Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,670 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 540,399
Pageviews Today: 898,646Threads Today: 324Posts Today: 5,859
10:34 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Recall of 4 million BUMPO Baby Seats. Injuries Reported!

Bluebird
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 730536
United States
08/15/2012 10:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Recall of 4 million BUMPO Baby Seats. Injuries Reported!
Federal safety officials have ordered the recall of 4 million Bumbo baby seats. This follows a 7 On Your Side investigation that began five years ago. . .

Since then, 7 On Your Side has reported at least 45 children injured in falls, 17 of them suffered skull fractures.

[link to abclocal.go.com]

Oh, just great! A baby seat that allows for a skull fracture!
One of the most important aspects of conspiracy theories is being able to discern when there isn't one.

Oh yeah, like you'd understand anyway.

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?. . .J. Handy
Bluebird  (OP)

United States
08/15/2012 10:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Recall of 4 million BUMPO Baby Seats. Injuries Reported!
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Bumbo are aware of 34 incidents where babies fell out of or maneuvered out of a Bumbo seat. Two of these incidents involved reports of skull fractures. Others reported bumps, bruises and other minor injuries.

[link to www.fox17online.com]
One of the most important aspects of conspiracy theories is being able to discern when there isn't one.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18069654
United States
08/15/2012 10:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't think I've ever seen a baby in one of these that was NOT on top of a table. It's not Bumbo's fault, it's retarded parents.
Second Best

User ID: 19170904
Canada
08/15/2012 10:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
False Flag
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22003581
United Kingdom
08/15/2012 10:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't think I've ever seen a baby in one of these that was NOT on top of a table. It's not Bumbo's fault, it's retarded parents.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18069654

Agreed.
Bluebird  (OP)

United States
08/15/2012 10:14 AM
Report Abusive Post

I buy laundry detergent in this huge pail-like container and there is a warning on the side with universal symbol for "no" or "don't" over an outline of a child with its head down in thebucket.

Now when did it become necessary to warn parents not to let their kid fall head first down into a bucket or pail???

Same with warning on so many plastic bags that the bag is not a toy and not to allow children to play with it. Who would think and do such?

And yet apparently there are enough braindead parents to warrant all these ridiculous wanring and cautions!

Scary isn't it?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6069405
United States
08/15/2012 10:16 AM
Report Abusive Post

It clearly warns not to leave baby unattended or on table.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22007910
Netherlands
08/15/2012 10:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
I also worked at nedcar doing tar stickers once.
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
08/15/2012 10:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Those where a 1000 faults i think.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9277476
United States
08/15/2012 10:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

I buy laundry detergent in this huge pail-like container and there is a warning on the side with universal symbol for "no" or "don't" over an outline of a child with its head down in thebucket.

Now when did it become necessary to warn parents not to let their kid fall head first down into a bucket or pail???

Same with warning on so many plastic bags that the bag is not a toy and not to allow children to play with it. Who would think and do such?

And yet apparently there are enough braindead parents to warrant all these ridiculous wanring and cautions!

Scary isn't it?
 Quoting: Bluebird

Its the insurance companies. They make everyone put a warning on everything.
this
Netherlands
08/15/2012 10:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
They give hh medals for it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9277476
United States
08/15/2012 10:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think the problem is the parents who think the Bumbo is a babysitter and leave a child in it for too long. Once the child is old enough, they will plant their feet and start pushing backward as if to do a backbend out of the thing. Its OK to let your child sit for a bit when they are young because it helps stregnthen the neck while providing support to the spine, BUT if they are old enough to try to push backward out of the thing, your just asking for an injury.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1160946
United States
08/15/2012 10:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
WITH the amount that they sold, that is a very very small percentage. I own one, and they are safe because any child that can fit in it, should be watched 24/7...

stupid parents, not interacting with their kid and watching a baby while its awake. I have one on the way, and I will be using it. If you saw how they are designed and placed a baby in one, you would understand how safe it is.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18998054
United States
08/15/2012 10:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Federal safety officials have ordered the recall of 4 million Bumbo baby seats. This follows a 7 On Your Side investigation that began five years ago. . .

Since then, 7 On Your Side has reported at least 45 children injured in falls, 17 of them suffered skull fractures.

[link to abclocal.go.com]

Oh, just great! A baby seat that allows for a skull fracture!

It's sad but there are parents out there who have no common sense. I've seen people shop with their toddlers standing in carts, laying on the platform underneath the cart with their hands quite near the wheels. They use no straps half the time. I don't know how many little lives I've saved by blocking a toddler from running into the street that wasn't mine. You can put warning labels all you like on a product. It doesn't help the child be safe if the parent is too ignorant to read it. I have 4 of my own and none have suffered broken bones, skull fractures, burnt anything. It's sad to watch parents throw blame somewhere besides where it belongs, such as in their own lap. Parents shouldn't have to have a near-death of their child to realize the safety of that child lies in their own hands. They should realize that at conception and act like that child only has one life and protect it as such. Accountability falls with the parent and most of them just don't want to be accountable for their own ignorance.
Bluebird  (OP)

United States
08/15/2012 10:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
All valid points being made.

It's a sad commentary on parenting today. I reared 3 kids and never any injuries but then I was also accused of being overly protective.

Since parents are so lax these days, the manufacturer has to try to offset that with design but that will only go so far.

And you know if the baby is injured, the parents are then going to want to sue like anything, driving the costs of production up for us all.

That said, I shudder when I look back on some of my own parenting especially with my first one. I used a car seat so flimsy I cringe to look back on it. But that was long ago and we now are supposed to know better.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16007817
United States
08/15/2012 11:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
with a name like BUMPo, they were doomed to fail.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6069405
United States
08/15/2012 11:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
With all the accidential bathtub drownings and injuries, next we will see bathtubs recalled after huge warning printed on the side "DO NOT LEAVE CHILDREN UN ATTENDED WHILE BATHING!" (please note this is sarcasm)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 373170
United States
08/15/2012 11:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

Agreed.
 Quoting: The Light Under the Door

I've used these for both my kids, no problems here. My wife and I would watch them like a hawk whenever they were in them because common sense dicatated to us that these sorts of things were possible. Always looking for someone else to blame... stupid ass people.
Bluebird  (OP)

United States
08/15/2012 11:08 AM
Report Abusive Post

Agreed.

I've used these for both my kids, no problems here. My wife and I would watch them like a hawk whenever they were in them because common sense dicatated to us that these sorts of things were possible. Always looking for someone else to blame... stupid ass people.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 373170

And their stupid-assed lawyers who want to get rich suing any and everybody just because they can.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21414916
United States
08/15/2012 11:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16007817

chuckle Cool typo though. I seen the title and thought WTF?
-GooGooFlexy-

User ID: 1238529
United States
08/15/2012 11:13 AM
Report Abusive Post

Agreed.

Yeah, it's fairly obvious that a child can wiggle its way out of one of these. There's no way a kid's gonna fracture its skull from getting out of it on the ground.
-GooGooFlexy-
Bluebird  (OP)

United States
08/15/2012 11:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
That particular seat looks more like what I would call a booster chair usually used for sitting at a table to eat.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22009340
United Kingdom
08/15/2012 11:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Total recall.

Mars/Lion/Kate Middleton Baby

Mayan End Date.

Birth of new age.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1439219
United States
08/15/2012 12:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
That particular seat looks more like what I would call a booster chair usually used for sitting at a table to eat.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11125888

"Yet, of course, you're fine with Romney's company incinerating 9 month old, late term aborted babies, even if said baby was killed with a pair of scissors to the brain, correct?

Just chuck them in the furnance, right?

The 9 month old, aborted fetus and all, right? Can the worker swing the baby around by the feet and toss it in, or should more care be taken in placement in said furnance?

Just want to be clear on your stance here... "

"One last time.

yes, I would be OK with anybody doing that very necessary service."

wtf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9645738
United States
08/15/2012 12:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

Why not call it an OWEE Chair?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5240732
United States
08/15/2012 12:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

^^THIS^^^ I used the Bumbo seat responsibly for my children and LOVED it, as did many of my friends.
I hate to see a good product get trashed because of bad parenting!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5240732
United States
08/15/2012 12:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

Why not call it an OWEE Chair?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9645738

That's not the name. It's the BUMBO seat, not "bumpo"

GLP