Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,264 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 730,959
Pageviews Today: 1,199,039Threads Today: 478Posts Today: 8,083
12:20 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Thoughts on creating a RURAL COMMUNITY vision, Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish"

ChivalryKnight  (OP)
The "lost" tribes of Israel=Europe!

User ID: 10776423
United States
08/10/2012 04:33 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Thoughts on creating a RURAL COMMUNITY vision, Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish"
[link to www.youtube.com]

OK... this is sort of a hippie throwback for my brothers and sisters in Christ. Some Barry McGuire "Chosen Generation" spoken straight out of scripture "You are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a Holy nation"

Thus the need to be set apart friends and come out from the chaotic and scrambled energy of Babylon. If you don't know how to turn the TV off and build relationships this may not be for you.

I've really pushed aside my codependency on affirmation on Facebook... same old clicks in HS and College still abounding... I realized my best friendships are in the community and redneck friends out in the sticks that give a hug and a handshake in person!

Last Edited by ChivalryKnight on 08/10/2012 05:41 PM
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Jefferson

Laughter is health to the bones so just do it!
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 04:41 PM

Report Abusive Post
Re: Thoughts on creating a RURAL COMMUNITY vision, Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish"
bump

Can I get a witness? Can I get an Amen? Or best of all tell me generally about your community experience and vision... where we have overlap and commonality and differences as well.

Last Edited by ChivalryKnight on 08/10/2012 04:48 PM
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Jefferson

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20606318
United States
08/10/2012 05:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump

Can I get a witness? Can I get an Amen? Or best of all tell me generally about your community experience and vision... where we have overlap and commonality and differences as well.
 Quoting: ChivalryKnight

amen....

these levels of conciousness puts one, well-- right where i am suppossed to be
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/10/2012 05:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

yes....

such notions have been strong lately, and i have been prepairing for them
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 05:39 PM

Report Abusive Post
Another recommendation to knit a community together is communication links. Radio operations are essential... everything from walky talkies to ham radios to cell phones and having rendezvous points established for certain contingencies.

Anonymous Coward
United States
08/10/2012 05:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump

my vision begins with language, and finding common ground....

the 21st century has led our lives to be an 'open' book....as well as quick access for understanding history....

and finding the true nature of souls....
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 05:43 PM

Report Abusive Post
bump

the 21st century has led our lives to be an 'open' book....as well as quick access for understanding history....

Quoting: Sugarelf

Souls have a way of revealing themselves over time.... understanding history is crucial as being grounded in history gives one a vision for the future.

I carry a coin from Roman times in my wallet to ground back to that history so to speak.... as well as colonial era coins... great conversation pieces as well....

Anonymous Coward
United States
08/10/2012 05:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Another recommendation to knit a community together is communication links. Radio operations are essential... everything from walky talkies to ham radios to cell phones and having rendezvous points established for certain contingencies.

yes--

honor-- no violence of any kind -- i am speaking of me

i am ready
pray withour ceasing
User ID: 1838033
Ireland
08/10/2012 05:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
I Thessalonians 5:17 tells us to "Pray without ceasing."

As I have grown older in body but renewed in spirit this has rung more and more true.... spontaneously on nature hikes dropping to my hands and knees (grounding if you will) to more of the source or praying throughout the day.

very inspiring . thank you .
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 05:49 PM

Report Abusive Post
[link to www.youtube.com]

Even Paul McCartney sings about the blessings of the Heart of the Country.... I think he sort of rode the shirt tails of the hippie movement 40+ years ago...

I loved seeing Linda and Him together some 19 years ago... they had a sheep farm in the country. Nothing like a spiritual retreat....

Anonymous Coward
United States
08/10/2012 05:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump

Quoting: Sugarelf

Souls have a way of revealing themselves over time.... understanding history is crucial as being grounded in history gives one a vision for the future.

I carry a coin from Roman times in my wallet to ground back to that history so to speak.... as well as colonial era coins... great conversation pieces as well....

yes-- yes indeed

been all about the internet....me

this i know
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/10/2012 05:55 PM

Report Abusive Post
I Thessalonians 5:17 tells us to "Pray without ceasing."

As I have grown older in body but renewed in spirit this has rung more and more true.... spontaneously on nature hikes dropping to my hands and knees (grounding if you will) to more of the source or praying throughout the day.

very inspiring . thank you .
 Quoting: pray withour ceasing 1838033

I made it to Ireland for my first time last year and saw the "Glenda Lough" monastic settlement from about 6th century with the Norman era tower. I was floored to hear the tour guide tell us that the Irish monastic community included.... MARRIED HUSBANDS AND WIVES!!!!

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

No offense to my Catholic friends... but I guess once Rome dominated Ireland about 8th century with the incense, fancy vestures and "bells and whistles" married clergy was verboten.

Last Edited by ChivalryKnight on 08/10/2012 05:58 PM

ac
User ID: 21699238
United States
08/10/2012 10:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
A+ for effort Chivalry! Christ is the door and trust is the key. I hope you continue to help wake up people on the forum that God wants to receive this hope and vision. There is enough bleak perspective on GLP. Sorry someone trolled you.
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/13/2012 09:47 AM

Report Abusive Post
Achieving effiency is something to seek after in your community.... I run a delivery route of raw milk with pick up from one large producer and help distribute to other consumers on my way home from work.

As we say... never waste a trip coming or going.... gas and time are both valuable commodities.

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/13/2012 09:53 AM

Report Abusive Post
I encourage thought about how your family, community or group is projecting itself to the greater civil and social order.

I have taken my family to the State veterans home to volunteer time and other family members have made extensive volunteer efforts in the community.

One family member is a "first responder" to emergencies of all sorts... listening to the police radio band will provide extensive knowledge of the vibe and what is going on in a given locality.

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/13/2012 10:03 AM

Report Abusive Post
Patronizing your own is ideal whenever possible.

One community I was aware of it was said a dollar circulated over a dozen times before leaving the community.

So.... the barber cuts all the hair, buys local produce from community members, the mechanic fixes their cars, and we have an awesome mechanic!!!

Barter is also a great way to keep value and resources within the community as cash has been tight for all of us as of late.

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/13/2012 10:09 AM

Report Abusive Post
Sharing machinery and resources is also a key.... One member has hay cutting and baling equipment that helps everone... you have the community also pitching in to retrieve and put up hay in the barn. The drought has been quite devastating at present and hay prices have virtually doubled.

It's pretty haunting to see so much of the animal herds culled off and slaughtered and vacant empty pastures where I once saw them grazing.

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/13/2012 10:11 AM

Report Abusive Post
Keeping chickens and a hen house should be a must for everyone. The great depression of the 1930's was an era when many had chickens (protein source)

Again.... being outside the city is self preservation here.

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/13/2012 10:20 AM

Report Abusive Post
Food coops are awesome for saving money and getting good organic food in bulk at a reasonable price.

I am a "runner" for organic coop orders with Azure Standard, picking up at the arranged drop point and delivering orders to friends and family in my rural locality.

If you are going to stay out of the Food Stamp trap coops are a way to go for non-processed natural foods.

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/13/2012 10:25 AM

Report Abusive Post
Garden tools should be more important than a new car or fancy wardrobe.

I have had many shovels custom welded for strenth with thin wall galvanized tube metal handles (wont rust anytime soon)and leave these out at the garden patch.

Working the earth was the first commission given when Adam left "The Garden" and should be no different for the remnant today. There is redemption in the sweat of the brow.

grasptheuniverse

User ID: 21866496
Australia
08/13/2012 10:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
great insights thank you i am going to try some of that placement of pictures etc
caz
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/13/2012 10:45 AM

Report Abusive Post
great insights thank you i am going to try some of that placement of pictures etc
 Quoting: grasptheuniverse

Actualizing your vision (the heavenly... vision of your mind) requires action and binding it in the physical realm. I've been blessed to do so.

Vision Thing

User ID: 21063079
United States
08/13/2012 10:50 AM

Report Abusive Post
I think of the sermon of Christ describing the Kingdom of God and it's being at hand.... perhaps a vision in our mind actualized into reality of the present!

Where I now live in the country folks help each other so much! I've had multiple people help me set up electrical for what was a homestead in a virgin forest, plumbing help, gardening and animal advice, etc etc.

So many people have blessed us in the country so much it's almost overwhelming... we left the city on faith... let the house go back to the banksters (a section 8 welfare home rendered mine unmarketable due to the blight created a few doors down)

Folks operate on a barter or "pay if forward" karma system if you will.... love keeps no account with so many I live near and I want to make sure I'm not taking advantage to helping neighbors... you can't imagine trying to give stuff back as compensation to helping hands that just blessed me that refuse it.... tis better to give than to receive.

Have faith though... if God is calling you out of the city in decay (babylon) make the move today! Don't wait! Time is growing too short!

This is nice, and your feng shui stories are great, thanks for posting, glad you made it out. I moved to a much smaller city a decade ago and never looked back. rose
Vision Thing

User ID: 21063079
United States
08/13/2012 11:02 AM

Report Abusive Post
Good thread OP.
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/13/2012 11:04 AM

Report Abusive Post
Visiting your local metal or even county salvage yard can be invaluable. I have purchased tons of sheet metal that was used but in excellent condition before it was crushed for salvage.

Obviously it is helpful if you are in a rural enough county not to get bogged down with building permits and inspection codes on putting up a simple chicken coop or outbuilding. I would humbly suggest too many code requirements might suggest a more remote setting is to your advantage.

I have volunteered with Habitat for Humanity but also donated and purchased substantial materials from their stores. Craigslist is an awesome local network as well. If you are under the burden of mortgage in a neighborhood going down the tubes as mine did have faith with these resources. I've had so many people on craigslist even barter or bless me with material.

Last Edited by ChivalryKnight on 08/13/2012 11:51 AM

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/13/2012 01:57 PM

Report Abusive Post
A central aspect to encourage is that of reducing or eliminating dependence on social media to relate to others. I use it for communications.... but hugs and handshakes are where it's at with cultivating relationships with other kindred souls.

Holy communion and breaking bread are like the cell walls that also bind community together.... early church model of Acts... excepting we don't have all things in common at this point in time.

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
08/16/2012 04:05 PM

Report Abusive Post
The kingdom age coming to the earth (1000 years of rest, binding up of evil) still seems to speak of parallel societies that exist in tandem on the earth well into the future.... Christian community and those who live outside the walls and gates New Jerusalem.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Again, trust is critical to cementing a community. A common basis of law... (commandments) and their observance will also provide the moral code.

Last Edited by ChivalryKnight on 08/17/2012 09:12 AM

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
12/14/2012 03:29 PM

Report Abusive Post
Thread: Newborn Seized Because Mom Questioned Necessity of Vaccination

I read the story about the baby stolen from her mother for not vaccinating and felt led to repost this for the urgency of the hour and time in which we are living for those being called out of Babylon. I pray you find inspiration to leave your Egypt/Babylon behind you and trust God through your desert to your promised land or wilderness of refuge.

Last Edited by ChivalryKnight on 12/14/2012 03:30 PM

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27972246
United States
12/14/2012 03:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Keeping chickens and a hen house should be a must for everyone. The great depression of the 1930's was an era when many had chickens (protein source)

Again.... being outside the city is self preservation here.

Not when the TaxMan and the Sherrif's doing the bidding of the Bankers, come into play.

Face it, you only have a better chance of self-preservation, not an absolute effect.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27972246
United States
12/14/2012 03:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
The kingdom age coming to the earth (1000 years of rest, binding up of evil) still seems to speak of parallel societies that exist in tandem on the earth well into the future.... Christian community and those who live outside the walls and gates New Jerusalem.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Again, trust is critical to cementing a community. A common basis of law... (commandments) and their observance will also provide the moral code.

Well said, Elmer Gantry.

GLP