Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,438 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 240,890
Pageviews Today: 394,516Threads Today: 124Posts Today: 2,281
05:45 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Don't make ASSUMPTIONS; try to Understand.

amachiavellian

User ID: 20940257
Canada
10/14/2012 01:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Don't make ASSUMPTIONS; try to Understand.
He you go GLP, you should get an idea of how big this is (if you dont already)

FAULTING, SUBSIDENCE AND LAND LOSS IN COASTAL LOUISIANA (1999)
[link to www.coastalenv.com]

Page 54: Look in "Mega Block II" - find verret lake, look where the E-W growth system fault is. its just north of the L. Sands - Frenier (SW-NE fault).

Page 57:
"Vertical adjustments to gravity induced earth movement and isostatic down-warping also occur along fault planes.
Cumulative displacement on growth faults and episodic changes in subsidence rates support this conclusion. Much, if not most of the vertical adjustment takes place along fault planes. Therefore, fault induced or geotechnical subsidence, as it has been used in the literature, is a major contributing factor to relative sea level rise. This paper identifies the importance of fault movement, the locations and types of major faults, and identifies blocks bound by the
major faults...Geotechnical subsidence occurs as movement along circular patterns of faults, which circumscribe collapse features, and along linear growth faults. Collapse features may be induced by salt depletion at depth and/or sediment loading at the surface. Movement along growth faults occurs in response to compaction, geosynclinal downwarping and gravity slumping."

"The origin and locations of major growth faults are related to basement topography and earth crust movements. Once established they become zones of weakness where vertical displacement in response to sediment loading occurs. Cumulative displacement of beds indicates that some have been active since Cretaceous times. Thus, the down-thrown blocks of growth faults become depressions which "attract" deposition, and in turn cause movement
on the faults
."

"coastal region is divided into a mosaic of massive fault-bound blocks. Movement of the blocks is similar to mass movement along the delta front, but on a larger scale and over a longer time period. Some blocks are moving and slumping into the deep Gulf of Mexico through a process of gravity induced slumping which is occurring on a massive scale along the continental margin.

"Until recently, fault movement in the coastal lowlands was masked and went unnoticed because of accretion processes. However, within the last 40 years the effects of fault
movement have become more evident because of increased rates of sinking and reduction of accretion processes
. Fault traces have become visibly delineated by patterns of land loss and marsh deterioration."

"Baton Rouge Fault System, located along the rim of the
Gulf Salt Dome Basin, is active and has caused structural damage to building foundations and bridges. Some minor earthquake activity may be related to movement along this fault system. A zone of intensive faulting (Lake Borgne Fault Zone) occurs between the Lake Sand-Frenier and Mauvais Bois alignments."

THIS AREA INCLUDES ASSUMPTION PARISH
 Quoting: TeamReaper

^this^
— read for knowledge, not answers.
TeamReaper

User ID: 22030141
United States
10/14/2012 02:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
The Anatomy of a Silent Disaster: Ongoing Subsidence and Inundation of the Northern Margin of the Gulf of Mexico Basin
(2004):
The reason: tectonically-related subsidence and accompanying
salt and shale movement in response to sediment loading.

[link to biotech.law.lsu.edu]
In every operation, whether planning it or executing it, you can never count on luck; but you have to accept it, and recognize it when it’s there.
-Major ******, U-2 Pilot/Instructor/Flight Commander
TeamReaper

User ID: 22030141
United States
10/14/2012 02:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
ACTIVE GEOLOGICAL FAULTS AND LAND CHANGE IN SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA (2005) Note: look at image on 1st page

Salt Water and Gas Migration along Fault Planes (PG 136)

"Wedging of fault planes as a result of relative movement between salt domes and surrounding beds may create opportunities for hydrocarbon, gas and brine releases. Water and gas migration may serve to lubricate fault planes and may be a precursor to movement." - PG. 137

Effects of Faults - PG. 167
In every operation, whether planning it or executing it, you can never count on luck; but you have to accept it, and recognize it when it’s there.
-Major ******, U-2 Pilot/Instructor/Flight Commander
Vision Thing

User ID: 23462738
United States
10/14/2012 02:22 AM

Report Abusive Post
Great posts Team Reaper, thanks for your research!
Freeeeddddddy
User ID: 25496566
United States
10/14/2012 02:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
We don't care about credit. We do however want to emphasize our record of accuracy.

So that the warnings will be taken seriously.

Those who have followed this since inception know how accurate OP, East Texas, and the Dawgs have been.

Linking to new "confirmed" info that verifies previous "barks" from the Dawgs is not rude or presumptuous or even lazy.

When the warning comes people need to have a reasonable expectation is legitimacy, because there will be no official warning, just an after-the-fact "oh my god".

You have been warned.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18962231

You may not need or want credit, but you guys (and gals) got it. You've been right all along. Nevermind the haters. Thank you!!!!!
taniatarn

User ID: 25382431
New Zealand
10/14/2012 03:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Interesting map:
[link to 0.tqn.com]

What are the grey areas on the map Teamreaper? Thats a great map...
Interested observer of all things interesting!

Please note : Where appropriate for posted images/ graphs I acknowledge the New Zealand GeoNet project and its sponsors EQC, GNS Science and LINZ, for providing data/images used in my study and analyses of Volcanic and Earthquake information in New Zealand.
alexisj9

User ID: 1376880
United Kingdom
10/14/2012 07:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: What's going on? Gas wells in TX over pressure!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25192789
United States
10/14/2012 08:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
crude oil in the stinkhole?

well, since all of the natural gas percolating out of
the ground (in Assumption Parish) is coming from a pressurized natural gas
reservoir deep in the Earth's crust: it makes perfectly
good sense that there would also be some crude oil
associated with this natural gas reservoir and that
some of the crude oil is being pushed to the surface
along with the natural gas.
 Quoting: dr.einstein

I was wondering when you would pick up the oil part.

What you say make sense on this, just a question though.

Are you connecting this gas to what happened in the gulf, or is it just something that has decided to happen, possibly because of earth changes due to that energy band thing?
 Quoting: alexisj9

well, i have to admit that in order for my catastrophe theory
to work there must be the same kinds of fissures and cracks
in the earth's crust all over southern louisiana that are
under Assumption Parish; and, the odds of that being
either possible or true are so far out as to be impossible.

so, at this stage, we have to say that my catastrophe theory is merely intuitive.
alexisj9

User ID: 1376880
United Kingdom
10/14/2012 08:19 AM
Report Abusive Post

Are you connecting this gas to what happened in the gulf, or is it just something that has decided to happen, possibly because of earth changes due to that energy band thing?

so, at this stage, we have to say that my catastrophe theory is merely intuitive.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25192789

Read all of teamreapers recent posts, they will give you an idea of the geology of south louisiana, I hope you do not find enough evidence for your theory to be possible.
Southern Lighthouse

User ID: 23585730
United States
10/14/2012 08:21 AM
Report Abusive Post

Was just going to link this! This is not a good sign... my oh my, something wicked this way comes. :(

bump
Love is the highest form of spiritual warfare.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/14/2012 08:30 AM
Report Abusive Post

Read all of teamreapers recent posts, they will give you an idea of the geology of south louisiana, I hope you do not find enough evidence for your theory to be possible.

yes, it is interesting that just in the past few days
people have been coming up with all sorts of data that
just happens to support my catastrophe theory.

btw, in homage to Matt, i am calling my catastrophe theory "The Matt Simmons Syndrome".
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/14/2012 08:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Salt domes have naturally occuring pockets of oil and gas beneath them, why can't it be coming from there??
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1405576

well, there's no question but that the natural gas
and crude oil is coming from some reservoir in the earth's
crust. and it is very easy for geologists to to find and
locate any of these deposits in the earth's crust. and it
is assured that they know exactly where the natural gas
and oil are coming from (they just aren't saying to us).

my speculation is that it is coming from a natural gas reservoir that is so deep in the crust that we have no
technologies to drill that deep. so, we are screwed because
the petroleum engineers can't drill any or enough "relief wells" to even begin relieve the volume and pressure of this thing.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25461223
United States
10/14/2012 09:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Salt domes have naturally occuring pockets of oil and gas beneath them, why can't it be coming from there??

my speculation is that it is coming from a natural gas reservoir that is so deep in the crust that we have no
the petroleum engineers can't drill any or enough "relief wells" to even begin relieve the volume and pressure of this thing.

Shill you posted the same BS in the other thread. The oil in Assumption Parish is a genetic match to the oil from BP's Macondo well...GO AWAY
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25450516
United States
10/14/2012 09:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
He you go GLP, you should get an idea of how big this is (if you dont already)

FAULTING, SUBSIDENCE AND LAND LOSS IN COASTAL LOUISIANA (1999)
[link to www.coastalenv.com]

Page 54: Look in "Mega Block II" - find verret lake, look where the E-W growth system fault is. its just north of the L. Sands - Frenier (SW-NE fault).

Page 57:
"Vertical adjustments to gravity induced earth movement and isostatic down-warping also occur along fault planes.
Cumulative displacement on growth faults and episodic changes in subsidence rates support this conclusion. Much, if not most of the vertical adjustment takes place along fault planes. Therefore, fault induced or geotechnical subsidence, as it has been used in the literature, is a major contributing factor to relative sea level rise. This paper identifies the importance of fault movement, the locations and types of major faults, and identifies blocks bound by the
major faults...Geotechnical subsidence occurs as movement along circular patterns of faults, which circumscribe collapse features, and along linear growth faults. Collapse features may be induced by salt depletion at depth and/or sediment loading at the surface. Movement along growth faults occurs in response to compaction, geosynclinal downwarping and gravity slumping."

"The origin and locations of major growth faults are related to basement topography and earth crust movements. Once established they become zones of weakness where vertical displacement in response to sediment loading occurs. Cumulative displacement of beds indicates that some have been active since Cretaceous times. Thus, the down-thrown blocks of growth faults become depressions which "attract" deposition, and in turn cause movement
on the faults
."

"coastal region is divided into a mosaic of massive fault-bound blocks. Movement of the blocks is similar to mass movement along the delta front, but on a larger scale and over a longer time period. Some blocks are moving and slumping into the deep Gulf of Mexico through a process of gravity induced slumping which is occurring on a massive scale along the continental margin.

"Until recently, fault movement in the coastal lowlands was masked and went unnoticed because of accretion processes. However, within the last 40 years the effects of fault
movement have become more evident because of increased rates of sinking and reduction of accretion processes
. Fault traces have become visibly delineated by patterns of land loss and marsh deterioration."

"Baton Rouge Fault System, located along the rim of the
Gulf Salt Dome Basin, is active and has caused structural damage to building foundations and bridges. Some minor earthquake activity may be related to movement along this fault system. A zone of intensive faulting (Lake Borgne Fault Zone) occurs between the Lake Sand-Frenier and Mauvais Bois alignments."

THIS AREA INCLUDES ASSUMPTION PARISH

Hello and forgive my ignorance as I slept through science class, so all this is new to me, but I care so am trying to understand - It seems you have a good understanding of geology and hold a major key to understanding the core issue. Here are my thoughts: Is it possible to monitor elevation changes in that area (including GOM & Texas too) on an hourly or daily basis at least. Would this be one of the major keys to monitoring this corporate made monster? I know that maps will list the yearly elevation, do any do it on a daily basis?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24518278
United States
10/14/2012 09:57 AM
Report Abusive Post

Shill you posted the same BS in the other thread. The oil in Assumption Parish is a genetic match to the oil from BP's Macondo well...GO AWAY
 Quoting: drummy

-Whoa, did I miss something? - I thought the only 'match' was the oil from the sheen - 'matched' to BP's Blow-out ..???!!
Earth Cries

User ID: 1002698
United States
10/14/2012 10:09 AM

Report Abusive Post
Morning update.

[link to assumptionla.wordpress.com]
Mark 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

“Things fall apart; the center cannot hold.” Yeats
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/14/2012 10:10 AM
Report Abusive Post

like i say: it's a BIG reservoir.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/14/2012 10:20 AM
Report Abusive Post

like i say: it's a BIG reservoir.

i mean, this thing could be as big as the Ogallala Aquifer,
only much much deeper.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24892162
United States
10/14/2012 10:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good morning All...I see we're one step closer to the inevitable. All cred and big props to the Dawg's, spot on w/ everything, re: gas well pressure building in Beaumont TX.

I was outta the loop yesterday, RC informed me there was booms and rumblings in the San Diego area (Salton Sea) last night w/ no seismic readings to back up a tectonic movement scenario...hate to speculate but I will, I believe it's related.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25545538
United States
10/14/2012 10:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
this thread and shills make me want to
yakshitstreamfight
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/14/2012 10:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
this thread and shills make me want to
yakshitstreamfight
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25545538

well, then take this!

granny
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24892162
United States
10/14/2012 10:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Seismic activity on the rise this morning, more than a cpl rang Gaia like a bell...

[link to quakes.globalincidentmap.com]

[link to earthquake.usgs.gov]

Thread: Huge quakes, last 4 hours October 14
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25497278
United States
10/14/2012 10:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Federal officials have approved a joint plan from BP and Transocean to identify the source of a sheen in the Gulf Of Mexico associated with the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.

Officials said in a news release late Friday that the federal on-site coordinator approved the joint plan on Thursday. Coast Guard Capt. Duke Walker had required the plan, and federal officials had informed BP and Transocean they might be held responsible for the costs of identifying the source and the cleanup.
[link to www.usatoday.com]
 Quoting: Nika

Absurd. Face it, we're never going to know what the hell is going on until they want us too.

I'm just going to keep posting this video. Not because I'm a huge JV fan, but because of what they found. It really is unbelievable.

27:35 or if you're really impatient, 31:20

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20940257

Quoting: amachiavellian

Quoting: amachiavellian

Keep posting this video... It explains the big picture.
Angelic_Warrior

User ID: 23290196
United States
10/14/2012 11:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have been observing this thread for a couple of weeks now.
Sooooooooooo interesting and informative!!
Thanks to all involved.

Question.. Any idea at all what the "synthia" is mutating into? Sounds like something out of a science fiction movie.

If I lived down there I would be very tempted to put an old aquarium in a shed and go to the gulf and scoop up some sand, water, etc. and just observe it.

Thanks again to everyone.. you don't have to live down south to have this thread grab your attention and leave you with your heart in your throat.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
I Corinthians 2:14

God doesn't choose favorites.. They choose HIM

It is not the greatness of my faith that moves mountains but my faith in the greatness of God
dr.einstein

United States
10/14/2012 11:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have been observing this thread for a couple of weeks now.
Sooooooooooo interesting and informative!!
Thanks to all involved.

Question.. Any idea at all what the "synthia" is mutating into? Sounds like something out of a science fiction movie.

If I lived down there I would be very tempted to put an old aquarium in a shed and go to the gulf and scoop up some sand, water, etc. and just observe it.

Thanks again to everyone.. you don't have to live down south to have this thread grab your attention and leave you with your heart in your throat.
 Quoting: Angelic_Warrior

all of this "synthia" babble is just somebody's Sci-Fi screenplay.

sorta like the movies about the self-replicating nano-bots that consume the whole planet.

there is no evidence that any of our natural viruses
(and certainly not synthia) have, as of yet, become
catastrophically virulent. (though i think it's bound
to happen some day)
Patassa

User ID: 21916852
United States
10/14/2012 11:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hello everyone. Haven't had time to read or post last few days, but just got this in:

10:45 a.m. Updated Sinkhole Dimensions Map
October 14, 2012
//

An updated map of the sinkhole with dimensions has been uploaded to the parish website. You can view the photo at:

[link to www.edsuite.com]
littlemiracles

User ID: 8637765
United States
10/14/2012 11:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hello everyone. Haven't had time to read or post last few days, but just got this in:

10:45 a.m. Updated Sinkhole Dimensions Map
October 14, 2012
//

An updated map of the sinkhole with dimensions has been uploaded to the parish website. You can view the photo at:

Quoting: Patassa

Thanks Patassa
Patassa

User ID: 21916852
United States
10/14/2012 11:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Your'e welcome!

Updated salt Dome Map

Updated Vent Well Map

jazz
User ID: 22000823
United States
10/14/2012 12:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
gm, seems to b chatter of sulfur smells,and sonic booms from LA clear to michigan n canada. i am beginning to think mayb the sinkhole prob isnt what we think. or at least not totally MNA MADE. thou i agree man can compound the prob.
this is 2012. the EQ's thou numerous have yet to cause major damage,hence my understanding is they must b deep.havent checked lately to see if there is a correlation to ALL EQ's bein at or near the same depth.and the volcaoes r also starting to pressure n growl.
starting to think mayb we have a worldwide situation. government knows but wont tell us.FEMA camps is evidence of that. why the ammo?? i am not conviced they want to shoot all of us. then who is goina b their slaves??? they need us to work,they certainly dont know how.lol
whatever is going on is wayy down in the earth. with the galactic alignment of the universe n galaxy, i figure its causing a gravitational effect. also seems to b the planet itself is warmer. as pressure build inside the planet,it has to b released somehow. prob is if it does it too quick.
not sure we will get the explosion as far as worldwide.
some gasses can have other affects. mainly starving our oxygen. also could lead to a nuclear-type winter.
leaves us<MANKIND> with several possabilities.
we die from lack of O2. we go into an ice-age. freeze or starve. or of course we die faster from a immediate catastrophy. mayb the ppl of LA die a better/kinder death.
on reasearching the MAYAN predictions, i often have to remind myself that man CAN NOT cause the problem. however man can make it much worse. anything in nature,weather, the planet,etc happens over time n not sudden. sometimes we dont see it coming and sometimes the changes may b subtle.
we have only been on the planet a very very short time,in respect to the age of earth itself. we exist in time when
SHE is warm.doesnt give us much of a sence as to how many or how big the temperature changes have been over eons of time. all cultures n religeons say "something bad will happen". some give actual ideas as to what those happenings might b. the MAYANS gave a date. is it a start date? or a end date? IFF my theory is correct, we will see more problems in the next 2mths. the EQ's will start coming to surface n will start to do major damage. also we will see EQ's in strange places. volcanoes will errupt strongely.
the animals will b scared and frantic.
no offence to those in LA or miss or TX,etc, we watch the sinkhole because it is the weak link. salt n sand gives way easily.i feel safer here on the ny-pa borderin these hills overtop bedrock. either way we will no longer have oil n natural gas to fuel electricity or anything.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17888588
United States
10/14/2012 12:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
SInkhold Prep by Government!

GLP