Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13864401
United States
08/12/2012 09:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Pray the rosary!
John 2:1-5
And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come. His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21828624

If you are trying to say somehow that his comment was in some way offensive to her, you have no idea what you are talking about. First off in the Middle East even today, they refer to Woman in this same manner... It his not at all offensive. And the fact that Mary told the servants to do whatever he tells you proves her faith.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13864401

norespect

nice comeback!!~!!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 21755869
Brazil
08/12/2012 09:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just another form of meditation. I still have my Scapula from when I was a little kid.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21414916

I practiced meditation, and for me it was nowhere near the joy the rosary gives me. I'll tell you, it is something else!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21755869

Good for you. If it brings you joy then embrace it. Most here wouldn't even know how to say a rosary. It's been many years for me but I probably still could, now that I think about it. Don't know why you want to try to convince people here but it's certainly more benign than other threads I see here.

It's always a great victory against the devil when someone prays a rosary, that's enough reasons for me to try to convince someone to do it :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21828624
Ireland
08/12/2012 09:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
John 2:1-5
And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come. His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

If you are trying to say somehow that his comment was in some way offensive to her, you have no idea what you are talking about. First off in the Middle East even today, they refer to Woman in this same manner... It his not at all offensive. And the fact that Mary told the servants to do whatever he tells you proves her faith.

norespect

nice comeback!!~!!

He said Woman instead of Mother. I think it's clear what he meant. Truth hurt ?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1531686
United States
08/12/2012 09:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good post.

IMO it is important to state the Mysteries of the Rosary one meditates on as you pray. They are all from scripture (exception could be assumption and crowning of Mary queen of Heaven, but that was Tradition before there ever was a Bible).

The Five Joyful Mysteries

The Annunciation: Humility
The Visitation: Charity
The Birth of Our Lord: Poverty, or detachment from the world
The Presentation of Our Lord: Purity of heart, obedience
The Finding of Our Lord in the Temple: Piety

The Five Sorrowful Mysteries

The Agony in the Garden: Contrition for our sins
The Scourging at the Pillar: Mortification of our senses
The Crowning with Thorns: Interior mortification
The Carrying of the Cross: Patience under crosses
The Crucifixion and Death of Our Lord: That we may die to ourselves

The Five Glorious Mysteries

The Resurrection: Conversion of heart
The Ascension: A desire for heaven
The Coming of the Holy Ghost: The Gifts of the Holy Ghost
The Assumption of our Blessed Mother into Heaven: Devotion to Mary
The Coronation of our Blessed Mother: Eternal happiness

The Five Luminous Mysteries

The Baptism in the Jordan
The Wedding at Cana
The Proclamation of the Kingdom
The Transfiguration
The Institution of the Eucharist
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21699417
United Kingdom
08/12/2012 09:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just another form of meditation. I still have my Scapula from when I was a little kid.

I practiced meditation, and for me it was nowhere near the joy the rosary gives me. I'll tell you, it is something else!
It is quite overwhelming how powerful the spiritual power of the holy rosary.The same satan who causes such immense spiritual desolation in this world has no antedote to the rosary its like putting salt on a slug
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1151737
United States
08/12/2012 09:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
It is the best remedy to any problem!

Pray the Rosary to the Moon Goddess, the Great Whore
Of Babylon, Astarte, Semiramis, Isis.

This muslim is....praying his rosary so should all of you fooled
Exoteric uninitiated catlickers. [link to www.google.com]

Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Catholics. Same thing. Repackaged sun god worship.
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
08/12/2012 09:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger. Jeremiah 7:18

FAIL !!! putin
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
08/12/2012 09:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

Good for you. If it brings you joy then embrace it. Most here wouldn't even know how to say a rosary. It's been many years for me but I probably still could, now that I think about it. Don't know why you want to try to convince people here but it's certainly more benign than other threads I see here.

It's always a great victory against the devil when someone prays a rosary, that's enough reasons for me to try to convince someone to do it :)

very very important OP If ONLY PEOPLE actually understood the gravity of the situation how deep satans claws are into the deepest recesess of human minds tempting them with a multitude of inducements and always working on their weakest point hes a hard pressure salesman and even the most vigilant person however guarded cannot afford to drop their guard THE ROSARY IS SPIRITUAL SANCTUARY GREAT THREAD GOD BLESS YOU
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
08/12/2012 09:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven, and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men? Jeremiah 44:19

churchlady
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
08/12/2012 09:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Some things never change !
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Brazil
08/12/2012 09:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger. Jeremiah 7:18

FAIL !!! putin

That's not referring to Mary but to other Canaanite deities. You are just putting stuff out of context brother.
Stanfiem

User ID: 21806188
United States
08/12/2012 10:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

No I have never asked a dead person (not saying she is spiritually dead just her flesh no longer exists) to pray for me and talk to Jesus for me because I can do it myself. That is the point; you do not need mary to intercede for you.
 Quoting: Stanfiem

But you have people living praying for you? huh..... I think I would rather have my intercessory prayer going through his mother...just sayin...

Actually no, I do not. You said it yourself...GOING THROUGH HIS MOTHER. Why would a prayer going through a human in heaven be any more effective than say a prayer going through the holy spirit that lives inside of you?

so you have never had anyone pray for you?????

That is not what the Rosary, at it's core, is though. Look at it like this. While I am praying i never stop and say Dear holy friend who lives down the street please talk to GOD for me and let him know I need his help. Get it now?

In my opinion it is all about how you view the Rosary, Mary, and prayer. All I am saying is that prayer is more than just "let me recite some words and it will magically change my life." It is not about words. These things are human constructs that our minds have developed. The act of prayer is you Joining in the struggle or burden or joy of the person you are praying for and or with.

My comfort is in the fact that knowing I share in the same spirit as mary, and paul, and peter, not in the fact that through these people I have another person to pray to, Does that make sense?

I am not condemning people that pray the Rosary. I just feel that the people that believe in a human being and considering her the HOLY MOTHER OF GOD is a bit much.

Just for some clarification, When you (not necessarily directed at the person I quoted but anyone who prays the Rosary) pray the rosary do you always end with this prayer?

"HAIL, HOLY QUEEN, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!"

Because this is a prayer TO mary not WITH mary. you are not joining in prayer with her you are placing her between you and Jesus. Just read the words.

Just check your own spirit and make sure that when and if you pray the rosary you are not praying to mary but you are praying to Jesus. That's all. I will never pray it though, no need.
Stanfiem
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21729717
Brazil
08/12/2012 10:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

But you have people living praying for you? huh..... I think I would rather have my intercessory prayer going through his mother...just sayin...

Actually no, I do not. You said it yourself...GOING THROUGH HIS MOTHER. Why would a prayer going through a human in heaven be any more effective than say a prayer going through the holy spirit that lives inside of you?

so you have never had anyone pray for you?????

That is not what the Rosary, at it's core, is though. Look at it like this. While I am praying i never stop and say Dear holy friend who lives down the street please talk to GOD for me and let him know I need his help. Get it now?

In my opinion it is all about how you view the Rosary, Mary, and prayer. All I am saying is that prayer is more than just "let me recite some words and it will magically change my life." It is not about words. These things are human constructs that our minds have developed. The act of prayer is you Joining in the struggle or burden or joy of the person you are praying for and or with.

My comfort is in the fact that knowing I share in the same spirit as mary, and paul, and peter, not in the fact that through these people I have another person to pray to, Does that make sense?

I am not condemning people that pray the Rosary. I just feel that the people that believe in a human being and considering her the HOLY MOTHER OF GOD is a bit much.

Just for some clarification, When you (not necessarily directed at the person I quoted but anyone who prays the Rosary) pray the rosary do you always end with this prayer?

"HAIL, HOLY QUEEN, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!"

Because this is a prayer TO mary not WITH mary. you are not joining in prayer with her you are placing her between you and Jesus. Just read the words.

Just check your own spirit and make sure that when and if you pray the rosary you are not praying to mary but you are praying to Jesus. That's all. I will never pray it though, no need.

How can you talk so much about it without ever having done it? Trust me, there is nothing to be afraid of, our mother loves us!
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
08/12/2012 10:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven, and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men? Jeremiah 44:19

churchlady
AMAZING HOW ITS BROUGHT OUT THE VITRIOL IN YOU
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
08/12/2012 10:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
satans doing good business in ireland these days i see
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
08/12/2012 10:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Mary is dead , you have made her into your own god committing Idolatry and even speak more of her than God which is an utter disgrace ! She was just a human being , not a god. She is dead and awaiting resurrection. Jesus would be disgusted with what some have done/twisted
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
08/12/2012 10:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

churchlady
AMAZING HOW ITS BROUGHT OUT THE VITRIOL IN YOU
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21699417

How so ?
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
08/12/2012 10:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

Sorry but I am not the one who is guilty of Idolatry and blasphemy !
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
08/12/2012 10:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Mary is dead , you have made her into your own god committing Idolatry and even speak more of her than God which is an utter disgrace ! She was just a human being , not a god. She is dead and awaiting resurrection. Jesus would be disgusted with what some have done/twisted

She is more alive than you and me!
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
08/12/2012 10:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

Don't be so sure of it!
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
08/12/2012 10:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21729717

She is dead , can you prove otherwise with the word of God ?
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
08/12/2012 10:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

Don't be so sure of it!

I am 100% sure of it !
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4768415
United States
08/12/2012 10:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
You're supposed to pray to the FATHER, through Christ.

Rosary beads is IDOLATRY.

Praying to Mary is just foolish. No where in the bible does it say to do that. That practice of praying to "the queen of heaven" is Babylonian paganism, stemming from Nimrod and Semiramis worship.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
08/12/2012 10:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
No Jesus is lord there is enough evidence of that wouldnt you agree? the way you disgrace Jesus's mother with JUST a human being you make it look like God the father picked any old slapper of the jewish corner and said oi your just an incubator for the christ HAILY MARY FULL OF GRACE THE LORD IS WITH THEE i want you to meditate FULL of grace......the Lord is WITH thee chosen amongst all women from the begining of time immaculate WITHOUT SIN if MARY was JUST this or that then JESUS genetic make up would be sinful he couldnt be pure his body would be corrupt as his mothers genetics would make him born of sinful genes IMMACULATE CONCEPTION
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
08/12/2012 10:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
It wasn’t a matter of what God the Father did for Mary, but what he did for Jesus. What so many people don’t understand is that the Immaculate Conception of Mary is all about Jesus. It was because he was to take on his human nature in her womb that God deigned her to be free of all sin and therefore “full of grace” (Lk 1:28). It would be unthinkable, given the revelation that we have in Scripture and Tradition, for him to be conceived in anything but a holy place.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Brazil
08/12/2012 10:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yes.
John 21:25 And there are also many other things -- as many as Jesus did -- which, if they may be written one by one, not even the world itself I think to have place for the books written. Amen.

Not everything He said or did is written down. The word of God is God made flash and it is bigger than the Bible. The saints gave a powerful testimony with their lives that God lived in them, and they all venerated Mary.
Stanfiem

User ID: 21806188
United States
08/12/2012 10:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

No I have never asked a dead person (not saying she is spiritually dead just her flesh no longer exists) to pray for me and talk to Jesus for me because I can do it myself. That is the point; you do not need mary to intercede for you.

What if God intended to have an intercessor between Him and us? It can lead to arrogance to have a direct line of contact with God.

Only if you view that direct line as something of your own doing. I know that the spirit inside of me tells me what to pray when to pray and how to pray. Therefore it no longer becomes me that is doing the praying but the spirit inside of me. Therefore all boasting is moot when you realize that it was never you in the first place. I KNOW that with out his spirit I am useless.

According to some apparitions of Jesus (google immaculee ilibagiza) Jesus listens to all the prayers, from catholics and also from every person of good-will, because Mary takes them to Him. So we believe that you have her interceding on your behalf anyway, even if you despise her.

WHAT?? Where in the bible does it talk about Apparitions of Jesus, or the fact that another person is necessary in the line between Us and God? If you think Christ is coming down to earth as an apparition it might explain your love for mary. How do you not see this as blasphemy. Because Jesus died an innocent man we no longer need things like mary to talk to God we have Jesus. He is the one that intercedes for us not mary. Why do you think even Jesus prayed to the father, because he was the intercessor not us. I getting a great view of how the trinity works by talking about these things.

God hears everyone he hears all thoughts from everyone. It is only through Jesus that we can experience communion with him and place his thoughts and desires on our minds and hearts. but to say that I despise her because I do not pray TO her is a bit of a stretch. I love Jesus and his spirit inside of every person on this earth. I just know that there is nothing special about the flesh of mary, she was chosen by God to carry Jesus so that his plans could be fulfilled.
Stanfiem
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
08/12/2012 10:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Jesus was God and it would not be possible for him to assume a human nature that was not already perfect. If he received a redeemed nature himself either by preventing the fall of his nature during conception or by cleansing it afterwards, then he could not actually be the redeemer of all mankind. He would himself need a redeemer.
By Mary possessing a perfect human nature from the moment of her conception in anticipation of the merits of Christ, Jesus received his human nature directly from her already in a pristine state. The pristine nature that he received from Mary did not need to be redeemed.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
08/12/2012 10:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
You're supposed to pray to the FATHER, through Christ.

Rosary beads is IDOLATRY.

Praying to Mary is just foolish. No where in the bible does it say to do that. That practice of praying to "the queen of heaven" is Babylonian paganism, stemming from Nimrod and Semiramis worship.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4768415

atypical 'fundie' rhetoric have you got nothing better than that robotic rote style conditioning of yours to REASON the same old nut megs come out are you reading these from a top ten anti catholic tips autoqueue? FOR THE 90THE TIME THIS IS REFERENCE TO THE CANAANITE OR MOABITE GODESS THAT JEZEBELL WOULD HAVE BEEN FAMILIAR WITH NOT MARY
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20351270
United States
08/12/2012 10:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
It is so amazing that even though the Catholic Church is a total FAIL, that people still are stupid enough to believe that Mary has special powers. There is NOTHING in the Bible to support prayer to her.
The Catholic religion is full of pagan idol worship!

GLP