Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,160 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 848,760
Pageviews Today: 1,517,764Threads Today: 503Posts Today: 10,692
03:02 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Don't make ASSUMPTIONS; try to Understand.

Dangerwalt

User ID: 22103379
Brazil
10/11/2012 09:38 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Don't make ASSUMPTIONS; try to Understand.
Good job guys.
Continue the search for truth.hf
Just one any....

The first symptom of stupidity is to think that we already know everything...

:hollowichigo:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1208827
United States
10/11/2012 09:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
At this point looking at all the evidence, it would seem like we are seeing a massive build up of pressure that is seeking escape. Question being where is the weakest point, in the gulf or LA. Just a matter of time given the conditions we are seeing in both places. Gases leaking from the seabed and from the land in LA. Not good. It would seem to be a case of where and when, not if. The pressure will continue to build until an events of, I believe, huge proporsions takes place. Just my two cents. sk
 Quoting: seeker2

And is Synthia flowing through in the process?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25390266

actually, as much as I believe this is possibly the case, there is, at this time no actual evidence
and we have no effect in the water with the tides
if the gas was connected, the pressure would transmit tidally, IMHO

I suspect that even odds are the gas is coming from another one of the well/caverns. the dome has around 50 active sites. cross leakage is possible, probable, and even likely, and if another company is involved, they damn'd sure are keeping their mouth shut, as texas brine currently is the only one holding the bag. someone is gonna eat the liability of this, who should it be, a small company, or someone with lots of assetts? hell, they may even be getting paid to eat it for someone else. remember, there is a LOT of gas still in that 2-5 sq mile dome

dr
Patassa

User ID: 21916852
United States
10/11/2012 09:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
8:00 p.m. DNR News Release
October 11, 2012 //

[link to assumptionla.wordpress.com]

Welsh noted that, based on “fingerprint” analysis and other data, the source of the crude oil and natural gas that have been observed at the surface in the Bayou Corne area appears to be one or more naturally occurring oil and natural gas formations, and that the preponderance of scientific evidence indicates that the failure of the sidewall of the Texas Brine cavern provided a pathway up to the aquifer and the surface for oil and natural gas that had previously been confined thousands of feet below.

“We have been driven by scientific data in all of our efforts to determine the cause of the natural gas found in the aquifer, the formation of the sinkhole, and the presence of crude oil found on the surface of the sinkhole,” Welsh said.

Link to DNR letter

[link to dnr.louisiana.gov]

Last Edited by Patassa on 10/11/2012 09:58 PM
justanothergranny

User ID: 20609565
United States
10/11/2012 10:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks, Patassa!
TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
TeamReaper

User ID: 22030141
United States
10/11/2012 10:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
dr-

i posted something earlier this am that answered one of your questions.

you might find this site interesting, if you havent already seen it
[link to sonris-www.dnr.state.la.us]
In every operation, whether planning it or executing it, you can never count on luck; but you have to accept it, and recognize it when it’s there.
-Major ******, U-2 Pilot/Instructor/Flight Commander
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17888588
United States
10/11/2012 10:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for linking that here.....I posted that other thread and was coming here to link it. I live an hour from Clintonville and Wausau and smelled methane off and on all summer.
 Quoting: Katniss

No problem. It seem really weird to have similar things happen on the same day. They specifically mentioned a gas build-up about the one in NY.
I have a feeling we will be seeing more episodes like this...
TeamReaper

United States
10/11/2012 10:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
8:00 p.m. DNR News Release
October 11, 2012 //

Welsh noted that, based on “fingerprint” analysis and other data, the source of the crude oil and natural gas that have been observed at the surface in the Bayou Corne area appears to be one or more naturally occurring oil and natural gas formations, and that the preponderance of scientific evidence indicates that the failure of the sidewall of the Texas Brine cavern provided a pathway up to the aquifer and the surface for oil and natural gas that had previously been confined thousands of feet below.

“We have been driven by scientific data in all of our efforts to determine the cause of the natural gas found in the aquifer, the formation of the sinkhole, and the presence of crude oil found on the surface of the sinkhole,” Welsh said.

Link to DNR letter

[link to dnr.louisiana.gov]
 Quoting: Patassa

i think this was a giving. the big question is if that is all or if something else is happening.

hopefully, this doesnt stop everyone from asking questions
In every operation, whether planning it or executing it, you can never count on luck; but you have to accept it, and recognize it when it’s there.
Katniss

User ID: 18677079
United States
10/11/2012 10:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for linking that here.....I posted that other thread and was coming here to link it. I live an hour from Clintonville and Wausau and smelled methane off and on all summer.
 Quoting: Katniss

No problem. It seem really weird to have similar things happen on the same day. They specifically mentioned a gas build-up about the one in NY.
I have a feeling we will be seeing more episodes like this...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17888588

There was a street near this one that buckled in several places over the summer. There have been several strange news stories like this since the booms back in the spring. Several times here we have heard rolling thunder on sunny days. I agree.....more news stories like this to come.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25390266
United States
10/11/2012 11:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
@AC25390266 - YOU have contributed here??? I searched for your entries, and the earliest that were found under that number WAS TODAY! Unless you've neglected to sign in and actually have a different number, you have contributed little if anything here. so,...

bsflag
 Quoting: justanothergranny

0266 and others, these shills seem to be diverting info about synthia flowing into aquifers from the gulf. that is the pattern it seems. real people go to the non shill threads, like the one pinned now. just avoid this garbage and liars.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22526465

Quite.

The issue is the BP fault line hit, and the huge amount of methane and synthia flowing inward from GOM and pressure building into NMSZ.

I agree that this is the issue but I don't like you attacking the DAWGS and acting like you have done so much. My first posting on this thread was on page 4. Where the hell are yours?

You wouldn't ask that if you understood the nature of AC posting here.

Go back to your dog house. You offer nothing worthwhile here.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/11/2012 11:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
@AC25390266 - YOU have contributed here??? I searched for your entries, and the earliest that were found under that number WAS TODAY! Unless you've neglected to sign in and actually have a different number, you have contributed little if anything here. so,...

bsflag

my ac number is different because of my ip address
this could be the same with any ac
that is why I sign mine...usually

dr
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1208827

That's correct. justanother blurted before thinking AND apparently before reading my posts. Threads are never helped by posters who refuse to think rationally and look before leaping.
seeker2

User ID: 25360275
Thailand
10/11/2012 11:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Morning all. well here at least.

No need to fight about the Dawgs.

Important things is figuring whats going on and its impact on the people in LA and gulf states and on a bigger scale around the world.

what we basically have is a planet heating up, releasing frozen hydrates, release methane, creating pressure. Just like what we are seeing in the gulf of mexico, more fractures and leaks of Oil and methane appearing and beginning to connect, I think we can expect to see on land also. Lets hope this process remains a slow, giving time for people in the affected areas to relocate as this thing progresses.

In regards sythia. It would seem a bi product of sythia breaking down oil is the release of CO2, which if done in a confined space would add to the building pressure.

My sense is that the government and big oil, were and are aware of the above stated and were aware of the situation prior to the blow out in the gulf, and the blow might have been an effort to vent the building gases.

This is contrary to the popular belief and the desire to place blame on man's greed. Do I know for sure. No but one can connect the dots to either support a large conspiracy or connect them is such a way as attempts to mitigate some of the world changes occurring.

Either way we are not being told everything, and as someone pointed out earlier, this might be a good thing, for if we all knew the total extent of what is about to take place it would totally disrupt the fabric of our society. For what, I doubt they know the end result and to what extent this problem will progress to. sk
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17888588
United States
10/11/2012 11:33 PM
Report Abusive Post

bsflag

my ac number is different because of my ip address
this could be the same with any ac
that is why I sign mine...usually

dr
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1208827

That's correct. justanother blurted before thinking AND apparently before reading my posts. Threads are never helped by posters who refuse to think rationally and look before leaping.

Although I did not realize that it was you (dr) I have seen your posts.
It still doesn't give you the right to act superior and belittle or bully other people on the thread! Just like you have your theories, I have mine and that is you are an asshole!Who do you think you are to value someone by what they have contributed? Some people lurk and some contribute what and when they can. It is everyone's right to do so as they see fit.

I have been with this thread since it was first posted and I am not going anywhere.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/12/2012 12:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Although I did not realize that it was you (dr) I have seen your posts.
It still doesn't give you the right to act superior and belittle or bully other people on the thread! Just like you have your theories, I have mine and that is you are an asshole!Who do you think you are to value someone by what they have contributed? Some people lurk and some contribute what and when they can. It is everyone's right to do so as they see fit.

I have been with this thread since it was first posted and I am not going anywhere.

Get over yourself and STOP derailing this thread and acting like a whiny child in the school yard playground.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/12/2012 12:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

Important things is figuring whats going on and its impact on the people in LA and gulf states and on a bigger scale around the world.

^ THIS

what we basically have is a planet heating up, releasing frozen hydrates, release methane, creating pressure. Just like what we are seeing in the gulf of mexico, more fractures and leaks of Oil and methane appearing and beginning to connect, I think we can expect to see on land also. Lets hope this process remains a slow, giving time for people in the affected areas to relocate as this thing progresses.

Permeating land, air, and water supply.

Because various situations and conditions are at play, there is no way to determine rate.

In regards sythia. It would seem a bi product of sythia breaking down oil is the release of CO2, which if done in a confined space would add to the building pressure.

Possibly, but bigger concern is mutation caused by mix with previous life form cells . . . mutation appears out of control.

My sense is that the government and big oil, were and are aware of the above stated and were aware of the situation prior to the blow out in the gulf, and the blow might have been an effort to vent the building gases.

This is contrary to the popular belief and the desire to place blame on man's greed. Do I know for sure. No but one can connect the dots to either support a large conspiracy or connect them is such a way as attempts to mitigate some of the world changes occurring.

It appears that BP tried to mitigate repercussions of blowout . . . once the fault line was comprised, all bets were off.

Either way we are not being told everything, and as someone pointed out earlier, this might be a good thing, for if we all knew the total extent of what is about to take place it would totally disrupt the fabric of our society. For what, I doubt they know the end result and to what extent this problem will progress to. sk

True.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23651594
United States
10/12/2012 12:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

0266 and others, these shills seem to be diverting info about synthia flowing into aquifers from the gulf. that is the pattern it seems. real people go to the non shill threads, like the one pinned now. just avoid this garbage and liars.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22526465

Quite.

The issue is the BP fault line hit, and the huge amount of methane and synthia flowing inward from GOM and pressure building into NMSZ.

I agree that this is the issue but I don't like you attacking the DAWGS and acting like you have done so much. My first posting on this thread was on page 4. Where the hell are yours?

You wouldn't ask that if you understood the nature of AC posting here.

Go back to your dog house. You offer nothing worthwhile here.

I have had the same number since page two of this thread so WTF are you talking about?
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/12/2012 02:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have had the same number since page two of this thread so WTF are you talking about?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23651594

Some pc users have IPs that change daily and thus, will have different AC numbers. Simple.

Now get back to the serious topic of BP/LA/NM.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24038288
United States
10/12/2012 02:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
anybody notice the small 1.4 EQ in marston MO yesterday?

I have a question which im sure will go unnoticed.... why dont any of the websites ( RSOE EDIS) and the like have anything listed for LA at all ? part os the squashing of info maybe ?
alexisj9

User ID: 1376880
United Kingdom
10/12/2012 03:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
anybody notice the small 1.4 EQ in marston MO yesterday?

I have a question which im sure will go unnoticed.... why dont any of the websites ( RSOE EDIS) and the like have anything listed for LA at all ? part os the squashing of info maybe ?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24038288

tremors of gas or fluid moving about is not considered an earthquake, If there have been small earthquakes too, I do not know why they are not showing them.

Last Edited by alexisj9 on 10/12/2012 03:26 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25336984
United States
10/12/2012 03:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Earth movement by fluid is not the same as earth movement by quakeing.. Unstable.. as in platform to break.
TeamReaper

United States
10/12/2012 03:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
for those interested in the meningitis outbreak:

it just got worse, infection due to an ankle injection.

comments made by CDC:

"This is new territory for public health and the clinical community"

"the longest delay was found to be 42 days, with Park emphasizing the CDC does not yet know what the longest time gap will be"

"Weber told reporters that patients who received these injections will need to be vigilant for months afterwards to see if they've developed an infection"

"CDC: Tests may not detect meningitis fungus"

"contaminated steroid could have been given as early as May 21"

"Because the ranges of pathogens associated with this outbreak may not have been fully determined"

Thread: Meningits outbreak just got way worse

Last Edited by TeamReaper on 10/12/2012 03:53 AM
ladyannie2009

User ID: 24996802
United States
10/12/2012 04:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

comments made by CDC:

"the longest delay was found to be 42 days, with Park emphasizing the CDC does not yet know what the longest time gap will be"

"Weber told reporters that patients who received these injections will need to be vigilant for months afterwards to see if they've developed an infection"

"Because the ranges of pathogens associated with this outbreak may not have been fully determined"

Quoting: TeamReaper

allow me to translate thumbs

we have no idea what we're doing. The incubation period could be any time between 0 days and 1 year. Our tests suck, and cannot be relied upon. And it's possible that it's not just the steroid injection.....could be any drug on the market....but we're not sure yet.
"the truth will stand up, when nothing else will"
- annie's mom

"When a great ship is in harbor and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for."
- Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes
seeker2

User ID: 25360275
Thailand
10/12/2012 04:46 AM
Report Abusive Post

^ THIS

Permeating land, air, and water supply.

Because various situations and conditions are at play, there is no way to determine rate.

Possibly, but bigger concern is mutation caused by mix with previous life form cells . . . mutation appears out of control.

It appears that BP tried to mitigate repercussions of blowout . . . once the fault line was comprised, all bets were off.

True.

Nice additions, one can't think of everything. lol sk
alexisj9

United Kingdom
10/12/2012 04:50 AM
Report Abusive Post

comments made by CDC:

Just great, I wonder how long before cases start over here too.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1443074
United States
10/12/2012 07:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
alexisj9

United Kingdom
10/12/2012 08:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Something else from the briefing vids, posted a few pages back now, The fill in the bottom of the cavern is shale. But we have two different versions, First video, Texas brine tells us that the shale sediment is sort of like concrete, which suggests to me the it was wet shale that is left over from fracking in the area and melted the dome from the outside. Some of water used for fracking is left underground to do goodness knows what.

Second video, the Shaw Geologist says that there is shale in the bottom, it is natural to the area and fell in when the side fell in. Again I'm sure people will come to their own conclusion which version is true. I haven't decided myself, just pointing it out.

User ID: 12910378
Brazil
10/12/2012 08:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
May 21?? Hmm.
hmm
Nus
Marmaduke
User ID: 25425618
United Kingdom
10/12/2012 08:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Will assumption parish be removed from the map, just like in the simpsons movie which featured a sink hole?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25192789
United States
10/12/2012 08:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think a bigger thing about the story is that they've basically admitted that the sink hole has hit a "natural occurring oil and gas formations."

"Welsh noted that, based on “fingerprint” analysis and other data, the source of the crude oil and natural gas that have been observed at the surface in the Bayou Corne area appears to be one or more naturally occurring oil and natural gas formations, and that the preponderance of scientific evidence indicates that the failure of the sidewall of the Texas Brine cavern provided a pathway up to the aquifer and the surface for oil and natural gas that had previously been confined thousands of feet below."

The people that said it's connected to the BP disaster don't sound quite so crazy anymore do they? lol...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19672960

the Earth's crust is full of pockets of oil and gas (under pressure); and, it only takes cracks and fissures for
it to flow its way to the surface.

so, evidently, we have a gargantuan natural gas deposit
deep down in the earth's crust that is leaking gas to
the surface so much that this gas is now *saturating* all
of the land in Assumption Parish. this is a completely
natural phenomenon, and a completely natural disaster.
and, once it becomes apparent that this natural gas is
going to make all of southern louisiana (including New Orleans) uninhabitable, for a long time, then the
situation will be upgraded to a "Catastrophe". this is
just the beginning, folks.
Vision Thing

User ID: 23462738
United States
10/12/2012 09:44 AM

Report Abusive Post

. . . . (truncated for brevity)

allow me to translate thumbs

we have no idea what we're doing. The incubation period could be any time between 0 days and 1 year. Our tests suck, and cannot be relied upon. And it's possible that it's not just the steroid injection.....could be any drug on the market....but we're not sure yet.
 Quoting: ladyannie2009

Lady Annie - Genius translation, that's just exactly how it is.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10743136
United States
10/12/2012 09:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ok, I just HAD to peek.

I wondered what the link was between fungus (recent cases) and Craig Venter, or if there even was one.

[link to www.jcvi.org]

If I read this right. Synthia -the first artifical life that reproduced- was created with chemicals, a computer and the genome of a fungus.

Can anyone out there follow my thinking and/or elaborate???????

GLP