Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,666 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 141,656
Pageviews Today: 241,449Threads Today: 78Posts Today: 1,477
03:09 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Thoughts on creating a RURAL COMMUNITY vision, Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish"

ChivalryKnight  (OP)
The "lost" tribes of Israel=Europe!

User ID: 10776423
United States
12/14/2012 04:42 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Thoughts on creating a RURAL COMMUNITY vision, Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish"
The kingdom age coming to the earth (1000 years of rest, binding up of evil) still seems to speak of parallel societies that exist in tandem on the earth well into the future.... Christian community and those who live outside the walls and gates New Jerusalem.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Again, trust is critical to cementing a community. A common basis of law... (commandments) and their observance will also provide the moral code.
 Quoting: ChivalryKnight

Well said, Elmer Gantry.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27972246

I'm not selling a denomination of religion. I am encouraging a vision. Don't think Elmer merits a comparison.
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Jefferson

Laughter is health to the bones so just do it!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7554855
Canada
12/14/2012 05:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Thoughts on creating a RURAL COMMUNITY vision, Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish"
I have learned to transcend doctrinal differences in fellowship with many... yes I have essentials such as the divinity of Christ, his death and sacrifice and atonement, but love has bridged other less consequential matters.

Indeed you are blessed & gifted to be able to transend the mundane. This is so important, especially when trying to live in a new community with others, who may not share the exact beliefs as you.

Your story is heart-warming to me. This is a dream I have for myself.....but alas as a woman alone.....not possible.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14392840
United States
12/14/2012 05:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good Job Chivalry !

BTW. My website seems a bit energy blocked and slow, I cant identify the problem

Any suggestions you have for website design tips?

[link to newworldilluminists.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7554855
Canada
12/14/2012 06:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
I encourage thought about how your family, community or group is projecting itself to the greater civil and social order.

I have taken my family to the State veterans home to volunteer time and other family members have made extensive volunteer efforts in the community.

One family member is a "first responder" to emergencies of all sorts... listening to the police radio band will provide extensive knowledge of the vibe and what is going on in a given locality.

Was it difficult to convince your children to move to the country with you?

How did you discover the community you moved to? Why did you choose that particuar one.

Thank you for sharing about your community. I find it inspiring & beautiful at the same time.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25078444
United States
12/14/2012 07:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Revelation 18:4 "And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues."

2 Corinthians 6:17 "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."

I commute over 100 miles every day to make our country vision a reality. It has not been easy.... I have often been tired, alone, driving older cars with high mileage on them but God has held them together and the blessings I have received since leaving the city have been without measure.

I suppose I have an unction to get this word out for those GLP'ers still in the valley of decision. The welfare foodstamp section 8 crowd literally took over much of our neighborhood in the city.... theft, dumping, squalor, crime, squatters (empty unsold houses)

All the warning signs of Babylon's collapse are out there.... anyone hearing the call to come out?

Great post. We can't live like the world as believers in Christ. Come out of the world and out of sin in Jesus Christ's name.
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
12/17/2012 09:24 AM

Report Abusive Post
Good Job Chivalry !

BTW. My website seems a bit energy blocked and slow, I cant identify the problem

Any suggestions you have for website design tips?

[link to newworldilluminists.com]
 Quoting: ELNATHAN APOLLYON

Apollo... I,m not a technical web design expert.... perhaps my children are. I'm trying to do gardening and fruit orchards....

Thanks and best of luck on your website.
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Jefferson

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30136158
United States
12/17/2012 09:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
where do you shop
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
12/17/2012 11:35 AM

Report Abusive Post
where do you shop
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30136158

I still shop at some grocery stores (regrettably even Wal Mart... I guess someone's got to help China to keep the whole debt shell game afloat LOL)

We have a huge barter economy that will likely flourish as the dollar and social order rots or collapses. Barter could be anything for anything.... Craigs list has been a freaking awesome local economy engine as well.

We also grow what we need... be it on the tree or on the hoof or out of the garden.... heirloom seeds all the way!!!

Last Edited by ChivalryKnight on 12/17/2012 11:40 AM

ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
12/17/2012 11:41 AM

Report Abusive Post
I think what helps with the gardening is we don't live anywhere near any huge corporate farms where their GMO Frankencrops can cross pollinate.

Our terrain is hilly which makes it difficult for a mega corporation to get the CRP Christmas tree of checks from the Feds and dump all their nitrate poison fertilizers into the water table.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30144950
United States
12/17/2012 12:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
where do you shop
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30136158

I still shop at some grocery stores (regrettably even Wal Mart... I guess someone's got to help China to keep the whole debt shell game afloat LOL)

We have a huge barter economy that will likely flourish as the dollar and social order rots or collapses. Barter could be anything for anything.... Craigs list has been a freaking awesome local economy engine as well.

We also grow what we need... be it on the tree or on the hoof or out of the garden.... heirloom seeds all the way!!!

I didn't mean that

clearly your all set

thats like the nicest shirt I have seem

is it silk

I believe that regienal trade offices will spring up again

that would be a place that you take your exsess stuff and get what ever you need

land ownership could result in a natual collectiveism in witch all resources are exported in turn becoming relient on imports

this cycle must not continue

I got the hole new world law all worked out
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

User ID: 70382280
United States
05/14/2018 09:55 AM

Report Abusive Post
Having renewed my membership it is my hope to revive this discussion topic as time permits.

God bless and hug your neighbor.

Vision Thing

User ID: 76008581
United States
05/14/2018 10:15 AM

Report Abusive Post
The rural vision I seek to impart is decentralized.... not your "Mad Max" or Kevin Costner "Postman" movie gated and walled compound style.

It is one of great commerce and trade as well as barter... in fact much of my local economy conducts business in barter.

We have discussed creating alternatives to the dollar on an established medium of value...

Old silver dollars still move about freely (Morgans from 1878-1904 and 1921 and Peace Dollars 1922-35 for the most part)

Cool old thread, haven't seen where it was bumped yet but wanted to say that sounds interesting that a group of people could use old silver money between them (and not put it in the bank). I like that idea.
Vision Thing

United States
05/14/2018 10:25 AM

Report Abusive Post
Having renewed my membership it is my hope to revive this discussion topic as time permits.

Have you been able to stop your long commute?

Great to see a follow up post 6 years after the original!

Would love to hear about how things are going, improvements you've been able to make on your property, etc.
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
05/14/2018 11:06 AM

Report Abusive Post

Have you been able to stop your long commute?

Great to see a follow up post 6 years after the original!

Would love to hear about how things are going, improvements you've been able to make on your property, etc.
 Quoting: Vision Thing

I am still commuting.
We are more connected to community than ever.
My real sense of urgency is much greater than 6 years prior but I also realize that God is in control.
The evil in the earth seems greater and the stuck energy begging for a cleanse seems magnified. All nature and creation seems to be groaning in the spirit.... (perhaps for the manifestation of the sons of God)

I think so many of us have been on the metaphorical treadmill for so long... I have not slowed down to fast, meditate, pray, take a nature walk as much as I want.... I feel like a system reset as painful as that may be for all of us will also help us to realign to the changes and harmonize when that reset comes.

I am burning stuff on the bonfire pile that I don't need... books, furniture and trying to purge and cast off.

I have let go of Facebook and social media for the most part. Our young adults are in relationships and more independent and out of the house and I am letting go and committing them to God and the angelic host of protection as well. I have to given my age and limitations.....

Hope that helps.

Vision Thing

United States
05/14/2018 09:18 PM

Report Abusive Post
What general area of the country are you in?
ChivalryKnight  (OP)

United States
05/15/2018 09:16 AM

Report Abusive Post
What general area of the country are you in?
 Quoting: Vision Thing

Midwest. God's country. Men are men for the most part and women are women.

Small towns somewhat forgotten scattered about with Social Security recipients still surviving that don't get their toxic flu and zombie shots and want to live another year to hold their grandchildren.

Wherever the Amish are that is a good barometer of survivability, but also look at wild game.

We live in proximity to a conservation area and hundreds of acres with deer running about in abundance.

The downside is I've hit so many I keep extra car hoods and headlight assemblies ready....but they are good eating.

GLP