Report Abusive Post
Murder rate was dangerous (don't know how high) but God protected us during our sojourn.... I had built chain link gate around my front perimeter and 6' picket fence around back.... had means of protection all over the house... just got tired of living that way.

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 02:20 PM

Report Abusive Post
I think of the sermon of Christ describing the Kingdom of God and it's being at hand.... perhaps a vision in our mind actualized into reality of the present!

Where I now live in the country folks help each other so much! I've had multiple people help me set up electrical for what was a homestead in a virgin forest, plumbing help, gardening and animal advice, etc etc.

So many people have blessed us in the country so much it's almost overwhelming... we left the city on faith... let the house go back to the banksters (a section 8 welfare home rendered mine unmarketable due to the blight created a few doors down)

Folks operate on a barter or "pay if forward" karma system if you will.... love keeps no account with so many I live near and I want to make sure I'm not taking advantage to helping neighbors... you can't imagine trying to give stuff back as compensation to helping hands that just blessed me that refuse it.... tis better to give than to receive.

Have faith though... if God is calling you out of the city in decay (babylon) make the move today! Don't wait! Time is growing too short!

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 02:26 PM

Report Abusive Post
BTW... I encourage those in the US to have a local sheriff that SHARES YOUR VISION on issues of segregation of authority.

As much as I love the constitution don't count on it being followed. Get involved politically at the local level and find a sheriff that will tell folks coming in under pretenses of greater authority to pound sand or get lost in His jurisdiction.

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 02:32 PM

Report Abusive Post
There are no "lone ranger" heroes stockpiling or prepping enought to hunker down in the bunker for years in my immediate vicinity... what we do have is a loose knit Christian community that fellowships and meets weekly and monthly helping one another, sharing and blessing.

No massive building fund edifice to support one leader's legacy and ego... (we meet different places week to week) 501C-3 paper work BS to worry about... no tax forms and names to fill out... no gobs and gobs of money going out of the community or making folks feel guilty 'cause they aren't giving enough....

Just a Christian brotherhood of love, hugs and support. Commmunity folks... let that be your vision for what lies ahead.... not dependency upon a government entity but dependence upon one another.

Last Edited by ChivalryKnight on 08/10/2012 02:33 PM

Anonymous Coward
United States
08/10/2012 02:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think of the sermon of Christ describing the Kingdom of God and it's being at hand.... perhaps a vision in our mind actualized into reality of the present!

Where I now live in the country folks help each other so much! I've had multiple people help me set up electrical for what was a homestead in a virgin forest, plumbing help, gardening and animal advice, etc etc.

So many people have blessed us in the country so much it's almost overwhelming... we left the city on faith... let the house go back to the banksters (a section 8 welfare home rendered mine unmarketable due to the blight created a few doors down)

Folks operate on a barter or "pay if forward" karma system if you will.... love keeps no account with so many I live near and I want to make sure I'm not taking advantage to helping neighbors... you can't imagine trying to give stuff back as compensation to helping hands that just blessed me that refuse it.... tis better to give than to receive.

Have faith though... if God is calling you out of the city in decay (babylon) make the move today! Don't wait! Time is growing too short!

time is always growing short it seems....

pay it foward is good, except that is it isn't paid back, so-to-speak, then those in the future will bare the burden of those in the past....

finding the proper balance of the two is hard....

and the internet throws an entirely different perspective on things as well....
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/10/2012 02:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
i know God has put me exactly where i am supposed to be....

it is my unending faith in God, as God's servant, that keeps me going....
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 02:45 PM

Report Abusive Post
i know God has put me exactly where i am supposed to be....

it is my unending faith in God, as God's servant, that keeps me going....
 Quoting: Sugarelf

Right on.... if God wants you in the city he can protect you there as well... but perhaps my vision is for helping many come out of cities I believe are likely marked for judgement.... ie. innocent blood on their soil that may be vomiting up the inhabitants from the earth.

Forgive me if I spoke dogmatically that there was no alternative to leaving the city, but I suppose I am calling out the "Lot" company and their families (Lot and wife and daughters left Sodom and Gomorrah)

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 02:46 PM

Report Abusive Post
I have learned to transcend doctrinal differences in fellowship with many... yes I have essentials such as the divinity of Christ, his death and sacrifice and atonement, but love has bridged other less consequential matters.

Anonymous Coward
United States
08/10/2012 02:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
BTW... I encourage those in the US to have a local sheriff that SHARES YOUR VISION on issues of segregation of authority.

i depend on such a notion....

with the 21st century and the level of technology where it is at, i depend on knowing that many authorities, not just the local ones, share the vision that i have a part of....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8264381
United States
08/10/2012 03:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Revelation 18:4 "And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues."

2 Corinthians 6:17 "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."

I commute over 100 miles every day to make our country vision a reality. It has not been easy.... I have often been tired, alone, driving older cars with high mileage on them but God has held them together and the blessings I have received since leaving the city have been without measure.

I suppose I have an unction to get this word out for those GLP'ers still in the valley of decision. The welfare foodstamp section 8 crowd literally took over much of our neighborhood in the city.... theft, dumping, squalor, crime, squatters (empty unsold houses)

C'mon, you can say it... Jesus won't strike you down... b...b...bl...bla....blac....blacks...

h....hi....his...hisp...hispanics.

there, that wasn't so bad, now was it?
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 03:21 PM

Report Abusive Post

C'mon, you can say it... Jesus won't strike you down... b...b...bl...bla....blac....blacks...

h....hi....his...hisp...hispanics.

there, that wasn't so bad, now was it?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8264381

Nice try at the race card dude... have had black friends eat dinner in my house... my first best friend in school was from Cuba (dad was a political prisoner from what I recall).... you make your own inference.... Christ is the Ark and if I recall the story all flesh (races) were brought on the Ark (Noah's ark symbolic of Christ)! Do people do better with their own kind? Generally yes.... birds of a feather naturally flock together.... when you see the racial tension I saw (had bricks and rocks thrown at me by blacks just because I was on their turf) you might figure it out.... no more feeding the troll....done with all that.

Last Edited by ChivalryKnight on 08/10/2012 03:38 PM

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 03:34 PM

Report Abusive Post
We have Amish, Mennonite, Mormon, Christian and many other varieties in our neck of the woods. As many people mock and poke fun at the Amish... even after a solar flare, power grid collapse and social unrest.... they will still get up and milk the cow (blessed raw milk that is!) and go on about their chores and routine.... really makes you ponder the verse.... "The meek shall inherit the earth".... these just might be folks we want to emulate.

It's reassuring to see their industry in their gardens and livestock... a well fed neighbor is a good neighbor.

Last Edited by ChivalryKnight on 08/10/2012 03:40 PM

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 03:43 PM

Report Abusive Post
Community could be likened to the concept of the body of Christ.... some are the hands, some the eyes, some the feet.

Community has specialized functions or giftings and callings.

I have several older men that are awesome at welding. We've been able to make custom garden tools, redo trailers, even make custom playground sets for families.

Others in the community know electrical, home birthing midwifery, herbalistic and homeopathic, etc.

Anonymous Coward
United States
08/10/2012 03:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
We have Amish, Mennonite, Mormon, Christian and many other varieties in our neck of the woods. As many people mock and poke fun at the Amish... even after a solar flare, power grid collapse and social unrest.... they will still get up and milk the cow (blessed raw milk that is!) and go on about their chores and routine.... really makes you ponder the verse.... "The meek shall inherit the earth".... these just might be folks we want to emulate.

It's reassuring to see their industry in their gardens and livestock... a well fed neighbor is a good neighbor.

yes !!

is very comforting knowing every breath of their lives is admired....

i consider a notion that every breath i take and every thought i make is viewed by others....protection
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/10/2012 03:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Community could be likened to the concept of the body of Christ.... some are the hands, some the eyes, some the feet.

yes, yes indeed....
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 03:57 PM

Report Abusive Post
I enjoyed watching the movie Brother Sun Sister Moon on St. Francis of Assisi.

[link to www.youtube.com]

Fits the coming out of Babylon model quite well....even for some 800 years ago! Sad thing is the church tried to compartmentalize the movement of the overcomers and turn them back into their own "order" or private army workforce and be served of them. (Franciscans take a vow of poverty)

Last Edited by ChivalryKnight on 08/10/2012 04:06 PM

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 04:05 PM

Report Abusive Post
I think the "rapture" doctrine escapist mentality has been one of the greatest challenges to the church. It is embraced by many people I love and respect.

Personally I think we've lost the calling Christ gave us.... to occupy until He returns.

We are in a babylonian captivity of sorts.... we are told in Jeremiah 29:5 "Build ye houses, and dwell in them; and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them; ... Build ye houses, and abide; and plant ye gardens, and eat their fruit"

Sounds like "prepping" has been going on for thousands of years! ;-)

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 04:11 PM

Report Abusive Post
Isaiah 5:8 Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there be no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth.

I've lived in condos and apartments... I know the spiritual filth of shared energy in these buildings. The vibe of the hive can be quite oppressive.

[link to blogs.crikey.com.au]

There are actually diseases and health effects manifesting from high rise structures.

I have been sleeping grounded with a semi-metallic bed sheet to a earth ground rod.... and can tell you the sleep difference is awesome as are the healing effects from body inflammation seem to be much relieved that I previously suffered prior to grounding.

Last Edited by ChivalryKnight on 08/10/2012 04:16 PM

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 04:24 PM

Report Abusive Post
The rural vision I seek to impart is decentralized.... not your "Mad Max" or Kevin Costner "Postman" movie gated and walled compound style.

It is one of great commerce and trade as well as barter... in fact much of my local economy conducts business in barter.

We have discussed creating alternatives to the dollar on an established medium of value...

Old silver dollars still move about freely (Morgans from 1878-1904 and 1921 and Peace Dollars 1922-35 for the most part)

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 04:29 PM

Report Abusive Post
Much of the glue and fabric that weaves our community together is that of trust.

I would say that to someone new coming into our fellowship there might appear to be reluctance towards outsiders at first but the fact is that when one shows oneself honorable over time, God will reveal a network of sufficiency and safety nets far beyond what you ever imagined possible.... in fact you will start to see Christ operating in your brothers and sisters.

So much of it is in the giving without measure or account.

The Moody Blues even have a song or poem to that effect.

GLP