Pray the rosary!

Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 21755869
Brazil
08/12/2012 08:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Pray the rosary!

She was not a normal woman. Show me a woman who can stand at the foot of the cross where her son is being crucified, and still have faith.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21755869

Come on dude. How do you not see this as idol worship. She is flesh plain and simple. With out god gifting her with that faith she would have been sulking like the rest of the disciples.
 Quoting: Stanfiem

cmon can't you see that is insulting talking about the woman who bore our savior that way?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13864401

Lets put it this way If I was female and had a child that was from God, and then I later found out the instead of praying to God THROUGH JESUS people were praying to god THROUGH ME I would be VERY UPSET. It is not an insult to christ...It is realizing that the flesh and blood that someone walks around in is just that flesh and blood. I worship GOD through the spirit that was inside her and inside of me plain and simple.

It is ONLY through the holy spirit that she was able to be part of the birth of Jesus. That spirit that you pray to is also inside of you...so stop praying to her and pray to the father through Jesus.

God could have come to the world by any means. He chose Mary. We catholics believe that God still choses her to make His son be born on our hearts.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13864401
United States
08/12/2012 08:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

She was not a normal woman. Show me a woman who can stand at the foot of the cross where her son is being crucified, and still have faith.

Come on dude. How do you not see this as idol worship. She is flesh plain and simple. With out god gifting her with that faith she would have been sulking like the rest of the disciples.

cmon can't you see that is insulting talking about the woman who bore our savior that way?

Lets put it this way If I was female and had a child that was from God, and then I later found out the instead of praying to God THROUGH JESUS people were praying to god THROUGH ME I would be VERY UPSET. It is not an insult to christ...It is realizing that the flesh and blood that someone walks around in is just that flesh and blood. I worship GOD through the spirit that was inside her and inside of me plain and simple.

It is ONLY through the holy spirit that she was able to be part of the birth of Jesus. That spirit that you pray to is also inside of you...so stop praying to her and pray to the father through Jesus.

So you've never asked anyone to pray for you?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21802800
Spain
08/12/2012 09:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

She is His Mother..not just any ordinary woman..As Catholics we believe She intercedes on our behalf and in Christs name.
Stanfiem

User ID: 21806188
United States
08/12/2012 09:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

No I have never asked a dead person (not saying she is spiritually dead just her flesh no longer exists) to pray for me and talk to Jesus for me because I can do it myself. That is the point; you do not need mary to intercede for you.

Last Edited by Stanfiem on 08/12/2012 09:04 PM
Stanfiem
Stanfiem

United States
08/12/2012 09:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

Last Edited by Stanfiem on 08/12/2012 09:04 PM
Stanfiem
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/12/2012 09:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

No I have never asked a dead person (not saying she is spiritually dead just her flesh no longer exists) to pray for me and talk to Jesus for me because I can do it myself. That is the point; you do not need mary to intercede for you.

But you have people living praying for you? huh..... I think I would rather have my intercessory prayer going through his mother...just sayin...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13218086
Canada
08/12/2012 09:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
pray 150 times Hail full of grace God is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst sinners and blessed is the fruit of thy womb. Our Lady Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. That is the oldest version of the Ave prayer to Our Lady and that is the oldest method of the rosary before it was touched by any men. We believe that each ave said releases 50 souls from a jewish freemason and sends that jewish freemason to the pit of hell forever unable to own any other soul and oh yeah theres like a ton of other cool perks too
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/12/2012 09:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

True you and I can do it ourselves. It is nice having an intecessor being his mother praying for us as well...
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Brazil
08/12/2012 09:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

What if God intended to have an intercessor between Him and us? It can lead to arrogance to have a direct line of contact with God.
Stanfiem

United States
08/12/2012 09:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

But you have people living praying for you? huh..... I think I would rather have my intercessory prayer going through his mother...just sayin...

Actually no, I do not. You said it yourself...GOING THROUGH HIS MOTHER. Why would a prayer going through a human in heaven be any more effective than say a prayer going through the holy spirit that lives inside of you?
Stanfiem
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/12/2012 09:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

well why do you have living people praying for you if you can go directly???
Dr_Kynes
User ID: 18422018
United States
Report Abusive Post
You know how you can know a religion is false ?

It tries to: condemn everyone who doesn't beleive as they do
or

incorporate all things from a hodgepodge of religions and say they are "all true"

The Catholic church does both:

Condemns protestants like Luther,Calvin, etc and burns them at the stake or other such tortures to death

Or they incorporate all other religions:

How can a budhist, hindu, shintu, vodooist, animist, muslim, and jew all be caltholics. That is insane just as much as the catholic's persecution of protestants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can't have 1+1 = 2 and 1+1=3 It's confusion

Hail Mary's is just another confusion by a confused devil religion like catholicism. The bible honors mary but in no way says we are to pray to her.

Also....Jesus had brothers after the flesh and sisters. Mary had 8 children with her husband Joseph. This perpetual viginity of mary doctrine is Non-sense. Mary was just another human like you or me.....she was just a chosen vessel to carry the flesh of Jesus to term and raise him until he was "about His Father's work".
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post

Actually no, I do not. You said it yourself...GOING THROUGH HIS MOTHER. Why would a prayer going through a human in heaven be any more effective than say a prayer going through the holy spirit that lives inside of you?

so you have never had anyone pray for you?????
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Brazil
08/12/2012 09:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

Maybe because she has even more of that Spirit than you or me.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/12/2012 09:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

or

incorporate all things from a hodgepodge of religions and say they are "all true"

Condemns protestants like Luther,Calvin, etc and burns them at the stake or other such tortures to death

How can a budhist, hindu, shintu, vodooist, animist, muslim, and jew all be caltholics. That is insane just as much as the catholic's persecution of protestants.

Hail Mary's is just another confusion by a confused devil religion like catholicism. The bible honors mary but in no way says we are to pray to her.

Also....Jesus had brothers after the flesh and sisters. Mary had 8 children with her husband Joseph. This perpetual viginity of mary doctrine is Non-sense. Mary was just another human like you or me.....she was just a chosen vessel to carry the flesh of Jesus to term and raise him until he was "about His Father's work".
 Quoting: Dr_Kynes 18422018

Gee.. If you want to talk about history, why is the RCC that was the only Christian church to stand up against slavery in this country??
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21828624
Ireland
08/12/2012 09:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
John 2:1-5
And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come. His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Brazil
08/12/2012 09:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

or

Quoting: Dr_Kynes 18422018

I didn't understand the argument.

But about the 'brothers', those were most likely His cousins. They and their parents are named in scripture and Mary is not their mother.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21414916
United States
08/12/2012 09:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just another form of meditation. I still have my Scapula from when I was a little kid.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/12/2012 09:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come. His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21828624

If you are trying to say somehow that his comment was in some way offensive to her, you have no idea what you are talking about. First off in the Middle East even today, they refer to Woman in this same manner... It his not at all offensive. And the fact that Mary told the servants to do whatever he tells you proves her faith.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Brazil
08/12/2012 09:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just another form of meditation. I still have my Scapula from when I was a little kid.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21414916

I practiced meditation, and for me it was nowhere near the joy the rosary gives me. I'll tell you, it is something else!
Stanfiem

United States
08/12/2012 09:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

What if God intended to have an intercessor between Him and us? It can lead to arrogance to have a direct line of contact with God.

Only if you view that direct line as something of your own doing. I know that the spirit inside of me tells me what to pray when to pray and how to pray. Therefore it no longer becomes me that is doing the praying but the spirit inside of me. Therefore all boasting is moot when you realize that it was never you in the first place. I KNOW that with out his spirit I am useless.
Stanfiem
Anonymous Coward
Spain
08/12/2012 09:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

If you are trying to say somehow that his comment was in some way offensive to her, you have no idea what you are talking about. First off in the Middle East even today, they refer to Woman in this same manner... It his not at all offensive. And the fact that Mary told the servants to do whatever he tells you proves her faith.

And if that isnt proof of Her power of intercession

a.It wasnt His time yet to commence His Path..as in doing miracles etc.. and so obtaining renown and a following

b.What Mary asked Him for was rather a very mundane request..for more wine for the wedding

c.Despite all the above HE STILL did the miracle..why ..BECAUSE THE BLESSED MOTHER ASKED HIM TO

So we have there the tangible proof of the Power of Her intercession

and if Christ listened to her regarding such a matter as turning water into wine one can assume even more so on matters of more importance
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21699417
United Kingdom
08/12/2012 09:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
It is the best remedy to any problem!

I must give props OP! Praying the rosary is very powerful!

I pray once or twice every day! It changed my life!

Padre Pio called the Rosary beads a weapon of extraordinary power against Satan.

One day a colleague of mine heard the devil say during an exorcism: "Every Hail Mary is like a blow on my head. If Christians knew how powerful the Rosary was, it would be my end." "Love the Madonna and pray the rosary, for her Rosary is the weapon against the evils of the world today."

"The Rosary is the weapon of defense and salvation."

"The Rosary is the weapon given us by Mary to use against the tricks of the infernal enemy."

'Mary has recommended the Rosary at Lourdes and Fatima because of it's exceptional value for us and our times."
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/12/2012 09:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

a.It wasnt His time yet to commence His Path..as in doing miracles etc.. and so obtaining renown and a following

b.What Mary asked Him for was rather a very mundane request..for more wine for the wedding

c.Despite all the above HE STILL did the miracle..why ..BECAUSE THE BLESSED MOTHER ASKED HIM TO

and if Christ listened to her regarding such a matter as turning water into wine one can assume even more so on matters of more importance
 Quoting: wildhoney

Great Point! Remember this was a powerful intercessing too, it meant that if he preformed this miracle, his time would have come.. Meaning his timeline and countdown would begin.. He did because of his immence love for her!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Brazil
08/12/2012 09:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

Only if you view that direct line as something of your own doing. I know that the spirit inside of me tells me what to pray when to pray and how to pray. Therefore it no longer becomes me that is doing the praying but the spirit inside of me. Therefore all boasting is moot when you realize that it was never you in the first place. I KNOW that with out his spirit I am useless.

According to some apparitions of Jesus (google immaculee ilibagiza) Jesus listens to all the prayers, from catholics and also from every person of good-will, because Mary takes them to Him. So we believe that you have her interceding on your behalf anyway, even if you despise her.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/12/2012 09:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
It is the best remedy to any problem!

I must give props OP! Praying the rosary is very powerful!

I pray once or twice every day! It changed my life!

Padre Pio called the Rosary beads a weapon of extraordinary power against Satan.

One day a colleague of mine heard the devil say during an exorcism: "Every Hail Mary is like a blow on my head. If Christians knew how powerful the Rosary was, it would be my end." "Love the Madonna and pray the rosary, for her Rosary is the weapon against the evils of the world today."

"The Rosary is the weapon of defense and salvation."

"The Rosary is the weapon given us by Mary to use against the tricks of the infernal enemy."

'Mary has recommended the Rosary at Lourdes and Fatima because of it's exceptional value for us and our times."
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21699417

Exactly~! I wish Protestants could feel how powerful it truly is... I ask them to pray about it and if the spirit leads them to it- then to pray. I have had a lot of Protestants tell me how powerful it was for them as well.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21414916
United States
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21414916

I practiced meditation, and for me it was nowhere near the joy the rosary gives me. I'll tell you, it is something else!

Good for you. If it brings you joy then embrace it. Most here wouldn't even know how to say a rosary. It's been many years for me but I probably still could, now that I think about it. Don't know why you want to try to convince people here but it's certainly more benign than other threads I see here.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21828624
Ireland
Report Abusive Post

norespect
Anonymous Coward
Spain
08/12/2012 09:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: wildhoney

Great Point! Remember this was a powerful intercessing too, it meant that if he preformed this miracle, his time would have come.. Meaning his timeline and countdown would begin.. He did because of his immence love for her!

Exactly..that small request was in my opinion to show us the Power of Her Intercession..as you point out..because of The Blessed Mother He did this miracle and more importantly perhaps..by doing this miracle changed the planned timeline..of His going Public with His ministry etc..and all BECAUSE OF MARY and His Love for Her
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/12/2012 09:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

Why do you have such a hard time admitting that you have people praying for you????

GLP