Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,795 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 892,455
Pageviews Today: 1,470,390Threads Today: 574Posts Today: 9,469
03:18 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

WTF????? State, local officials debate over whether government should ban distracting devices on streets

TheTruthNeverLies
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1574021
United States
08/17/2012 02:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
WTF????? State, local officials debate over whether government should ban distracting devices on streets
WASHINGTON – A young man talking on a cellphone meanders along the edge of a lonely train platform at night. Suddenly he stumbles, loses his balance and pitches over the side, landing head first on the tracks.

Fortunately there were no trains approaching the Philadelphia-area station at that moment, because it took the man several minutes to recover enough to climb out of danger. But the incident, captured last year by a security camera and provided to The Associated Press, underscores the risks of what government officials and safety experts say is a growing problem: distracted walking.

On city streets, in suburban parking lots and in shopping centers, there is usually someone strolling while talking on a phone, texting with his head down, listening to music, or playing a video game. The problem isn't as widely discussed as distracted driving, but the danger is real.

Reports of injuries to distracted walkers treated at hospital emergency rooms have more than quadrupled in the past seven years and are almost certainly underreported. There has been a spike in pedestrians killed and injured in traffic accidents, but there is no reliable data on how many were distracted by electronics.

[link to www.foxnews.com]

wtf is going on here? so i cant use my cell phone in public? wow, this is just over the top. Nanny Stat 101 here.
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

"Religion and morality are the essential pillars of civil society."

-George Washington, Father of our country & 1st President
THE INQUISADOR

User ID: 1577310
United States
08/17/2012 02:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: WTF????? State, local officials debate over whether government should ban distracting devices on streets
WASHINGTON – A young man talking on a cellphone meanders along the edge of a lonely train platform at night. Suddenly he stumbles, loses his balance and pitches over the side, landing head first on the tracks.

Fortunately there were no trains approaching the Philadelphia-area station at that moment, because it took the man several minutes to recover enough to climb out of danger. But the incident, captured last year by a security camera and provided to The Associated Press, underscores the risks of what government officials and safety experts say is a growing problem: distracted walking.

On city streets, in suburban parking lots and in shopping centers, there is usually someone strolling while talking on a phone, texting with his head down, listening to music, or playing a video game. The problem isn't as widely discussed as distracted driving, but the danger is real.

Reports of injuries to distracted walkers treated at hospital emergency rooms have more than quadrupled in the past seven years and are almost certainly underreported. There has been a spike in pedestrians killed and injured in traffic accidents, but there is no reliable data on how many were distracted by electronics.

wtf is going on here? so i cant use my cell phone in public? wow, this is just over the top. Nanny Stat 101 here.
 Quoting: TheTruthNeverLies

Not really..is it right for someone to push into you and put YOU in danger if he is texting or not paying attention due to operating a device?. On the other side it should be OK if you want to walk into an open Manhole if you wish..Just do not hurt others.
:nose23l36:
SCOTLAND FOREVER
America is the Grand Experiment..Let us not Fail..
Listed Number 1 in the Guinness World Record Book of EXTRA LARGE Steel Balls
Opinions are like Farts..Only the very best linger on and on
Great Men wake up to slay spam tards. Most are content to chase lizards. Therein lies the difference. Live Brave.LIVE FREE.
Murphy is my patron Saint.
I SIGN MY NEG KARMA
TOMMY B

User ID: 21982229
United States
08/17/2012 02:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: WTF????? State, local officials debate over whether government should ban distracting devices on streets

The cop on the corner is a distraction, do they count?
THE INQUISADOR

User ID: 1577310
United States
08/17/2012 02:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: TOMMY B

Gotta get this one in before anyone else..HOOKERS?.
:nose23l36:
SCOTLAND FOREVER
America is the Grand Experiment..Let us not Fail..
Listed Number 1 in the Guinness World Record Book of EXTRA LARGE Steel Balls
Opinions are like Farts..Only the very best linger on and on
Great Men wake up to slay spam tards. Most are content to chase lizards. Therein lies the difference. Live Brave.LIVE FREE.
Murphy is my patron Saint.
I SIGN MY NEG KARMA
TheTruthNeverLies  (OP)

United States
08/17/2012 03:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: TOMMY B

Gotta get this one in before anyone else..HOOKERS?.
 Quoting: THE INQUISADOR

ohyeah
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

TheTruthNeverLies  (OP)

United States
08/17/2012 03:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

Not really..is it right for someone to push into you and put YOU in danger if he is texting or not paying attention due to operating a device?. On the other side it should be OK if you want to walk into an open Manhole if you wish..Just do not hurt others.
 Quoting: THE INQUISADOR

you think they care about your safety? Its about controlling your everyday movements. They are power hungry. they use security and your safety as an excuse to be all up in our lives.

GLP