Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,278 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,312,035
Pageviews Today: 2,190,172Threads Today: 884Posts Today: 15,658
08:45 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

WORLD at WAR, Official 2012 Thread (TO BE CONTINUED) Israel, Iran, Syria, Hezbollah, PA, Egypt, Libya, Pakistan, North Korea, Russia, China, U.S.

Gerry52

User ID: 5789790
United States
08/31/2012 12:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: WORLD at WAR, Official 2012 Thread (TO BE CONTINUED) Israel, Iran, Syria, Hezbollah, PA, Egypt, Libya, Pakistan, North Korea, Russia, China, U.S.
So we are now moving into a new window MM.

The question is will Bibi will pull the trigger before early October???

Some tense weeks ahead for sure!!!

It's not looking good at all!

bump
 Quoting: Steve5728

Very tough choice for Israel right now, war on her wn, or wait and risk Iran becoming impossible to stop and even the US not changing its policy if Romney does not get elected. It must all be wieghed.
 Quoting: MIL MAN

Romney also said..."Obama said we need to talk to Iran, well we have been talking to Iran and Iran's centrifuges are still spinning". He was very clear on his stance.
I know the voices aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas!
Semper Fi USMC
Very much an Occams Razor kind of guy.
Bridging the gap between "It can't happen to us" and "We're all going to die".
Gerry52

User ID: 5789790
United States
08/31/2012 12:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: WORLD at WAR, Official 2012 Thread (TO BE CONTINUED) Israel, Iran, Syria, Hezbollah, PA, Egypt, Libya, Pakistan, North Korea, Russia, China, U.S.
Been a long week here...Going to leave work early and take Xena to the dog park or the pond for a while. We are slowly repopulating the platforms as things return to normal in the Gulf. Will be back later from home.
I know the voices aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas!
Semper Fi USMC
Very much an Occams Razor kind of guy.
Bridging the gap between "It can't happen to us" and "We're all going to die".
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18097583
Canada
08/31/2012 12:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
I can smell WAR in the air this fall.

WHO ELSE?
ClydeX

User ID: 11310285
United States
08/31/2012 12:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Been a long week here...Going to leave work early and take Xena to the dog park or the pond for a while. We are slowly repopulating the platforms as things return to normal in the Gulf. Will be back later from home.
 Quoting: Gerry52

Good for you - nothing better for clearing the head than spending time outside. Especially if your dog is around.
Think we're taking a bit of time this afternoon as well.

We often forget that these guys pick up on the anxieties, stresses, and frustrations we experience, and it's good to get them in a different environment to burn off the crud as well.
Job 12:7) But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:
8) Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee.
tmorais

User ID: 22822315
Brazil
08/31/2012 12:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
And now it is official . . .

Russia says Iran's nuclear power plant fully operational
[link to www.jpost.com]

Power unit 1 of Bushehr NPP brought to 100% of design power

On the 30th of August at 18:47 local time the reactor of power unit 1 of Bushehr NPP (Islamic Republic of Iran) was brought to 100% of design power in the framework of the first power program.

Vladimir Pavlov, Deputy Director of NIAEP for construction of NPP in Iran and Turkey, said this was the concluding stage of the power unit commissioning, during which the systems and equipment would be tested at the design power level.

[link to www.rosatom.ru]

explosion
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1361121
United States
08/31/2012 01:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
I suspect when (not if) Iran reaches weapons grade and actually constructs a nuclear weapon it won't be tested in their homeland. Doing so would be a dead giveaway that they have achieved that goal and cause the unstablity in the ME to over the top in a hurry. Instead they will use a proxy like North Korea.

Most likely then next underground nuclear test in N. Korea will actually belong to Iran.

5 stars for ya
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 6823450
United States
08/31/2012 02:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
I suspect when (not if) Iran reaches weapons grade and actually constructs a nuclear weapon it won't be tested in their homeland. Doing so would be a dead giveaway that they have achieved that goal and cause the unstablity in the ME to over the top in a hurry. Instead they will use a proxy like North Korea.

Most likely then next underground nuclear test in N. Korea will actually belong to Iran.

5 stars for ya
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1361121

There have been those who say the last North Korea test was actually for Iran.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18746754
France
08/31/2012 03:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hi guys and girls.
Thanks for this thread, those hater ac's were quite annoying recently.

hf

Meanwhile Bahrain is back:
[link to www.nowlebanon.com]

Looks like a ME showdown between the al quaida near sunnis and the mad mullah shiites is building up.

Little Israel is in between, knowing that both of them are more or less in war with them.

In that shitstorm Israel needs all her allies at her side. Those muslim president in the US is definitly standing on the wrong side, democrat or not democrat, doesn't matter. The person matters.
Anonymous Coward
France
08/31/2012 03:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
There have been those who say the last North Korea test was actually for Iran.

At least iranians nuclear scientist were there during the test and preparation phase; I guess it is obvious, that they were not a recreation trip in lovely NK.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11934995
Canada
08/31/2012 03:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
hey aton,

good to see you! still eating just steak?
Anonymous Coward
France
08/31/2012 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Latest Syria developments put into order:

15:56 Regime warplanes are heavily bombing the town of Abu al-Zohur, Al-Arabiya quoted activists as saying

19:49 Rebels shot down a helicopter in the Edleb town of Sermeen, Al-Arabiya quoted activists as saying.

20:43 The Free Syrian Army shot down a forth helicopter on Friday in the Edleb town of Abu al-Zohur, Al-Arabiya quoted activists as saying.

21:31 The Free Syrian Army took control of the air defense battalion in the town of Abu Kamal, Al-Jazeera quoted activists as saying.

20:32 Russia on Friday repeated a call for an immediate end to the violence in Syria in a statement issued a day after the UN Security Council discussed the humanitarian crisis in the strife-torn country.

[link to www.nowlebanon.com]

Looks like Assad is much more in trouble today, than he was a couple of weeks ago.

:Ahhhhh:
AkivaJeff

User ID: 19183578
United States
08/31/2012 03:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
‘Sparks fly’ over US policy on Iran at meeting between Netanyahu and US envoy

[link to www.timesofisrael.com]

Thanks Gerry!

I knew it happenned, just did not see the article yet.

too bad punches weren't thrown
 Quoting: godzilla85

Or a shoe, at least!

Thanks for movin' mil.
Life is short...
But it's WIDE.
Anonymous Coward
France
08/31/2012 03:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
hey aton,

good to see you! still eating just steak?
 Quoting: Swinburnian

I had a pizza this noon, I don't eat very much, I am still stuffed with that pizza.

Good to see you, too, my friend.

hf
DblTapViper

User ID: 9050718
United States
08/31/2012 03:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
This came from the other thread and didn't want to lose it just in case it ever came up and who published it.

Please note the last line of this WallStreet Journey article:

VIENNA—The Iranian scientist considered Tehran's atomic-weapons guru until he was apparently sidelined several years ago is back at work, according to United Nations investigators and U.S. and Israeli officials, sparking fresh concerns about the status of Iran's nuclear program.

Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, widely compared with Robert Oppenheimer, the American physicist who oversaw the crash 1940s effort to build an atomic bomb, helped push Iran into its nuclear age over the past two decades. A senior officer in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, he oversaw Iran's research into the construction and detonation of a nuclear warhead, Western officials say.

News to Me - what do make of that?

[link to online.wsj.com]

Last Edited by DblTapViper on 08/31/2012 03:46 PM
DblTapViper
Anonymous Coward
France
08/31/2012 03:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Netanjahu will held a speech before the UN end of september.

He will be there the 27 and fly back to Israel the 30th.
Vlad Tepes

User ID: 4409012
Romania
08/31/2012 03:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don't forget Russia's massive Kavkaz 2012 exercise:

[link to pik.tv]

The scenario is clearly an invasion of Georgia.
Sol Dominvs Imperi Romani
Imperium Romanum Sacrum
In Varietate Concordia
AkivaJeff

United States
08/31/2012 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
I can smell WAR in the air this fall.

WHO ELSE?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18097583

There's still a bit of summer left! :)
Life is short...
But it's WIDE.
Anonymous Coward
France
08/31/2012 03:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to pik.tv]

Quoting: Vlad Tepes

damned

Putin finishing is unfinished business from his first presidency, ...

... or a deal has been struck:

Georgia for free hands in Syria ?
fromSouthCarolina

User ID: 22787468
United States
08/31/2012 03:55 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to pik.tv]

Quoting: ^àTOn^

What does Georgia for free hands in Syria mean?
luke
AkivaJeff

United States
08/31/2012 03:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
5*
Life is short...
But it's WIDE.
Anonymous Coward
France
08/31/2012 03:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to pik.tv]

damned

Or are they practicing for intervention on behalf of the allawites in Syria ?

At least the exercise is about to create a safe point on enemy territory and use it to push into enemy territory afterwards; air cover, ships, landing missions, and so on.

Interesting .... .
Anonymous Coward
France
08/31/2012 04:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to pik.tv]

What does Georgia for free hands in Syria mean?
 Quoting: fromSouthCarolina

Russia gets back Georgia, and at the same time, Russia leaves Syria to the local predators.

Thats what I meant.
fromSouthCarolina

United States
08/31/2012 04:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
5*
 Quoting: AkivaJeff

Sorry to Interrupt but,
How do you have a Silver Star Trial Uprade when you don't have 50 karma points? (Only 9 green) I would PM you but I know you can't reply on Trial Uprade, did you ask a Mod to let you have special permission to buy a trial uprade for discount? Becuase I thought there was only the 10$ a month full uprade option?

Last Edited by fromSouthCarolina on 08/31/2012 04:05 PM
luke
Vlad Tepes

User ID: 4409012
Romania
08/31/2012 04:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to pik.tv]

damned

At least the exercise is about to create a safe point on enemy territory and use it to push into enemy territory afterwards; air cover, ships, landing missions, and so on.

Interesting .... .

For the time being there is no sign of a deal on Syria. Russia and China maintain their position. So I don't think the US would trade Georgia for Syria but if a major war starts in the Middle East then Russia could invade Georgia. It would be fait accompli and the US could be too busy to react.
Sol Dominvs Imperi Romani
Imperium Romanum Sacrum
In Varietate Concordia
Anonymous Coward
France
08/31/2012 04:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Despite talk of Iran strike, Israel may be banking on an exit strategy

[link to www.haaretz.com]

"There are two key 'exit stations' for Israel to back down on its threat: A meeting between Netanyahu and Obama in September and a joint U.S.-Israeli military exercise in October."

Any thoughts from the connected posters among us, if this is serious or not ?
AkivaJeff

United States
08/31/2012 04:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
5*

Sorry to Interrupt but,
How do you have a Silver Star Trial Uprade when you don't have 50 karma points? (Only 9 green) I would PM you but I know you can't reply on Trial Uprade, did you ask a Mod to let you have special permission to buy a trial uprade for discount? Becuase I thought there was only the 10$ a month full uprade option?

I don't know how it works. I'm a dummy but learning alot.
Life is short...
But it's WIDE.
Anonymous Coward
France
08/31/2012 04:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to pik.tv]

damned

Interesting .... .

For the time being there is no sign of a deal on Syria. Russia and China maintain their position. So I don't think the US would trade Georgia for Syria but if a major war starts in the Middle East then Russia could invade Georgia. It would be fait accompli and the US could be too busy to react.

Why is Georgia so important for Russia, that they would risk a confrontation with the US, and the life of their soldiers ?

1dunno1
AkivaJeff

United States
08/31/2012 04:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
5*

Sorry to Interrupt but,

It says "Logged in as AkivaJeff" Trial Upgrade through 9/17.
Life is short...
But it's WIDE.
Anonymous Coward
France
08/31/2012 04:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
5*

Sorry to Interrupt but,

I wanna blue star, I don't like orange, I like blue, like the sky.

:Bigger:
fromSouthCarolina

United States
08/31/2012 04:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

Sorry to Interrupt but,

I wanna blue star, I don't like orange, I like blue, like the sky.

:Bigger:

Do Blue Stars exist? And i figured out, one of his friends used 100 karma points to give him a trial upgrade, becuase I know they don't offer a price for the Silver Star
luke

GLP